test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

I have one word for you...

Comments

• cheesegromitcheesegromit Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    spirals999 wrote: »
    This *should* reduce the annoyance of spamming companion VO in hotspots like sharandar. Reduce, but not completely eliminate.

Expect this change to be implemented in a patch in the next few weeks. Hopefully in the future we will have the resources to implement something better.

Thank you very much for the feedback and update, much appreciated.
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    With the way that Summon VO is triggered currently in the game a more elegant fix for this problem is not immediately possible. An example of an elegant fix would be a UI option to turn off summon VO or coding that allows the Summon VO to only play for the summoning player or only play when summoned by the player as opposed to when loading into a map.

However, we did what we could to at least make this a little more bearable. We first reduced the volume of all Tyranny of Dragons companion summon VO. Then we reduced the max radius at which the vo is audible. Finally, we reduced the max number of playbacks on all TOD companion summon vo so that only one instance of a companions summon vo can play at a given time. What this means is, if a healer spawns while another healer is already playing its VO, the spawning healer's VO will fail.

This *should* reduce the annoyance of spamming companion VO in hotspots like sharandar. Reduce, but not completely eliminate.

Expect this change to be implemented in a patch in the next few weeks. Hopefully in the future we will have the resources to implement something better.

This is awesome, thank you! Now, about that Erniyes companion that comes in the Warlock package...
    "Never let a wound go unavenged!" My only issue with it is how LOUD it is.

(Can you apply these same things to IT?) //justasking.

:)
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited October 2014

Thank you for doing what you could to resolve the issue and going to extra mile to inform us why the more elegant solution could not be implemented at this time. :D
  • truelokastertruelokaster Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2014

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I'm an honest Fighter! and A smart fighter quits while he's ahead!
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    With the way that Summon VO is triggered currently in the game a more elegant fix for this problem is not immediately possible. An example of an elegant fix would be a UI option to turn off summon VO or coding that allows the Summon VO to only play for the summoning player or only play when summoned by the player as opposed to when loading into a map.

However, we did what we could to at least make this a little more bearable. We first reduced the volume of all Tyranny of Dragons companion summon VO. Then we reduced the max radius at which the vo is audible. Finally, we reduced the max number of playbacks on all TOD companion summon vo so that only one instance of a companions summon vo can play at a given time. What this means is, if a healer spawns while another healer is already playing its VO, the spawning healer's VO will fail.

This is some great stuff! What about a global cooldown on allowing companion VO's to play - like say 10-15 seconds or so?
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Coulda just tossed the new cleric into hell to solve the problem, but this works.
  • marc8219marc8219 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    This is a good fix for now but it still doesn't change the fact that the apprentice healer still will say stupid annoying lines. It isn't funny and it isn't cute, it needs to stop. Add the old cleric back to the emporium vendor and also get rid of or change the apprentice healers dialogue.

Why the devs thought making companions act like dorks would be a good idea, it may have been funny the first day but it gets old really fast. Don't forget the stupid animations either like man at arms doing body builder poses needs to stop also.
    Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited October 2014
    Harsh, subjective and I personally disagree.

Remember that opinions are not facts. ;)
  • truelokastertruelokaster Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    marc8219 wrote: »
    This is a good fix for now but it still doesn't change the fact that the apprentice healer still will say stupid annoying lines. It isn't funny and it isn't cute, it needs to stop. Add the old cleric back to the emporium vendor and also get rid of or change the apprentice healers dialogue.

No *Leeches* way!
  • huajia2huajia2 Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Look forward to those changes. A reduction of the repetitive phrases in hotspots will definitely help.
  • grindtoofgrindtoof Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I don't care what anyone says; that voice actor said, 'peaches'.
  • rheeparkrheepark Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    So uh let me get this straight, a fix for the voice spam of 20+ BOT halfling Trickster Rogues healer companions pouring in and out of arcane reservoir?
  • sokolnichiysokolnichiy Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    bioshrike wrote: »
    The bounty master in the Chasm was horrendous when it came to spamming his various phrases... fortunately they toned that down.

If I had to guess, though, I think that companions say their lines whenever someone spawns in, and in PE that happens a lot more than other places...

"Rewards given for thy abominations slain!"

Jee man, i still repeat dat line some times while i'm asleep. (>__<)
  • silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    hustin1 wrote: »
    There is currently a TR bot plague in Sharandar -- apparently they're keeping the Arcane Reservoir quest alive and farming it ad infinitum. Eliminating the bots would eliminate 95% of the healer spam in that zone.

Thanks for noticing. I mentioned this in our guild chat a few nights ago and people didn't believe me. It is so aggravating. In another week or so though, I won't be troubled with running Shar dailies :)
    I aim to misbehave
  • spookymistspookymist Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    "Rewards given for thy abominations slain!"

Jee man, i still repeat dat line some times while i'm asleep. (>__<)

Noooooooooooo, you just planted that back in my head :confused:
  • unholydragonkingunholydragonking Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited October 2014

Wow I never expected this kind of a response when I made this thread... Thank you for taking notice Spirals!! :D
  • iamfungasiamfungas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    tousseau wrote: »
    Ah yes... Sharandar...

Is exactly what made me turn the ingame voices off...
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Wow I never expected this kind of a response when I made this thread... Thank you for taking notice Spirals!! :D

He monitors a dedicated audio bugs thread closely (probably subscribed to it), so as long as you send out the signal there, it will be heard.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • cybercyanidecybercyanide Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 66
    edited October 2014
    hustin1 wrote: »
    There is currently a TR bot plague in Sharandar -- apparently they're keeping the Arcane Reservoir quest alive and farming it ad infinitum. Eliminating the bots would eliminate 95% of the healer spam in that zone.

I hope they managed to squash that account during this maintenance. (Don't laugh) It's quite obnoxious listening to that over and over. I was wishing mightily for an in-game mod when I saw that stream of TR bots there; or a way to block them from getting to the merchant...lol :(
  • epclipseingmoonepclipseingmoon Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    The i have one word for you needs to be changed from leaches to bacon seriously...
    @dimensionallight
    Princess Amber - DC
    Shieldmaiden Amber - GF
    Valkyrie Amber - GWF
    Huntress Amber - HR
  • harkurharkur Member Posts: 305 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    The i have one word for you needs to be changed from leaches to bacon seriously...

Bacon's a pretty good suggestion :) Me, I would go with "ballgag" ;)
  • anatas07anatas07 Member Posts: 164 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    What are those hundreds of rogues doing there anyway ? Just in and out of the reservoir ?
    If you see this and have the answer - PM me or answer real quick because this post will be removed
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    anatas07 wrote: »
    What are those hundreds of rogues doing there anyway ? Just in and out of the reservoir ?

Correct. Most likely farming nodes or enchants
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014

Those are very good changes! Kudos
  • drakonlord56drakonlord56 Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited October 2014

Can you also increase the amount of time between VO. They don't have to say it every 30 seconds or minute. I'm sure very two, three, or five minutes is good. It's funny, I have that Storm archer and she is the quiet type, and I'm wondering when she is going to say something. LoL
  • ivardgnussenivardgnussen Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    zshikara wrote: »
    I always thought he said peaches. I always thought that was random as hell.:)

I love that guy!

I actually thought he was saying "I have one word for you, b**ches!"

Give me a chuckle every time.
  • str8slayerstr8slayer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 715 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    Yeah I'd like a button to shut them up, at least...

And yeah, I thought that guy was saying peaches too lol. I was like... "peaches? why?"...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • todddyb1todddyb1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I have one word for you.... banhammer!
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I thought he said "Stitches!" for the longest time... :o
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    STOP. By the nine hells, please make it stop! I logged into the game only to be greeted with an unending cacophony of the new basic Cleric companion's summoning lines, E.g. "I have one word for you. Leeches." "You're as good as new! Well, nearly." "I do hope your next wound is unique!" and lets not forget, "Could you fight something with a big... club?"

"Could you shut the hell up before I give YOU a unique wound?!" Seriously I must have sat there, grinding my teeth for a good 45 seconds while I heard this unending stream of cleric companion chatter assaulting my sanity!

Please, please, please bring back the old cleric companion, she was quieter and never bothered anyone...

But I digress, that new cleric companion really needs a gag or something before he finds himself being dangled head first over the maw of a Red Dragon! Better yet the maws of Tiamat herself!!
    "I have one word for you. Leeches." so this is what he actually says? i were asking myself "why the hell is he screaming ******** all the ****** day?"
This discussion has been closed.