test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

More books in Mod 5

slintashslintash Member Posts: 172 Bounty Hunter
For Mod 5 they added 2 boons to the ToD campaign on prievew, boon 6 and 7. Boon 6 requires a new book from the newest dungoen "Well Of Dragons", and boon 7 needs one of each book.

In order to get boon 6 and 7 you also first need to have both 4 and 5 done, so that is a total of 6 books, 2 of each kind.

Happy farming?
Post edited by slintash on

Comments

• demonkyuubidemonkyuubi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    better question is, who is willing to farm all those books for those rich enough to buy it?

ps: how long will those books remain in auction house because there is only enough for a handful of people
  • carrytiexcarrytiex Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    better question is, who is willing to farm all those books for those rich enough to buy it?

ps: how long will those books remain in auction house because there is only enough for a handful of people

There's still time before mod 5. No rush.
  • marc8219marc8219 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    How many people even bothered to get boon 4 and 5?
    Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
  • helpimblindinrlhelpimblindinrl Member Posts: 972 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    They have to know we hate dragon farming and resent them for making it this way an still this is their choice.
  • izidiusizidius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 40
    edited October 2014
    slintash wrote: »
    For Mod 5 they added 2 boons to the ToD campaign on prievew, boon 6 and 7. Boon 6 requires a new book from the newest dungoen "Well Of Dragons", and boon 7 needs one of each book.

In order to get boon 6 and 7 you also first need to have both 4 and 5 done, so that is a total of 6 books, 2 of each kind.

Happy farming?

Good gosh...I just don't even know where to start...................
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    Unless Cryptic introduces an alternate method to obtain those books that doesn't solely involve RNG or succumbing to the overpriced ones at the auction house, this is another swing and a miss
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited October 2014
  • kabinoleskabinoles Member Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    got the 4th boon today after a long farming and paying 50k for the book and than 20k for the boon

now for the 5th the same song
  • carrytiexcarrytiex Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    marc8219 wrote: »
    How many people even bothered to get boon 4 and 5?

Since ToD is a lot of work, I did dialies in 5 zones on 2 toons, my main cw and sw. I figured the AD was worth more than a couple of boons. The boons are fine and all, but I can get them anytime. They'll eventually come down in price. I hae a lot more toons and there's no way I'm farming the boons for them. Of course I didn't bother with the stupid low drop rates in the skirmish and dungeon when it had nothing else to compensate my time.
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    At least its not a completely new campaign with 5 more boons and a whole new set of dailies. This seems to be progress at least. Tiny steps forward and all that.
  • demonkyuubidemonkyuubi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    At least its not a completely new campaign with 5 more boons and a whole new set of dailies. This seems to be progress at least. Tiny steps forward and all that.

from what i am hearing, it's actually just that but worse. new set of dailies, 3 buffers to invest dragon sigils in like b4, some 0-100% bar to invest more dragon sigils (?) or some dragon treasure in for a tiamat event, etc. if they make getting the new book similar to the 1st one, then it's 80 days of grinding on top of the 40 days we had previously which totals to 4 months of grinding those boons.
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    The new book isn't in the campaign store yet, maybe it is only a dungeon drop XD
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
    edited October 2014
    from what i am hearing, it's actually just that but worse. new set of dailies, 3 buffers to invest dragon sigils in like b4, some 0-100% bar to invest more dragon sigils (?) or some dragon treasure in for a tiamat event, etc. if they make getting the new book similar to the 1st one, then it's 80 days of grinding on top of the 40 days we had previously which totals to 4 months of grinding those boons.

Its not a new campaign. Its just a continuation of the existing one. They just added more boxes to check in the existing ToD campaign progress window. So no new currency, (other then the books), No starting fresh. Folks can pretty much continue from where they stopped at mod 4.

Its not a huge improvement, but considering everyone was predicting and bracing for a complete new campaign. This seems a fairly promising start. Its the first module that breaks the existing pattern, if even by a little bit. That shouldn't be ignored.
  • slintashslintash Member Posts: 172 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    Its not a new campaign. Its just a continuation of the existing one. They just added more boxes to check in the existing ToD campaign progress window. So no new currency, (other then the books), No starting fresh. Folks can pretty much continue from where they stopped at mod 4. .

There is a new currency for one.

Secondly you need to have boon 4 and 5 even done now to get 6 and 7, which most people don't even want to touch. Furtherer more, we are going to have to grind out the same dailys we've done for god knows how long now, and new ones.

Thirdly, a minor boost to One boon is worth months of effort in your mind? Most would prefer to actually have 5 boons just like before instead of 1 single minor boost which is impossible to get unless you pay through the nose or grind to death.

But hey, its not like we didnt have pages upon pages complaining about 2 books, now we got 6 to do, have fun with that.
  • loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    For me this is actually good news, because it could hint that no full campaign will be added. Considering that the last few weeks were hell for those with a lot of ALTs, it's a nice start.
    I might be playing my HR again after all.
    edited October 2014
    loboguild wrote: »
    For me this is actually good news, because it could hint that no full campaign will be added. Considering that the last few weeks were hell for those with a lot of ALTs, it's a nice start.
    I might be playing my HR again after all.

Bingo. I could rant and rage about the stuff I don't like, and be ignored. Or I could point out the positive changes and hope we see more of it. Put simply, positivity gets listened too.
  • chemboy613chemboy613 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Those of us with many alts already spend several hours a day doing dailies. This is not fun, IMO.

I am not bothering with the books farming. They might drop and i will use those, or maybe they get cheap enough, or maybe we can buy them for something reasonable through zen.

Now, that last boon better be amazing, i mean, simply amazing. Something like "your encounter powers do 20% more damage" or "increase HP by 25%" or something insane like that, because it's such a pain to get.
    edited October 2014
    chemboy613 wrote: »
    Those of us with many alts already spend several hours a day doing dailies. This is not fun, IMO.

I am not bothering with the books farming. They might drop and i will use those, or maybe they get cheap enough, or maybe we can buy them for something reasonable through zen.

Now, that last boon better be amazing, i mean, simply amazing. Something like "your encounter powers do 20% more damage" or "increase HP by 25%" or something insane like that, because it's such a pain to get.

Boon 6/7 is Only a boost to your boon 5.

Example

Crit severity is 5% for boon 5

6 Makes this 6.5%, 7 makes this 8%

That is your boon reward for this mod.
    edited October 2014
    Boon 6/7 is Only a boost to your boon 5.

Example

Crit severity is 5% for boon 5

6 Makes this 6.5%, 7 makes this 8%

That is your boon reward for this mod.

I was on preview and was consufed by this, but what you are saying this:

I have to pay THREE books, approximately valued at 4M AD that will increase 5% crit severity to 6.5% crit severity, which will (optimistically) increase my DPS in the .4% range.

MEANWHILE, i could spend that SAME AD to get an epic eryness and increase my crit severity 10%, or 3% DPS.

What planet are these devs on?
    edited October 2014
    I was on preview and was consufed by this, but what you are saying this:

I have to pay THREE books, approximately valued at 4M AD that will increase 5% crit severity to 6.5% crit severity, which will (optimistically) increase my DPS in the .4% range.

MEANWHILE, i could spend that SAME AD to get an epic eryness and increase my crit severity 10%, or 3% DPS.

What planet are these devs on?

Pets do not work on PVP.

However, I do share the lament that having to buy 6 total of the books that would probably cost 5mil+ is not a smart idea
    edited October 2014
    Pets do not work on PVP.

However, I do share the lament that having to buy 6 total of the books that would probably cost 5mil+ is not a smart idea

Well sure, if I somehow have the money to buy an excellent computer, then i have the money to buy in for all that AD, and then i have the time to play PVP enough to get good enough where 3% crit severity ACTUALLY matters, and i choose not to spend that money on things like investments, or traveling, or housing, or getting a real life girlfriend and going to dinner or something like that, then maybe someone will actually buy this nonsense.

But really? I'll just sell them if i get them, i suppose. How silly are these people?
  • loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Bingo. I could rant and rage about the stuff I don't like, and be ignored. Or I could point out the positive changes and hope we see more of it. Put simply, positivity gets listened too.

Also let's not forget what we know by now: Devs around here have only so much time and manpower. So no full campaign might mean something meaningful on another front. Maybe a full-length dungeon? Raidable? More PVP maps?

I'm actually mildly encouraged by this. Based on the length and elevated grind my initial thought actually was that Mod5 will not feature a full-length campaign.
    edited October 2014
    loboguild wrote: »
    Also let's not forget what we know by now: Devs around here have only so much time and manpower. So no full campaign might mean something meaningful on another front. Maybe a full-length dungeon? Raidable? More PVP maps?

Or you know, the 2 massive class reworks and new paragon for SW.

Also, what you are saying is speculation and has nothing to do with the topic I posted about, the books and the ungodly grind they are introducing to this game.
    edited October 2014
    Well sure, if I somehow have the money to buy an excellent computer, then i have the money to buy in for all that AD, and then i have the time to play PVP enough to get good enough where 3% crit severity ACTUALLY matters, and i choose not to spend that money on things like investments, or traveling, or housing, or getting a real life girlfriend and going to dinner or something like that, then maybe someone will actually buy this nonsense.

But really? I'll just sell them if i get them, i suppose. How silly are these people?

There are quite a number of people who get diamonds through other means, unfortunately. I could go into a long discussion there but I don't the thread will last. Either way, the point still stands that boons do give an advantage in PVP
    edited October 2014
    Or you know, the 2 massive class reworks and new paragon for SW.

Im not sure how that factors. Mod 4 had a hard release date, 4 massive class reworks, and a complete new class, not just a paragon.
    edited October 2014

Or better yet, you can misquote the feedback on the forums to support your stance
    Im pretty sure I recall, fairly recently, folks all but demanding more AD sinks.

"folks demanding more AD sinks"
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?771461-Are-you-in-favor-of-Legendary-off-hands-accessories-and-armor
    edited October 2014
    Or better yet, you can misquote the feedback on the forums to support your stance

"folks demanding more AD sinks"
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?771461-Are-you-in-favor-of-Legendary-off-hands-accessories-and-armor

Where does that say that is my stance? There is a huge difference between pointing out an issue and supporting it.
    edited October 2014
    Where does that say that is my stance? There is a huge difference between pointing out an issue and supporting it.

So you do agree that the direction they are going in module 5 is a disaster?

Anyways, point still stands that you misquoted "recent" feedback
    edited October 2014
    Im not sure how that factors. Mod 4 had a hard release date, 4 massive class reworks, and a complete new class, not just a paragon.

So? It is the most poorly recieved Mod to date, as has been shown on multiple threads. Not to mention it doesn't contain any new areas, and the 5 different dragons were all more or less the same. The campaign itself for Mod 4 has so many issues, not to mention all the issues with glyphs, the books, the dungeon key not working properly, and the multitude of other problems with this mod.

But hey, lets jsut ignore all those issues and instead of talking about what we see so far in Mod 5, like this thread is meant to be about FYI, lets just hope and prey that for some bizzare reason, 2 boons needing 4 books means we get tons of new content! Instead of actually criticizing what we already see, aka this thread about the new boons.

Talk about the actual topic or please stop replying on this thread. Derailing it is annoying.
  • query523query523 Member Posts: 1,515 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    This is a new record in stupidity. Really.