test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Unable to invoke on one character

bhurabbhurab Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 91 Arc User
edited March 2015 in Bug Reports (PC)
Hello,
For some time now (about 8 weeks or so) I have not been able to invoke on my GF. A little background, to clear up some other comments that I have noticed on older invoke threads (I cannot find any new threads):
- he is level 60, for a long time now; and
- has completed blacklake district (a long time ago).

I am at a loss as to how and get his invoke to work again. The invoke button does activate when I walk into shrines or camp circles, but I cannot press the button (it wont do anything); Ctrl-I does not work; I have changed the shortcut and it does not work either.

Incidentally, I have even tried a gift of the gods invoke coin, to reset the invoke timer (which mine is already at zero, but I thought this might reset some internal, damaged timer), and the coin did nothing - still cannot invoke.

I have reported a few bugs to devs, and to GMs, and there is no news they can provide (other than to start a new forum, since there is no new forum on this matter).

Incidentally, I can remember the day it started: I was in GG entrance, and invoked successfully at the camp fire while wait for an FC party. A few minutes later, the party formed and we entered FC. While running down the first flight of stairs, I seem to recall a party member dropping a shrine, as I heard my invoke button tone playing, but thought nothing of it. Once the dungeon was completed, and I went to the camp fire (my invoke timer should still have been some 50mins or so), my timer had reset to zero, the button was active, but now nothing happened... and I have not been able to invoke since.

Anyone have any ideas as to how to fix this?
Or any news on when a patch will be released to fix this?
Am I the only toon experiencing this?

Thanks guys, appreciate the help!
Post edited by bhurab on

Comments

• bhurabbhurab Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    ... and yes, I have been invoking for a long time, so I know it was working originally, I did complete all the pre-requisite quests.
  • isaintify1isaintify1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 414 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    So I have been unable to invoke since May 13th 2014. It can get pretty frustrating sometimes, when I try to invoke my toon and I am unable to invoke. I have been through the hoops and loops with the dev's. Through support tickets and emails saying this is an unknown error... That is basically it and all that has happened with that. So I am hoping someone here in the forums knows about this and has a fix for it.

Description: It shines, it lights, and glows at me, it does want me to invoke for me. Guildie's claim I made the gods mad at me, and now do not want me to invoke to them. I enter any kind of circle(alter) it lights up acting like I can invoke. But no matter how much I try, and try as I might Ctrl + I. It fails to invoke. I've been told that my character sometimes does the animation on others screen, and sometimes it doesn't. So I've missed out on a lot of coins for the last 6 or so months, and its pretty saddening. The day Icewind Dale came out was the day my invoke had died for me.

What I have done:
    *Re-installing Neverwinter
    *Re-installing Arc
    *Changing key-bindings
    *Invoking at every possible place
    *Invoking with different alters
    *Sending Tickets
    *Using different computers
    *Wiping my computer

Its obviously not my side that is broken/bugged, and I would love to see this get fixed. Another weird part about this invocation thing is that only one toon is unable to invoke, the rest are fine and able to invoke like normal. At the time the toon that was unable to invoke, was my main but since then has turned into well a lesser version.
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited January 2015
    What exactly is the error message you are receiving in the system logs?

Has that character completed Blacklake District?
  • blackjackwidowblackjackwidow Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 424 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    First post says he completed Blacklake District; if getting an error message, please post.

I guess the only other thing I've ever heard of being an issue is the multiple gods thing; did this character previously have multiple gods? If so, I think you have to contact customer service and ask them to reset your account, and I would guess that it would help if you can specify this is the problem.

Only other thing that I can think of to try to 'reset' would be trying the Gateway; go to Sword Coast Adventures, click on "The Temple of Reflection", look at left hand side for the blue text that says how many hours you have until your current invoke expires. Maybe attempt to reset it by playing that particular "dungeon"?

After all the reinstalls and such, I can't imagine it has anything to do with verifying files, but I guess you could try that; won't hurt. Wish I had an answer for you, :(
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited January 2015
    The first post was not what I was responding to. They were separate threads which I merged. :p
    edited January 2015
    Welcome to my world! Ive been unable to invoke since mod3 came out~ Also I recieve no error message of any kind. Ive done the quest level 60 15kgs DC.
    edited January 2015
    A few other points, now that I have seen some other comments:
    - yes, I have played the gateway temple, which has no impact, I still cannot invoke on this toon;
    - the gateway temple says "Your current invoke has expired! Completing this adventure will no longer extend your timer";
    - incidentally, I have 4 other toons that invoke without issue;
    - what is this reference to having multiple gods? I was only able to choose 1 god when rolling this toon. I do have a seperate god on each of my 5 toons, but none of he others have any invoke issues. Please elaborate on this multiple god thing.
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    - what is this reference to having multiple gods? I was only able to choose 1 god when rolling this toon. I do have a seperate god on each of my 5 toons, but none of he others have any invoke issues. Please elaborate on this multiple god thing.

Without going into specific details, it was once possible to worship multiple gods, although multiple gods had no bearing on a player's stats. However, this has since been patched so that this is no longer possible.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
    edited January 2015
    I still would like to see a fix for this. Ive been waiting for over 6 months for this to be fixed to figure it slipped their minds and no longer are working on a fix for it, when there is so many other issues going on.
    edited January 2015
    -___- Anything else on this or no...?
    edited January 2015
    I was going to ask the same thing... it would be nice if someone can advise any progress on fixing this bug, or any steps one can take to reset the invoke timer or quest, to try and re-initiate invoking.
    edited January 2015
    bhurab wrote: »
    I was going to ask the same thing... it would be nice if someone can advise any progress on fixing this bug, or any steps one can take to reset the invoke timer or quest, to try and re-initiate invoking.
    Like I had said its been little over 6 months for me since this broke.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited January 2015
    If they told you to post on the forums, then they meant to post a Bug Report and that then means there is nothing they can do without a patch. If I were you, I'd Update your Ticket and ask them if this is a known bug or something the Game Masters can fix. If it is a bug, as I said, you're going to have to wait for a patch that fixes it. I would additionally file an actual in game Bug Report, type /bug and fill out the rest.

Keep in mind, bug reports do not get responses, as they are reports and not support tickets. This is also why few bug reports here get Dev responses; because these are not support forums. The only way to gain actual support is through Support.

Safe travels,
    Archmage Zebular of Mystryl

PWE Community Moderator
    edited January 2015
    Alrighty, thank you.

- bug report: done
    - support tickets: done, known issue, no information available at this stage

Time to bench the toon, and wait for action.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited January 2015
    bhurab wrote: »
    Alrighty, thank you.

- bug report: done
    - support tickets: done, known issue, no information available at this stage

Time to bench the toon, and wait for action.
    Most welcome. Hope they find a fix soon and get it implemented into a patch for you. I wouldn't totally bench your character. I'd still run it's dailies and at least work its leadership and other professions, so the wait time isn't a total loss. :)
    edited January 2015
    zebular wrote: »
    If they told you to post on the forums, then they meant to post a Bug Report and that then means there is nothing they can do without a patch. If I were you, I'd Update your Ticket and ask them if this is a known bug or something the Game Masters can fix. If it is a bug, as I said, you're going to have to wait for a patch that fixes it. I would additionally file an actual in game Bug Report, type /bug and fill out the rest.

Keep in mind, bug reports do not get responses, as they are reports and not support tickets. This is also why few bug reports here get Dev responses; because these are not support forums. The only way to gain actual support is through Support.

Safe travels,
    Archmage Zebular of Mystryl

PWE Community Moderator

They never said anything to me, They had just claimed that this is an unkown bug, and they would investigate it. This was about 4-5 months ago I had received this ticket back. I have never heard anything back and my toon is still unable to invoke at all. I do not think I have the ticket anymore so I can not refer back to everything they said exactly, word for word. But that was the two biggest things they said in the ticket.

I came onto the forums, only because I have no other options as in tickets wont work, and I was hoping someone had the same issue here and had a fix for it. I was never referred here by anyone but myself, just seeking help for this issue that has last 6 months :(.
    edited January 2015
    Unfortunately that is where Zeb's second paragraph kicks in.

This issue was passed up the ladder by us but we do not have any further information. I don't know what drew both of you to the forums at the same time to report this bug but this is the first time we have seen such a report so I wouldn't keep hoping for another player to have an answer your predicament. This at the very least seems like a rare occurrence.

The developers rarely post ETA's and generally only do when it is in the pipeline to go to the preview shard. I understand that you have experienced this issue for months so it might feel like a lot to ask you to remain patient but unfortunately that is all we can do at this point.
    edited January 2015
    Unfortunately that is where Zeb's second paragraph kicks in.

This issue was passed up the ladder by us but we do not have any further information. I don't know what drew both of you to the forums at the same time to report this bug but this is the first time we have seen such a report so I wouldn't keep hoping for another player to have an answer your predicament. This at the very least seems like a rare occurrence.

The developers rarely post ETA's and generally only do when it is in the pipeline to go to the preview shard. I understand that you have experienced this issue for months so it might feel like a lot to ask you to remain patient but unfortunately that is all we can do at this point.
    Alright I was only hoping for some sort of answer, because Ive been waiting a long time for a fix. I thought I should try the forums to see if there was in a chance of someone knowing a fix for this. That's all there is to it, and I at least got a form of answer so I am glad I came here and posted the issue.
  • malakut#1916 malakut Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    As for the whole Blacklake District thing... See pic Below. Blacklake has absolutely nothing to do with this bug imo. My lvl 20 DC has yet to leave PE for anything. It's gotten its experience from Tomes of Experience, Invoking, and Leadership. Please stop sending folks on a wild goose hunt into Blacklake District.

b074d90b3a83ef7cb0cc62e5b7fff74e.jpg
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    That's all well and good if you can invoke on that character, but it's officially documented that you're not *supposed to* be able to, as of whichever module they implemented that change.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
    edited March 2015
    That's all well and good if you can invoke on that character, but it's officially documented that you're not *supposed to* be able to, as of whichever module they implemented that change.
    I personally do not care about the dumb "quest" because it does not mean or do anything for anyone. They just toss you everywhere telling you to "send a ticket" then the tickets tell you to go to the "forums", and they refer you go back to the "tickets". I mean seriously...
    edited March 2015
    So I tested invoking in preview for module 6 hoping the rework on the invoke system would work. However it did not and I still cannot invoke one one of my toons. GG
    edited March 2015
    isaintify1 wrote: »
    So I tested invoking in preview for module 6 hoping the rework on the invoke system would work. However it did not and I still cannot invoke one one of my toons. GG
    Still not able to invoke...