What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

More books in Mod 5

Comments

• Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    So you do agree that the direction they are going in module 5 is a disaster?

Anyways, point still stands that you misquoted "recent" feedback

No, I don't agree mod 5 will be a disaster. Its honestly too soon to make any kind of statement. I simply find the trends that we currently know about the campaign, show a positive course change.

As far as the rest, I have no idea where you are getting that from. That was your link not mine. I didn't represent any one quote, link, or topic. I simply stated that there have been, and most likely still are, many folks pounding away on the need for more AD sinks drum. The quotes arn't hard to find, the players supporting it arn't either, but i'm not going to single folks out and plaster them everywhere. It honestly wasn't my intention to do so.

I'm not trying to be as combative as you. And don't see the reason you continue to try to press the issue or paint me into a corner. I simply responded to an off hand comment, filled with sarcasm and amazement at a new AD sink. By simply reminding him that this was asked for, more or less, by segments of this very community. I don't happen to agree with it, but i'm also not silly enough to ignore it either.
  • Options
    pointsmanpointsman Member Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    Where does that say that is my stance? There is a huge difference between pointing out an issue and supporting it.

Just ignore rashylewiz. He has left the game as a disgruntled former customer and now persists on the forums just to badmouth it. Maybe he works for Blizzard or something, I don't know.

You are right, when the ZAX backlog was at 10 million or so, there was forum post after forum post demanding AD sinks to soak up all the extra AD that was otherwise being plowed into the ZAX.
  • Options
    loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    slintash wrote: »
    Or you know, the 2 massive class reworks and new paragon for SW.

Also, what you are saying is speculation and has nothing to do with the topic I posted about, the books and the ungodly grind they are introducing to this game.

That might sound harsh, but class reworks do not count for new content in my book. It's basically extended bugfixing that has to be done additionally.
  • Options
    izidiusizidius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 40
    edited October 2014
    loboguild wrote: »
    That might sound harsh, but class reworks do not count for new content in my book. It's basically extended bugfixing that has to be done additionally.

Exactly my thoughts.
  • Options
    slintashslintash Member Posts: 172 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014

What you consider content matters because?

It takes hours upon hours of work to do the class rebalances, it's part of Mod 5. it didn't just appear out of thin air. Whether you consider it "content" or not doesnt mean it magically needed less effort to make as part of Mod 5.

And again, has nothing to do with the topic. Many of you seem to be good at derailing and nothing else it seems.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    What you consider content matters because?

It takes hours upon hours of work to do the class rebalances, it's part of Mod 5. it didn't just appear out of thin air. Whether you consider it "content" or not doesnt mean it magically needed less effort to make as part of Mod 5.

And again, has nothing to do with the topic. Many of you seem to be good at derailing and nothing else it seems.

I think the point people are trying to make is. Perhaps one of the reasons mod 4 was so underwhelming is due to the fact that so much time was spent on class balances. So much in fact, that they couldn't do all of it at once. In addition to the hard unchangeable release date and the addition of a new class and race.

It clearly left little time for much of anything else. In fact, its pretty clear that mod 5 is really looking like it should be called "all the stuff we couldn't do in mod 4" So whats that mean for mod 5? Well, its less ambitious and less constrained by time. This could translate to a better module, or at the very least better dungeons. It could also mean they are more willing, and have the time and resources to make changes to player input. And if that's the case, screaming about the books is hardly the way to do it.

Its far more productive to tell the Dev's what we do like, rather then scream about the stuff we don't.
  • Options
    cynogeniccynogenic Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I've been trying to get the last two books for the boons via the skirmish and dungeon for a VERY LONG TIME. No luck...Ugh. I just... cant bring myself to do any more daily grind to buy it off the shop. Anyways I "was" exited about the TR/DC change, TR being my favorite class. But then I saw it...

Saturday. October 11th, 2014. 6:00pm.
    As I opened the campaigns menu, I groaned to find the ToD campagin expanded into more dailies. However that wasn't the cause of my mental demise. As I avert my eyes I saw an expansion to the boons. My heart jerked for a split second, my hands shaking as I moved the mouse to find out what the requirements were... then I saw it. Those books... Not just one book as a requirement but multiples. More books! I couldn't remember how many or what kind of book but my mind did not want to remember. My mind does not want to remember for the sake of my sanity. I (subconsciously) wanted to unplug my computer and back away quickly as possible before I got a heart attack. Now I feel that was just a bad dream. It could be, I have to re-check but I'm scared to go back.

Oh well, I guess. Maybe sometime after this they might release a zen shop item to instant complete your ToD campagin and the Tiamat one. Just like with Dread Ring and Sharandar. Yes... I see where this is going.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    I think the point people are trying to make is. Perhaps one of the reasons mod 4 was so underwhelming is due to the fact that so much time was spent on class balances. So much in fact, that they couldn't do all of it at once. In addition to the hard unchangeable release date and the addition of a new class and race.

It clearly left little time for much of anything else. In fact, its pretty clear that mod 5 is really looking like it should be called "all the stuff we couldn't do in mod 4" So whats that mean for mod 5? Well, its less ambitious and less constrained by time. This could translate to a better module, or at the very least better dungeons. It could also mean they are more willing, and have the time and resources to make changes to player input. And if that's the case, screaming about the books is hardly the way to do it.

Its far more productive to tell the Dev's what we do like, rather then scream about the stuff we don't.

You really don't understand nor listen do you? Listen to what player feedback? ALl over the fourms people have said time and time again that they hated Mod 4. They hated the grind, they hated the books, the hated how much RP you needed for the artifacts, etc etc.

What do we get?

Double the books for 2 boons that only increase the power of one boon, and not even by double.
    New artifact sets, artfiact offhands, that will all need alot of RP to finish on top of our belts and main weapon.
    More dailys, and a new currency to use to grind out the new buffers.

But you're right, we shouldn't tell them what we don't like, or tell them what they're doing wrong, why would that ever help anything /eyeroll

P.S
    Im not sure how that factors. Mod 4 had a hard release date, 4 massive class reworks, and a complete new class, not just a paragon.
    So? It is the most poorly recieved Mod to date, as has been shown on multiple threads. Not to mention it doesn't contain any new areas, and the 5 different dragons were all more or less the same. The campaign itself for Mod 4 has so many issues, not to mention all the issues with glyphs, the books, the dungeon key not working properly, and the multitude of other problems with this mod.

But hey, lets jsut ignore all those issues and instead of talking about what we see so far in Mod 5, like this thread is meant to be about FYI, lets just hope and prey that for some bizzare reason, 2 boons needing 4 books means we get tons of new content! Instead of actually criticizing what we already see, aka this thread about the new boons.

Talk about the actual topic or please stop replying on this thread. Derailing it is annoying.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    The ship has sailed. You need to spend ADs or accept a massive grind. It's the direction of the game.

I don't know. Anyone who hasn't realized that by now is a complete jerk. Accept and adjust accordingly. It will likely get worse.
  • Options
    demonkyuubidemonkyuubi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    The ship has sailed. You need to spend ADs or accept a massive grind. It's the direction of the game.

I don't know. Anyone who hasn't realized that by now is a complete jerk. Accept and adjust accordingly. It will likely get worse.

then for those of you who have the ad, you better hope there is enough of us willing to grind 20 days per book since the drop-rate is nonexistant.

else, enjoy doing 8 areas per day for the next 20-80 days for your books
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    You really don't understand nor listen do you? Listen to what player feedback? ALl over the fourms people have said time and time again that they hated Mod 4. They hated the grind, they hated the books, the hated how much RP you needed for the artifacts, etc etc.

What do we get?

Double the books for 2 boons that only increase the power of one boon, and not even by double.
    New artifact sets, artfiact offhands, that will all need alot of RP to finish on top of our belts and main weapon.
    More dailys, and a new currency to use to grind out the new buffers.

But you're right, we shouldn't tell them what we don't like, or tell them what they're doing wrong, why would that ever help anything /eyeroll

P.S

So basically what you are saying is all the screaming and yelling before AND after mod 4 resulted in no changes. So why do you think it will help now for this issue? I mean really, here we have a perfect case of doing the exact same thing over and over again, and expecting different results.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    then for those of you who have the ad, you better hope there is enough of us willing to grind 20 days per book since the drop-rate is nonexistant.

else, enjoy doing 8 areas per day for the next 20-80 days for your books

Absolutely.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    So basically what you are saying is all the screaming and yelling before AND after mod 4 resulted in no changes. So why do you think it will help now for this issue? I mean really, here we have a perfect case of doing the exact same thing over and over again, and expecting different results.

If they want to ignore player feedback that says "Dont do this" then that is their issue.

If you prefer we could go your route, never tell them anything is wrong, and only focus on the positives. That's called dellusional. It would also make them think everything is A-ok and then keep on going the way they are going. So yes, lets jsut tell them everything is amazing, can't wait for that full set of artifact armour.
  • Options
    rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    If you prefer we could go your route, never tell them anything is wrong, and only focus on the positives. That's called dellusional. It would also make them think everything is A-ok and then keep on going the way they are going. So yes, lets jsut tell them everything is amazing, can't wait for that full set of artifact armour.

I think white knighting is just as bad as mindlessly screaming and yelling complaints.

A lot of players are upset at the direction this game is heading. We can see that from the feedback. You cannot stop players from giving negative feedback.

I am looking forward to module 6 and really do hope Cryptic do implement some of the feedback in their work
  • Options
    cayappcayapp Member Posts: 826 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Not even sure how to respond...maybe I shouldn't.

They did respond to our feedback. They gave us a route to purchase the book for the boons, instead of solely relying on RNG to get it as a drop.

I for one bought one book from the AH and bought one book from the store. Yes it was well worth the AH price for 20 days less grinding. I ran the skirmish and dungeon a lot while I was saving up the sigils and secrets in hopes one of the books would drop for me. I sold/salvage pretty much every drop which allowed me to purchase the book.

No I am not a whale, nor have millions of AD, I just plan accordingly when new content is released.
  • Options
    burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    i guess ill just get the templar set and quit til mod6, 4, and 5 seems to be sh.t
    Paladin Master Race
  • Options
    carrytiexcarrytiex Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    cayapp wrote: »
    Not even sure how to respond...maybe I shouldn't.

They did respond to our feedback. They gave us a route to purchase the book for the boons, instead of solely relying on RNG to get it as a drop.

I for one bought one book from the AH and bought one book from the store. Yes it was well worth the AH price for 20 days less grinding. I ran the skirmish and dungeon a lot while I was saving up the sigils and secrets in hopes one of the books would drop for me. I sold/salvage pretty much every drop which allowed me to purchase the book.

No I am not a whale, nor have millions of AD, I just plan accordingly when new content is released.

To be fair, boons were never rng gated in the first place. 5 areas is a lot of work to get it for so long. So far I don't see it as too bad compared to the other modules. Of course I don't have much praise for the modules so that doesn't say much. Hopefully boon 6 and 7 are very good to actually make it worth the grind. If you get more sigils from dailies in mod 5 it could be a nice help. It seems less of a focus on further grinding though inorder to unlock content which is good though.

Hopefully the content is actually repeatable, but when the last time they made compelling content was at release, I won't hold my breath. I'd probably have issues with the drops if I didn't have good passive AD generation though. I personally sold 2 books. Don't think I'lll max out more than 1 toon though when I prefiously maxed my boons on 7 toons.

Can't really say too much unless it's all released though. Even if past experience tells me the module may not be enjoyable.
    I think white knighting is just as bad as mindlessly screaming and yelling complaints.
    Agreed, too much white kniting for my tastes. But I think a fair amount of people that aren't as accepting of issues have probably already moved on.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    carrytiex wrote: »
    Hopefully boon 6 and 7 are very good to actually make it worth the grind.

I'll repeat the following
    Boon 6/7 is Only a boost to your boon 5.

Example

Crit severity is 5% for boon 5

6 Makes this 6.5%, 7 makes this 8%

That is your boon reward for this mod.
  • Options
    carrytiexcarrytiex Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I'll repeat the following

Yeah didn't see that post when I made that comment and wondered how you could know that. After loading up the client I can see there's 3 options. Maybe it work work like feat points and allow you to allocate them differently. So that you can get for example 2 in one boon and 1 in another.

2 boons for 50% boost when those are probably the more expensive boons kind of seems like a rip off otherwise. Even if it's my way it doesn't sound so great. I mean instead of choosing the best boon which you'd assume to be stonger with those kind of requirements, you're left with a 2nd or 3rd pick that you didn't want as much which is kind of backwards unless it gave increasing returns. I hope they adjust the values if they do plan on it otherwise what's the point?

I personally first thought it was an unfinished wip.
  • Options
    gerbilhurdlergerbilhurdler Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 418 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    The last two boons are useless unless you are a min/maxer and absolutely have to have that extra 3% crit severity or w/e you pick.
    My advice would be to grind as many books as you can before mod drops to make some AD off the l33ts and buy something you can actually use on your own character.
    Of course with my luck, I'll grind one on all 3 of my characters and they will release the mod and the amount of sigils/secrets needed will be halved or something....
  • Options
    nwnghostnwnghost Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I think it is indeed a poor implementation of campaign progression for Module 5.

It is extremely concerning that "more dailies" are the order of play, which will turn off a lot of players that have for some time been on the verge of abandoning this MMO.

People simply will not want to play a game that involves endless work on dead easy but time consuming daily quests to progress. People play MMOs usually to escape Real Life for a bit, and primarily get away from Work. Loading new content with pretty much mandatory dailies (because how else are you going to progress or play the new content?) is like having a second completely unpaid job that on reflection makes you feel a bit like a farmer of the gold kind.

Either the boon books need to be a lot more common in chest drops, or the prices of the books need to come down dramatically in Cult Secrets/Dragon Sigils required. Make them require maybe 40 Cult Secrets/Dragon Sigils each, but 600 Dragon Coins to make the progression less boring and more of a goal that you can work steadily towards without dedicating several hours each day on daily quests.

For someone playing a single character, or at most 2, this might all the fine and well, but considering you are selling us Character Slots and presumably want players to use those character slots to play more characters other than as Leadership farm/invoke bots, you are really making it nigh on impossible to have any time for ACTUAL game content for players with 3 or more characters.

As an example, I have 1 character of every class that I normally enjoy playing. Since Module 4, I am spending a good 6 hours a day doing dailies after work trying to fit dinner in between, and then its off to sleep. I literally have no time left to actually do a skirmish/dungeon more than once or twice a day because dailies from Module 4 take up all my time. And if this continues and is made worse by Module 5, then I wonder whether this MMO will continue to be worth my efforts/time/frustrations, which I think is how most other people are feeling.
  • Options
    equ4lizerequ4lizer Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    nwnghost wrote: »
    I think it is indeed a poor implementation of campaign progression for Module 5.

It is extremely concerning that "more dailies" are the order of play, which will turn off a lot of players that have for some time been on the verge of abandoning this MMO.

People simply will not want to play a game that involves endless work on dead easy but time consuming daily quests to progress. People play MMOs usually to escape Real Life for a bit, and primarily get away from Work. Loading new content with pretty much mandatory dailies (because how else are you going to progress or play the new content?) is like having a second completely unpaid job that on reflection makes you feel a bit like a farmer of the gold kind.

Either the boon books need to be a lot more common in chest drops, or the prices of the books need to come down dramatically in Cult Secrets/Dragon Sigils required. Make them require maybe 40 Cult Secrets/Dragon Sigils each, but 600 Dragon Coins to make the progression less boring and more of a goal that you can work steadily towards without dedicating several hours each day on daily quests.

For someone playing a single character, or at most 2, this might all the fine and well, but considering you are selling us Character Slots and presumably want players to use those character slots to play more characters other than as Leadership farm/invoke bots, you are really making it nigh on impossible to have any time for ACTUAL game content for players with 3 or more characters.

As an example, I have 1 character of every class that I normally enjoy playing. Since Module 4, I am spending a good 6 hours a day doing dailies after work trying to fit dinner in between, and then its off to sleep. I literally have no time left to actually do a skirmish/dungeon more than once or twice a day because dailies from Module 4 take up all my time. And if this continues and is made worse by Module 5, then I wonder whether this MMO will continue to be worth my efforts/time/frustrations, which I think is how most other people are feeling.

You are kinda of right in some way.
    IGN: Granzon
    军医骑士 超过三千水平 突破极限释放开
    Daily: Granworm Sword
    Enounter: Vow of Enmity | Worm Smasher | 縮退砲
    Class Feature: Kabbalah System
    Aura: Warp Field

IGN: Faluzure 19k Tenebrous Soulbinder Scourge Warlock
    (The Corrupted) (Retired)
  • Options
    fusionawesomefusionawesome Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited October 2014

My hope is that we get some other/extra ways to get sigils and secrets in mod 5, so we can buy the book from the vendor in 10 days instead of the 20 right now. That would make the book a bit more common and therefor cheaper in AH. If that's not the case i am just going to give up on the boons.
  • Options
    kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    Bingo. I could rant and rage about the stuff I don't like, and be ignored. Or I could point out the positive changes and hope we see more of it. Put simply, positivity gets listened too.

Positivity gets listened? Eh?

Also, it's not really a plus for people who want to try the mod 5 campaign, with a character that hasn't slogged all the way through the mod 4 stuff. Normally, it's feasible to stay "current" with the campaigns with at least one character. Not now, and not with this approach. It's simply compounding the lengthy grind, by making it more monolithic.

Unless it also introduces some sane ways to get the boon 4 and 5 books, and possibly a way to do the Timers On Dragons campaign on alts, it's going to be anything but an improvement.

This. I have a geared 60 of every class. They are all complete on mods one and two. A few are complete on IWD. None are complete in the Timers On Dragons campaign. Right now, I am doing dailies on my SW and CW, and that uses all of my play time per evening. No time for anything that I actually enjoy. Unless there's some payoff soon, and things get enjoyable, I am not sure how long I can keep it up.

When the DC changes come in, it will take me so long to get my DC "current", on the offchance that it's actually useful again, that it may well be out of the question, too.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Nut sure when I've last seen Draco tbh. I'm doing dungeons, but only to get the new stuff. I'd like to gear my new Warlock as well, but no chance.
  • Options
    kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    Nut sure when I've last seen Draco tbh. I'm doing dungeons, but only to get the new stuff. I'd like to gear my new Warlock as well, but no chance.

He still looks like he needs a good meal, for what it's worth.
  • Options
    nonamejohndoenonamejohndoe Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    This game is transforming into a game of luck. Too bad the skills doesn't matter in gaining some items (artifact belts, books etc). I am sick of killing dragons, I think I killed already 1000 dragons, I have 8000+ dragon coins. All the time, I receive the message Great Success, but only a belt drop till now (the worst one, unfortunately). I am a pvp player, not a farmer. Many good players quitted already because of this random drops. More books??? I did a lot of skirmishes, not a book drop till now. No way to continue. The idea with obtaining the weapon artifact after a lot of dailies was good. Why cannot obtain an artifact belt same way??? Or the books??? Or, at least, fix a price, even big, for it. For example, 10.000 dragon coins would be an idea.
  • Options
    truelokastertruelokaster Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    ...As an example, I have 1 character of every class that I normally enjoy playing. Since Module 4, I am spending a good 6 hours a day doing dailies after work trying to fit dinner in between, and then its off to sleep. I literally have no time left to actually do a skirmish/dungeon more than once or twice a day because dailies from Module 4 take up all my time. And if this continues and is made worse by Module 5, then I wonder whether this MMO will continue to be worth my efforts/time/frustrations, which I think is how most other people are feeling.

I hear you. I have a total of 15 characters in my account (at one time i wanted to have one for each paragon path/tree), but lately I was happy having one of each but the HR (SW didn't existed yet) with MOD1 and 2 campaigns completed and geared with T2 pvp sets and rank 7 or 8 enchantments but had to gave up once IWD was released and the black ice gloves/weapon nightmare started. Up then the BOON part of your character's progression was a matter of rewarding the time you invested in the game and now I'm slave to a random generator factor that is way to minimal to be considered fair.

So far I've been playing only one character and that is taking away my enjoyment of the game, as I'm an altholic and having to learn/understand each class nuances is my thing.
  • Options
    pointsmanpointsman Member Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Well look. NO campaign is going to be friendly to anyone who has 15 (!) alts. C'mon, that is asking too much. Unless you want a campaign that is just so stupidly short that you can gear up and boon up 15 alts in like a week or something.
  • Options
    demonkyuubidemonkyuubi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    pointsman wrote: »
    Well look. NO campaign is going to be friendly to anyone who has 15 (!) alts. C'mon, that is asking too much. Unless you want a campaign that is just so stupidly short that you can gear up and boon up 15 alts in like a week or something.

well to be honest u can easily do dread ring, sharandar, and icewind dale on 4 characters easily. the time spent can even be shortened by just doing the lair for dread ring while saving the dailies for later if u want gauntlets, weekly in sharandar after getting the minimal currency for the last 2 boons, and just mine black ice if you have enough currency or don't care about the gloves/main-hand unless you already have them. heck, i even had the time to get 24k rough ad from dailies/dungeons on 4 characters each.

dragon dailies r an unyielding 1h (sometimes longer) per character that you can only shorten if u get lucky or enough people are generous enough to help you out. and this camp is likely getting 3 new areas to do per character.