test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Temptation Warlocks + Dread Legion Boon "Burning Guidance" = Game Break

2»

Comments

• chaoscourtesanchaoscourtesan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Sorry lad. I wasn't saying that you are wining particullary.

I only wonder why such panic around this boon for DC's?

Admin said the it will be fixed only for lifesteal. DC's heal not from lifesteal. + there is that soul bonding heal...i just want to get clear with that thing. What is soul bonding healing and when it triggers.

NO harm will come to DC healing encounters to trigger burning effect i can assure you.

Roger that.
    You know, we Divine Oracles have to jealously guard every tiny bit we have..
    Also, my post was an indirect comment on how valuable the boon actually is for DC's as someone earlier in thread said something to the effect that it was worthless.. which I found to be pretty funny.

Oh, and thanks! I haven't been called lad in nearly 50 years. =)
    Rhyon Cawdorian GWF | Opa Loka TR | Cormac Argentus III DC | Annika Thornblade GF | Aerys Skydark HR | Bartin Findlor TR | Aellia Baalthrall CW | Lucan Hawkmoon CW | Opa Brahk GWF | Korzbyrk DC | Den Kruk GWF | Jherek Skarsin CW |
    Roland Mac Sheonin GF | Tarron Direheart SW |
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    The thing is that DCs almost can't help but end up with some lifesteal on their gear, due to dev itemization decisions. So making a boon that most DCs are going to take by default be slightly less effective for them in order to fix an issue with another class is yet another example of how the answer to all problems includes nerf-the-DC.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • cayappcayapp Member Posts: 826 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    From my extensive testing with this boon...let me kind of explain what is going on...My LS and due to my capstone in that tree it triggers the boon, which then does damage, which then triggers my LS...it becomes a loop, compounded by the boon hitting multiple targets close by what I was attacking and as a SW I LS often and frequently.

This issue has to be addressed before live, When I can do 20 million damage in both FH and Karr there is an issues with I can do 40+ million in SP with out breaking a sweat, it is game breaking.

The way I understand the fix is it prevent this from becoming an out of control feed back loop. A DC's heals to others are not dependent on LS unlike SW's
  • cayappcayapp Member Posts: 826 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Once this is patched ( crosses fingers today) I will be testing it all again, including with a DC with that boon.
  • sokolnichiysokolnichiy Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    cayapp wrote: »
    Once this is patched ( crosses fingers today) I will be testing it all again, including with a DC with that boon.

Jee hope you will.

Got to be very interesting to find out how it'll work!