test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Main Class: Mod 4

nohbdy42nohbdy42 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
edited August 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Cayapp asked what everyone was looking forward to with the release of Mod 4. Seems like most are, obviously, looking forward to the Warlock, but I was wondering how many people will actually make it their main.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by nohbdy42 on

Comments

• nipidnipid Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    CW, always CW, still decent DPS and really strong control so I think it will be still CW as it is now (PvE)
  • myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    My TR will always be my main, no matter what. I will definitely play a SW a bit more when Mod 4 releases, but I love the TR class so much more than any other. It's so stealthy, dextrous, and "stunny." :)
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I'll be levelling my SW, but for the purpose of dungeons, my CW will still probably be the most used. When my SW is all levelled up then it depends how much I like him.
  • onecoolscatcatonecoolscatcat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I always prefer playing DC.
  • twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I tend to play archers, rogues, or mages in every MMO so I'll still be using my existing HR, TR, and CW in Mod 4. However, I've levelled an SW on preview and love it so will definitely level one on live. I don't really have a 'main' as I what I play the most varies with what mood I'm in so the SW will join my 'stable' of toons on an even footing.
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Warlock. I want to rip out your soul.
  • hefisdohefisdo Member Posts: 709 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    charononus wrote: »
    Warlock. I want to rip out your soul.

0JXaV2I.gif
    (´・ ω ・`)
  • linoge63linoge63 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Although the HR is King for me to play...i do tip my hat everytime im in a group with the nourishing power of the DC and the amazing hoisting controlling power of the CW. I dont think there are any that can beat the GWF to the throat of the main ..meaning they get at em fast and hard..perfect for us ranged ones....and i love it when those TR's wipe out those pesky ones that interfere with my aimed shot...

what class has the NPC tossing power?....that act i will never fail to enjoy seeing on the battleground.
  • loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I originally mained a GF and can't wait to make up for lost time. But since I build up multiple other chars since Mod 2 destroyed the class, it's probably going to be a time split more or less with my CW being a close 2nd.
  • hmdq#4491 hmdq Member Posts: 508 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    CW always, no matter what they do with the class!
  • crusherbeastcrusherbeast Member Posts: 426 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Despite the fact that in this game Rogue is horrible nerfed, it is still my main. But that is only because i have sentiment for rogues.
    Tairev-TR(All kind of killing tools)
    Asha-DC(Faithful-Anointed Champion)
    Vilgefortz-CW(Thaumaturge-balance)
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Despite the fact that in this game Rogue is horrible nerfed, it is still my main. But that is only because i have sentiment for rogues.

The sad thing is I remember watching a video pre beta hyping rogues where a dev said this is our rogue and as you can see they have stealth some ability to self heal with potions and the like, and damage, lots of damage because that's what rogues do.
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    All mains to me. Haven't geared up a GF yet though and SW still awaits.
  • anharmonanharmon Member Posts: 175
    edited August 2014
    I'm actually pleasantly surprised by the balance of classes. At least, that's how it seems to be going.

Probably GWF for me. Whatever happens.
  • rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    My main is my DC, as it has been since I started playing last October. I also play my GF a lot too. Nothing in Mod 4 is going to change that.
  • jorifice1jorifice1 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Well, I'll be playing a Dragonborn Scourge Warlock, for sure.
    I will also be running my favorite TR through Sharendar, the Dread Ring, and Icewind Dale, if I get tired of playing Indole (The name I'm going to give my SW, it means, approximately, "The smell of ruptured Bowels", and is associated with disembowelment.). When that is done (or if I get SUPER bored) I'll go back to my two Mains (my GF and GWF).

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Of course I'm going to make a new Warlock but my main will remain my CW most likely.
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • juleadreamjuleadream Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    linoge63 wrote: »
    Although the HR is King for me to play...i do tip my hat everytime im in a group with the nourishing power of the DC and the amazing hoisting controlling power of the CW. I dont think there are any that can beat the GWF to the throat of the main ..meaning they get at em fast and hard..perfect for us ranged ones....and i love it when those TR's wipe out those pesky ones that interfere with my aimed shot...

what class has the NPC tossing power?....that act i will never fail to enjoy seeing on the battleground.

That's probably Indomitable Strength, a Guardian Fighter daily.

I have at least one of every class at lvl 60, but my main will always be my GF... I can't wait to see how much butt she kicks in Mod 4.
  • cayappcayapp Member Posts: 826 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Wow to get quoted in a non preview post...anyhow...I was thinking this morning...that the forums have been kind of a downer for last couple of weeks and what could I do to try and lighten the mood some, and not just focus on the we do not like or are wrong.

MY vote is I will be switching to a SW, surprise surprise. I have at least 1 of every previous class played as a main or off main. As I did during the mod 3 testing I pretty play tested exclusively during mod 4 testing.

Great poll...that was going to be my 5 days and counting post tomorrow. Now I have to quickly come up with something to focus on postive for the 5 day and counting post.

Incidentally, if you have any specific questions I will do as I did prior to mod 3 release and a month or so after...feel free to ask my questions, or if you need help with something pertaining to mod 4 just ask me in game. @cayapp I will do my best to answer or help you out. I play many hours most every days.
  • linoge63linoge63 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I wonder, if everyone were to begin recognizing, praising and requesting the powers of other classes
    be instead of nerfed, but enhanced, would the devs actually respond as they did to so many crying about others powers and bring your and others classes back to the days of power and glory?
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    My main is my DC, and that will not change.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I tend to play the GWF most, but will definitely make a Warlock too to see what it is like.

For PvE though,, it still looks as if my CW will be the 'optimal' choice.
  • cerberobotcerberobot Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 345
    edited August 2014
    Gwf ! Have been playing it since post-end beta when he was considered as useless and played him because noone was crying "op nobrain gwf". Well, he'll be brought back useless like 1.5 year before :p
  • letojarred1letojarred1 Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    GWF!
    i've played cw on mod 2&3
    time to roll with a big *** sword!
    StrawberryCheesecake TR
    BlackberryCheesecake CW
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    CheeseCake House :o
  • nohbdy42nohbdy42 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I'm quite surprised that the results are this balanced.

I'll be maining a Dwarf Scourge Warlock. I've been waiting for it from the beginning. Until now, I have just been kind of playing everything. So, now I can finally have a main. I just wish I could have a Raven to be my companion. One day...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lonewolfmk1lonewolfmk1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Well, my GF has been my Main since the release of Neverwinter and that wont change. Close second is my Cleric.
  • cloud990plcloud990pl Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    same as before: CW
    although I'm gonna level up and reasonably gear up (to14k GS as all my chars) SW (+giving him SW pack) so in theory SW gonna be my main for 2 weeks or so
  • ulvielulviel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 741 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I would expect more HRs and GWFs. Especially HRs. Other than that, I'm not surprised.
  • nohbdy42nohbdy42 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    ulviel wrote: »
    I would expect more HRs and GWFs. Especially HRs. Other than that, I'm not surprised.

That's what I thought too. I really thought there would be a lot of HRs. I feel like I see them everywhere.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lionmaruu0lionmaruu0 Member Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    My CW, there is nothing to change it, but I'll try the warlock as well and play my GF and DC too. Gwf/tr/hr are my least favorite classes and right now I have no will to play mine more than I already played.

imo, from what I can see the SW seems to be another useless empty dps class like hr/tr/gwf, witch no control and nothing else to offer.
    probably good for pvp, and I refuse do partake in this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> since there are no gs/enchantment rank tier for pvp.

maybe a replacement for high end party with no dc, still dcs offer plenty more from ofensive and defensive buffs/debuffs than a warlock or old support hr