test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Legit channel and "legit" guilds

adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
edited August 2014 in The Moonstone Mask (PC)
Legit channel

I have been on the the legit channel since shortly after it got started, and have run many DDs with people there (usually with my main, Tanya). However, I am finding the channel is becoming less and less useful for the purpose of forming groups, and is kind-of degrading into a general chat channel.

Now, am I alone in thinking that while a little chat is just fine, there is a limit to it - go beyond that point and the channel becomes useless?

If you agree there is a problem, what can be done?

Legit guilds

I am interested in trying to make a list of guilds with a strictly "legit" policy. There are many such guilds, but some are quite small, and may frequently not have enough people online at the same time to make a guild group for DDs or skirmishes.

By creating such a list, I am hoping that some of those guilds might be able to make informal alliances - perhaps create shared chat channels to make it easier for guild members to run with like-minded people. I am aware of one such channel shared by the LGBT-friendly guilds, but that is not "legit"-focused as such.

So, how do I define a "legit guild" in this respect? Well, Some guilds have a strict "no glitching/cheating/exploiting" policy, but to give a concrete example, consider how a guild run of PK would work out - would the group members run through the last 5-6 mob groups and suicide at the last camp fire? If that is considered acceptable behaviour in the guild, I don't consider it a "legit" guild. On the other hand, I don't have an issue with pushing mobs off edges and so on - that's just an example of using game mechanisms the way they were intended to be used.
Hoping for improvements...
Post edited by adinosii on

Comments

• qq88ppqq88pp Member Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    adinosii wrote: »
    Legit channel
    However, I am finding the channel is becoming less and less useful for the purpose of forming groups, and is kind-of degrading into a general chat channel.
    Now, am I alone in thinking that while a little chat is just fine, there is a limit to it - go beyond that point and the channel becomes useless?
    Sadly, I do share your view. It has gone downhill lately. I tried the PartyMonster, but there are not many online most of the time.
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    magenubbie wrote: »
    Give it some time. Mod4 is around the corner, which should make room to fix the chest issues, the summer break is almost over, people will return. Breaking up the legit community now won't bring any improvement I think.

Yeah, you may be right .... I still think it would be a good idea to create a list of "legit" guilds, though - if nothing else, at least it would help some people find groups of like-minded people.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    That said, the round-the-clock omnibore who was rendering legit useless seemed not to be around when I looked yesterday!

Hopefully, this is a sign of things to come- with him gone, there was actually space for people to try and form groups, and there was some of that going on. Maybe if the game is untrashed and the rampant publisher avarice is dialled back a bit (hopefully as the summer slack time ends too?), it will once more a good place for grouping- assuming whatever was done to Mr. Verbal is permanent.
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    There are too many guilds with 1-3 active members at a time.

I think it is a good idea to consolidate some of these legit guilds
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    your free to do what you want, but as the only real avenue for many poeple in the game to find groups and have a mostly friendly community in this MMO, more diversification of that base will just make matters worse.

Why not just keep prompting friendly reminders instead?

I know this morning, I pointed out to someone that claling out for speed run setups for t2s is kinda wrong for the channel, as someone kept on asking for multiple CWs for a Karru group.

The discussion amongst the players about the upcoming balance changes will die down eventually.

I just want to see a actual in game community, that at least sort of resembles others Ive played, if Legit dies, then this game is pretty much dead. Sure you can play it, but there is no more real MMO community and your left up to the horrors of LFG and Zone chats .

Its not bad to see fresh blood in the channel. Ya there are some outspoken individuals there, just put them on ignore for awhile if its too much =P.
  • nubc3ke7331nubc3ke7331 Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I have had my share or problems with /legit as well. I am high end player wont discuss gs or names. But I have formed with some people to help them gear up. I do high dps and some have rage quit saying I am not a team player when I am just doing dungeons to help people and have fun. To me this should be a legit rule aswel but sadly it is not. I am also in the list of small guilds because most after mod2 to today 63 members down to 5. But I do like this game hate the recent changes that have spike the market and it isnt stopping but add me to friends list. I am eastcoast time most times from 6pm till about 12 or 1am I am online unless I work a double shift. I will do dungeons help power level if needed. Take care see you ingame(maybe even make a new channel)
  • millenniumogmillenniumog Member Posts: 38
    edited August 2014
    I feel the same way, I have played with the legit community off and on for a while but recently the teams have become GS required, certain class only teams that will boot for loot. Quite disappointing since I felt it was always a reliable group for a fun and friendly atmosphere.
  • maegmaagmaegmaag Member Posts: 332 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Last months i c problems with both the channel being flooded with pointless chitchat, trashtalk discusions and speculation rages, and some ppl, who think (or just troll like that) its not legit to take advantage of ones power and experience to burn thru the hordes of mobs (killing dozens at same speed or even faster than pulling mobs one by one), yet quitting during boss fight (leaving that one there alone) is. However ridiculous that might be, whoever reads this, put me into ur ignorelist if u r a whiner or quitter, coz ill never wait for a GF who is tanking his 2 precious critters.

Nothing is wrong with asking/answering something as long as its related to the purpose of the channel or the core of the game. Nothing is wrong with "yay! [Young Yeti]" as thats far from flooding the channel (i admit even i occassionally express myself especially when being drunk). Whats wrong is any form of discussion, which belongs to forums, guild or party chat or another custom channel or voice chat.

The channel purpose is clearly stated in its description. I prefer the channel to be silent rather than flooded, so one can easily read or write some lfg/lfm request. That someone is not interested in running anything out of dd hour or till next mod come live does not mean that nobody is, thus its not an excuse to participiate in a discusion/chitchat absolutely unrelated to the channel purpose and rendering it almost unusable for others.

Besides active moderation (which am not rly a fan of) and occasional bans, there is little help when too many (looks more like a majority) ppl willingly participiate in such behavior. Wish the ignore list get the option to add notes as the friendlist got and actually block both sides (ignored and ignoring) from all forms of mutual contact (chat, AH listing, grouping ...).

As for the guilds, many ppl who run "legits" are members of guilds with no such rules at all, so in the end twould result in a quite limited list (i guess).
    dAuGVxU.png
    A bit nosy NW-DKG7E99X6
    "Hardcore" exploration journey and dungeon crawl. Read its description prior to trying it.
  • gothashotgothashot Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I gave up on the "legit" channel long, long ago. There were many very rude people in the chat. A lot of the groups that I formed with other players from the "legit" channel turned out to be no better than typical pugs in terms of people doing exploits, "need/greed" issues, and kicking on loot rolls. I've found it best to stick with my guildies, though active players are becoming a thing of the past...so we've sorta 'teamed up' with a handful of other guilds that we've had great experiences with, and made a channel that we use amongst them all. Easy to find a group to run anything anytime.
  • aulduronaulduron Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,351 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    It is currently hard to find groups because of the DD chest bug, and because some of the big players have been gone. Hopefully they'll be back with mod4.

I have one of those small guilds. If I'm in the group, at least, there is no exploiting or suicide running. Though, more often than not, we have fewer than 6 or 7 online at a time.
  • gothashotgothashot Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    The chests have been giving us different loot for days now. I think they stealth fixed it.
  • pointsmanpointsman Member Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I do think there is a lot of chit-chat in the channel, perhaps too much. I don't mind chit-chat that involves the game itself, I'll often ask questions about feats/boons/powers that are good to get for different classes, but there's also a lot of stuff that is quite far off-topic. The signal-to-noise ratio seems to be rather low nowadays.

I have never seen anyone kicked for loot in a /legit run. I don't know where that is coming from. I have seen need/greed issues but that is because the /legit rules are to "greed everything", even green/blue items, and that is not the norm most anywhere else. But once people, particularly new people, are reminded of the /legit rules, I haven't seen any problems. These issues are generally resolved before the first boss fight anyway.

As far as the ragequitting goes: I confess, I was the ragequitter that @nubc3ke7331 is referring to. I don't mind players having high DPS. I don't mind players pulling huge mobs. What I do mind, and what the issue was in this particular dungeon run, was a high-DPS player pulling huge mobs that are too big for the rest of the team to handle, the rest of the team starts dying, but the high-DPS player keeps going *anyway* and continues to pull huge mobs. I believe that the players on a team should proceed through a dungeon that is comfortable for the entire team. If you have an issue with that, then don't team up with me in a dungeon. But it has nothing to do with whether a run is "legit" or not. I didn't leave the group because it wasn't "legit", I left because I could no longer stand how it was going. So, since someone brought up this incident, now you have the other side of the story.
  • ysil6969ysil6969 Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Apparently Legit now has a pure LFG channel too. Which I thought was the legit channel in the first place... but yeah. Legit community is now chatting, and they're trying to push legit LFG for groups (or so I hear)
  • zshikarazshikara Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I have never formed a group in PE LFG channel. I pretty much only use guild and /legit. I will admit, it is sometimes hard to find people for groups, but I do not play well with GS elitism. Sure, my GS meets most of their requirements now, but I still won't group with anyone who forces everyone to have literally 2 times the GS required to get into the dungeon.

All of that said, I am in a medium sized guild that runs dungeon delves the way Legit does. Greed everything and we run at the speed of the slowest person in the group. This has created some amazingly fun runs for me. Sure they take a bit longer than your typical legit runs, but its all about having fun more than anything else.

I for one will not give up on legit because, frankly, what other options are there? I don't see any. PE LFG is off limits. There are no other chat channels I know of. So except for quitting running dungeons all together except when I can with my guild I don't have many options.

I will be in your legit channel reminding people to try to stay positive and on topic.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tired of running dungeons with exploiters and cheaters? Join the legit channel by visiting http://goo.gl/1zfnTS to apply!
    Performing ritual pony sacrifices to Tiamat to earn favor with the RNG Gods since 2014.
  • mircalla83mircalla83 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 36
    edited August 2014
    Legit just has one problem, sadly - there seems to be a split opinion among its administration about allowing convicted (and having had their harsh 3 day suspensions), admitting and bragging bugusers and exploiters in the channel, and not silencing them ASAP, or kicking them out.
    Someone bragging about 'When the enemy team in Domination PvP stays at their campfire, I glitch into their spawn, kills don't farm themselves'? May remain on the channel, because they obviously will play PvE legit, right?
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    All I've been seeing is it being used as just a plain old chat channel as of late.
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    ghoulz66 wrote: »
    All I've been seeing is it being used as just a plain old chat channel as of late.

Well with the chests dropping the same loot there isn't much motivation other than wanting items to salvage or a once in a blue moon boe drop to sell. With the economic reasons, it's actually more beneficial to run up another alt for proffessions. And if you need to gear up grinding IWD it's actually possible to get loot even if the glove / mh drop rate is low. I'd love to be working on my set pieces in the dungeons but since that can't happen......
  • sonofraistlinsonofraistlin Member Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    question: is it ligit for guilds to use their high end members to craft new warlock gear for other members? I've heard whispers of this going round the traps...
    “and someday, fat innkeepers will bow to me.”
  • mircalla83mircalla83 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 36
    edited August 2014
    Well, duh, as long as it is unbound? If they sell their stuff on the Auction House, or hand it to guildmates, why not?
  • sonofraistlinsonofraistlin Member Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    ok, wow! i was just checking...i say while cowering in the corner...lol
    “and someday, fat innkeepers will bow to me.”
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    That's just trading, completely normal.
  • hiukulimushiukulimus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 117
    edited August 2014
    ghoulz66 wrote: »

well i wished to try to join ... but as you guys are describing it , its not worthy anymore... ill keep playing with my mates then.
    better make a guild than a legit channel at this point .
  • akemnosakemnos Member Posts: 597 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    i have still been able to get on teams without difficulty from Legit. Sure there is a lot of chatter but that does not really bother me.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    By what stretch of logic would the people who do crafting making gear for new characters to use not be a legitimate part of gameplay?
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • vader6139vader6139 Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I wont bother running dungeons without my guild anymore. Way to many issues any other way. We all agree beforehand how we want to do it.

Do have a guildmate that is a glutton for punishment since he loves running dungeons. Don't think he does it off a separate channel though, think he just posts in main zone.
  • osterdracheosterdrache Member Posts: 480 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I will be honest here:
    I never liked the legit channel.
    Reasons are

1. what is legit anyway? Nearly every class has bugged and exploitable feats/powers/mechanics. Where do u draw the line? How can u know that some parts of a dungeon are really intented to be cleared? What is a mechanic to defeat a boss and what is not? And dont say its easy to clarify this. Its not. I have encountered players in legit who said pushing enemies is an exploit. Some gave said, its cheating to pull many mobs and clear them all. Some say its cheating to lure mobs into death (but actually in the first 10 levels of gameplay there is even an encounter which implies that u should do this, the ones with the spiders). Is dying at a campfire an exploit?
    The truth is: none of us can say ic its WAI or just a random bug or an intentional exploit. Should I stop using Sun Burst because it bugs out dragons? There are bugs u cant even avoid. Its a thin line to say "you exploiter" or beeing a hypocrite.

With that beeing said

2. legit was always full of noobs, inexpierinced players and such but who think they know better… like this forum actually…

You can flame me now…
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited August 2014
    I'm hoping for some sort of Guild Alliance feature. That would be grand, indeed.

Anywho... all my characters are currently in my own "solo/rp" guilds, depicted as their "families" in the form of Houses and Clans. If you see me on any of my personalities, I only play legit and will aid when beckoned, if I can.

[House Ilyturials] is a Moon-Elven House from Myth Drannor.
    [House Dae'Vesh] is an ancient Eilistrasee worshiping drow House from the Northdark.
    [House Neirdre] is a Sun-Elven House from ancient Cormanthtyr.
    [House Firehair] is a Human Noble House from pre-Spellplague Neverwinter.
    [Evenbeard Clan] is a Mountain Dwarven Noble House from Waterdeep City.
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I would like to point out a few things regarding the NW_Legit_Community chat channel, to clear things up a bit:

1. While it was originally created just to form dungeon teams w/ other non-cheaters, it has grown into a full community channel. Some like that addition, others do not. I prefer a more hands-off approach, and allowed the channel to grow and evolve.

2. I have recently posted that I am looking for more channel operators. I recognize that things can get out of hand as the channel continues to grow, and want to address it, but I also don't want the channel to become some police state where people can't chat and have fun. I want to add moderators, but I also don't want to stifle the channel and its members.

3. I appreciate everyone's zest for wanting to see their concerns addressed quickly and sternly, but I want to caution against diluting the community across too many different channels. I am happy that someone stepped up to create the party_monster channel strictly for team-making, and wish them the best.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • rollingonitrollingonit Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Have had nothing but good experiences with this channel and its members. Players have been polite and helpful and the groups have always been fun to run dungeons with.

I do keep all my opinions on other stuff out of that channel. And play by their rules. Never had an issue.
    We can pretend.
    Fox Stevenson - Sandblast
    Oh Wonder - Without You

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    - Dylan Thomas
  • zshikarazshikara Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I think I may have said it here before, but I consider nw_legit_community to be like a second guild. We talk, we have fun, and we form runs for things. I see nothing wrong with some chatting as long as dungeon runs still happen. And as of late, dungeon runs are still happening. Maybe not 24/7, but they are still happening.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tired of running dungeons with exploiters and cheaters? Join the legit channel by visiting http://goo.gl/1zfnTS to apply!
    Performing ritual pony sacrifices to Tiamat to earn favor with the RNG Gods since 2014.