test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Neverwinter Emergency Maintenance- 10/3 7 AM PDT (Pacific)

dwightmcdwightmc Member Posts: 95
edited October 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Hey everyone,

Unfortunately we will be having emergency maintenance tomorrow 10/3 at 7 am PDT. Estimated downtime is 2 hours but could be extended due to unforeseen circumstances. We will need to bring the servers down to fix a few issues from today's patch.

When is maintenance for you? (Click here to find out)

Patch Notes: NW.25.20140923a.8

Items and Economy

Silvery Dragonscale Store – There is a new uncommon quality Dragonborn companion available for 30 scales.

Skeleton Steed has been made Bind on Equip.

User Interface

Removed the banner that advertised a discount on enchanted keys from the Zen Market.

-Dwight

Update 1 (7:08 AM PDT) - Maintenance has begun.
Update 2 (8:00 AM PDT) Maintenance is ongoing, estimated downtime has not changed.
Update 3 (8:24 AM PDT) Unfortunately during the maintenance process we discovered another issue that will need to be fixed. This will extend maintenance time, no ETA yet, but we will update you once we have an estimated extension time.
Update 4 (8:56 AM PDT) Looks like we will need to extend maintenance for at least another hour to 10 AM PDT. If that changes we'll let you know.
Update 5 (9:47 AM PDT) Maintenance will be extended a few more hours. Estimated downtime is until 12 PM PDT.. If that changes we'll let you know. Sorry for the inconvenience everyone, we're working hard to get everything back up and running as soon as possible.

Update 6 (12:08 PM PDT) Neverwinter maintenance is still in progress. Estimated downtime has been extended until 12:30. Thank you for your patience.

Update 7 (12:32 PM PDT) Neverwinter maintenance is still on-going. Estimated downtime has been extended to 1PM PDT. We apologize for the delay.
Post edited by dwightmc on

Comments

• Options
    incestuosaincestuosa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    My dear friend,

My account has been hacked and I can't Contact PW Customer Service or send a ticket because link is broken (https://www.arcgames.com/supportredirect/app/ask?returnTo=0&error=1). How should I proceed?

Thanks in advance
  • Options
    lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    incestuosa wrote: »
    My dear friend,

My account has been hacked and I can't Contact PW Customer Service or send a ticket because link is broken (https://www.arcgames.com/supportredirect/app/ask?returnTo=0&error=1). How should I proceed?

Thanks in advance

customerservice@perfectworld.com

Also, please refrain from hijacking threads for other purposes. If you have a question that needs to be addressed, please do not post it in an irrelevant thread.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • Options
    notsheriffsrsnotsheriffsrs Banned Users Posts: 396 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    Anyone has screenies of the Steed?
  • Options
    incestuosaincestuosa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    customerservice@perfectworld.com

Also, please refrain from hijacking threads for other purposes. If you have a question that needs to be addressed, please do not post it in an irrelevant thread.

Excuse me for bad manners. I would not have done so if the site worked perfectly. Thanks for the response.
  • Options
    kepikahunakepikahuna Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    The UTC conversion for the time of maintenance is wrong again :(
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited October 2014
    kepikahuna wrote: »
    The UTC conversion for the time of maintenance is wrong again :(

No it is not. 7 AM PDT is 2 PM UTC.
  • Options
    kepikahunakepikahuna Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Which makes it 1400 UTC, not 0200 UTC.
  • Options
    twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    No it is not. 7 AM PDT is 2 PM UTC.
    The UTC calculator on the link in Dwight's post is correct. The banner announcement on the launcher is incorrect. It states 0200-0400 UTC where it should state 1400-1600 UTC.
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • Options
    nameexpirednameexpired Member Posts: 1,282 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    FYI:
    On the gateway AND the login interface the message is wrong. It says:
    We will be performing shard maintenance on October 3rd from 7:00-9:00 AM Pacific time (0200-0400 UTC).

I was happy that this is one of the rare occasions where you patch in "your" evening, but then saw then that you failed to recognize the 24h time format.
    While it's DST just add +7 to your time and you might get the correct time. There is no PM or AM in UTC, there is only 00:00 until 23:59 (the colons are optional)
    Imaginary Friends are the best friends you can have!
  • Options
    criss11criss11 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    About the listed notes i doubt those are a solid reason for emergency shut down, unless there is something else hidden to fix.So many (un)expected shut downs in Neverwinter..
    However, how about to change that drink 10 HP potions task to "drink 5 HP potions" or "drink 10 any potion type" event task in time, i tried that (with HP normal potions not black ice ones) but its impossible due to the cooldown of the potions combined with regeneration rate !?
    Can you test it again and change it if needed, please ? Thank you.

(maybe to 5 hp pots, or keep 10 potions but any kind of potions (buffs,stats increase,hp,alchemy cratfs such as flasks,etc) if it can be completed in time.)
    open beta player of some PWE games - north america launched versions:
    - PWI - November, 2008 (2 months after North-America-West Coast open beta)
    - Forsaken World - open beta
    - BOI - open beta
    - Star Trek Online - ftp January, 2012 and rank 14 STO Wiki contributor
    - Neverwinter open beta June, 2013

Daily Foundry "Canyon of the Dead" ( NW-DBPJYKMRE ) - dungeon
  • Options
    rontheneqrontheneq Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    criss11 wrote: »
    About the listed notes i doubt those are a solid reason for emergency shut down, unless there is something else hidden to fix.So many (un)expected shut downs in Neverwinter..
    However, how about to change that drink 10 HP potions task to "drink 5 HP potions" or "drink 10 any potions type" event task in time, i tried that (with HP normal potions not black ice ones) but its impossible due to the cooldown of the potions combined with regeneration rate !?

(maybe to 5 hp pots, or keep 10 potions but any kind of potions (buffs,stats increase,hp,alchemy cratfs,black ice,etc) if it can be completed in time.)

I had no problems with that one, you just need to let stuff beat on you a little. :)
  • Options
    jorifice1jorifice1 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    However, how about to change that drink 10 HP potions task to "drink 5 HP potions" or "drink 10 any potion type" event task in time, i tried that (with HP normal potions not black ice ones) but its impossible due to the cooldown of the potions combined with regeneration rate !?

(maybe to 5 hp pots, or keep 10 potions but any kind of potions (buffs,stats increase,hp,alchemy cratfs such as flasks,etc) if it can be completed in time.)

That's what the Lessers are for ;)
    Get yourself hit by a few week MoBs and use Lesser Potions.
    It SHOULD work.
    It's still one I don't bother with.

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    jorifice1 wrote: »
    That's what the Lessers are for ;)
    Get yourself hit by a few week MoBs and use Lesser Potions.
    It SHOULD work.
    It's still one I don't bother with.

Oh i didn't think of using lower level potions. I'm using the lvl 60 hp potions, but i have that boon which gives extra HP bonus on hp potions :) I bet everyone forgot about that boon :)
    I suppose the lowest level potions will work even with the bonus boon for drinking potions at level 60.
    - BOI - open beta

• Options
    econakaeconaka Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Did the server down ?
  • Options
    group5egroup5e Member Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Yay!!!! They are fixing the belt drop situation and it'll show up in my inventory after a month of grinding!!!!!!!..... oh wait.... nevermind it has to do with fixing ZEN store items... :P

Gordon Gecko would be proud...
  • Options
    daggon87daggon87 Member Posts: 288 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Oh i didn't think of using lower level potions. I'm using the lvl 60 hp potions, but i have that boon which gives extra HP bonus on hp potions :) I bet everyone forgot about that boon :)
    I suppose the lowest level potions will work even with the bonus boon for drinking potions at level 60.
    Just let some mobs keep hitting you while drinking your potions. With timers, you'll still need about 2 min tho ...
    That may be a bit dangerous with very squishy characters, I suppose ...
    Olaf, freelance guardian fighter.
    Enorla, Oh so devoted cleric.
  • Options
    kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    edited October 2014

Yeah, buy a big stack of minor heals, get beat a little then out of combat (<-- the important part) drink 10 at once. Alternatively, regeneration potions work too and you can drink them while at 100%.

Anyway. I hope hidden in this is something that will make the Gateway useable. For the last... oh.. couple week at least if not longer, it's gotten progressively worse and worse from a performance perspective. I'd though maybe my internet connection was to blame, but I'd tried it on various connection sources at this point, and they are all bad.

Bad, as in... 20 seconds to get my character list to change characters in most case. a solid minute for it to get a ajax response back so it can render out projects. 10-12 seconds per click from selecting a project, setting assets, and clicking start. Etc...

It's excruciating... hopefully there's a ninja fix in here for that. I did notice the gateway went down before the game server, which is unusual... so... *fingers crossed*
  • Options
    samothrace22samothrace22 Member Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited October 2014

Stand out of combat and chug those pink pots (potion of rejuvenation?). You don't have to have missing HP to take them and there is no cool down when not in combat.
    ────────────────────────────
    SAMOTHRACE
    Trickster Rogue
    ────────────────────────────
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    @ daggon87

Im not a weak character , i mean im pure tanker GF ,letting some mobs to hit me "it is my job" lol , the only mobs which i need to hit me for this, should be a bit stronger than a simple zombie :) bcuz i tried with normal potions and always i met 2 conditions : either my hp gets full, and pots cant be used anymore at full hp, either i have cooldown on potions and regeneration rate + hp potions boon so i never could complete this event task.
    I will try/test with lowest potions hp or rejuv to see if this can be completed with my potions boon. Other random tasks can be done by me , this 10 potions seems impossible for me as tanker. I will test it when server up, thank you everyone for hints.

I would like to "reward" everyone" who answered to help me with a hint to play my foundry from signature, ull get guaranteed at least 3 gift of gods from 1 run :). A friend told me that in a dungeon he couldnt get not even one single gift box .. tho hard to believe that because the 10 encounters use seems most easy to complete , or the kill 5 monsters, but, depends on what task u get, those are random.
    - BOI - open beta

• Options
    itstheyokitstheyok Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    my launcher says the maintenance is 4 and a half hours?!? 1400-1830 UTC....I hope its wrong
  • Options
    sinneblomsinneblom Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    itstheyok wrote: »
    my launcher says the maintenance is 4 and a half hours?!? 1400-1830 UTC....I hope its wrong

We will be performing shard maintenance on October 3rd from 7:00-11:30 AM Pacific time (0200-0630 UTC). This is what my launcher says ;) So 4.5 hour ..go read a book, watch a movie or just go outside into the real world :P
  • Options
    gothashotgothashot Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    itstheyok wrote: »

Yep, launcher notification just updated and extended the downtime an extra 2 1/2 hours.

Will be interesting once we're back in the game to speculate what was actually 'fixed'.
  • Options
    karakaaskarakaas Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Guys keep up the hard work, and we look forward to being able to get back in as soon as everything is ready. Thanks for the updates.
  • Options
    aeragar47aeragar47 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    @ daggon87

Im not a weak character , i mean im pure tanker GF ,letting some mobs to hit me "it is my job" lol , the only mobs which i need to hit me for this, should be a bit stronger than a simple zombie :) bcuz i tried with normal potions and always i met 2 conditions : either my hp gets full, and pots cant be used anymore at full hp, either i have cooldown on potions and regeneration rate + hp potions boon so i never could complete this event task.
    I will try/test with lowest potions hp or rejuv to see if this can be completed with my potions boon. Other random tasks can be done by me , this 10 potions seems impossible for me as tanker. I will test it when server up, thank you everyone for hints.

Take off all of your equipment and you won't be so "tanky" anymore.
  • Options
    golithagolitha Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    incestuosa wrote: »
    My dear friend,

Thanks in advance

You might want to try to contact PWE directly <<Number removed>> between 10am and 7pm PDT
  • Options
    khimera906khimera906 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 898 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Hey thanks. Now I'll lose my celestial coins for sure.
    I hate dancing with Lady Luck. She always steps on my toes.
  • Options
    kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    xginocidex wrote: »
    Kinda funny all this down time for a measly companion and a stupid banner ad... They have added a whole mod in the 2 hour normal time and now 4 1/2 hours for a banner ad and useless companion?

Something tells me there will be a few players missing when servers come back online.

I doubt it.

Besides, despite my snarky comments heretofore, clearly there's more to this emergency maintenance than just what's in the patch note. I just wish they'd be more transparent about it. Even if it's related to security, which they'll never be fully transparent about (and they shouldn't be, I might add) they CAN at least give us some indication of what the heck is going on since what they have told us is absurd and is quite frankly bad PR.
  • Options
    xginocidexxginocidex Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    kvet wrote: »
    I doubt it.

Besides, despite my snarky comments heretofore, clearly there's more to this emergency maintenance than just what's in the patch note. I just wish they'd be more transparent about it. Even if it's related to security, which they'll never be fully transparent about (and they shouldn't be, I might add) they CAN at least give us some indication of what the heck is going on since what they have told us is absurd and is quite frankly bad PR.

I agree with you completely. I made my comment based on the last time we had emergency down time that was extended. People got banned lol
  • Options
    mungsumungsu Member Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    kvet wrote: »
    ...Even if it's related to security, which they'll never be fully transparent about (and they shouldn't be, I might add) they CAN at least give us some indication of what the heck is going on since what they have told us is absurd and is quite frankly bad PR.

Except maybe for the Skeleton Steed being BoP. I was wondering why there weren't any in the AH and I can image that many people would be wanting to sell them.

However, having the maintenance go over the estimated time does indicate a little more going on. And like you, I wish they'd at least say a security patch is included.
  • Options
    nwnghostnwnghost Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Whatever additional issue is being fixed does not seem to require a client-side patch, as the version number remains .a8
This discussion has been closed.