test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Spellstorm Renegade Guide: Death is the Best Crowd Control

Comments

• Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    i used to drop 15-20m consistenly with crits guide. now i can barely keep up with gwf or scourge warlocks

But that might also mean the group doing more damage, that's the point.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    i dont want them to be close to my damage though haha

I've never gotten loot from winning the Paingiver title. Only from killing the last boss.

If you want the group to do LESS damage, so you can brag about being the Paingiver, you're in the wrong thread.
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    angrymanagementangrymanagement Member Posts: 487 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    i dont want them to be close to my damage though haha

Paingiver has often been misunderstood. The more damage your team does, the less damage you will do. Also if you have someone in your party running ahead to get their AOE attacks off on trash mobs before the rest of the team does, that will influence Paingiver big time, but won't help the overall run at all.
    DPS is the best measurement of a build imo, but I don't know that you can parse DPS on the Xbox.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Exactly. The better your team is, and the more efficient you are at clearing a dungeon, the "lower" your score on the Paingiver chart is. Unfortuantely, the Paingiver chart encourages (and maybe rewards if you're into the "epeen" thing) really bad behavior.

That's why when people screenshot the scoreboard, and then use it for justification of a great build, I just ignore it. It doesn't mean anything.
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    alarinnalarinn Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Either I am really tired or you removed the gear section of your build. Something about going with HV for the 4 main spots. I take it that isn't the preferred set anymore? Did gear score change or is it the total item level? Sorry I have been away for a long time and I feel I'm not even close to being decent now even with a fully specced SW armor.
  • Options
    nazghul22nazghul22 Member Posts: 407 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    i used to drop 15-20m consistenly with crits guide. now i can barely keep up with gwf or scourge warlocks

With gwf?
    Hurry to change your build. You should deliver five times the damage a gwf does.
    ToD = ..........
    Tired of Dailies/Tyranny of Dailies/Timers of Doom/Tricked Or Duped/Tremendously Obnoxious Dailies/Try Otherwise, Devs
  • Options
    parswindparswind Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    nazghul22 wrote: »
    With gwf?
    Hurry to change your build. You should deliver five times the damage a gwf does.

maybe u have not seen gwf with 23k power and lostmouth set.or maybe u have broken stuff like feytouched too.
  • Options
    asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    In VT/ELOL runs with a premade group I sometimes run with HV set, our tank/ heal/ CC is THAT good. We run with two CWs. If I run HV, the other CW outdpses me, with full epic lvl 70 gear I outdps him most of the time, but the HV debuff is still viable, IF you survive the fights.
    Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    magenubbie wrote: »
    He removed it. It'll go here. The old gear doesn't drop anymore and I suppose he's still testing which gear combinations work best.

Yeah, thanks to real life I was a bit slow to hit 70 (just had my third son a few weeks ago:D), so the gear, pets and stats section is slow to update.

If you've been using this guide for Module 5, you probably have a good idea of what you should be doing. Right now, gear is all 'bout the stats, 'bout the stats, 'bout the stats, no set bonus.

From what I've seen, 60% is the new Arm Pen cap, which is about 7000. So go for Arm Pen first (just like old school), and after that I'm adding critical strike.
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    leavzarleavzar Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Yo the Xbone feats aren't there???
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Feats for Xbone???
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Soz for spamming lol
  • Options
    malifasmalifas Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    "is all 'bout the stats, 'bout the stats, 'bout the stats, no set bonus."
    Thanks now I have that stuck in my head lol
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    leavzar wrote: »
    Yo the Xbone feats aren't there???

Yeah, I'm not officially supporting the Xbox anymore. I got a lot of feedback on Reddit that the build wasn't doing what it was suppose to, so I don't know if it's people just not following the guide, too much stuff being different, or a bugs in the Xbox version causing interesting interactions.

I have no way to test it, or even log in since I don't have a Xbox, and I'd rather not steer people wrong. Obviously, they can still keep up with the Renegade theory here, and apply it as needed to the Xbox.

Also, I got a message from a dude who's going to take what I wrote, and modify it to fit the Xbox specifically, so I'd stay tuned to the Xbox One CW forum for more there.
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    notoriousforknotoriousfork Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Hey Iron, I saw that you took down the xbox stuff and I respect that decision, but I was hoping that you could tell me what you had on there for Rings and Waist..? I just got the Ancient slavemaster ring of control, and was wondering if I should keep or sale, it currently sales for a lot on the AH and was thinking of selling it, but I am just making sure I'm not selling something I'll want, if my memory serves me you said that Jewel crafted rings were the way to go, are they better than the slavemaster ring? And do you have the name of the jewel crafted stuff?
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    If they're in the game, the Personalized Archmage's Rings are what you want. Power/Armor Penetration + a defensive and offensive slot. They're a bit pricy to make.

Otherwise, use rings to get the stats you need. Armor penetration first, then balance out power and crit at about 4:1 power/crit.
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    itsj4m13itsj4m13 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Iron, I followed your guide and it works amazing, even on xbox.. The only thing is, I changed my feats, to try something else and it didn't work as well.. so now I want to go back to the feats you had previously, but you have changed them now.... Can you remember what you had? Do you have the old image, thanks
  • Options
    thesaucinthesaucin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Iron, I just wanted to say you're the man. I came back to Neverwinter once it was released on Xbox and you helped me catch up on all that I missed. For those Xbox players who complained, I can tell you any problems they were experiencing with the class were due to user error and not you.

I appreciate all the hard work and effort you put into this guide. I look forward to your future updates.

Xoxoxo,
    Saucin
  • Options
    smashedturkeysmashedturkey Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Where did the xbox feats version go? We only goto 60, I just respec'd and now can't see where to put everything again...
    Even under geared that build was a death machine on xbox. I had zero issues running dungeons.
  • Options
    allself44allself44 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Where did the xbox feats version go? We only goto 60, I just respec'd and now can't see where to put everything again...
    Even under geared that build was a death machine on xbox. I had zero issues running dungeons.

feats for this build pre mod 6

bAnC6NW.jpg
    Shining on the stupidity of it all, in all its glory
    Was going with that for sig, but changed my mind. Or did I?
  • Options
    angrymanagementangrymanagement Member Posts: 487 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    thesaucin wrote: »
    Iron, I just wanted to say you're the man. I came back to Neverwinter once it was released on Xbox and you helped me catch up on all that I missed. For those Xbox players who complained, I can tell you any problems they were experiencing with the class were due to user error and not you.

I appreciate all the hard work and effort you put into this guide. I look forward to your future updates.

Xoxoxo,
    Saucin

I can't help but wonder if they are looking just at paingiver and judging by that alone.
    Chaos Magic benefits the whole team and is the biggest damage boost to Rene. Also, Nightmare Wizardry benefits the whole team. As such the true damage potential of the build may not be properly reflected in the Paingiver listing.

These are the personal feats you get:
    10% crit, 15% crit severity, & 5% damage buff (Opp Bitter Cold Feat - which probably any CW will have) Reapers Touch barely counts, its just a filler to get to higher feats.
  • Options
    shahafnoyshahafnoy Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    All i can say, Is Thank you.
    So far? Best build i had on my CW.
    Arohan - 3k CW
    Arohan-DC - 3k DC
    Che Guevara - 3.6k OP tank
    Hodor - 2.6k GWF
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Is xbox mod or six? I know we still have LvL 60 cap and all.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Ty that's what I needed! Only thing I changed was I put 3 in Wizards Wrath instead of 3 in Focused Wizardry. I feel Aoe is far more important than single target mediocre buffs. As a Renegade I literally blaze in, after hitting big guy with conduit, drop icy terrain and then hit steal time. 9 times out of 10, the mob if a block of ice or dead, with the rest standing there going, Wtf was that?! I love the build, yeah it's aggressive but with the right cleric, I am direct Los with them at all times. If I am locking a sacking hulk down I will be at max range and spam ray of frost. An iceberg cannot suck...
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Well, thanks for the positive feedback from the Xboxers...it sounds like it really was "user error" on the part of some other players. I have the Level 60 version saved in another place. When I get more free time, I'll re-update one of the sections to include the level 60 version again.
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    sliderhardcoresliderhardcore Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    "I'll also swap out for these powers during the head phase"
    How are you (or anyone) swapping 4 powers form AoE to Single target in less then 7-8 secs without searching (slow scrolling) for them one by one in power page ?
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    "I'll also swap out for these powers during the head phase"
    How are you (or anyone) swapping 4 powers form AoE to Single target in less then 7-8 secs without searching (slow scrolling) for them one by one in power page ?

Practice. I can swap out powers in about 5 seconds. Point my horse (or character) in generally the right direction. Hit "T" to autorun. Pull up power menu while autorunning and hope you can swap all the powers before you run off the edge :)

It's a game within a game.
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    wixxgs1chtwixxgs1cht Member Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    ironzerg79 wrote: »
    Practice. I can swap out powers in about 5 seconds. Point my horse (or character) in generally the right direction. Hit "T" to autorun. Pull up power menu while autorunning and hope you can swap all the powers before you run off the edge :)

Haha, I love doing that. Especially if slightly (or not so slightly) buzzed. Adds a whole new layer of difficulty! Should give it a shot.