What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Module 5: Rise of Tiamat is coming!

13»

Comments

• joocycuzzzzzzjoocycuzzzzzz Member Posts: 577 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    luxark wrote: »
    Just wait till they get the idea to increase the levelcap.

I can already feel the ****storm incoming.

Maybe that's the "Big thing" they plan for us in module 6.
    Beta player

One of the many Control Wizards that misses Shard Of The Endless Avalanche. RIP Shard (Beta-Mod3)
  • fridocgoodspeedfridocgoodspeed Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    As a relatively new player I was hoping someone could tell me what happens to the current campaigns I'm working my way through, when Tiamat comes online? I don't think I'll have enough time to complete IWD or Dread before the deadline. Do I try push forward or just wait for the new mod?
    Cheers
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    As a relatively new player I was hoping someone could tell me what happens to the current campaigns I'm working my way through, when Tiamat comes online? I don't think I'll have enough time to complete IWD or Dread before the deadline. Do I try push forward or just wait for the new mod?
    Cheers

Finish them at your own speed. They're not going anywhere.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    luxark wrote: »
    Just wait till they get the idea to increase the levelcap.

Read the Reddit AMA. It's being considered, just not any time soon.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • sillystupidsimonsillystupidsimon Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Hey Akro,

Watched your Tiamat livestream. Please let Michael know that buffing Tiamat might not be such a good idea just yet - on the main server my toon has a GS of 18.7 but on the test server 22.5 GS.

Everyone on the 25 man team that you were playing alongside will more than likely have similar (only on the test server) buffs thanks to the ability to copy any amount of gear into the test server and purchase off hand artifact for 10 silver.

So when Mod5 goes live, please don't buff Tiamat based on test server player capability - it isn't a true reflection of current character capability.

Oh and good luck getting the performance issues sorted before release

Kind regards,

Simon
  • mlsymptommlsymptom Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    interesting
  • megwynnimegwynni Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Hey guys,

having issues playing the game. I'm at the dialog box with the play button and keep getting an error.
  • frillsyfrillsy Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Before Tiamat actually gets her butt in gear and rises, can we have a joke creature spawn?

I have a pitch.

Seriously.

Why not have a heroic encounter right outside the temple in the Well of Dragons, a formidable being worthy of hordes of adventurers battling it, a horrifying hybrid of insane power that players would have undoubtedly heard of in legends whispered around a crackling fire.

21o30wm.png

I present to you the Lagon.
    Half llama, half dragon, wholly fearsome and guaranteed to bring in the masses.

Sure, the Lagon breathes fire (as is stereotypical for a dragon) and spits at enemies (as is stereotypical for a llama), but it's most powerful attacks are Elastic Scream (EXTREME RUBBERBANDING!™, which is a once off slingshot-like effect where you end up on the edge of the Well of Dragons map, on the floor, face down and looking at a rendered spot you'd never realized had even been thought about by the devs) and Stuttering Cry (all affected are in a state of lag for 6 interspersed periods of 4 seconds).

It'd be fun.
  • jselleckjselleck Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Okay so the Rise of Tiamat as been active for a while. Has anyone besides me had problems collecting those dang dragon treasure coffers? I must have played NW for like 13 hrs tuesday and only collected 20 of the stupid things. I was soooo frustrated. And it's not like there are any other quests being offered while that one is going on either. You either play it or you don't get any experience for killilng stuff. You just get junk. And who's bright idea was it to give you like a ton of dragon enchantments whenever you complete a heroic quest? I had like 40 of them after only two days. I ended up putting them up on the auction house because I didn't need them. I think the gms need to do some serious rework on this area. I'm almost dreading next thursday when her highness makes her appearance. Hope they didn't screw that up too bad.
  • roscopattersonroscopatterson Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Hey guys, I feel a little dumb for posting this.
    Basically, I cannot figure out what the "Tiamat is coming" event is about. At this point, it only has one day left, and i'm wondering if there is some content I am suppose to explore before the event ends. The event description offers basically nothing but a story and no explanation of how to participate.

On top of that, I am also a little confused about how to play the new mod content. Where is the beggining quest for the tiamat content or is there something else you have to do?

If anyone could help me answer these questions,much appreciated. Thanks, and happy questing
  • cyniklecynikle Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I see your Lagon and raise you the most foul, cruel, and bad-tempered rodent you ever set eyes on!

The_Rabbit_of_Caerbannog.jpg

Dare you face the dreaded Rabbit of Caerbannog? Nay, I say that you would soil your armour , it's got a vicious streak a mile wide and would do you up a treat!
  • rifter1969rifter1969 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Hey guys, I feel a little dumb for posting this.
    Basically, I cannot figure out what the "Tiamat is coming" event is about. At this point, it only has one day left, and i'm wondering if there is some content I am suppose to explore before the event ends. The event description offers basically nothing but a story and no explanation of how to participate.

On top of that, I am also a little confused about how to play the new mod content. Where is the beggining quest for the tiamat content or is there something else you have to do?

If anyone could help me answer these questions,much appreciated. Thanks, and happy questing

Tiamat is Coming Event is the actual fight with Tiamat... a 20 person match from what I hear.

As to start off the new area Well of Dragons (WoD) there should be a new location on the world map, its down in the bottom right hand corner where Icespire Peak is.. go there and then ride to the base camp area and talk to Elminster. He will give you the initial quests for the area.

hope that helps.
  • micclark13micclark13 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    rifter1969 wrote: »
    Tiamat is Coming Event is the actual fight with Tiamat... a 20 person match from what I hear.

As to start off the new area Well of Dragons (WoD) there should be a new location on the world map, its down in the bottom right hand corner where Icespire Peak is.. go there and then ride to the base camp area and talk to Elminster. He will give you the initial quests for the area.

hope that helps.

So, do you have to cash in the coffers four times to get to Tiamat, is that what the hoard defender...etc is? I have 2 notches.
  • k0lpazk0lpaz Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    akromatik wrote: »
    We've got a brand-new trailer announcing our upcoming module Rise of Tiamat!

Check it out!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEcNR0s9seY

To learn more about the upcoming module check out our blog:
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/7007073-coming-soon%3A-rise-of-tiamat

clap clap... i have to say this is the most bugged version of a patch i have ever played in a game.... you did a great job nubs
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    The thread is no longer relevant with the release of the Tiamat encounter, and mod 5 launched over a month ago. Please direct all feedback concerning Mod 5 and Tiamat to the provided sticky, "The Battle with Tiamat--Going Forward"
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
This discussion has been closed.