What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Best First Artifact?

2»

Comments

• jerrockojerrocko Member Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    runebane wrote: »
    That's the way itemization works here. There are a few stat layout templates (for lack of a better word) for each level. The stat-slots on each template can be filled with one of several different stats. Level 60 blue/green gear works the same way. From time to time you find a piece of gear that doesn't fit one of those templates. Its usually a drop off a specific quest enemy or something.

To each their own as they say. Never needed a store on the go. But its neat I'm sure.

For me, using it on the way to 60 just isn't a thing. It only takes me a couple days to get to 60 with characters I actually play. And since I bought the dragonborn pack a while ago, all of my leveling characters have the purple Heart of the Red Dragon artifact in their slot.

Even if that wasn't the case, I still wouldn't get it for myself. I'd grab either the lantern for the CA bonus at orange. Or the waters if my character needed the defensive stats. If I do decide I need the catalogue, I can pick it up from the AH for about half what the other two cost. Everybody's wants/needs are different though. That's why they give us a choice in the first place.

A couple of days to get to lvl 60? Dang, you good!!

Now that I'm in the 50s levels and have plenty of money, the store isn't as great, but I don't buy anything with real money mostly. I did put in $10 to respect twice and get a 1st-time buyer's pack, but that'll be it. Would like a faster mount, but spending $25 or so on JUST a mount for a f2p game is crazy, which is how they get ya. $5 for a faster one...maybe, but not $25 or even $15. DA Inquisition comes out in a few weeks and the WHOLE game is only $50-$60.
    Jerrocko,
    Leader of the Packs
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    The more characters you have, the better value that mount is, since it's an account unlock. If it weren't, then the price would indeed be very hard to justify.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • jorifice1jorifice1 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    There are "Packs" that include Account Wide Purple Mounts and Pets. One or two of those are actually decent bargains for what you get.

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • jerrockojerrocko Member Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    The more characters you have, the better value that mount is, since it's an account unlock. If it weren't, then the price would indeed be very hard to justify.

I only have one, and it is very hard to justify.
    Jerrocko,
    Leader of the Packs
  • runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    jerrocko wrote: »
    I only have one, and it is very hard to justify.

The mounts in the store are one of the better deals in my opinion. It really depends on how determined you are to get rank 3 mount though. I find it a must. A lot of people say the fastest mount isn't really needed. But I disagree. It saves me a lot of time. Not just from the speed, but you can take more hits without getting knocked off. This lets you avoid a lot of fights that you can't on lower ranked mounts.

I haven't checked the prices, but last time I did... It was about the same cost (thanks to the exchange) to buy a cheaper rank 3 Zen store mount for all your characters than it was to buy one of those available in the AH. And just about every option is cheaper than upgrading a slower mount. If you don't care about having the best mount though, then it doesn't matter.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • nezraalnezraal Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Depends on your class. For GWF,

Sigil of Devoted > Vanguard Banner > Water of E.