test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tyranny of Dragons progress lost and now "locked"

myles08807myles08807 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 409 Arc User
edited September 2014 in Bug Reports (PC)
As I collected my fourth of five "Assist the Zhentarim" rewards yesterday my progress in that area was reset and the task now says "Locked" even though I had make significant progress with this alt.
Post edited by myles08807 on

Comments

• affenovskyaffenovsky Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I have same problem i have 4/5 in assist the zhentarian and now is locked
  • rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Same problem here on my HR. :(
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• sprawlfxsprawlfx Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I am not sure if it is the same thing, but I still cannot progress on the campaign for ToD. Basically, if I completed a node, but did not start the next one, I am stuck. I can continue a node that I have begun.. have not completed one since patch, so I cannot say if completing it now will unlock the next.

So for example.. one of my characters has completed Order of the Gauntlet, but has not begun Lord's Alliance. So nothing is available to him.
    Another is 2/3 of Order of the Gauntlet, and it appears that I can do the third one once I do one more run.

All of my characters are in one of the two situations directly above. Except-

A character has the campaign marked 100% complete and has no issues.

So was not this morning's patch intended to fix this? Or did I miss a post about it?
  • hubcityhubcity Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I thought I read that emergency maintenance today fixed the problem. I noticed a small update when I logged on. My friend said his appeared to be fixed.

However, my GF is still locked at "Assist the Emerald Enclave", and the preceding advancement are completed and I cannot advance.

Please fix this for all characters and accounts.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited September 2014
    Just to make sure, as the OP was posted before this morning's maintenance even started (Maintenance was at 7am PDT, OP was posted at 4am PDT). Are you all still having your campaign tasks lock up?
    edited September 2014
    Zebular,
    I haven't had any change since Thursday's patch. I had the problem yesterday, but as several others had already reported it, I just decided to wait it out. I saw that today's patch was supposed to fix it (if I was reading it right.)

But it didn't change anything for me. Every step (or node, like Order of the Gauntlet) on every character that has not had at least one mark of advancement done, is locked. Even if all the steps before it are completed. So one that should be available, at 0/3 tasks done, is still locked. (It should be gold, as in I have the components and can do it, or red, as in- I could do it if only I had 3 more rolls of arcane <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. XD)
  • maicakatmaicakat Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Zebular - just went in after patching from Thursday & this morning (never signed in on Thurs). My TR is stuck with 4/5 of the Zhentarim campaign as well. Just picked up today's quest and it is giving me day 1 quests for Neverdeath graveyard.
  • panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer
    edited September 2014
    Please make sure that you have done the quest mentioned in the campaign task for that zone for progress to complete. This was not previously the case, it is however now. The zone quest givers are the ones who have these quests.

If you have completed these quests and are still unable to make progress, please PM me your character and @handle. Thanks!
    edited September 2014
    I'll go test that right now, thanks. Although I have done nothing but that to this point...

OK. At least in my case, it appears that I just ended off between sections when Thursday's patch came. Bad coincidence made me think I was bugged.

Thanks for setting me straight. =)
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Oh man, you changed it so you can't do the campaign tasks without questing if you picked up enough trinkets on the weekend that you should have been able to run a few days' worth even if you have no time to run around and do stuff?

You're killing me.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • smokewillrisesmokewillrise Member Posts: 3
    edited September 2014
    zebular wrote: »
    Just to make sure, as the OP was posted before this morning's maintenance even started (Maintenance was at 7am PDT, OP was posted at 4am PDT). Are you all still having your campaign tasks lock up?

As of 2pm PDT, I am still locked out of ToD progress. Previous tasks are fully completed, but unable unlock the next level. I had 2-3 tasks accomplished, and then got locked out yesterday.

In short, YES..... some are still having issues.
  • darkdraykendarkdrayken Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I'm not locked in anymore except that I lost two days of progression on the campaign. Mine locked when I turned in the 4/5 on zhentarim. I just logged on today after patch and it got rollbacked at 2/5.

• zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited September 2014
    As of 2pm PDT, I am still locked out of ToD progress. Previous tasks are fully completed, but unable unlock the next level. I had 2-3 tasks accomplished, and then got locked out yesterday.

In short, YES..... some are still having issues.
    I'm not locked in anymore except that I lost two days of progression on the campaign. Mine locked when I turned in the 4/5 on zhentarim. I just logged on today after patch and it got rollbacked at 2/5.
    Please read Panderus' post and follow his instructions. Thanks!
    panderus wrote: »
    Please make sure that you have done the quest mentioned in the campaign task for that zone for progress to complete. This was not previously the case, it is however now. The zone quest givers are the ones who have these quests.

If you have completed these quests and are still unable to make progress, please PM me your character and @handle. Thanks!
    Safe travels,
    Archmage Zebular of Mystryl

PWE Community Moderator
  • smokewillrisesmokewillrise Member Posts: 3
    edited September 2014
    The problem that I had was resolved by doing the following:

Read the instructions for the particular area that you are to be doing the tasks in. (ie Neverdeath Graveyard, Icespire Peak, Rothe Valley, etc.) and get the tasks from the person in that area.

As the post earlier stated, progress not obtained in the corect area will no longer count.

Hope this helps :)
  • hubcityhubcity Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    My toon is good now, was able to complete the zone quest (different than before) and now it unlocked.

thanks
  • jimmygee1jimmygee1 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Hi panderus i couldn't pm you but my campaign is still stuck...and I think I was either 1/5 or 2/5 but now it has locked. On Assist the Zentrum
  • stepinestepine Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    The problem that I had was resolved by doing the following:

Read the instructions for the particular area that you are to be doing the tasks in. (ie Neverdeath Graveyard, Icespire Peak, Rothe Valley, etc.) and get the tasks from the person in that area.

As the post earlier stated, progress not obtained in the corect area will no longer count.

Hope this helps :)

Thanks,works fine now ;)
  • jimmygee1jimmygee1 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    My campaign is still locked..I visited every npc quest giver for previous tasks and it still doesn't unlock...I was already 1/5 going on 2/5 then after maintenance it locked up completely. I sent tickets and they keep referring me to the emergency maintenance patch notes but my campaign is still locked...
  • johnsnow79johnsnow79 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Me too. My campaign is locked, i am 3/5 but after last two patches i can't start 4/5. I have all i need for go to 4/5, but progression is impossible.
  • maicakatmaicakat Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Okay - after sending the PM to panderus as instructed I went into the game yesterday and checked the quests/campaign again. This time I was not given the start of the campaign's neverdeath quests. I got the Ebon Downs quests, went and did them then turned them in. I was then able to advance within the campaign tree.

My suggestion - do whatever quests you are given and see if their completion allows you to continue.
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    As instructions have been given for resolution of this issue and the steps to take if your issue is not properly resolved by the devs, I'm going to close this thread as further reports would be redundant.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
This discussion has been closed.