test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[Connection Issues] Thread for 09/18/2014 Disconnects and Connection Issues.

rlrobrrlrobr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited September 2014 in Bug Reports (PC)
I got disconnected and I can't get into the game again. Anyone else having this problem?
Post edited by rlrobr on

Comments

• Options
    dbone381971dbone381971 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    rlrobr wrote: »
    I got disconnected and I can't get into the game again. Anyone else having this problem?

yep same here
  • Options
    jasonbhoy7jasonbhoy7 Member Posts: 53
    edited September 2014
    yeah, it happened about ten mins ago, then me and a few guildies got back in, but now its down again.
  • Options
    jorifice1jorifice1 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Yup, down for me too.

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • Options
    fleebnessfleebness Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Heh, yeah, I was knocked off several minutes ago (in a rather riveting fight, too), and have not been able to coerce a connection since.

I expect they're having some extreme technical difficulties with the new patch.
  • Options
    bishopksbishopks Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    yeah, not responding...again - time out :(
  • Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    My launcher took several minutes to load, then it was stuck for a few minutes at "Loading, please wait..."

Then, as I was typing this: this popup appeared:

NW_login_failure.jpg

Gremlins in the cloud.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    stevebobbstevebobb Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 47
    edited September 2014
    ahh, good, thought it was just me.

also noticed a message that there is more maintenance tonight, starting at 8:00 PST.
  • Options
    fleebnessfleebness Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Heh, the server status icon is now invisible on my machine, although, amusingly, some text reads:

"The website is experiencing technical difficulties. Normal game play is not affected."

(I suspect that isn't 100% accurate).
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    The Hamsters are dead again.
    Quick! Someone deploy the Emergency Backup Chinchillas!

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • Options
    the1weaselthe1weasel Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    same here...was just killing the last boss in cn....

connection timed out => tried to relogged - worked => tried to go back to instance => gameserver timed out.

Tried to relog => Accountserver timed out.
    Starting launcher: Loading Please wait.

• Options
    edited September 2014
    Heh... I wonder if this will result in another Caturday cape?
  • Options
    arcanaxearcanaxe Member Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    What is happening at the moment, everybody is losing connections??
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited September 2014
    I just logged in fine and seen many full PE instances. I then got abruptly disconnected and cannot get back in either.

We're looking into it!

Just an FYI:
    There is emergency maintenance in a few hours:

"We will be performing shard maintenance on September 18 from 8:00-9:30 PM Pacific time (0300-0430 UTC)."

Safe travels,
    Archmage Zebular of Mystryl

PWE Community Moderator
  • Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    This happened last night around 10-11pm, too.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    cayappcayapp Member Posts: 826 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Just crashed for me...can't log in...stuck at connecting to log in server screen.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    With any luck they are fixing the ToD Lockout Issue.
    Hey, a boy can dream, can't he?
    O.K. a portly, bearded thirty-something can dream ;)

• Options
    niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    So I am not the only one locked out of TOD advancement?
  • Options
    nyterazor#4638 nyterazor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Randomly people have been getting booted off the servers. I experienced it myself. This is why they have maintenance scheduled again later today.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited September 2014
    niadan wrote: »
    So I am not the only one locked out of TOD advancement?
    Please stay on topic.
    Tyranny of Dragons Campaign Tasks - Unable to Progress.

Safe travels,

PWE Community Moderator
  • Options
    niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    zebular wrote: »
    Please stay on topic.
    Tyranny of Dragons Campaign Tasks - Unable to Progress.

Safe travels,

PWE Community Moderator

Sry ZEB!...Thanks for the link.
  • Options
    pilipino93pilipino93 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    mm hopefully the maitenance tonight will fix most of the dcs >_<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    This may have subsided, as reportedly STO had the same issues at the same time. Players and Moderators are reporting being able to connect and stay connected just fine now. We'll try and find out what's going on. Please report here if this keeps happening.

Update: It's being reported to happening again, with a vengeance, in NWO, STO, and CO. Looks like it may be related to the earlier Cryptic Network issues, coupled with ongoing "Net Neutrality" issues. We'll post more when we know more!

Safe travels,

PWE Community Moderator
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Managed to get back in and finish a skirmish, so that's good. Interesting problem.
  • Options
    lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    The maintenance tonight is to fix a ToD progression issue. I would surmise that the login difficulties stem as a residual effect of this morning's network maintenance.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • Options
    cayappcayapp Member Posts: 826 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Keep getting server not responding anywhere from 40 secs to over 5 mins count up. Several disconnects as well. This is not normal for my connection. Zone chat for the siege is full of people giving their server not responding time. This also was happening in the skirmish both epic and non epic so gave up and went back to the siege. The lag/server not responding seems to be random.

Oh you can still chat in whatever channel you chat is set to and send/receive tells during the lengthy server not responding count up
  • Options
    empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I haven't been able to finish patching...it goes a little bit more each time and then just stops...200 MB more to go...looks like I miss out on a day...hope I can still get everything with missing today. :(
  • Options
    blacksladdiblacksladdi Member Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    still happening as I am having problems with being able to stay in game, load the client to get to load the game (that popup thing where you see your game patching and verifying) and then a huge "server not responding" that ticks to like 120 or more and then hey you can now do something then it repeats until you alt + f4) and start this whole loop again.