test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

what is the best class in your opinion.

blackxxwolf3blackxxwolf3 Member Posts: 1,539 Arc User
edited December 2014 in PvE Discussion
i was thinking of leveling a new character and its not gonna be the rogue cause i dont wanna be op. so which od you think is the best in your opinion please be kind and respectful of others opinions thanks.
Post edited by blackxxwolf3 on

Comments

• angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I have one or two of every class. Right now the most fun for me to play is my new leveling DC - it's the most fun because of the new feats and play style mechanics. It finally can actually do a little burning-down of mobs (fights don;t take forever) in the second and third Paragon trees and so on.

But more importantly, though I was confused, then frustrated at first - the new "normal-then divine - then empowered" encounter mechanics are awesome.

I'm just saying it's something FRESH.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Best class is the one you love playing.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited December 2014
    PvE Feedback:

I agree with angrysprite. I have two to three (some even four) of every class so I can have multiple builds of each paragon. The character I am having the most fun on right now is once again the character I used to have the most fun on back in Alpha: My main cleric. She's a fully virtuous divine oracle now, specced to be a minimally damaging tank that cannot be broken. She can handle any non-dragon encounters solo and has no issues with any lairs. Sure fights take a while but I'm always doing something with her and it keeps me feeling like I am actually playing a cleric in D&D and not just some divine mage. Best of all, I do not need to change any powers around for her to be a supreme group healer either.

I'd link my build but by doing so, I'd fear players who cannot handle my playstyle with her would be frustrated by just blindly trying it out. I did post her in The Temple though. If one really wants to see her, just look at my latest created threads and scroll down to my latest post there-in with pics of her current build. She's gotten a few more boons since I posted it though, but nothing major.
  • nyetdiemnyetdiem Member Posts: 32
    edited December 2014
    What class(es) are you currently running?

I do enjoy running a GF (have been running since mod2), but my GWF/HR/SW/TR are a lot of fun. Diversify, maybe play through the intro on each & then decide. It really comes down to which class you enjoy. I'd play one of each if I could get the char slots to do it (I'm kinda cheap that way). But CW's are easy to find, & I personally don't like the DC's "slide" style dodge.

In the end, GF & DC has the most potential for high end survivability with some dps.

Look through the forums for some of the older discussions on this topic. Might find the vindication of a certain class that really speaks to you.
  • blackxxwolf3blackxxwolf3 Member Posts: 1,539 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    thanks and i have one of each i leveled a hr to the top felt like i was doing it wrong so deleted it then my tr i deleted later o make room for others then bought slots. so i have one of each. i just have trouble picking one because at the early stages they are different than later on. my cw just reached 60 and hes a beast. nonetheless i love your opinions. i have a dc thats level 32 i wanted to see the paragon paths for it. and it just seems like i cant die with it. healing is so powerful and im sure others enjoy it too. thanks everyone i think ima try them all out haha well exept or gf no offense. but when i tried that lass every now and again i would have the shield up with juice left and it wouldnt block and it kinda ruined it for me
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I kind of teeter between 2 playstyles that I find enjoyable, depending upon what mood I'm in.

If I'm in a "hulk smash" kind of mood, then I'll go for one of my GWFs or my offensively-specced GF.

If I'm more in the mood for strategic play, then I'll go for my SW or HR.

I have at least one of every class at 60, and they all have their strong points - I dislike soloing on my DC, but love teaming.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • icyphishicyphish Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,255 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    best class GWF cus thats what I love.
    Strongest class would be TR and DC :)
    icydrake%20avatar2_zpsg7rp0xti.jpg

Author of GWF Speed Demon PvP Build (Mod 11) <- Click to reveal the Speedy Beast! >:)
  • khimera906khimera906 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 898 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I played a TR since open beta. I've always found the TR fun, even if they were the worse class in game. Now he's a beast in pve (PvP is not my thing). That's just me though.
    I've played each class, and I can tell you that all classes are fun. I've found every class enjoyable in their own way. All you can get out of a thread like this is personal opinions.
    I hate dancing with Lady Luck. She always steps on my toes.
  • query523query523 Member Posts: 1,515 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I love my HR but my GF is a close second. Mod5 pathfinder made HR fun to play again. A skippy-jumpy versatile mover. And my Gf because... HULK. SMASH.
  • wisam187wisam187 Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    All classes are fun. Can't believe barely anyone mentioned the CW.

CW can be shaped to your liking, to either be offensive, defensive, a bit of both, or even support. You can spec your CW to be anything, you like to keep mobs stunned and control the battlefield? Follow the oppressor tree, and use [orb of imposition] class feat. You like to burn crowds or deal heavy damage? Thaumaturge tree offers that. You like to play support and buff your party? Follow the Renegade Tree for heavy buffing and even healing effects, that should not be taken lightly (The heal effect is awesome, I suggest using High Vizier set for even more team benefits).
    There are defensive sets available for the CWs if you like tanking AND burning / controlling, such as the Purified black ice set.

My vote? Go CW (Control Wizard), it's my personal favorite, as it has a lot of flexibility to suit your play style.
    My 2nd favorite is GWF, I simply like brute force.
    laodpu3d124.png
  • justiful98justiful98 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    zebular wrote: »
    PvE Feedback:

I agree with angrysprite. I have two to three (some even four) of every class so I can have multiple builds of each paragon. The character I am having the most fun on right now is once again the character I used to have the most fun on back in Alpha: My main cleric. She's a fully virtuous divine oracle now, specced to be a minimally damaging tank that cannot be broken. She can handle any non-dragon encounters solo and has no issues with any lairs. Sure fights take a while but I'm always doing something with her and it keeps me feeling like I am actually playing a cleric in D&D and not just some divine mage. Best of all, I do not need to change any powers around for her to be a supreme group healer either.

I'd link my build but by doing so, I'd fear players who cannot handle my playstyle with her would be frustrated by just blindly trying it out. I did post her in The Temple though. If one really wants to see her, just look at my latest created threads and scroll down to my latest post there-in with pics of her current build. She's gotten a few more boons since I posted it though, but nothing major.
    i will like to have your build/feat.just making a dc now so i can try it out
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    CW for PVE

TR for PVP
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited December 2014
    justiful98 wrote: »
    i will like to have your build/feat.just making a dc now so i can try it out
    Very well, here you go. Just please heed my warnings there-in on how I don't feel this build will be suitable for the majority of players. I strongly suggest to test out any builds first on the Preview Server! Especially this one!

An update to that build, I chose the first top boon in the IWD campaign, Weathering the Storm, just the other day to give her even more survivability when she's not able to get out of AOEs (which is rare). That's the only difference to how she is now and that posted build, that I can recall off hand. I'm still working on getting her ToD and IWD missing boons and not sure what I will take at this time, as I had always made decisions on her boons based on what she needed to improve upon on the time of it unlocking and to decide then if that choice fit her background history/lore.
  • emilemoemilemo Member Posts: 1,718 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Normal reply - the class you have the most fun with

Frustration, imbalance, long standing bugs and elitism induced reply - the class which is the most broken OP at the moment
    Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    the best overall class is probably CW, the funnier is HR, the most complained ( and ofc nerfed ) will always be TR. not talking about these two weeks of glory.

GWF is just brainless smashing and GF bores me to death.
    my 2cent
  • lewel555lewel555 Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    i was thinking of leveling a new character and its not gonna be the rogue cause i dont wanna be op.

If you're here for a challenge, gwf is a guaranteed not-OP-at-all class. But on the other hand it's not fun to play because the class has no mechanisms. DC on the other hand will be tanky and will deliver damage, problem is it's hard to have the right power at the right status at the right moment of a fight.
  • jorifice1jorifice1 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I've played everything at least once, and my personal fav. is my shiny new Dragonborn Scourge Warlock. A nice mix of offence and defence, with Lifesteal and DoT's.

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • laughingbirddddlaughingbirdddd Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I love CW but I think DC is the best class as it is a top class in pve and pvp
  • urlord283urlord283 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    clearly a GF... as that is what I am