test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Suggestion: Quality of Life Issues

refracted0dawnrefracted0dawn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 894 Arc User
edited October 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
:D

All those little things which are not bugged or game-breaking, but are a real PITA.

1. No SUGGESTIONS sub-forum for this Forum?
I have been on-line since 1998 and this is the only game I recall that did not have a SUGGESTIONS or REQUESTS sub-forum. I just don't understand why some people seem to think the developers do not listen and do not give a toss... I mean, there is no evidence of that in this Forum's sub-structure... :rolleyes:

2. We are only allowed to buy an additional 40 Shared Bank Account Slots?
That's 5 lots 8 of slots for 700 Zen per set of 8. It is not enough, even when just trying to collect spare potions and kits together. Seriously, I would buy the 3500 Zen with Cash Money NOW and buy another 40 Shared slots TODAY if I could. In fact, I'd probably buy 7000 Zen and get another 80 Shared Slots. Seriously.

3. We cannot put Professions assets and resources into the Bank Vault or Guild Bank Vault?
It is SUCH a pain and SO time-consuming mailing things around to another character - place all Alchemy stuff in the mail, change character, withdraw, put all Alchemy stuff in the mail, change character, withdraw, place all Alchemy stuff in the mail... get to character 14 and all Alchemy reagents are now collected in my Grandmaster Alchemist's Inventory. Now, who is my Grandmaster Mailsmith?...

4. The e-mail can Glitch and let you Delete Mails that contain Items?
Why? How could that EVER be? Why not just make it impossible to delete e-mails that have any attachments in them?

5. You can actually DESTROY an Enchant when trying to Remove or Refine it?
I mean... what?
Ummm... WHAT!?!? :eek:
Why?
I mean, WHY?
WHY OH WHY OH WHY OH WHY would you EVER want to do that? :confused:
WHY!!!!????
WHO would EVER, EVER want to do that?
WHO!!!???

6. No Lobby system for PvP?
No ability to choose the team you fight against? No ability to team up and issue or accept challenges?

NW is my first MMO, but since 1998 I have played other games which were single-player, but you COULD go on-line to the Arena and fight other players. This was purely a test of Skill, though, because in the Lobby you were stripped of all your gear and had to go to the Arena Battle Master for your class and get your gear from his chest. In NW, this could be a choice of the various Profound PvP gear. You would still get Glory and Seals to buy gear you could keep for real. Then, the Leaderboard might mean something other than "Who Has The BISest Gear".

The effect this system would have on PvP Rage, abuse and irritation are incalculable. PvP would then be purely a test of Skill and, to a lesser extent, the efficiency and synergies of your build. Companions are already disabled, so removing all gear seems like a logical step. When you leave the Arena, your temporary gear is removed and you get your real gear back. No need for complicated Matchmaking that does not work, no more 15k DC with four 11 to 13k TRs against four 18 to 21k CWs, SWs and GWF with three to five Legendary items each and one 8k Bot. As if THAT is a balanced match! Actually, the current PvP system IS game-breaking...

Anyone got any other suggestions that would improve the Neverwinter Experience?

~
Post edited by refracted0dawn on

Comments

• trouble#8887 trouble Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Make chests of goods (from professions) account bounded.
    Add a "collect and redo" button to professions. Or at least let us add some professions to a "favorite list" witch will appear as a separate window, for example instead of searching the tasks in leadership and then in black ice shaping you could have the ones you use most in a separate list witch can appear as a new profession named "Favorites". (a redo button would be much easier to implement I guess).
  • rhoriangelusrhoriangelus Member Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    :D

5. You can actually DESTROY an Enchant when trying to Remove or Refine it?
    I mean... what?
    Ummm... WHAT!?!? :eek:
    Why?
    I mean, WHY?
    WHY OH WHY OH WHY OH WHY would you EVER want to do that? :confused:
    WHY!!!!????
    WHO would EVER, EVER want to do that?
    WHO!!!???

~

I can answer this one.

Some enchants are not worth paying to remove them (such as the Greycloak Insignia), HOWEVER. This was more relevant when it cost AD to unslot an enchant, instead of gold. It used to actually be cheaper to throw enchants away and buy new ones than it was to pay to remove it. And you couldn't refine slotted enchants before, so it was cheaper to just destroy your rank 7 when you were upgrading to a rank 8 rather than unslot it and refine it into an 8.

Those days are gone, however, and I wouldn't complain if the option to destroy enchants was removed. It's not necessary and I'm always worried I'll do it on accident (though I haven't yet).
  • thesensaithesensai Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    All awesome suggestions. Let me add:

Make collections Account wide. That way we don't have to fill our shared storage with <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> so new toons can add them to their collections, and we can actually use the items.

The collection is what the player has achieved. It is cosmetic and offers no in game bonus. Save our sanity and make it account wide please.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited October 2014
    thesensai wrote: »
    All awesome suggestions. Let me add:

Make collections Account wide. That way we don't have to fill our shared storage with <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> so new toons can add them to their collections, and we can actually use the items.

The collection is what the player has achieved. It is cosmetic and offers no in game bonus. Save our sanity and make it account wide please.
    I would love this, indeed.
  • refracted0dawnrefracted0dawn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 894 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I never understood what the collections thing was all about. When I collect dye packs together in the Bank or Guild Vault, I get a fanfare when I take them out, regardless of which character it is or how many times I have done it.

When you collect these collection points, do you get some sort of prize for getting a full set? Or is it just a cosmetic way to monitor what each character has done?

Have to agree about things being BtA, rather than BoP to Character. I should have put that in the list!

The Chests from Professions are Bound, as are things you get from Celestial Coins or on leveling up. But the contents are either not bound at all or are Bound to Account. So why are the containers BoP to Character? I can undertand them being BtA, so you cannot sell or trade them on the AH. But NOTHING really needs to be BoP when it could be BtA and still stop Bots farming them to trade. The number of times I get junk from skirmishes that my class cannot use, and I cannot even send them to a character that CAN use them...

And it used to be CHEAPER to destroy a Rank 7 Enchant rather than remove it to upgrade to Rank 8?

The mind BOGGLES! :eek:
  • runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    When you collect these collection points, do you get some sort of prize for getting a full set? Or is it just a cosmetic way to monitor what each character has done?

To the best of my knowledge there is no prize. Well you get points, but nothing to spend them on. But it seems like something they are likely to expand on in the distant future.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    One tiny QOL issue that has almost lead to disaster on one or two occasions , refine and discard next to each other xD -

iUz971M.jpg
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
    edited October 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    One tiny QOL issue that has almost lead to disaster on one or two occasions , refine and discard next to each other xD -

iUz971M.jpg

Heh, I've not done that yet. But I also noticed discard being next to refine and wondered why they put it there. Personally I think discard is one command that shouldn't even be on the list. I don't think I've ever intentionally used it. I mean the time I did delete some artifacts (the class ones that can't be fed to others), I just clicked and drug them out of my inventory.
  • sprawlfxsprawlfx Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Someone may have mentioned this. There was a QoL thread with a lot of this on it already. Threads are great. We need someone to sticky the important ones (Like a QoL suggestion thread.) And then someone to pay attention to them and occasionally chime in with 'we might be able to do something like that, we'll update you after our next meeting.'

Yeah... well, that is my QoL suggestion, anyway.

Edit- All of these 'Class Advocates'... How about a QoL advocate?
    Edit2- Oh and about Class Advocates.. they need to post reports about the results of what they submit. If they want to remain anonymous (WHY is this allowed?) then a Mod or CM should post a digest.
  • thesensaithesensai Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    runebane wrote: »
    To the best of my knowledge there is no prize. Well you get points, but nothing to spend them on. But it seems like something they are likely to expand on in the distant future.

Pretty unlikely. In fact I know of no other game which has done that. I think the total of points is just supposed to be some sort of gear score for how much you have collected. Wows the same way, their deed points add up to a whole lot of nothing.
  • captsplinkycaptsplinky Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    All good suggestions. I would add...Make Tradebars BtA. I have several stacks that if spent by weight, the dust would be worth more than the bars.
  • kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »

iUz971M.jpg

Yep. That's pretty laxative. I've noticed it too.
  • ryugasiriusryugasirius Member Posts: 996 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Heh, I've not done that yet. But I also noticed discard being next to refine and wondered why they put it there. Personally I think discard is one command that shouldn't even be on the list. I don't think I've ever intentionally used it. I mean the time I did delete some artifacts (the class ones that can't be fed to others), I just clicked and drug them out of my inventory.

Yep. That command should be definitely taken out of the context menu, or disabled unless you explicitly enable it somehow (by ctrl+click or something like that).
  • lucifron44lucifron44 Member Posts: 417 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    1. No SUGGESTIONS sub-forum for this Forum?

They're following DnD, everything is just already there.
    Russian leaderboard first page. The proof.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    The Chests from Professions are Bound, as are things you get from Celestial Coins or on leveling up. But the contents are either not bound at all or are Bound to Account. So why are the containers BoP to Character? I can undertand them being BtA, so you cannot sell or trade them on the AH. But NOTHING really needs to be BoP when it could be BtA and still stop Bots farming them to trade. The number of times I get junk from skirmishes that my class cannot use, and I cannot even send them to a character that CAN use them...

Coffers of Wondrous Augmentation are BtA, and the profession packs weren't bound at all last I checked. I assume the thing with the campaign coffers is specifically implemented to prevent advancement by consolidation of resources; I can understand the rationale there, much as it might displease people.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
    edited October 2014
    Coffers of Wondrous Augmentation are BtA, and the profession packs weren't bound at all last I checked. I assume the thing with the campaign coffers is specifically implemented to prevent advancement by consolidation of resources; I can understand the rationale there, much as it might displease people.

Kinda was thinking they meant the leadership boxes. And it is more than a little annoying that you can't send those all to one character to open.
    edited October 2014
    Yeah, it was too much trouble to completely isolate down what I was specifically replying to about the celestial coins, lost too much context.

I'd appreciate being able to consolidate my leadership boxes too. It would save me countless hours of mailing-that-is-not-playing.

Neverwinter Census 2017

edited October 2014
    thesensai wrote: »
    Pretty unlikely. In fact I know of no other game which has done that. I think the total of points is just supposed to be some sort of gear score for how much you have collected. Wows the same way, their deed points add up to a whole lot of nothing.

I didn't mean they'd give us prizes for the points. More like they might add in other rewards later. Other games have done this. WoW for example added their achievement system fairly early on, but they didn't add most of the rewards to it for years. They later expanded it even more as they changes a bunch of things to account-wide.
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Heh, I've not done that yet.

Ahaha lol , I very nearly discarded my belt after refining 15 stacks of Peridot into it , I think I was in some kind of hypnotic state at the time after all that dragging and dropping , basically on autopilot lmfao xD
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
    edited October 2014
    I've yet to get as far as almost discarding or destroying something instead of refining or removing it, but I wince every time I look at the menus.

Refine/discard aren't so close together on equipped gear as on gear in your bag. The flinch factor went way down once I got my DC's wisdom belt to the stage where I decided it was preferable equipped to her ancient one in spite of the big HP loss.

Neverwinter Census 2017