test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Should fighter prones return?

darkballaddarkballad Member Posts: 1 Arc User
edited December 2014 in PvE Discussion
I believe they should return. GWF Takedown, and Iron Vanguard Frontline Surge should be able to prone. Both skills are easy to predict and dodge while the rewards for landing hits are small. Allowing the prone and deflection mitigation would make these skills viable.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• jeffro9000jeffro9000 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 121 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    I voted yes, but just for takedown. Frontline was a little ridiculous proning an entire team at mid.
    Jeffro, DC
    Jeffrina Jones, GWF
    Jeffrodo, CW
    Jeffrogue, Rog
    Jelfro, GF
    Jeffrogolas Do'Urden, HR
    Jeffrodo Jaggins, SW
  • effectensteineffectenstein Member Posts: 1,031 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    I VOTE NO.

you dont know what you demand.
  • mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Prone on takedown, it's impossible to hit a thing as GWF now.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • darkballaddarkballad Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Currently the rewards are small for landing these skills. The damage is low, and the stuns can be determined or ITCed off. Follow up damage would be higher, and they could not be shrugged off so easily if they were prones.

What charade are you talking about? There are many game deciding factors that other classes have. It seems to me that fighters are lacking a bit. I think having prones return to them would help to balance them out.
  • hefisdohefisdo Member Posts: 709 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    I think the prone should return to both encounter powers.

The FS FX suggests that the enemies are being passed over by a frontline. I never agreed to make that start stunning instead.
    (´・ ω ・`)
  • zvieriszvieris Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Prone back on TD? Yes.
    Prone back on FLS? No. I feel that stun is fine for this power, although a cooldown decrease and damage increase would be nice.
    And roar should daze.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited December 2014
    Do they still prone in PvE? I play my GFs so little that I don't keep up on GF changes that often. So, my comment might already be self-serving:

From just PvE, I feel prones should happen from both encounters. I can see the issue with Frontline in PvP. For such issues, I'd suggest to have prones proc off Takedown in both PvE and PvP and then have it proc off of Frontline only in PvE.
    edited December 2014
    zebular wrote: »
    Do they still prone in PvE? I play my GFs so little that I don't keep up on GF changes that often. So, my comment might already be self-serving:

From just PvE, I feel prones should happen from both encounters. I can see the issue with Frontline in PvP. For such issues, I'd suggest to have prones proc off Takedown in both PvE and PvP and then have it proc off of Frontline only in PvE.

Yes, they do prone in PvE.
  • demonkyuubidemonkyuubi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    i'm fine with takedown getting it's prone back but not for FLS. a ranged aoe prone that's extremely difficult to even react to is not fun to be against.
  • ortzhyortzhy Member Posts: 1,103 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    i voted yes, but i dont have any problem with the stun minus that it can be deflected and not usable so like it or not i only have intimidation to play with... But if you keep classes like hr/tr with high deflect/piercing dmg we need that prone to keep them in line.

Also please fix the pushing skills, i cant even get close to DC/CW in unstoppable due to low CD... Both GF/GWF have the same problem.
  • jayrad8jayrad8 Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Yes for Takedown, No for Frontline
    Ezra@jayrad8 | M4 CW Class Advocate
    twitch.tv/ezracw | absolutegaming.guildportal.com
    #BringBackShard | M5 CW Bug List | My M3 PvP Gameplay
    PpkM0MK.png

• rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    Agreed with the others. Takedown should prone, frontline should not. Takedown is harder to land and requires more skill and timing. Frontline surge is just a dumb I-win-you're-proned button.
  • reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I disagree, I think prones should be saved for dailies and things like that, not for a skill that can be used every 6 secs or so.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
    edited December 2014
    reiwulf wrote: »
    I disagree, I think prones should be saved for dailies and things like that, not for a skill that can be used every 6 secs or so.

Yet about every class has CC encounters that do not get deflected to nothingness except for GWF. Let them have something to fight with.

And of course, you don't have any problem with Scoundrel's daze proccing off any crit (ranged too) every 5 seconds, but a short range melee prone once every 7+ seconds is a problem huh.
  • mfgamesysmfgamesys Member Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    fls should remain how it is. I could see takedown as a prone again in pvp but that is a 50/50 for me.
    Main-Lothor Syralth Guardian Fighter
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    i m not against prone on takedown BUT it should not hit for 10-15k like mod 3.
    Prone should be a mean to strike safely later not an HARD CC with HARD damage. For example Boar on HR hits for like 3k crit??

Prone cant be absolutely called a standart CC.
  • burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    im a GWF and i voted "no" i want gwf to be balanced by increasing damage + DR

high damage with low cc is about same as mediocre damage with cc for pvp, but much better for pve and were lacking in pve as well, the prones wouldnt change anything for pve

we have cc immunity and having cc + high damage + DR + cc immunity is a recipe for OP, if we just had cc immunity + high damage + dr it would be easier to fight gwf and allow to add more damage for pve
    Paladin Master Race
    edited December 2014
    burkaanc wrote: »
    im a GWF and i voted "no" i want gwf to be balanced by increasing damage + DR

high damage with low cc is about same as mediocre damage with cc for pvp, but much better for pve and were lacking in pve as well, the prones wouldnt change anything for pve

we have cc immunity and having cc + high damage + DR + cc immunity is a recipe for OP, if we just had cc immunity + high damage + dr it would be easier to fight gwf and allow to add more damage for pve

GWF has DR? Lol. I'd give up my sprint for a proper dodge with dodge immunity and unstoppable for something that doesn't require me to lose half my HP to activate and get easily kitted.

Oh and let's not forget all these defense piercing feats and powers as well as power creep content that lets everyone easily achieve 2k+ ArPen, or just put a plaguefire enchant or whatever that negates our higher base DR. GWF's survivability is a joke.

So either survivability has to increase so we can actually tank some hits, or we need some proper CC so we have a chance to kill our enemies before they kill us.
  • overdriver13overdriver13 Member Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    GF frontline surge should definitely prone. That class needs all the help it can get.
    edited December 2014
    they just need to stop playing with this piercing BS + fix unstoppable for destro and instigator + damage resistance from unstoppable/sprint/blocks/etc. should be respected by piercing

also i think they may rise lvl cap soon/change how diminishing returns work since about every class can get capped in all stats, that should fix the problem with stats
    Paladin Master Race
  • zxornzxorn Member Posts: 160 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    Frontline is one of the hardest skills in the game to predict or dodge.... If you use it in a predictable manner like most GWF do, it's you being predictable not the ability.

I wasn't playing when they nerfed Prone, So I don't know what led up to it's nerf... Other than people feeling bad about it happening to them.

I thought that it was a proper melee mechanic, Let a fighter get close to you and you get punished for it. I don't really see a big advantage to playing a fighter in the game's current state.
  • munchkinkittymunchkinkitty Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I think GWF should return to it's former glory. With the buffs from most of the other classes since then, it seems the old GWF wouldn't be much of a problem now. Revive of the takedown + frontline surge prone sounds great. They're pretty sad now. Not as sad as SW, but sad.
    Brìgh gach cluiche gu dheireadh.
    Ó Treasigh GF
    Ó Murchadh GWF
    Ó Kermichil CW

Ó Pádruig TR
    Ó Dànaidh HR

Ó Fionnlagh DC
    Ó Amhlaidh SW
    Ó Naomhin OP

BLACK LOTUS
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    zxorn wrote: »
    I wasn't playing when they nerfed Prone, So I don't know what led up to it's nerf... Other than people feeling bad about it happening to them.
    Going to simplify it a little bit but people complained because GWF's were proning people and hitting them with ibs which is too slow to land otherwise. Since the animation to get off the ground can't be speed up with tenacity they decided to neuter the GWF.
  • zxornzxorn Member Posts: 160 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    charononus wrote: »
    Going to simplify it a little bit but people complained because GWF's were proning people and hitting them with ibs which is too slow to land otherwise. Since the animation to get off the ground can't be speed up with tenacity they decided to neuter the GWF.

I don't really see what's wrong with that, if a GWF sprints at you it doesn't take a genius to figure out what's coming next.

Doesn't even come close to the Gtene days.

I definitely don't see how Tenacity can be an excuse when there's so much piercing damage flying around the game now. Unfixed bugs aside there seems to be a double standard going on.
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I don't really see what's wrong with that, if a GWF sprints at you it doesn't take a genius to figure out what's coming next.

I definitely don't see how Tenacity can be an excuse when there's so much piercing damage flying around the game now. Unfixed bugs aside there seems to be a double standard going on.

In my opinion the devs seem to listen to a vocal minority that complains on the forums. Everytime they do this, in my opinion the game gets worse. Deciding the customer is always a moron would be the best thing the devs could do.
  • pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I think GWFs don't really need prones back except on takedown from destroyers. The problem is deflect halving stuns.

- Prone on Takedown for destro tree, through feat---> would allow destroyers to deal more damage and improve in PvP where they are now useless. You'd have a squishy melee fighter but with the ability to prone a lot and deal serious damage, while still being easily taken down if focused by pretty much any other class.

- Deflect not halving stun duration: for a GWF using FLS, you have a 17s cooldown and then if you aim and time right, you can stun the opponent. IBS needs that stun pretty much to reliably land. If a high deflect chance class can pretty much nullify most of your stuns with deflect+tenacity, while dealing high DPS, you are at a great disadvantage. Pretty much it's like saying that the main weapon of a class can be often nullified by other classes.

Example: GWF vs HR. The HR can deal high DPS burst, can dodge and self heal. The GWF can, normally (non-intimidation) FLS--->IBS to deal high burst damage. But often you hit with FLS with right aim and timing, but after 0.2s the HR slips away. If the HR lands his boar prone--->Fox shift it's 100% damage. If i land my FLS i have a good chance he will still deflect it and get away before i can land IBS.

That's not fair. I play HR too, just in case someone wants to jump in and say i am bias over my class.

We need to either have stuns not reduced by deflect, or some other way to make the CC---IBS combo reliable. Or IBS to be as fast as restoring strike so we can land it directly. And same goes with other powers.
    If you give a class slow encounters in melee combat, you need to give also reliable CC.
    If you make CC not reliable, then give the class fast melee encounters.

It's not rocket science.
    edited December 2014
    make IBS piercing ? xD

imho IBS needs to have either faster animation, larger aoe(preferred) or it needs to lock to a target so ppl cant walk out of it, it would still be possible to dodge it, but not to walk out of it thanks to its tiny aoe

and 2 prones is too op, id like all prones removed from pvp, but then again in mod2 gwf was so op that i remember mowing pugs down with wicked strike in AoW set :D
    Paladin Master Race
  • pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    charononus wrote: »

They removed prones cause, from what i remember, it was unfair that GWFs could land IBS bypassing deflect/DR with prones.
    Then they introduced piercing damage on some classes and unresistable damage/ glyphs which are much more powerful on other classes, to turn GWF DR into useless chicken shlt.

With overall DPS boost GWFs are easier to kill than classes with immunity dodges, and hit for less. And stuns can be deflected often by TRs/ HRs, expecially halflings, to make whatever you try to do against them even more useless.

But hey, you can go intimidation sentinel to still die fast against equally geared players, but also deal monster mothrfuking damage with a couple of AoE utility encounters and a feat.

Forgot to say also that they nerfed 2 times unstoppable: 1st time, determination gain huge nerf, 2nd time DR from unstoppable nerf. Making it pretty much cosmetic except for sentinels where it's a lottle help but costs tons of HPs and is easily kited.

Makes sense.
  • reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    zvieris wrote: »
    Yet about every class has CC encounters that do not get deflected to nothingness except for GWF. Let them have something to fight with.

And of course, you don't have any problem with Scoundrel's daze proccing off any crit (ranged too) every 5 seconds, but a short range melee prone once every 7+ seconds is a problem huh.
    then GWF needs a boost in its CC duration, but I maintain that prones should't be on encounters, only in dailies.
    also what has TR dazes have to do with this topic? There are 90234203984023984023420498 topics about TRs, you can discuss that in there. This is about GWF.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • ortzhyortzhy Member Posts: 1,103 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    reiwulf wrote: »
    then GWF needs a boost in its CC duration, but I maintain that prones should't be on encounters, only in dailies.
    also what has TR dazes have to do with this topic? There are 90234203984023984023420498 topics about TRs, you can discuss that in there. This is about GWF.

OK dailies should be, can we GWFs get at least one working daily? Cause you see atm all are interruptible or can be dodge with ease...