test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Neverwinter Emergency Maintenance- 10/3 7 AM PDT (Pacific)

Comments

• Options
    zomgimkezzomgimkez Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    criss11 wrote: »
    about the listed notes i doubt those are a solid reason for emergency shut down, unless there is something else hidden to fix.so many (un)expected shut downs in neverwinter..
    However, how about to change that drink 10 hp potions task to "drink 5 hp potions" or "drink 10 any potion type" event task in time, i tried that (with hp normal potions not black ice ones) but its impossible due to the cooldown of the potions combined with regeneration rate !?
    Can you test it again and change it if needed, please ? Thank you.

(maybe to 5 hp pots, or keep 10 potions but any kind of potions (buffs,stats increase,hp,alchemy cratfs such as flasks,etc) if it can be completed in time.)

thisssss ^^^
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    All we can assume is that the servers aren't booting properly or that the fix broke something else preventing the game from working. I don't like a maintenance to unbind a pet (i understand it but i don't have to like it), hopefully we won't wait for two more hours because of that.
  • Options
    nwnghostnwnghost Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    It is sad in my opinion that the maintance to change Hero's Feasts and Grand Summer Feasts only affected newly generated ones and didn't unbind incorrectly bound versions, but this maintenance to unbind Skeletal Steeds (just like Owlbears in the past) will retrospectively unbind the mounts.

I wish "free" items/players were treated as fairly as "paying" ones.
  • Options
    kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    xginocidex wrote: »
    I agree with you completely. I made my comment based on the last time we had emergency down time that was extended. People got banned lol

HA! I forgot about that :) Well, in any event, this gives me some time to get some actual work done... maybe they're doing it on purpose as a community service? Can't have their working customers fired for dereliction of duty -- if that happened, no one could buy their stuff! ;)
  • Options
    gothashotgothashot Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    extended again! 6 hour downtime now. I'ma go fishing.
  • Options
    refracted0dawnrefracted0dawn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 894 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    dwightmc wrote: »
    Unfortunately we will be having emergency maintenance tomorrow 10/3 at 7 am PDT. Estimated downtime is 2 hours

Removed the banner that advertised a discount on enchanted keys from the Zen Market.

It said this maintenance was suppose to happen about 02:00 AM BST, but I played until 6 AM with no trouble (Insomnia Monster got me)

Now it is 6 PM in the UK, but it is still down. I wish you could get the times correct.

Also, I am glad my heart did not race at the thought of an Enchanted Key Sale, only to find it was an error.

What is the reason for this emergency maintenance? Pinatas dropping Blood Rubies every 5 seconds?

~
  • Options
    walk2kwalk2k Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    It said this maintenance was suppose to happen about 02:00 AM BST, but I played until 6 AM with no trouble (Insomnia Monster got me)

Now it is 6 PM in the UK, but it is still down. I wish your could get the times correct.

Also, I am glad my heart did not race at the thought of an Enchanted Key Sale, only to find it was an error.

What is the reason for this emergency maintenance? Pinatas dropping Blood Rubies every 5 seconds?

~

maybe a CW did some damage, or was able to freeze something for .5 sec. can't have that!
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    The squirrels they have inside their server decided they weren't being given enough nuts and went on strike.
  • Options
    golo351golo351 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    any update ?
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    nwnghost wrote: »
    I wish "free" items/players were treated as fairly as "paying" ones.

Or lost campaign progression with the failed update about the ToD campaign. The GMs never gave me back my two missing days, or the sigils I used. We get an EXTENDED emergency maintenance for the ~10 people who got the legendary mount but when it's just affecting the whole playerbase we can only STFU. So, um, keep dreaming. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    criss11 wrote: »
    However, how about to change that drink 10 HP potions task to "drink 5 HP potions" or "drink 10 any potion type" event task in time, i tried that (with HP normal potions not black ice ones) but its impossible due to the cooldown of the potions combined with regeneration rate !?

No need. I had a bunch of Lesser Healing Potions and stood by some Gnolls in Neverdeath and let them hit me and chugged one every 12 seconds, starting with the bound potions. That way, I knew they could not kill me and I woud not heal too much. Got the crate and another God Quest as well. I have so many low level potions as I stock-pile them for Alchemy. I would never waste non-healing potions for something like a "Box-o'-<font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>" from a God Quest.

Using 3 dailies in the time was only possible as I have High INT and High Recovery and AP gain.

Not using At-Wills meant I had to change my Encounters.

And so on.

When I first started in February, one of these events was running at about that time. It is MUCH easier to do the God Quests with a level 60 than it was with a level 10.

Horses for Courses, I suppose.

Although, the "Kill x monsters when below 50% hp" is a little risky on the ToD map. But there is no need for them to take the servers down just to fix something like that.

Summer Festival Mounts, Companions and foods that SAY BoE but are actually BoP - THAT is something that needed to be fixed.

Plus somewhere to exchange Defence Supplies after the event would have been nice, but not a major priority.
  • Options
    unholydragonkingunholydragonking Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Bye Bye 5 celestial coins... :(
  • Options
    bregonnbregonn Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    You really need to fix your maintenance times. The current maintenance times are right in the middle of the peak playing day in Europe (16:00 till 22:00). This means half your customers are loosing a day every two weeks or so. How about you start your maintenance at 3 AM like every decent MMO does?

I'll tell you something: You'll even make more money that way. Non-playing customers are non-paying customers.
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Bye Bye 5 celestial coins... :(

Bro, do it in the afternoon.....
  • Options
    cerberusxllcerberusxll Member Posts: 387 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I traded 7 coins in on 10 characters about an hour before they took everything offline.

it's fair to say I dodged a bullet there.
    Cerberus | Scylla | Orion | Makelo | Nemesis | Ares | Artemis | Asclepius | Nyx | Hades | Dexithea | Dolos | Demonax | Athena | Enyo | Medusa | Talos | Alcyone
  • Options
    vyrokkvyrokk Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    bregonn wrote: »
    You really need to fix your maintenance times. The current maintenance times are right in the middle of the peak playing day in Europe (16:00 till 22:00). This means half your customers are loosing a day every two weeks or so. How about you start your maintenance at 3 AM like every decent MMO does?

I'll tell you something: You'll even make more money that way. Non-playing customers are non-paying customers.

I'll tell you something. Maint generally runs during the work day for East coast North/South America. Hmm that HUGE player base is working to make money for when they get off. Wow, is your mind blown?? Doesn't matter what time maint is, it will be at a bad time for someone in the world! Derp
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    vyrokk wrote: »
    I'll tell you something. Maint generally runs during the work day for East coast North/South America.

Also, I'd expect the maintenance guys to work during their normal day, not at 3 AM their time.

The population of Europe is about 742 million, including European Russia. The population of The Americas is about 954 million. How many of those actually have internet access, I do not know. But having the normal maintenance between about 3 PM and 6 PM on Thursdays in the UK is fine for me.

I just wish Cryptic's Splash Screen for Neverwinter understood the 24-hour clock.

;)
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    And, by the way, if you just can't stand not playing, you could always just play on Mimic (preview). It's been online this whole time. No, not the same as LIVE, but at least you can get your fix while waiting for them to sort their squirrels out.
  • Options
    mordane44mordane44 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Up to 6 hours downtime now according to logon screen...yikes. I assume it's more than the few updates listed??
  • Options
    xiuhdragonxiuhdragon Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Beholders have taken over Cryptic :confused:
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    I traded 7 coins in on 10 characters about an hour before they took everything offline.

it's fair to say I dodged a bullet there.

You walk with Tymora - blessings be upon thee!

I have tried, but I cannot get my 14 characters to synchronise with their Celestial Coins - or their Ardents. Unless I buy some crapola just to burn some coins off. Ardent Elixirs, Boxes of Enchants and Dread Ring/Sharandar currencies are the only things I buy.
  • Options
    ixotlixotl Member Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    The launcher says 7am-1pm PDT, but dwight's last update indicated (7am) to 12pm (noon) PDT. Which is it? Or has no one updated the sticky's first post?
  • Options
    ghostragecghostragec Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Please give us an Update...Pweeeeeeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzzzz:o
  • Options
    yokki1yokki1 Member Posts: 451 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    will u extend the trade window with the devs to 1 more day cause of the downtime today?
  • Options
    fffswtfffffswtff Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Please give an Update :3
  • Options
    edited October 2014
  • Options
    ghostrageforum1ghostrageforum1 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Update??? please its been long...
  • Options
    cookiecrisp15cookiecrisp15 Banned Users Posts: 532 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    i hope you guys ill do dailys for me at this rate i wont have time for them ._.
    oh and also celestial coin refund.
  • Options
    akromatikakromatik Member Posts: 1
    edited October 2014

Hey guys,

We're still working on getting Neverwinter up and running as soon as possible. We appreciate your patience and support. We will continue to update you as we get more information. As of now, the 12PM PDT time stands.

This discussion has been closed.