test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Neverwinter Emergency Maintenance- 10/3 7 AM PDT (Pacific)

1235»

Comments

• Options
    sprawlfxsprawlfx Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    It is up now.
  • Options
    veilofabaddonveilofabaddon Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    disregard it its up now
  • Options
    rgladiatorgladiato Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited October 2014

Honestly - I don't really care. I'll just be happy when it's back up again.

Yep. I want to play but I won't stress out over a free to play game. :)
    Nixon the TR
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.
    o1iHDN0.png?1
  • Options
    kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    "Thank you for your patience. "

LOL, what patience is that exactly? :)
  • Options
    kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Since the games back up now, I guess *was* is a better word there.
  • Options
    zaurixxzaurixx Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    bregonn wrote: »
    In Germany and France it's 4 PM to 7 PM, in Finland 5 to 8, in Russia it's 6 to 9. How would you like that?

The US + Canada have 350 million people. There are a lot less players in the rest of the America's and in Africa and Australia as well. Asia usually have there own servers. 50% of the players in Europe is almost certainly not an overestimation.

So it's very possible to do maintenance at a time which is convenient for the great majority of your players (sorry Aussie's). I've played a good number of MMO's and this is the first I notice maintenance on a regular basis. Yes, it's annoying for the maintenance personnel to work at night, but it's common practice in the industry and lots of people do it.

Correction US ALONE is about 319 Million http://www.census.gov/ . It is up from the last 2010 census, and the 2000 census we were roughly at 342 million, so we lost 40 some million people in a decade, but gained 17 million back (more likely to immigration legal or otherwise).

As for Canada? Sorry guys, I can only speak for people south of that border. Europe, who knows what the real numbers are. However, I think the estimates of almost a billion people for Europe not counting Russia seem a bit high. I would check the facts on that before spouting a number out.

As for the 50% being an overestimation. I would consider the facts that PWE, Cryptic and Neverwinter Staff take into consideration the time frames for maintenance for when the STAFF is working and doing their job and not coming in at some crazy 1AM time just so they can put in odd hours to do maintenance. They do it when they have set hours like anyone else's job. Hence, why most maintenance seems to be ON PDT time, not EST or China or something. It would be downright silly to think and ask your employees to come in and maintain your network, servers, etc. and not pay them OVERTIME or some additional compensation when it can be done on normal hours. Let's face it, it is a great game (some bugs, but they are livable most of the time *cough, cough ROAR*), but it is also a job that a hard working staff maintains for a company that provides people a life that provides a game for others enjoyment.

See you all around when maintenance is over.
  • Options
    akromatikakromatik Member Posts: 1
    edited October 2014

Edit: I misposted, it seems! Welcome back to Neverwinter!

• Options
    amorraamorra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Can you start doing some regression testing please? I mean seriously, when was the last time a patch didn't (re)introduce some bug/exploit?

Also it would be really nice if we would at least have some details about the problem, esp when the emergency maintenance gets extended by several hours. Even if everything goes fine this time, and Neverwinter is back online @1 PM, that's still a 6 hours downtime instead of a 2 hours downtime, with absolutely no details as to why this was necessary.

They can do all the tests in the world. But the coding on the 'preview' server is different from the code on the live server. Bugs are always going to come through. They have, actually, mentioned the problem in a post yesterday that announced today's maintenance. (I found it when I went to look at the dev tracker.) Some unexpected bugs cropped up, we do not really need to know anything else about it at this time.

A lot of the 'silence' about bugs is to prevent people from looking in similar directions to exploit the game later. It happens in most games. If it is a new issue they are not going to announce it and possibly have people trying to do it in the off chance their 'fix' doesn't actually fix the bug.
  • Options
    rhoricrhoric Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Are you sure akro. I got the play button and green server light.
  • Options
    dillygirldillygirl Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 321 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Yay, the server is up! Thanks for fixing the problem, whatever it was.
    also, can the forum moderators please PM me with where to find the correct forum rules/protocol? I fail to see why apparently all my posts are trash posts, but posts just saying the time are not :S. I'm probably missing some rule here, please help me follow it by telling me what it is?
  • Options
    akromatikakromatik Member Posts: 1
    edited October 2014
    My apologies about that. See you in-game, everyone!
This discussion has been closed.