test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Main Class: Mod 4

Comments

• ulvielulviel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 741 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    nohbdy42 wrote: »
    That's what I thought too. I really thought there would be a lot of HRs. I feel like I see them everywhere.

Yeah. come to think statistic Cryptic gave us few months ago shows that 23% characters were HRs.
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    ulviel wrote: »
    Yeah. come to think statistic Cryptic gave us few months ago shows that 23% characters were HRs.

That statistic was released right after rangers become a playable class. At that point in time, its fair to expect that the number of rangers, on average, was higher then normal. Just like the number of Warlocks will start off inflated, right after release. Before settling down to a lower number sometime later.
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    That statistic was released right after rangers become a playable class. At that point in time, its fair to expect that the number of rangers, on average, was higher then normal. Just like the number of Warlocks will start off inflated, right after release. Before settling down to a lower number sometime later.

Yup the question wasn't will you make a warlock, hr, etc, it was which will be your main. Most people have at least a couple alts.
  • query523query523 Member Posts: 1,515 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    HR. Same as Mod2 and Mod3. But my GF is a close second....
  • celticgamer0celticgamer0 Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I technically do not have a main, but I tend to favour ranged classes. Oddly though after my CW my GWF is second. I love my DC as well though... so hard to choose XD
  • ulvielulviel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 741 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    My DC is my main forever, even if I do not play her anymore :D
  • reilz1981reilz1981 Member Posts: 512 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    TR because they use to be good now they barely survive... that being said SW's are heaps of fun to play tanky healy and wizardly
    Actual Join date: Dec 2007
  • kozi001kozi001 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    CW is my main and my favourite.
    Rolled a HR but dislike the constantly dodging mechanism.
    Rolled a Gwf because in mod2 it was so rare to find a decent Gwf to tank Draco.
    Rolled a DC and I like the debuffing.

I will roll an SW see what it can do and how usefull.
    But in my heart I always planning on how to make my wizard better...
  • vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Oh of course mages, everyone just like to control and *cough* dominate over other people easily.

pish
  • katbozejziemikatbozejziemi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Once again CW "nerfs" will end up with them even more ridiculously overpowered than before.
  • khimera906khimera906 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 898 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    For me it's not about what class most people want in their party, or with which class I can get the cheapest kills in PVP. It's all about playing the class I love the most, and just as it was from the beginning of open beta, my main will be my awesome TR.
    I hate dancing with Lady Luck. She always steps on my toes.
  • nohbdy42nohbdy42 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    magenubbie wrote: »
    There are people with other reasons for playing a CW other than it being OP or not.

Exactly. A lot of us just like Wizard classes; however, now I'll be switching to Warlock.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    My main will still be a DC, but I'll be leveling an SW to join all my other 60's. :)
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Someone said...tr was the most played class...
    Yes.....
    By bots
  • bananachefbananachef Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Making a CW now
    2 GWFS, 3 TRs, 2 GFs, 1 HR, 1 CW
  • mxtimemxtime Member Posts: 316 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    rayrdan wrote: »
    Someone said...tr was the most played class...
    Yes.....
    By bots

caexar
    PWE User

Couldn't resist a free enchant. So there's the one I already shared along with these which were gathered from this site in a simple search query, I'm sure there are more. The one commonality? The TR was the most popular. I seem to even recall a post wherein a dev showed a pie chart of the class usage breakdown recently and TR was second only to the HR at the moment but I can't recall exactly what category it was done in. I'll take a Radiant 7 if you please.

WAS ThIS GUY RIGHT HERE
    AND he even wanted a rank 7 enchant for beeing 100% wrong.
    if he had any common sence he would send me rank 8 with a apology letter
  • iandarkswordiandarksword Member Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Ranger, always the ranger. Though I prefer the classic b****** sword (you know, Aragorn style) as opposed to dual-wield. I think all my P&P buddies just rolled their eyes...again....
    "I don't know, I'm making it up as I go..."
    Featured Foundry Quest: Whispers of an Ancient Evil [v3] - NW-DQ4WKW6ZG
    Foundry Quest: Harper Chronicles: Blacklake - NW-DCPA4W2Q5
  • nohbdy42nohbdy42 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Ranger, always the ranger. Though I prefer the classic b****** sword (you know, Aragorn style) as opposed to dual-wield. I think all my P&P buddies just rolled their eyes...again....

Yeah. I like the Hunter subclass, but I thought it would be a controller which I enjoy. The style of the HR is boring for me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sexwax45sexwax45 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    My main is the same as before mod 4 HR even tho she has been resting due to me lvling up some more chars, i can't wait to see how the changes will work out, but i don't know maybe the SW really excited about that one.
  • akemnosakemnos Member Posts: 597 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    interesting on how close the poll is other than CW's
  • harkinharkin Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Well im a CW since beta, but always waited for the Warlock, so its gonna be my new main, but will probably play my CW just as much still, with its changes it's hopefully gonna be fun to play again.
  • hefisdohefisdo Member Posts: 709 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    By default, my main on MMORPGs is always the Wizard, Scholar or Sorcerer.
    (´・ ω ・`)
  • darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    My DC will still be my main,

but of course I'm going to level a SW to join my other 60s of each class, I'm going to get serious about my GF, I think I'll switch my CW to MoF now that Spellstorm has lost a lot of debuffs, I'm going to try Dragonborn in several classes to see if there is one whose power animations look really good with the race, I might make a second Temptation SW for a debuff/healer to complement my DC...

So many alts, so little time.
  • rollingonitrollingonit Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    kind of torn. GWF has been my main since live release. But I almost want to make either my CW, HR, or SW my main now. But IDK may just stick with my GWF and then kind of have a 2nd main along with my alts.
    We can pretend.
    Fox Stevenson - Sandblast
    Oh Wonder - Without You

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    - Dylan Thomas
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited August 2014
    Control Wizard
    My first character in Alpha was a Control Wizard and then I played a Devoted Cleric until Launch, after they took away moving while casting. My main character would still be my main mage, 'Old Zeb' -- however I do love my cleric Daxx Dae'Vesh just as much. I have six mages, four clerics, and multiples of the other classes as well. The only class that might allow me to enjoy any character better than Old Zeb or Daxx would probably be a Druid, if done well. However, if they give any Mage class the "Simbarch of Aglorand" paragon path, Old Zeb would respec to that in a heart-beat or be renamed/appearance and a new 'Old Zeb' of that class would be created.
  • reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    TR, he's my main and he'll always be. no matter how screwed up we are, no matter if they nerf us a hundred more times, I'm confident we'll eventually get some love from the devs.
    till then, I'll keep playing with him.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • torskaldrtorskaldr Member Posts: 559 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Hunter Ranger - I've always had rangers and mages as my main characters. I played a DC in alpha, beta, and through launch for something different. Also because there was no ranger and I didn't feel the wizard was fleshed out enough. So I'll bring my ranger through some adventures and quests and then roll a CW or SW (probably a CW).
  • cynogeniccynogenic Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Warlock as my main definitely. I'm glad they are finally adding the locks in the game as I'm a fan of the dark classes even if they nerf it or not.
  • zshikarazshikara Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I will always be a DC. Nothing can change that. Unless they make druid a healer class.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tired of running dungeons with exploiters and cheaters? Join the legit channel by visiting http://goo.gl/1zfnTS to apply!
    Performing ritual pony sacrifices to Tiamat to earn favor with the RNG Gods since 2014.
  • sr2normandysr2normandy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 56
    edited August 2014
    Hunter Ranger, same as it was before, because I like HR a lot!