test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Respen's game.

leandreav1leandreav1 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
edited November 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
I was curious about all the noise regarding this.

I have to applaud the idea. It looks very cute and original. I liked it.

Am I going to grind it? Nah. Played it once, saw what it was about. Outside the background scenario and the figurine theme it's a skirmish with weak mobs and no loot. What's the point in doing it more than once if there are no worthwhile rewards? A slime we can purchase off the AH? Buff food? A thing with random stats?

This must be my fourth event in NW since I joined and in each I take a gander at the rewards, yawn, and then go do something else.

This... is... so unlike any other game I've played where there were fun things to achieve, cosmetics to chase after, titles or achievement points.
Post edited by leandreav1 on

Comments

• Options
    frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    The adorable pet is a good reusable item. The slimes I bought a few of hoping to make a profit, I thought it'd be nice in open pvp when it came out. Apparently others didn't think the same since it didn't go up in price. Personally I'm not bothered, I played it in April farmed it and have no interest in the repeat. For those that did want the repeat for whatever reason, it's good for them though. I'm not the centre of the games universe unfortunately ):
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    It is cute and original and slightly randomized so you do need to play through it more than once to see all the jokes.

I think the idea though is *not* to grind it, because you can get enough dice in what I felt was a very reasonable amount of runs to get both rewards if you want, and much fewer if you only want the pocket pet.

Reusable buff items are extremely popular, though the pocket pet isn't perfect for anyone who never wants threat reduction.

The food is also cute and jokey.

They hit the right note with this event precisely because it is both casual-friendly and entirely optional.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    frishter wrote: »
    The slimes I bought a few of hoping to make a profit, I thought it'd be nice in open pvp when it came out. Apparently others didn't think the same since it didn't go up in price.

Checked the bonus and while it initially looks promising, the most dangerous control effects are prones, where I believe the defense, it does nothing. Certainly not worth using when you could have a blacksmith and a cockatrice, and pets with actual control resist. :/
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Checked the bonus and while it initially looks promising, the most dangerous control effects are prones, where I believe the defense, it does nothing. Certainly not worth using when you could have a blacksmith and a cockatrice, and pets with actual control resist. :/

Wasn't that just deflect (at the time I didn't know that either)
  • Options
    notsheriffsrsnotsheriffsrs Banned Users Posts: 396 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    No thanks Jeff.

If they come up with new jokes then okay.

but I'll pass this recycled event.

ty
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    No thanks Jeff.

If they come up with new jokes then okay.

but I'll pass this recycled event.

ty

Yeah , great fun for people who missed it the first time and it's really good for people with alts they want to get stuff for but it is a shame they didn't add a couple of new scenarios and rewards for people who already farmed it last time and who don't run alts but whatever lol , seems that the next CTA is Storming the keep , also another recycled one..... lol
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    notsheriffsrsnotsheriffsrs Banned Users Posts: 396 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    Yeah , great fun for people who missed it the first time and it's really good for people with alts they want to get stuff for but it is a shame they didn't add a couple of new scenarios and rewards for people who already farmed it last time and who don't run alts but whatever lol , seems that the next CTA is Storming the keep , also another recycled one..... lol

lol don't forget all the module 5 content is literally Dread Ring recycled.

Haha :)
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited November 2014

If the bonus was 10% DR while controlled it might have some warrant. But 500 defense gives nothing almost. If a beefy GF, it'd will be better with a pig anyway.
  • Options
    mutantdemocracymutantdemocracy Member Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I like it, mostly for what it stands for. The fact that it's also randomized is a neat bonus.

Could it have used a few more items to work for? Of course. Is it good for people who missed it the first time? Of course.
  • Options
    discoricediscorice Member Posts: 371 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Game is currently bugged. Could we fix that please?
    Fear Of A Disco Planet
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    discorice wrote: »
    Game is currently bugged. Could we fix that please?

Since it happened in April. Probably not. Just got to requeue.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited November 2014
    Respen's has been and still is my favorite event in Neverwinter. I'd like to see more Respens events with varying themes and rewards.