test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Is it just me or the ZAX is now stable?

brun2000brun2000 Member Posts: 244 Arc User
edited August 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Its been 3 days that its sitting arround 13.7kk - 13.2kk AD.

If that is the case, I think cryptic should make an event to celebrate Mod4 and put the Zen Store accepting AD at a 525 Ad per Zen... Its their chance!
Post edited by brun2000 on

Comments

• Options
    myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Corrected!!!!
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    ... Can't edit the title :(

EDIT: If a mod can see this, can you edit the title for me pls?
  • Options
    kaiserschmarrnkaiserschmarrn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 390
    edited August 2014
    Seems the backlog did not get longer since 24 hours. But this might be related to the recent ban wave. Less AD in the circulation since the exploiters got kicked out of the air lock.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Seems the backlog did not get longer since 24 hours. But this might be related to the recent ban wave. Less AD in the circulation since the exploiters got kicked out of the air lock.

Well, its working anyways!
  • Options
    chaostheorysevenchaostheoryseven Member Posts: 84
    edited August 2014
    It's a good thing it stopped rising. That way you'll be able to tell exactly how much mod4 release is gonna make it skyrocket, lol.
    My guess is from 13M to 20M within 48hrs, 72 tops.
    I love to burst bubbles.
  • Options
    mrgiggles651mrgiggles651 Member Posts: 790 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    We dont know why it's stable. Cryptic could be stabilizing it by creating zen with a few mouse clicks and selling on the market for instance.
    I wasted five million AD promoting the Foundry.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    We dont know why it's stable. Cryptic could be stabilizing it by creating zen with a few mouse clicks and selling on the market for instance.

OFC, why not give free money out there? ... Get out
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    There are lots of possibilities about why it is stable - for instance some people may have just given up on getting ZEN, and cancelled their orders.

It would be interesting to see, though whether the ZAX spikes a lot once the prices of the new MOD 4 ZEN items are revealed.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    brun2000 wrote: »
    OFC, why not give free money out there? ... Get out
    It happens in the real world. Why think it couldnt possibly be happening in the game?
  • Options
    frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Well lets just say with a few says before mod 4, it is expected for a zen spike. This is the least likely time for it to stabilise so maybe action against the exploiters did help *shrug*.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    It would be odd that the new mod zen spike was so evenly balanced by the lowering effect of bans.
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    frishter wrote: »
    Well lets just say with a few says before mod 4, it is expected for a zen spike. This is the least likely time for it to stabilise so maybe action against the exploiters did help *shrug*.
    It would be odd that the new mod zen spike was so evenly balanced by the lowering effect of bans.

Pretty much the second statement says it all. Of course it doesn't prove anything, but is nevertheless rather suggestive.
  • Options
    zoiks100zoiks100 Member Posts: 355 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I'd imagine it has a lot more to do with the fact that pretty much everyone realizes that any zen bids placed now have a snowball's chance in a very hot place of being fulfilled by Thursday.

I'd expect it will begin shooting up again once more details about the new lockbox, warlock pack, etc. are released, or after the patch itself hits.
    Don't Panic.
    airplane-2-o.gif
    Okay, Panic.
  • Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited August 2014

It's far more likely that some people have finally given up and quit the ZAX or even the game. It stabilizing without some outside influences in terms of sinks is a very negative thing for the game.
  • Options
    vader6139vader6139 Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    charononus wrote: »
    It's far more likely that some people have finally given up and quit the ZAX or even the game. It stabilizing without some outside influences in terms of sinks is a very negative thing for the game.

I'd agree with this assessment. Even though I have noticed prices in the AH coming back in line to previous levels, at least with T2 and T3 sets.
  • Options
    angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    vader6139 wrote: »
    I'd agree with this assessment. Even though I have noticed prices in the AH coming back in line to previous levels, at least with T2 and T3 sets.

This means the value of AD is increasing again. And when it has increased enough I will have interest again. I can't speak intentionally for others, but I know I do when I say I have a LOT of Zen sitting around doing nothing. But nothing of interest in the Zen Market right now and AD does't have enough worth (and no: I do NOT exploit other players by circumventing ZAX through Zen market). Lower prices in the AH means higher value for AD, which means it eventually comes back in-line with the value of Zen. That's when the backlog will start correcting itself.

So currently $1 is worth 50,000 AD (at 500:1 AD:Zen).

Therefore it's $10 for a 500,000 Armor set. But if it drops to 50,000 (exaggeration, I know) - it now only costs $1 instead of $10 - now I'm interested in actually buying. So I'll trade my Zen for the AD to buy that 50,000 Armor, but no way in hell for a 500,000 Armor. (Just examples to make my point).
  • Options
    killzoneexkillzoneex Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited August 2014

Now that folks can't pull AD out of thin air it does put things their proper perspective. Of course the Zax would appear broken when folks are generating unlimited AD. So why would it surprise anyone that it's stabilized, in fact I would expect a decline, now that the exploit has been fixed?
  • Options
    frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited August 2014

It still seems like an odd time to give up.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    It still seems like an odd time to give up.

Not really. Before it was a 5-6 day wait. Today marks some people getting a 14 day wait and still not having received. The wait time has grown a lot in the past two weeks and people are now getting evidence of just how bad it is.
  • Options
    bernatkbernatk Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    brun2000 wrote: »
    Its been 3 days that its sitting arround 13.7kk - 13.2kk AD.

If that is the case, I think cryptic should make an event to celebrate Mod4 and put the Zen Store accepting AD at a 525 Ad per Zen... Its their chance!

Nope, Exchange is dead. I have an order sitting in the queue for 2 weeks now.
    JMYwySk.jpg
  • Options
    cloud990plcloud990pl Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    bernatk wrote: »
    Nope, Exchange is dead. I have an order sitting in the queue for 2 weeks now.

Dunno about that, my orders usually are fitted in a week
  • Options
    fantasycharacterfantasycharacter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 675 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I have had an offer in for 2 weeks+ made it on a Sunday 2 weeks ago I think. So ~16 days now. (checked was actually 13 days)
  • Options
    akemnosakemnos Member Posts: 597 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    not possible unless you posted at less than 500 per.

2 weeks from sunday was the 27th. I posted on the 29th and mine was filled:

10 Aug 2014 13:56 Akemnos withdrew 500 from Exchange Balance.

8 Aug 2014 22:46 Purchased 500 for 500 each.

29 Jul 2014 09:20 Akemnos transferred 250000 from the Personal Balance to the Exchange Balance

29 Jul 2014 09:20 Akemnos offered to buy 500 for 500 each.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    akemnos wrote: »
    not possible unless you posted at less than 500 per.

2 weeks from sunday was the 27th. I posted on the 29th and mine was filled:

10 Aug 2014 13:56 Akemnos withdrew 500 from Exchange Balance.

8 Aug 2014 22:46 Purchased 500 for 500 each.

29 Jul 2014 09:20 Akemnos transferred 250000 from the Personal Balance to the Exchange Balance

29 Jul 2014 09:20 Akemnos offered to buy 500 for 500 each.

Well I posted 24 hours after you and haven't gotten anything yet, and that was at 500:1 so..... Now 2 weeks is still a couple days away for me but....
  • Options
    smulchsmulch Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 625 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Nearly at 13 ½ days without my order filled.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    that may be true. I had a second offer in posted on the 6th that hasn't been filled yet. The guy saying he posted an offer on the 27th that hasn't been filled yet is either wrong or posted at less than 500
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    that may be true. I had a second offer in posted on the 6th that hasn't been filled yet. The guy saying he posted an offer on the 27th that hasn't been filled yet is either wrong or posted at less than 500
    Or there's a bug. The constant stream of exploits has me cynical enough to feel this is a possibility.
  • Options
    vader6139vader6139 Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Anyone doing or expecting trades at less than the 500 point are simply ignoramuses. At current levels anything below 500 is a slap in the face and should just be ignored. Might as well put in a buy offer at 300.
  • Options
    fantasycharacterfantasycharacter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 675 Arc User
    edited August 2014

yup I am wrong. Has been 13 days not 16.:o
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    i actually have 2 offers from months and months ago sitting at 400 :D

I dont really need the AD at the moment so I am fine with them sittng there in the off chance that the rate drops again.