test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Do you PvP / PvE? Just interested on the player base.

ripyourlipsoffripyourlipsoff Member Posts: 1,552 Arc User
edited July 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
What do you play Neverwinter for? Do you play for the Dungeons, or to face thinking opponents in competition, or both?
Shieldbash 60 GF ~ Iron Vanguard 19.0k
Overpowered 60 CW ~ Thaumaturge 14.5k
==========================================

~ GF Buffs were great we are much better, please fix the bugs now... Thank you!
Post edited by ripyourlipsoff on

Comments

• pandora1xpandora1x Member Posts: 725 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    95% PVP , 2.5% Roleplay, 2.5% dungeons.

There is nothing more challenging like fighting another player, they're like advanced AI npc's c;
  • ripyourlipsoffripyourlipsoff Member Posts: 1,552 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Interesting, I wonder how this poll will turn out... I thought we were a 50% / 50% but PvP might surpass we shall see!

• tornnomartornnomar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 399 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    What the hey, I'll bite!

PVE. If I want PvP, I'll play a game designed for it.
    [img][/img]NORresized.png
    Branch Lead
  • katbozejziemikatbozejziemi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    The forums are in no way representative of the player base.
  • caunsidhcaunsidh Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 272 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    magenubbie wrote: »
    So at best you'll reach.. 10% of the playerbase maybe?

Not even 0.1%
    Therenil - Hunter Ranger, Stormwarden/Trapper
    3.jpg
  • zacazuzacazu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,934 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    simple phenomenon,

1 - for example I just started attending this forum because I heard the nerfs for pve are starting by pvp players.

2 - all suggestions given to enrich pve - up to 1 module - were promptly ignored. (would be possible to create a "nwo" better than the nwo.)

in short: the pvp community, being heard, still attending. the pve community, ignored, comes down to people trying to avoid the disaster of the first ... but without any prospect of bringing quality to the game.

ps: it's redundant to say that "nerfs and buffs" bring dynamic to pvp, but for pve would need a real work of creating content, so... it's a game that tends to fall in pvp.
  • pandora1xpandora1x Member Posts: 725 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    magenubbie wrote: »
    The foundry community has been crying for such improvements since open beta I think. But they already said no. :( At least, they said no to the foundry being able to do so. They didn't say no to the idea itself, but you know what that means: A "one day maybe" at best.

Aside from that, I find the larger foundries quite enjoyable. With PvP being boring as it as, I find much more fun in a 2h dungeon crawl than 2 hours of lame PvP.

I don't like doing Foundries alone. I usually want to have a partner with me (preferrably an RPer). They can be more enjoyable than anything if you RP inside them with a partner, honestly. Tried it a few times with a friend and it's the most fun thing I've ever did since beta. Sadly good things don't last and he's inactive. Have you ever tried that before? or you do play solo.

Foundry has so much potential it's ridiculous. It's a tool that can increase this game's quality tremendously. Not sure why the devs don't focus on it that much :(
  • pherrowpherrow Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 421 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I enjoy both aspects of the game but if I had to pick only 1, it would be pvp.
  • crixus8000crixus8000 Member Posts: 1,205 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    I do both but I love the challenge of fighting another player. Pvp takes more skill and can really show you just how good a player is and I enjoy trying to be the best during matches. And since I can only afford lesser enchants it actually makes it more fun lol.
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bucklittlebucklittle Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I play both. I started playing this game for PVE because it had been a long time since I played a MMO and I remembered how I liked the co-op style of play in dungeons in MMOs. Of course once I got into the game I also got into the PVP as I have always tended to with the MMOs I have played.

But, I would never play a MMO specifically for the PVP.
  • mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Where is the "leadership and praying" option?

On a serious note, I'd like to play both, but PvE currently sucks. Voted for PvP.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited July 2014
    . . . As this is pretty general of a poll and we haven't had this polled topic in a while, I'm putting this in General for maximum view-ability, for better poll results.

Safe travels,
    Archmage Zebular of Mystryl

PWE Community Moderator
  • orangefireeorangefiree Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,148 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Out of the choices given, I voted PVE as I rarely PVP, and am usually hoping the match will be over soon a couple minutes after I start.

Mostly though, I play for the foundry and roleplay.
    Neverwinter players are stubborn things....until you strip them down to bone. (Cursed players, my flowers, MINE!) Oh how I plotted their demise.
  • cheesegromitcheesegromit Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    PvE only and primarily solo at that. Group stuff is limited to event skirmishes.
  • syn100syn100 Member Posts: 137 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    pandora1x wrote: »
    xD It's not my fault you are horrible and don't fight on the point(node/circle) in Domination, which made your team lose when you were leading by 250 xDxD then you got yelled at by your team mate which was my friend lol.

Nahhh.. is only my usual method with bad teams that go around (read go enemy base and stop defend nodes) after I defend and cleared the other nodes.

After the my usually 2 or 3: "stay in middle node" if Im not wrong ur mate was the guy that yelled "no one can give me orders"... after that I simply stop play... we win at that point about 500 at 250.

After I stop play and was killed (finish with 11/12 kills and 1 death) and remain smoking in the spawn the others 4 guys lose the match 1000 at 500.

A healty lesson.. seem that ur friend "no one can give me orders" remember good.
    HR Syncro - The Equalizer - PvP stats: 10000/4800 (kills/deaths)
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited July 2014
    . . . I primarily only PvE. I only PvP when a few good friends somehow manage to talk me into it. I prefer to play 100% PvP games if I want to PvP and I don't care for Fantasy PvP, I prefer FPS for my PvP fixation. There was an exception, which sadly no longer exists, Shadowbane - I loved this game's pvp with a passion. Man, that was fun building, defending, and destroying entire player cities and nations. I had a blast on my Assassin, "Stupify," as well. But nay, I much prefer PvE in Neverwinter and any RPG (MMO or not), especially a D&D title (and a FR one at that!).
  • ripyourlipsoffripyourlipsoff Member Posts: 1,552 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I enjoy ALL the aspects of the game, from having different companions to accompany me, to the boons, however I really enjoy the trickery and tactical adjustments made in PvP, against other fast reflex thinking people.

• frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    PvE, though I have been doing some pvp even though I dislike it since the old content is getting stale and the new content is not worth doing.
  • caunsidhcaunsidh Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 272 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    mehguy138 wrote: »
    Where is the "leadership and praying" option?

Now that you mentioned it, there should also be a "Auction House" option. :D
    Therenil - Hunter Ranger, Stormwarden/Trapper
    3.jpg
  • mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    caunsidh wrote: »
    Now that you mentioned it, there should also be a "Auction House" option. :D

Well, then I demand an "I play for Gateway" option. Serves for leadership, praying and auction altogether :)
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • kirkcaldykirkcaldy Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    PVE all the way.
    This game is supposed to be about helping Knox and the people of Neverwinter,
    by killing the enemies/monsters and defending the good.
    Where does fighting and killing other people,
    who are supposed to be doing the same as you, fit into that. :D

• charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I'm a little surprised at the moment. It's pretty odd for me to meet someone that doesn't do both, so seeing so many pve only people has me surprised.
  • rollingonitrollingonit Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Both, but neither at a competitive lvl anymore. Back from a 7 month break. Easing my way back in. 5 domination matches in got a GF qq'n entire time, while his team loses. ahh good old PVP. PVE got my Black Ice gloves after 2 days of farming IWD. (sorry, dont hate me. hey I still gotta unlock the rep to even upgrade them)
    We can pretend.
    Fox Stevenson - Sandblast
    Oh Wonder - Without You

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    - Dylan Thomas
  • jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Pve on my CW. Pvp on my HR. But pvp is the main reason I play.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • allenscottallenscott Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I don't PvP very often, as most people who do it regularly are the ones I am pitted against. It is a fun feature though and I recommend enriching your NW experience by jumping in regularly. I do feel that adding Tenacity really killed build variety and nullified many previously used gear sets. Thankfully I hadn't yet wasted much of my time or money building them! PvP feels much too beta to me, so I will stick with the PvE activities until my characters have nothing else to achieve and/or the PvP systems get some serious development.

A thought concerning balancing efforts within NW: When some part of a game does not perform up to expectations, you don't nerf other aspects to 'cover' the problem. When some feature seems to outperform others, you don't strip it of its effectiveness, you bring other aspects of the game up to that standard. I am unhappy with the rounds of nerfing that has been going on(and planned). I feel that these nerfs are a lazy way out of an obvious need to buff some characters, powers and items in NW.

Just my nickle's worth.
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    The forums are more biased towards the hardcore scene (who are endgame players that have switched to PVP)

Seeing that PVE outnumbers PVP 3:1 is very interesting despite the biased pool and should tell Cryptic what they need to work on
  • khimera906khimera906 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 898 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I'd have to get very bored to try pvp.
    I hate dancing with Lady Luck. She always steps on my toes.
  • hmdq#4491 hmdq Member Posts: 508 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    tornnomar wrote: »
    What the hey, I'll bite!

PVE. If I want PvP, I'll play a game designed for it.

totally agree
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    PVE 100%

Id rather have my eyes gouged out with rusty spoons then to suffer one micro second of PVP.
  • ianthewizard2012ianthewizard2012 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,142 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Mainly a PvEr. But also do PvP for daily rAD and artifacts in order to refine my other/new artifacts.