test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Dear Cryptic, from a serious player - please read

Comments

• ysil6969ysil6969 Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    nurmood wrote: »
    That comed to mind indeed. BUT you have to take into account that "hoarding" those stacks can be extremely dangerous - as botters ARE getting banned from time to time. That is one of the reasons stacks are still dirt cheap...

Regardless though they're also sitting on all the AD now. So by skewing the demand and supply of these RP items, the botters that farm the drops WITHOUT these enchants, are going to be selling them for a lot more AD. People are eventually going to get tired of farming for refining stones themselves, or farming the AD for them. Farming longer doesn't bother a bot. And people are going to either get tired of it and quit, or turn to buying AD from third party sources.

They need to gives us an option that's viable. Put refining stones on the bazaar for a REASONABLE price. Right now they have sapphires for 30k ad. That's 5000 RP for 30k AD. Right now, Amethysts are on the AH for stacks of 99 at 64k. That's 148,500 for 64k RP. Basically they're pissed people are leveling their artifacts quicker then they'd like, and want to stop it. But just give us a comparable price in the Bazaar. Let us buy at least a 5 pack of sapphires for 30k. That's 50000 RP for 60k AD. A third of the AH value, and still 5 times the deal the bazaar is now. See how skewed it is?
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    There will be another one soon, some people said in the beginning of December and most players should have the artifact items by then.

the refinement event was only such a success because people could buy zen and then buy items from AH to upgrade their own items,
    remove that from the neverwinter ecosystem and it all falls apart.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    the refinement event was only such a success because people could buy zen and then buy items from AH to upgrade their own items,
    remove that from the neverwinter ecosystem and it all falls apart.

Glad someone has a brain
  • karakla1karakla1 Member Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    frishter wrote: »
    I can. Ideally I should say they're scum for profiteering from exploiting the game mechanics. Unfortunately I have more faith in them providing what we need than cryptic. What part of $550 per artifact on official prices made sense to them?

The fact that they even thought an AD cost for enchantment refining was a good idea which would have made it more costly just shows they have no clue and they continually make bad design decisions. Ie bound coal wards, blood rubies in a discount pack costing more than the bazaar price, the clunky refine interface etc etc. If they knew what they were doing we wouldn't have gone from challenging content when we had low gs, to trivial content.

If Cryptic wanna cut off our cheap RP, they had done that after 1 or 2 Weeks and not after one whole Modul. This is only some kind of small hotfix, not a big issue to "fix" that.
    plat.png
    Platypus wielding a giant hammer, your argument is invalild!
  • mh0rammh0ram Member Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Wow, just...wow. Respect is a requirement on the forum? I don't think so.

You're aiming this post at the devs. Managers don't like it when people come to them with problems, they want folks to come to them with solutions.

I think if folks seriously want to be rewarded for their time, it's best to put that effort into work. The target demo for Cryptic isn't FtP players, obviously. It's middle aged folks with large amounts of disposable income. Wow man, I just can't say what I want. I feel sorry for the OP.

The entire tone of the OP is just...off. I'd say more but probably shouldn't.
  • burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    maxiumdan wrote: »
    Refund all zen purchased with real money or refund all packs/etc. (obvious)
    Give credit to hours played (somehow) in terms of AD or wealth - example : for every 1 day of game time recorded give 1 million RAD. (only seems fair)
    it would just take me 2600 days to refine all that rAD lol (1500+hours) :D
    Paladin Master Race
  • darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I voted for the first choice, because bots are a cancer on the game and Cryptic needs to do whatever it takes to minimize their presence.

However, we need to be able to level our artifact gear in a reasonable time frame. I don't mean Legendary on day 1 - unless you choose to spend cash on zen refinement stones, which is your choice so don't whine about it. But we need to see progression on a daily basis.

Look back to Mod 2 for reference. Artifacts were introduced, with RP cost of 300k at epic, 3M at legendary. Simultaneously, Dread Ring lairs dropped greater refining marks, equal to ~3700 RP in matching artifacts, and peridots or aquamarines from the arcane coffers. Dungeon bosses have a chance to drop epic Marks of Potency as well. All enchantments were worth double RPs in artifacts. A player could see regular progress on upgrading their artifacts.

With Mod 4, artifact weapons and belts were introduced, with RP cost of 520k RP at epic, 4.6M RP at legendary. However, none of the new daily lairs (from the Common Cause quest), new skirmish, new dungeon nor old dungeons have refining stones added to the loot table. Only matching gear has double RP.

At the least, the daily ToD lair chest needs to reward 5000 RPs (Flawless Sapphires), and dungeon chests should reward 10,000 RPs (Black Opal). This would be roughly equivalent to Mod 2 - and the extra drops from dungeons are needed, since one can be upgrading up to 4 artifact gears simultaneously in Mod 5. Increasing the drop rate from Dragon's Hoard enchantments - or skewing the median drop to be a lesser resonance stone - would also help players to see gear progression without needing to buy refinements off the AH.
  • maxiumdanmaxiumdan Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    burkaanc wrote: »
    it would just take me 2600 days to refine all that rAD lol (1500+hours) :D

:D or maybe just AD
  • chemboy613chemboy613 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Trust me, no one like bots. That much is obvious. The fundamental point is the ridiculous amount of time required to get enough RP if the proposed change goes through. That is unpalatable for F2P players.

Secondly, if we can't farm freely, the other option is paying. That's fine, if you want something you have to pay with effort or money. I don't have a problem with that at all.

But if we are talking hundreds of hours of gameplay OR hundreds of dollars - that's not reasonable.

Sure F2P is not their target. They want older players with large amounts of disposable income. I think we get this. But at some point the price tag is unreasonable, even for those people. I think this change will break it for them as well.
  • thedemienthedemien Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    There are good ideas here
    1. Make RP as reward. In Dungeon Runs, Foundry, PVP, Skirmishes or XP gained. all of this
    2. Increase RP value of item. So that you could basically afford to spend 2-5m of AD value on items and get item to legendary. Was proposed and ignored long time ago.
    3. Make RP boosters in ZEN for RP grinders.
    4. Make Zen market Items ~ at 2-5m AD =50- 100 $ for thoose who want to buy stuff to speed up RP grind.
    There is a sweet spot of what people are still willing to afford to spent on legendary artifact ~ 2m-5m. This is what you need to balance economy. You can not do this with current zen market or AD daily grind for people.

Also we need to adress here another aspect of problem. You made new betls, offhand, sets and so on. If no changes will be made nobody except 1% of whales will destroy current legendary belt to get new one or to refine new set. All new artifact sets are now dead born. There was litle desire to get them before since of their poor in game value and poor convertion ration - current legendary belt gives only 1.5m RP out of 4.5 required.

Also new sets are RND again. This is a gate that started to ruin the game making lucky ones not skilled one win. belts now are 2m~5m AD on AH. You are required to spent ~ 2m on lowest prices this week to refine it. It was still reachable. Belts are RND. Dragonhoards drop is RND % with ICD. Too much RND and too much work(!) for any player for 0 good content - No pvp maps, No new Levels, No good content to look for - 10k 25 zergs run is all we have. Permanant unbalancing issues. Ask yourself - why to play?
  • gerbilhurdlergerbilhurdler Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 418 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    mh0ram wrote: »
    You're aiming this post at the devs. Managers don't like it when people come to them with problems, they want folks to come to them with solutions.

You are misunderstanding the customer/manager relationship.
    I am not employed by Cryptic/PWE/WotC so I have no obligation to provide a solution to the problems.

Do you complain to manager at a restaurant when they get your order wrong only if you have a detailed list of ways he can fix the problem?
    No.
    You complain, and they fix it or you go somewhere else.
    edited November 2014
    I am not employed by Cryptic/PWE/WotC so I have no obligation to provide a solution to the problems.

Do you complain to manager at a restaurant when they get your order wrong only if you have a detailed list of ways he can fix the problem?
    No.

lol..

but here they ask for feedback...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • blacksladdiblacksladdi Member Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I voted for the first choice, because bots are a cancer on the game and Cryptic needs to do whatever it takes to minimize their presence.

However, we need to be able to level our artifact gear in a reasonable time frame. I don't mean Legendary on day 1 - unless you choose to spend cash on zen refinement stones, which is your choice so don't whine about it. But we need to see progression on a daily basis.

Look back to Mod 2 for reference. Artifacts were introduced, with RP cost of 300k at epic, 3M at legendary. Simultaneously, Dread Ring lairs dropped greater refining marks, equal to ~3700 RP in matching artifacts, and peridots or aquamarines from the arcane coffers. Dungeon bosses have a chance to drop epic Marks of Potency as well. All enchantments were worth double RPs in artifacts. A player could see regular progress on upgrading their artifacts.

With Mod 4, artifact weapons and belts were introduced, with RP cost of 520k RP at epic, 4.6M RP at legendary. However, none of the new daily lairs (from the Common Cause quest), new skirmish, new dungeon nor old dungeons have refining stones added to the loot table. Only matching gear has double RP.

At the least, the daily ToD lair chest needs to reward 5000 RPs (Flawless Sapphires), and dungeon chests should reward 10,000 RPs (Black Opal). This would be roughly equivalent to Mod 2 - and the extra drops from dungeons are needed, since one can be upgrading up to 4 artifact gears simultaneously in Mod 5. Increasing the drop rate from Dragon's Hoard enchantments - or skewing the median drop to be a lesser resonance stone - would also help players to see gear progression without needing to buy refinements off the AH.

that is very well said and researched. I do DR daily because of the refinement, enchants go to artifacts peridots go to my artifact weapon. This would be GREAT I wonder if people like you should write a seperate post about this suggestion (in case any devs don't get wind of this).
  • jahbreeljahbreel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    ironzerg79 wrote: »
    So let me take this time to refresh an original idea I put out a month ago when I saw they were adding new Artifact Equipment.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?777511-Official-Feedback-Thread-Artifact-Equipment&p=9263741&viewfull=1#post9263741

How about ...

Make Artifact Equipment gain experience as you kill stuff with them. And make it take longer the more Artifact Equipment you're wearing. Say 50% of the experience you earn while wearing a piece of Artifact Equipment goes directly to that Artifact (in some ratio if you don't want it to be 1:1). For every other Artifact Equipment you're wearing, the experience gets split. If you have a weapon and belt, each get 25%. If you have a weapon, belt and neck, each get 33%, etc. Thus someone "lucky" enough to have multiple slots gains levels a bit slower, while someone who just has one gets to see it level a little faster.

That way people can "build affinity" with their Artifact Equipment by just playing the game...doing PvP, dungeons, open-world or whatever. Then at least it doesn't feel like such a grind.

Yes, Oh God Yes.

please Make the game more fun than grind!

a new PvP arena would be nice, too... a game other than the Control-the-points thing would be awesome! A capture the flag, or like SWToR's Huttball. ;)

-Beverly
    <Total Anarchy>
  • animalustanimalust Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 573 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    i agree of needing greater reward from Dungeon CHest, and especially harder dungeons.. Make the reward worth the effort, while allowing me to progress on my RP Gain without suddenly blowing $200 someday on pixels
  • gerbilhurdlergerbilhurdler Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 418 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    thedemien wrote: »
    There are good ideas here
    1. Make RP as reward. In Dungeon Runs, Foundry, PVP, Skirmishes or XP gained. all of this
    2. Increase RP value of item. So that you could basically afford to spend 2-5m of AD value on items and get item to legendary. Was proposed and ignored long time ago.
    3. Make RP boosters in ZEN for RP grinders.
    4. Make Zen market Items ~ at 2-5m AD =50- 100 $ for thoose who want to buy stuff to speed up RP grind.
    There is a sweet spot of what people are still willing to afford to spent on legendary artifact ~ 2m-5m. This is what you need to balance economy. You can not do this with current zen market or AD daily grind for people.

Even easier would be to make the Arti weapons and belts give x5 RP like they do when you eat an arti of the same class and lower the RP needed to the same levels as regular arti.
    It would still take a long time to get all 5 to orange for normal players, while whales will always have the top gear anyways.
    edited November 2014

No.

this is absolutely right, problem is pwe has that amazing IP....DnD
    edited November 2014
    lol..

but here they ask for feedback...

Feedback doesn't mean do the devs jobs though, it means tell them when somethings broke.
    And besides that, this post has been full of suggested courses of action by many players including the same OP that guy was telling "managers want solutions"...
  • grindtoofgrindtoof Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I really like OPs message and share his sentiment. The post 60 game is a lot of grinding, and little skill. Being a relatively new player, it is hard to compete against established players with higher GS in PVP. Its hard to get need runs for gear improvement and there really isn't a way to make enough AD to purchase gear upgrades without resorting to sources that break the TOS, or, buying Zen. Maybe this game just isn't for me...
  • str8slayerstr8slayer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 715 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    I agree, without skill required, games like this have no choice but to gate gear behind RNG... I know Cryptic isn't gonna change overnight and start churning out hard PVE content so I have trouble seeing what other options there are here?

It's pretty obvious that essentially EVERYBODY is sick to death of rolling d100's and coming up short every time. Adding a system that gives coins or tokens for each chest opened and allowing people who've opened hundreds already to get a choice of the item they need (BOP, of course), seems to be the only good remaining option. They're doing it with artifact weapons in mod 5, let's hope they follow suit for other things.

However, with RP being bound to account now, actually GETTING legendary items will be nearly impossible unless you spend 500$ on the zen store on blood rubies (obviously the intent but I doubt they'll be many takers, still).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2014
    str8slayer wrote: »
    I agree, without skill required, games like this have no choice but to gate gear behind RNG... I know Cryptic isn't gonna change overnight and start churning out hard PVE content so I have trouble seeing what other options there are here?

It's pretty obvious that essentially EVERYBODY is sick to death of rolling d100's and coming up short every time. Adding a system that gives coins or tokens for each chest opened and allowing people who've opened hundreds already to get a choice of the item they need (BOP, of course), seems to be the only good remaining option. They're doing it with artifact weapons in mod 5, let's hope they follow suit for other things.

i think the token option is viable
    edited November 2014
    i think the token option is viable

It is viable, but with artifact gear being the new BIS slots, RP is the only thing NEEDED to progress and those gears will be obsolete. Now that it'll bind to each account, I can't think of ANY way to quickly refine your stuff unless you count charging 50k zen to your credit card and buying blood rubies (which nobody in their right mind would do).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2014
    It is viable, but with artifact gear being the new BIS slots, RP is the only thing NEEDED to progress and those gears will be obsolete. Now that it'll bind to each account, I can't think of ANY way to quickly refine your stuff unless you count charging 50k zen to your credit card and buying blood rubies (which nobody in their right mind would do).

how about tokens for blood ruby
    edited November 2014
    how about tokens for blood ruby

It would be a start, but I think they're going to have to do something even more drastic if they want people to still even care anymore. When people are faced with a daunting enough task, most will move on and give up before expending all that effort (and for good reason). That is what I'm afraid will happen here before they have a chance to realize how impossible it will be to get large amounts of RP (the only amount needed...).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • nytespawnnytespawn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I totally agree. It's also hard to make money on pickup dungeons when YOU ARE BOOTED at the end before Boss drop pickups. So for me, that means no more pickup dungeons.
    edited November 2014

(claps)

http://youtu.be/dm7uqlzRi7Y

I will find a way...

I really hope that they change their minds about this BOA stuff and RP items
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2014
    nytespawn wrote: »
    I totally agree. It's also hard to make money on pickup dungeons when YOU ARE BOOTED at the end before Boss drop pickups. So for me, that means no more pickup dungeons.

feel free to try the legit channel. Sorry this happened to you.
    edited November 2014
    Lots of good ideas coming out here. Appreciate the posts.

Zerg's idea is my favorite - use exp to refine. That's awesome.

Slayer is on track here. When the effort/cost is too high and the reward is too low, it makes no sense to continue. That is my fundamental concern.
  • stevebobbstevebobb Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 47
    edited November 2014
    In general, to everyone outraged I'd like to say this:

Really? you didn't see this coming? It's "free-to-play", this is how it works, with no monthly fee to help pay for development costs and profits, they have to continually incentivize you to spend money, the game is designed like this, you are surprised when they change the rules to get you to spend more money?

This is why I generally abhor the free-to-play model. I'd rather pay a monthly subscription fee and actually get what I pay for, rather than being strung along with that carrot dangling for ever out of my reach.

I do want to say that, for me, Neverwinter did the free-to-play model well when it originally came out. As a free-to-pay player, you could achieve everything in game as long as you had patience and a reasonable amount of time. I had hope. But, as time marched on they needed to continually fuel that development cost and profit margin, thus that carrot has gotten further and further from my reach.

That's what I loved about the initial f2p model, it let me try out a game before I decide to spend my hard earned cash. The problem is I haven't seen anything in this game that I would pay for. The content is, for lack of a better word, shallow. I love Respen's Game, great idea, but aside from that it's been rehashed/reused, small instanced content, time, after time, after time. So I have not problems being just f2p.

And I will leave you with the following, it was posted on the Neverwinter reddit and I think it sums the f2p model up perfectly:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MS4VRbsjZrQ

TLDR: never spend a dime on a F2P game because what's happening in Neverwinter now, happens, eventually, with all f2p games, profit > all else
  • tigillotigillo Member Posts: 44
    edited November 2014
    chemboy613 wrote: »
    I have run ELOL 15 times a day, every day, for almost a month now. I have gotten four belts, not the ones i wanted name you. That means i have looked at 700 chests. Hence the drop rate for a desired artifact belt is terrible. Farming it becomes impractical, unless you have tons of time.

You are very lucky guy :D I made dungon neer 900times. Now i got: 0 belts, 0 books, few dragons gem - 7 if i good remmember.

This is 1800 chest. And efect is nothink.

Reward for me is arti from finalboss - yes i was lucky guy and win a roll.

This system and this dungon is insane.

I like him a lot, not long, not quick. One word - perfect to me player who dont have a lot time to play. Yes this 900dungons spent me a lot of time, but i dont make nothink more only this dungon all time. Still dont have boons from tyrany - sry i odnt have time to make 400quest to this.

This game goind in bad direction, very bad.

I made arti weapon - 7 try to get this one i want. I made a legendary - very hard to me. I sold my enchant weapon to have ad for some peridots, ressonance ... and for what? For few more point in stats better than old weapon. This is insane one again.

Next legendary gear/weapon/arti is not posible to me.

I have belt arti too - i bought him for ad omg. And dont even try upgrade him to legendary, stop at purple level :/

One ore time: this game not going in good direction.

@Chem: all You said and write here is total tru. Big grats for this.

Tigilo
This discussion has been closed.