Install Arc
Options

Scourge Warlock Guide

Comments

• Options
    voltomeyvoltomey Member Posts: 1,052 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    alkemist80 wrote: »
    How high of Int are you looking at? I rolled a half orc for the extra crit severity, they aren't the brightest, so my Int right now is only 14. Not sure if I want to start dumping points into Int instead of Cha. I started with high Con and Cha.

For temptation spec its Important to have highest con you can get 24 or more with the belt cuase compound soul uses 5% of your maximum HP to give temporary HP to the party secondly Recovery is Important cause having faster recharges means more skill usage and better DPS that's why i have my Int at 20 My Cha stood at 18 cause it is kinda borked so i just stacked more crit. I am bragonborn btw so Int and Con bonus it was 18 con 14 Int and 16 Cha.
    Gang Busters PvP Guild Recruiting When Mod 6 goes live Pm Me for more Info If you have any Paladin question Message Me and i will get back to you ASAP
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    alkemist80alkemist80 Member Posts: 957 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Thanks for all the info, from everyone, even if they got removed.

Looks like I will be putting more into Int then. Kind of kicking myself for not taking some points into cool down reduction feats, but I'll see what it's like at 60. No point respeccing now.
    Banshee (Devotion Justice Oathbound Paladin) - Crueladevil (Soulbinder Damnation Scourge Warlock) - Sindania Balefire (Master Infiltrator Trickster Rogue)

werewolf.jpg
  • Options
    championshewolfchampionshewolf Member Posts: 601 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Currently level 53, I have 20 in CON, INT and CHA so looking at having 21 in all three at level 60.

As far as feats go, I have 5/5 energized curse (cause I couldn't read) and plan to swap that to 2/5 with 3/3 in weapon mastery. The rest of my Feats are;

2/5 Shadow Fold
    3/3 Empowered Rituals
    2/5 Determined Casting
    3/3 Soul Reaping
    2/5 Blood Pact of Cania
    3/3 Devastating Critical

The rest is in Temptation so far with starting a bit of Damnation now. I maxed out the following Temptation Feats;

Hope Stealer
    Paragon Power
    Aura of Despair
    Eldritch Momentum
    Soul Bonding

Damnation I am planning these;

Relentless Curse
    Syphoning Curse

So far my goal is to make a DPS healing spec warlock and the few skirmishes I have been in it has worked really, really well. Of course I am just experimenting but it's working well, and my recovery is excellent I have little downtime with my powers and I am constantly throwing them out with little need to at-willing as it currently stands. I am focusing on power, life steal and crtitical hit for gear stats with armor penetration as a follow up.

I use the following powers;

Passives;
    No Pity, No Mercy
    Prince of Hell

At Wills;
    Hand of Blight
    Hellish Rebuke

Encounters;
    Dreadtheft
    Vampiric Embrace
    Firebolt (for AE power, swap with Warlock's Bargain sometimes for single target encounters)

Dailies;
    Accursed Souls (for big crowds)
    Flames of Phlegethos (though going to experiment with Gates of Hell soon)

That's my temptation healing spec I am trying for so far and planning to experiment with more powers as I unlock them. Personal opinion for me is even if Hand of Blight seems to be a better at-will than Eldritch Blast damage wise, even if it is slower casting at range. But mileage may vary.

Since I am focused intently on the healing aspect of being a warlock I might try and come up with some guides after I hit 60 and have experimented a bit.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    i dont think i touched on gate of hell but remember every thing between you and the gate get hit with heavy fire dmg not were you open the gate
    Gang Busters PvP Guild Recruiting When Mod 6 goes live Pm Me for more Info If you have any Paladin question Message Me and i will get back to you ASAP
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    voltomey wrote: »
    i dont think i touched on gate of hell but remember every thing between you and the gate get hit with heavy fire dmg not were you open the gate

Oh i am quite aware :) Just tested it and so far I am liking it but Phlem whatever is probably still better in the long run for that single target.
  • Options
    panteleeleepanteleelee Member Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    hm what feat path is DPS??
    i think Fury is DPS?!
    Damnation is PVP and Temptation is support healing, alright?

Taylor DC/DO & AC Buff/Debuff - Guild Gutbusters Brigade - PVE
    May the Torm of Understanding guide us!
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Should post a video demonstrating creeping death. Sounds good, but is still rather confusing.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Oh i am quite aware :) Just tested it and so far I am liking it but Phlem whatever is probably still better in the long run for that single target.

Its also the best Burst heal daily for a temptation warlock it can hit harder then a mah ****in ice knife
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    eernaceernac Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Very impressive guide! Thank you in the name of the crowd! :)
    Gonna treat Cha like a secondary stats the crits nice But the armor pen and recharge from int seem better and the dmg from Con and the hp is just better all around.

Is it better now? Can you post your starting stats please?

Im wondering starting a tiefling or dragonborn. Also cannot decide which tree fury or damnation... (my main aim would be pvp)

You wrote in the first post:
    Dragonborn Fury (You have a 5% chance when attacking a foe to apply Dragonborn Fury to yourself for 6 seconds, increasing your Power and Critical Strike by 3%)
    But in the character creation window if I hower on that 3rd box it doest say chance. 5% chance doesnt sound much... :/
  • Options
    danntedairondanntedairon Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Hey guys,
    is Damnation the best for PvP? And race, still halfling for pvp or any other?

See ya!
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    The dragonborn racial is broken atm and it dosent seem to be a 5% it seems more of a always on passive skill now the healing bonus surly dose work though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    hudman21hudman21 Member Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I have to say that Dread was annoying at first, but as soon as you learn how to position yourself for the blast, if the trash is around the big boy mob, then I can clean out a room full of trash while doing a focus fire on the big boy. I agree with the assessment that the skill is too powerful not to have it in the mix.

Dreadtheft is a beast once you learn how to work with it. I'm level 51 atm and it hasn't come off my bar.

Tip: Learn to walk backwards and strafe left/right. I hit the biggest mob and using the method above I am taking out large groups at a time.

Loaded up with some Life Steal, crit and power and I have very little potion/down time. Fiery Bolt is nice in the mix too.
    Life is full of drains, I prefer to be a fountain
  • Options
    bananachefbananachef Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Anyone else find all the dailies rather lackluster in PVP?

Brood's cc is too short and most other dailies are straight damage. I'm thinking it's worthwhile to slot Flames of Empowerment and get more out of my Warlock Bargains, etc.
    2 GWFS, 3 TRs, 2 GFs, 1 HR, 1 CW
  • Options
    souleshasoulesha Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I agree, the dailies aren't very PvP friendly. For instance... Flames of Phlegablah has a long start up that's relatively easy to interrupt.

Does anyone use Blades of Vanquished Armies to good effect?

It'll be interesting to see what powers the obligatory 2nd paragon path will have.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    hudman21 wrote: »
    Dreadtheft is a beast once you learn how to work with it. I'm level 51 atm and it hasn't come off my bar.

Tip: Learn to walk backwards and strafe left/right. I hit the biggest mob and using the method above I am taking out large groups at a time.

Loaded up with some Life Steal, crit and power and I have very little potion/down time. Fiery Bolt is nice in the mix too.

One of the few times you will actually hear someone suggest to you to backpeddle hehe. And I whole heartily agree.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    The only two dailys i use for PvP are gate of hell and brood gates is funny every one think they will get hit were it spawns and will move out of the way to avoid getting hit some people walk right is front of it die and get insta executed
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    lordoadumbratelordoadumbrate Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    An important question just occurred to me, does our curse mechanic work on bosses, and when I say bosses I mean dungeon bosses? Because if it does, then I think that would give credence to using harrowstorm and comboing it, like voltomey said, with Tyrannical Threat...Simply put, use the daily, throw the curse on the boss and two other mobs that are all grouped together and then harrowstorm...The only problem would be that this probably would agro everything on you but if you kill off the mobs and do a decent amount of damage to a boss, then it would be worth it...Especially if you have a GF with you that could move agro to him/her.
  • Options
    danntedairondanntedairon Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Hey dudes,
    somebody know say me if is Damnation the best for PvP? And race, still halfling for pvp or some other?

See ya!
  • Options
    bananachefbananachef Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I'm not geared enough to make the call but Damnation seems better for PVP. Having a permanent summon is very handy if only to soak up mis-aimed single target spells.

Also getting a veeeeeeery weird bug, which I believe may be linked to the T4 Life Steal feat. Occasionally after dying, I will resurrect myself on the spot with ~1% HP. Sometimes this happens multiple times even after getting executed.

Since the Soul Puppet stays alive after you die, I'm guessing there might be some buggy lifesteal mechanic wherein the Soul Puppet slaps someone, and I heal back alive with 15% of the damage it did.
    2 GWFS, 3 TRs, 2 GFs, 1 HR, 1 CW
  • Options
    alkemist80alkemist80 Member Posts: 957 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    So far I'm level 46 temptation and once I hit the 40's, I can really feel the "support" class coming into play. Enemies are harder to kill, it's harder for me to stay alive. I've leveled a DC to 60 and it's starting to feel the same way except I don't have quite the healing powers. I've swapped to a the yeti pet for a tank and I pull aggro left and right still and I have no abilities to keep it alive. Certainly not trashing or saying anything bad, as it's no indication of what level 60 will be, but I notice it's more of a struggle. I don't use any twink gear besides the dragonbone grimore that dropped.

I've also noticed that warlock abilities seem to take forever to activate. It's hard to get any dailies off before having to try to attack a big patch of red. Hand of Blight (ranged) and Hellish Rebuke are frustrating slow to activate.

So far I use this for leveling/questing:

Fiery bolt, Dreadtheft and Harrowstorm (will be swapping FB for VE for group play)
    Hand of Blight, Hellish Rebuke
    No Pity, No Mercy, Deadly Curse
    Tyrannical Threat, Flames of Philegethos
    Banshee (Devotion Justice Oathbound Paladin) - Crueladevil (Soulbinder Damnation Scourge Warlock) - Sindania Balefire (Master Infiltrator Trickster Rogue)

werewolf.jpg
  • Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    So far I'm level 46 temptation and once I hit the 40's, I can really feel the "support" class coming into play. Enemies are harder to kill, it's harder for me to stay alive. I've leveled a DC to 60 and it's starting to feel the same way except I don't have quite the healing powers. I've swapped to a the yeti pet for a tank and I pull aggro left and right still and I have no abilities to keep it alive. Certainly not trashing or saying anything bad, as it's no indication of what level 60 will be, but I notice it's more of a struggle. I don't use any twink gear besides the dragonbone grimore that dropped.

I've also noticed that warlock abilities seem to take forever to activate. It's hard to get any dailies off before having to try to attack a big patch of red. Hand of Blight (ranged) and Hellish Rebuke are frustrating slow to activate.

Fiery bolt, Dreadtheft and Harrowstorm (will be swapping FB for VE for group play)
    Why hand of blight? For other than fury who needs the necro damage, I think (note think, I'm not 100%) that eldritch blast will be the higher dps at will.
  • Options
    demonkyuubidemonkyuubi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    anyone know exactly how aura of cruelty feat works for temptation warlocks? does it turn 10% life-steal into 15% or 10.5%?
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    bananachef wrote: »
    I'm not geared enough to make the call but Damnation seems better for PVP. Having a permanent summon is very handy if only to soak up mis-aimed single target spells.

Also getting a veeeeeeery weird bug, which I believe may be linked to the T4 Life Steal feat. Occasionally after dying, I will resurrect myself on the spot with ~1% HP. Sometimes this happens multiple times even after getting executed.

Since the Soul Puppet stays alive after you die, I'm guessing there might be some buggy lifesteal mechanic wherein the Soul Puppet slaps someone, and I heal back alive with 15% of the damage it did.

Yes its to do with the puppets life steal feats i think mentioned that in another thread any way i am almost done i will put up the damnation part of the guide after i get some sleep
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited August 2014

You will not be able to keep any thing alive until you get the capstone up until then your just a lackluster mage drop hand of blight it really sucks unless used by fury warlocks tbh and eldrich is a AoE on the last cast if you lvl 46 you probably wanna drop fire bolt and get warlocks it will help better sustain you drop harrowing also and just bring vampire dread vamp and warlocks bargain will get you the best bang for you buck at that lvl imho.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    crystal892fcrystal892f Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    bananachef wrote: »

This bug is not limited to Damnation. I'm nearly full Fury and yesterday in Gauntlgrym, a group zerged me to death, so I left my fingers off my keyboard waiting for respawn, got resurrected (I have no armor enchantment), got killed, got resurrected again, got killed again and THEN stayed death. I think I wasn't the only surprised one at that moment, lol
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    This bug is not limited to Damnation. I'm nearly full Fury and yesterday in Gauntlgrym, a group zerged me to death, so I left my fingers off my keyboard waiting for respawn, got resurrected (I have no armor enchantment), got killed, got resurrected again, got killed again and THEN stayed death. I think I wasn't the only surprised one at that moment, lol

Was there a temptation warlock in your group cus thats the only other time that bug happens their capstone will res you other then that its all damnation warlocks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    charononus wrote: »
    Why hand of blight? For other than fury who needs the necro damage, I think (note think, I'm not 100%) that eldritch blast will be the higher dps at will.

Hand of Blight does more damage it feels. Eldritch Blast if it does more DPS it is far from apparent to me. Furthermore, hand of blight is great for temptation locks because of the damage debuffing it provides. No getting into melee is not hard, enemies really aren't that dangerous and the support role is stronger with temptation, but I definitely didn't slow down any. You just have to learn how to pick your fights and curse well and use all your elements. I've leveled a level 60 cleric, and the cleric took far longer to level than my temptation lock which is a lot more fun.

And I know it does well because I ended up having to tank the final boss in epic Cragmore. A lot of sticking a moving, dropping down bargain's on top of dreadthefts and kiting to hell and back, but a well played temptation lock would undoubtedly round out teams that need that extra support heal for their clerics.
  • Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Hand of Blight does more damage it feels. Eldritch Blast if it does more DPS it is far from apparent to me. Furthermore, hand of blight is great for temptation locks because of the damage debuffing it provides. No getting into melee is not hard, enemies really aren't that dangerous and the support role is stronger with temptation, but I definitely didn't slow down any. You just have to learn how to pick your fights and curse well and use all your elements. I've leveled a level 60 cleric, and the cleric took far longer to level than my temptation lock which is a lot more fun.

And I know it does well because I ended up having to tank the final boss in epic Cragmore. A lot of sticking a moving, dropping down bargain's on top of dreadthefts and kiting to hell and back, but a well played temptation lock would undoubtedly round out teams that need that extra support heal for their clerics.

The reason I think it's more dps is while HoB hits harder it's also slower than EB and EB has an AoE component which as we all know is king since the general theory in the game is adds adds adds.
  • Options
    crystal892fcrystal892f Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Was there a temptation warlock in your group
    Hmm, I don't know anymore. Might be.
    their capstone will res you other then that its all damnation warlocks
    It will? Well, this is not stated in the tooltip - is this "special effect" intended?
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Hmm, I don't know anymore. Might be.

It will? Well, this is not stated in the tooltip - is this "special effect" intended?

Its the same bug as with the puppet life steal feat that damnation warlocks have. Any way can i request my guide be moved to the warlock forums now plz.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]