Install Arc
Options

Insane Gearscore Elitism

124»

Comments

• Options
    darkballaddarkballad Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I agree that the sky is blue. No matter what color shades we wear.
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited December 2014
    Arc only logs the time that is spent on the Arc Client. Somebody like Charononus likely has more time logged in the game than most people on the forums.

I have 40 days logged from before the Arc Client was ever released and probably another 40 at least from all the times I have not launched the Arc Client.
  • Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Arc only logs the time that is spent on the Arc Client. Somebody like Charononus likely has more time logged in the game than most people on the forums.

I have 40 days logged from before the Arc Client was ever released and probably another 40 at least from all the times I have not launched the Arc Client.
    Ah that makes sense, I only log into the arc client to put in codes and when I downloaded neverwinter, sto, and swordsman.
  • Options
    inthefade462inthefade462 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    oh noes i've never even downloaded the arc client.

but the sky is blue. 10k GS means you haven't even played the game yet. You hit level 60, walked up to the door to tiamat and hit F.

This was such a strange Mod. Tiamat obsoletes all previous content. No one is running T2s any more, just like everyone quit running T1s after the heralds flooded that market. people still run elol for the boon book, but that's very rarely. Getting people together to run say MC or VT for specific set items is like pulling teeth.

Perhaps Cryptic thought that the 10ks couldn't run the T1s and T2s on their own, with everyone else running tiamat? So didn't want to exclude them?

Instead of Tiering the games content and forcing new players to learn how to play the game, Cryptic just wants experienced players to keep carrying them like we've always done.
  • Options
    pmabrahampmabraham Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Let the 10K GS person in T1 armor or less try VT, MC, or CN... prior to mod 5, as shared, one worked their way up in GS as well as learning strategy, tactics, and working together. The very last run (6:00 PM) was close due to so many under 13K GS who were instant one shotted often at various places, then yelling how rude people were for not rezzing them. Hopefully Cryptic/PWE will institute a 13K GS floor to get into Tia very soon.
  • Options
    jerculeesjerculees Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I am a new level 60 (7 days), and have roughly 11.5k gear score. What I would like to know is, how I am supposed to learn the game when I cannot find any groups to join? Leveling went very quick, but in the last week at max level I have not been able to join a single group for an end game dungeon. I don't know if I am joining the wrong ques, but certainly no one in chat ever wants anyone below 14k gs.

I have heard all the ranting in zone chat about low GS in the Tiamat encounter, but I want to see the content, so I zoned in. The raid was a failure, but not once did anyone take the time to actually explain the encounter. I will read about it myself before I zone in again, but it really wouldn't be hard for one of you "elite" people to explain it in zone chat. Clearly the game makers think it can be accomplished with a mix of all players, it just seems people are too lazy to try and work together, or help new players.

I log in every day to do my daily quests for boons, and astral diamonds, but feel like I have no way to further progress my character. Both of the friends I started with quit before 60 because there seemed to be nothing to do at max level for new players.
  • Options
    inthefade462inthefade462 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    jerculees wrote: »
    I am a new level 60 (7 days), and have roughly 11.5k gear score. What I would like to know is, how I am supposed to learn the game when I cannot find any groups to join? Leveling went very quick, but in the last week at max level I have not been able to join a single group for an end game dungeon. I don't know if I am joining the wrong ques, but certainly no one in chat ever wants anyone below 14k gs.

I have heard all the ranting in zone chat about low GS in the Tiamat encounter, but I want to see the content, so I zoned in. The raid was a failure, but not once did anyone take the time to actually explain the encounter. I will read about it myself before I zone in again, but it really wouldn't be hard for one of you "elite" people to explain it in zone chat. Clearly the game makers think it can be accomplished with a mix of all players, it just seems people are too lazy to try and work together, or help new players.

I log in every day to do my daily quests for boons, and astral diamonds, but feel like I have no way to further progress my character. Both of the friends I started with quit before 60 because there seemed to be nothing to do at max level for new players.

pro tip: elite people aren't the ones talking in zone chat.

btw, logging in every day to do dailies for boons and astral diamonds is the ONLY way to progress your character. Boons and AD are it. You have so much more things to do as a fresh 60 now than ever before in this game. The only thing you lack is dungeons which as I pointed out earlier is a massive flaw with Mod 5.

Now if the Tiamat had been set up correctly, nobody under 15k would be able to do it. All of those people would be still running dungeons, and you would have an easier time finding a group to do the games group content. The GS elitism of lfg would disappear because the only people doing Dungeons would be <15k.
  • Options
    archsinner81archsinner81 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 44
    edited December 2014
    jerculees wrote: »

1) Join a Guild
    2) Join the legit channel
    3) DR/SHAR/TOD/IWD 1st 3 boons can easily increase your GS
    4) R5 enchants are cheap, and help you increase your GS
    5) T1 gear are dirt cheap, if you do your dailies for RAD you can easily afford them
    6) Lesser weapon/armor enchant are cheaper in AH then making them yourself

End -game is pretty much fine-tuning your char and optimizing your game play
  • Options
    rollingonitrollingonit Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    darkballad wrote: »
    3 hours 34 minutes is reflected on your profile. Yeah, 3 hours doesn't seems like enough time to develop any kind of opinion on this, other than maybe that this whole Tiamat mess isn't worth the time.

"You seem to think that only someone that is a horrible player lags though." No, you misunderstand. I was using a sweeping broad spectrum that encompasses a lot more types of players than the two types I had mentioned. There was no only. I'll do another one: Take lesser geared, laggy, inexperienced, stubborn players (or bots) if you want a challenge. Take well geared players like myself if you want to win.

How does one reach Tiamat raid in 3 hrs of gameplay...... Facepalm
    We can pretend.
    Fox Stevenson - Sandblast
    Oh Wonder - Without You

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    - Dylan Thomas
  • Options
    rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    1) Join a Guild
    2) Join the legit channel
    3) DR/SHAR/TOD/IWD 1st 3 boons can easily increase your GS
    4) R5 enchants are cheap, and help you increase your GS
    5) T1 gear are dirt cheap, if you do your dailies for RAD you can easily afford them
    6) Lesser weapon/armor enchant are cheaper in AH then making them yourself

End -game is pretty much fine-tuning your char and optimizing your game play

Get it now jerculees?