test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Is it just me or are TR really going to any better after the Mod 4 changes?

Comments

• Options
    reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    wasn't wicked reminder JUST nerfed to only attack 5 targets at most?
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    lwedar wrote: »
    First, nice video. Make some more with TR

Second, unfortunately that scenario tailored for the vid rarely if ever happen in pvp or dung. Thats why people ask for CW for dung runs or GWF, not really a learn to play issue.

TR has tons of potential in dung and pvp.

We are the only class that can beat valindra solo.

Yes this situation I showed in the video does not happen in pve or pvp often and its why I say they don't need to nerf the skill.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    made this video just now...
    WR wil be nerfed soon, so I made this to wickedly remind all those TR that never unlocked its power what they are going to be missing out on.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • Options
    suddenlyslowsuddenlyslow Member Posts: 818 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I used to use WR a lot in the earlier times but things die so fast now that it became more of a hassle to me, especially with the GWF that seemed to always be able to time their prones to my encounters and have me miss...am I the only one or others have that happen more often than not?
  • Options
    reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I always used it mostlyon bosses or elites, to be able to have all stacks of the debuff all the time.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    rustlordrustlord Member Posts: 1,454 Arc User
    edited July 2014

Remind me again, how does a TR kill Valindra solo? The grab is instakill.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    I will take you with me... I am getting parankid about exposing our powers... Everything i talk about or show gets nerfed
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    I will take you with me... I am getting parankid about exposing our powers... Everything i talk about or show gets nerfed

Oh that truth of that is mindboggling. But your secrets are safe with me ~ rely on my forgetfulness always! I'll find ya in game.
  • Options
    lwedarlwedar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 790 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    TR has tons of potential in dung and pvp.

Yes this situation I showed in the video does not happen in pve or pvp often and its why I say they don't need to nerf the skill.

Tons is a strong word ;) Even if we can solo her in extreme cases, it is much more efficient to run with a group...without a TR :P
    "we all love this game and want it to thrive"
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Tons is a strong word ;) Even if we can solo her in extreme cases, it is much more efficient to run with a group...without a TR :P

Tons is not a strong word. I say it all the time.

/trolled
  • Options
    lenchikpenchiklenchikpenchik Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1
    edited July 2014
    Seriously, tr's don't do any damage anymore, perma relying only on whirlwind of blades now... I CAN'T kill a good DC for 10 minutes, if help comes I'm going down in a matter of time. GWF... well, it's a fair fight I would say. I'm not even going to say anything about HR's.

I'm afraid TR will be one of the weakest classes in mod4, with the CW buff. GWF found a way to overcome nerf. HR's will still probably kick butt. GF's are going to be new GWF. SW... will bleed to death. Yo... TR is my favorite class, but I truly feel like it's going to be beyond competition.
  • Options
    kalintharkalinthar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    After just playing another incredibly frustrating round of PvP, I have decided that TR are no longer viable in Dungeons or PvP. The damage for a whisperknife is SO PATHETIC that a DC can tank you. How is that for a striker class, a DC can tank you.

The damage of a mellee TR is so weak- you cannot get an invite for the high end missions.....BUT we will get a new class and race.

The Game Developers DO NOT play the game for if they did, they would have done something about it. This is PATHETIC game design, led by amateurs and simply soaking you for cash.

But never fear; you can be a scourge warlock and do lots of damage.........just don't be a TR for there is no future for this class in the game.

Perfectworld owes every tr in the game an apology for the DELIBERATE destruction of a class to satisfy whiners.
  • Options
    kweassakweassa Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    ...GWF found a way to overcome nerf...

How so? Haven't visited the preview servers lately.
    Stop making excuses. Be a man.
    If you know something to be broken, stop using it.
    Otherwise, you've got no right to be speaking of 'balance.'
  • Options
    lwedarlwedar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 790 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    kweassa wrote: »
    How so? Haven't visited the preview servers lately.

They just buffed their damage on preview, increased sprint and make them cc immune 30% extra DR while sprinting.
    "we all love this game and want it to thrive"
  • Options
    ajeed04ajeed04 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    They just buffed their damage on preview, increased sprint and make them cc immune 30% extra DR while sprinting.

I can't imagine tapping the sprint button will be broken and overpowered.
    running around and never capping lool
    which top tr did u kill 1v1
    i know that build.......u just leave
    when real tr comes on cap
    so before calling out any tr u should proly beat one 1v1 with
    full hp ,not coming to only daily him
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    ajeed04 wrote: »
    I can't imagine tapping the sprint button will be broken and overpowered.

You kidding? If those line of changes take place, they just made the class officially unkillable.

Even as it is a GWF that's determined to disengage is nearly impossible to take down unless it is totally overwhelmed and endless chain-proned by multiple enemy fighter classes. The only reason this aspect was not much complained about was that in mod2, they didn't ever need to run away from anyone. With the start of mod3 we've been meeting complaints about the "uncatchable" GWFs as they've been slightly toned down from mod2, and when the need to run away rises, the GWF just goes.

Sometimes a lucky CC to the backside catches him in his tracks, but only until he's been hit enough to reactivate Unstoppable, which is like what, 2? 3 seconds? The only powers that'd ever really catch GWFs running would be powers like Hateful Knives, an extremely long range prone.

...now, if sprint turns CC immunity.. then... lol... the class becomes simply unkillable.

Not only that, but instead of nerfing already bullshi* gap-closer aspect of the class, it actually strengthens it. How is a CW or a HR supposed to buy enough time to escape when a GWF starts sprinting towards it? You can't damage him enough to drop him dead, nor can you even slow or stop his movement.

What in the world are the developers thinking... sweet Jesus... I know its a childish complaint, but at this rate, I might even believe that there's someone in the team who is biased in favor of GWFs or something...

I've said this before, but I'll say it again. I support most of the developer's decision to nerf TRs since most every aspect that was nerfed through the course of years did have some distinct problems. However, I support nerfs only in the sense that balancing must be fair across all classes. I simply cannot grasp just what the deal is when TRs not only get nerfed in the most obvious areas, but even small and sensitive, delicate areas, in the name of balance... and yet every balancing the developers did on the GWFs -- which isn't much in the first place -- are just simply negated by huge, unfathomable buffs which are just ridiculous.

They "chip off" small bits with a chisel from the GWF as "nerfs", and then pour a concrete barrel over it as "buffs". How in the world is this even possible?
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    They also now implemented the GWF mark so that it gives them an additional 20% damage and does not drop (well still bugged as some say it drops). It is like the typical scenario played out again. They start with reasonable GWF nerfs. The cries begin and they undo them. The cries continue and so they undo even more and add a few new powers. The cries continue and they start buffing even beyond where they started in the first place. It is a bit insane when you consider it as we all remember the last two (or was it three) GWF 'nerfs' ended up being strong buffs and the same thing is happening again.

In the meantime, on live, I am having destroyers tanking groups doing over twice my damage with nothing better than rank 7's and with an actual worse GS than my TR (and you know even if there GS was the same or a bit better it would be worse geared).
  • Options
    xamuyeesxamuyees Member Posts: 30
    edited July 2014
    I'm a pure pve TR and I have never been beaten by an HR, and i'm melee specced. These days I even beat CW's and Gwf's in damage. It really all just depends on the play style. My survivability is good too, and i don't build tanky or use impossible to catch, just dodge and more dodge. I have all damage powers in use. And with basically no change to TR's besides wicked reminder and the DF bug i've heard about... I will definitely be topping the dps charts, depending on how buffed the HR's get, and how good the SW are(because test shard's so broken for me so idk =[)

I say i will top charts because atm cw's and gwfs are always first or second, but come mod 4 cw's dps will be nerfed massively, and gwf's dps is VERY slow and low imo without their precious tab, which will probably hardly be used because GF's can now tank soooo much better.

Let me know if you want to know more about my rogue.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    They also now implemented the GWF mark so that it gives them an additional 20% damage and does not drop (well still bugged as some say it drops). It is like the typical scenario played out again. They start with reasonable GWF nerfs. The cries begin and they undo them. The cries continue and so they undo even more and add a few new powers. The cries continue and they start buffing even beyond where they started in the first place. It is a bit insane when you consider it as we all remember the last two (or was it three) GWF 'nerfs' ended up being strong buffs and the same thing is happening again.

In the meantime, on live, I am having destroyers tanking groups doing over twice my damage with nothing better than rank 7's and with an actual worse GS than my TR (and you know even if there GS was the same or a bit better it would be worse geared).

Even though gwf's got buffed they're still significantly weaker than Mod 2 Gwf. In Mod 2 my gwf with rank 7's and a regular Vorpal was out dpsing, out tanking, 15k-17k gs'd gwfs in t2.5. It all depends on the skill of the player. I was only 14k gs doing all that. But as soon as Mod 3 hit, just the regular Vorpal wouldn't do anymore, I couldn't top charts until i got myself a G.Vorp. But even then it's hard beating cw's now. But i've stopped playing my gwf for awhile now. Now i'm gearing all class to minimum of 15k, and I've done so with my Rogue. And let me tell you something. Ever since I started playing my TR, I have seen SO many bad GWF's it's unreal. I didn't know it was that hard to play gwf efficiently. On my rogue I can beat CW's and GWF's with higher gs than I. It all depends on the skill of the player(s).
  • Options
    sv3t1anasv3t1ana Banned Users Posts: 69
    edited July 2014
    xamuyees wrote: »
    I'm a pure pve TR and I have never been beaten by an HR, and i'm melee specced.

I had to highlight that part cause if you said PvP..I would have to call BS.
    Let's be honest here, there is not much challenge in PvE...
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    sv3t1ana wrote: »
    I had to highlight that part cause if you said PvP..I would have to call BS.
    Let's be honest here, there is not much challenge in PvE...

he means out damaged in pve by a ranger..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    I'm a pure pve TR and I have never been beaten by an HR, and i'm melee specced. These days I even beat CW's and Gwf's in damage. It really all just depends on the play style. My survivability is good too, and i don't build tanky or use impossible to catch, just dodge and more dodge. I have all damage powers in use. And with basically no change to TR's besides wicked reminder and the DF bug i've heard about... I will definitely be topping the dps charts, depending on how buffed the HR's get, and how good the SW are(because test shard's so broken for me so idk =[)

I say i will top charts because atm cw's and gwfs are always first or second, but come mod 4 cw's dps will be nerfed massively, and gwf's dps is VERY slow and low imo without their precious tab, which will probably hardly be used because GF's can now tank soooo much better.

Let me know if you want to know more about my rogue.

I have never been out damaged by an HR either. Only twice has a TR beaten me and they had me on GS especially on power. I have easily bested 18k TR that were pvp specced. The destroyer GWF has more single target damage than the TR and we cannot make that up with encounters as they have superior there as well. I don't see GWF being any weaker from preview and don't buy into their sandbagging for one second as that trick has been used previously too many times by the lot.

I am not saying you haven't beaten GWF as I have also, what I am saying is you would not beat the ones that beat me as no TR I have grouped with has ever done 25% more damage than me and certainly not 200% more.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    I have never been out damaged by an HR either. Only twice has a TR beaten me and they had me on GS especially on power. I have easily bested 18k TR that were pvp specced. The destroyer GWF has more single target damage than the TR and we cannot make that up with encounters as they have superior there as well. I don't see GWF being any weaker from preview and don't buy into their sandbagging for one second as that trick has been used previously too many times by the lot.

I am not saying you haven't beaten GWF as I have also, what I am saying is you would not beat the ones that beat me as no TR I have grouped with has ever done 25% more damage than me and certainly not 200% more.

Just because you can't beat them doesn't mean everyone else can't either. Not saying I can beat them, but I wouldn't know til i tried. Pvp any class is easy to beat. GWF single target is debateable, all depends on the person behind the screen. More than usual I can take aggro from them easy in boss fights, unless they're marking, then it's a bit tough. If you want to put it that way then I've never been beaten by another TR. I don't always group with other TR's, but when I do, I more than double their dps. Add me in-game, The Doctor@xamuyees4. I'd like to see your rogue.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    If we're talking PvP, I can 1v1 an HR from dawn to sundown and it will always be a stalemate. But we're talking Domination here, where I can't not step on Thorn Ward. Frankly, I may be able to kill an HR with a lucky crit with WoB... but that would mean I need to stay off node forever. No. Not a wise idea.

PvE... I've never been out damaged by a PvP-spec HR either. And I am PvP spec myself.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I'm a pure pve TR and I have never been beaten by an HR, and i'm melee specced. These days I even beat CW's and Gwf's in damage.

When I pug something like a CTA, chances seem to be about 50% that I'll get Paingiver and/or Executioner no matter what class I am playing. That's just the nature of the beast. Not everyone is playing their character to its full potential, so if you actually do, then you'll beat them all.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    When I pug something like a CTA, chances seem to be about 50% that I'll get Paingiver and/or Executioner no matter what class I am playing. That's just the nature of the beast. Not everyone is playing their character to its full potential, so if you actually do, then you'll beat them all.

Yep, exactly it. That's why I say it depends on the play style, and who the person playing is. It's just too bad you can't know who's good and who's not until you're already partied, because gs is just about the biggest lie in this game.
  • Options
    azeryk1azeryk1 Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Am also a PVE rogue and never get out DPS'd by rangers and can still hold my own against most GWFs and CWs - sure the high geared, pure damage ones can beat me but most can't. It's also been over a year since another rogue beat me, basically what am saying is that if you build your character right, and can play it right, then you wont have too many issues. I still get into dungeons easy enough and if CWs do get a nerf in module 4 then it will be even easily.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    morenthar wrote: »
    Right there with ya. I can stalemate the top-flight HRs, but can only kill the overconfident ones from time to time. It is pretty funny how a lot of them talk trash. So when you surprise them it's fun to give it back with little zingers like , "oh, that must be embarrassing." ;)

Probably should remove the tactical/strategical necessities if we want to compare VS scenarios, in which case certain factors such as Thorn Ward and etc are much less exaggerated in its efficiency against TRs.
  • Options
    twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    rustlord wrote: »
    If we're talking PvP, I can 1v1 an HR from dawn to sundown and it will always be a stalemate. But we're talking Domination here, where I can't not step on Thorn Ward. Frankly, I may be able to kill an HR with a lucky crit with WoB... but that would mean I need to stay off node forever. No. Not a wise idea.

PvE... I've never been out damaged by a PvP-spec HR either. And I am PvP spec myself.
    PvP spec HRs are incredibly sub-optimal for PvE DPS. Even PvE spec HRs can struggle with DPS due to a limited number of high damage powers and aggro generation meaning they spend more time dodging than pewpewing.

This will likely change in Mod 4. Pure Archer HR has superior PvE DPS potential to current Archer HR and reduced aggro. Survivability is pretty meh though.
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder