What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Matchmaking- partial premades put together against pugs

Comments

• Options
    markonsmarkons Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    All I know is that I never entered a balanced pvp match, except once, and I play since beta.... I either loose badly or win greatly
  • Options
    williep30williep30 Member Posts: 773 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    markons wrote: »
    All I know is that I never entered a balanced pvp match, except once, and I play since beta.... I either loose badly or win greatly

^This x1000.
    I hear "learn to play" all the time, but it seems to me that it should be defined as "my class is balanced, except when others beat it, then THAT class is OP"...
  • Options
    tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    magenubbie wrote: »
    Not "oh, eff that. Here I am, carrying a bunch of nobodies to some glory". That mindset creates your own downfall. Fun is not something you get, it's something you create. Who knows, when you're trying to have fun, you may actually get some. Premades can be fun, but it's not the almighty only thing in the world. Sorry you lost your nerve.

I can't create fun when my team or the opposition team play like they're poking the keyboard with a coke bottle held in their mouth.

I have nothing against challenging my team to try and win but my tactical pep speeches that generally consist of " everyone except the TR keep running to mid and die, TR backcap or go home" barely ever works. I dunno, it used to be be more effective, I used to have a 50/50 chance of my pug group listening to my advice and winning or at least having a close game. In short, pugging used to be kinda fun and I met some great players that way.
    Now? Not really, especially with the game recording your deaths. Nobody ever listens and people certainly don't want to run and die at nodes just to contest it.
    All I see people wanting to do is s-talk the other side because they're "overgeared", "P2W bads using mom's credit card", "a stupid cheating premade (which I understand sometimes, if it's actually a premade and 3-5 GWFs)". I hate s-talk.

If I seem jaded and negative about solo queueing, maybe it because I've become such through repeated matchmaking failures that have only seemed to get worse lately.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • Options
    tcarncetcarnce Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 976 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    i like the signature ;p
    it`s what i secretly think a little because of what`s happening and how devs are trying to balance this game.
    but can`t look too cloudy, not everyone is playing iv gwf.
    but i doubt strongly about how things are handled how much it will shorten it`s lifetime.
  • Options
    pherrowpherrow Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I see being the strongest one in the team as a challenge to inspire my team to keep trying. Not "oh, eff that. Here I am, carrying a bunch of nobodies to some glory". That mindset creates your own downfall. Fun is not something you get, it's something you create. Who knows, when you're trying to have fun, you may actually get some. Premades can be fun, but it's not the almighty only thing in the world. Sorry you lost your nerve.

Yet, in another thread, you claim to record all roar users then leave the match. You couldn't find any fun in those matches? That pretty much looks like an "F that situation" in which you strip the possibility of fun away from your teammates since they are now 4v5. Nice.
  • Options
    kolevrakolevra Member Posts: 345 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I'd personally like that, especially since I only solo queue, but it's not a solo game. That would kind of take away from the possibility of a two top-notch teams performing at optimal levels competing.

Not that this ever really actually seems to happen.

On the contrary sir, Unranked queue would still allow for premades.

Somewhere down the line, if Cryptic were to expand on their ladder system and create a ladder for unique teams of 5, then I would find it acceptable to let 5 man teams compete in a ranked match. But currently, we are ranked as individuals, we should also be queuing as individuals.

Solo-queue would also work wonders for the matchmaking system's ability to effectively set up balanced matches.
    --- Ranked matches need to be solo-queue only
    Enforce rainbow parties in PvP ---- 10v10 PvP ----
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    pherrow wrote: »
    So much for the idea of PvP guilds.

Yep, the people who refuse to enter a match without their team are the one's who will fight the solo-queue the most. The solution is for Cryptic to work on a team-based ladder. Until then, "PvP guilds" can compete in the unranked ladder. The ladder we have now doesn't rank teams so its only natural not to allow teams.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    kolevra wrote: »

Somewhere down the line, if Cryptic were to expand on their ladder system and create a ladder for unique teams of 5, then I would find it acceptable to let 5 man teams compete in a ranked match. But currently, we are ranked as individuals, we should also be queuing as individuals.

Solo-queue would also work wonders for the matchmaking system's ability to effectively set up balanced matches.

You say somewhere down the line but how long would that be??? What happens to the pvp guilds in the mean time? That doesn't sound like a fair compromise to the people (guild leaders and members) who have created and molded a network of players for pvp over the past year. Not being able to compete with your buds? Come on bro.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Yep, the people who refuse to enter a match without their team are the one's who will fight the solo-queue the most. The solution is for Cryptic to work on a team-based ladder. Until then, "PvP guilds" can compete in the unranked ladder. The ladder we have now doesn't rank teams so its only natural not to allow teams.

Is insta quit what you want to see from a huge numbers of folks?

ETA. Not meaning to come off rude...much is lost in simple text. Apologies it my posts have that tone.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    You say somewhere down the line but how long would that be??? What happens to the pvp guilds in the mean time? That doesn't sound like a fair compromise to the people (guild leaders and members) who have created and molded a network of players for pvp over the past year. Not being able to compete with your buds? Come on bro.

kind of too late. competition rising, also f2p.
    the way things are handled in this game is just too weird for words.
    i don`t think real maths are used since some classes had already more then 200% nerfs including upcoming ones.
    i don`t track it exactly, it `s way more then 200%
    which is a ridiculous number already.
  • Options
    melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    markons wrote: »
    williep30 wrote: »
    ^This x1000.

so... the irony here is you're either going to win or lose a match. for some people, when they start to lose, they tend to give up or not work as hard towards winning. it may be human nature you're seeing as opposed to some fault with the matchmaking system.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    There's a huge difference between trying to make the best of a bad situation and being up against a bunch of deliberate bug abusers. The first I gladly do, the second, I refuse. Not because I can't win, because maybe I could, dunno. It's the principle that matters. I'm not here to be food for bug abusers. I'll fight any normal GWF without hesitation or caring if I live or die, as long as I give it my best. But bug abuse? Sorry. Go bother somebody else with it if you can after my report. I've got better things to do. Actually, devs should just fix it instead of waiting for a new module. At least I'd get some matches done. Editing all those videos and wasting bandwith uploading it to youtube seriously starts to cut into my playtime.

Then you should check your principles, leaving four other players who have no choice who they are paired with to deal with the match 4v5 (repeatedly) is a bit outside of a good principle. Or at least don't coach others on how to make the most of something if you clearly won't when it doesn't fit your desired parameters. Maybe you should just take a break, don't que up until the fix is reported so you don't leave four unsuspecting folks high and dry. You know, it's the principle that matters.

The part in blue...I agree with.

Cheers
  • Options
    ianthewizard2012ianthewizard2012 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,142 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Today I partied with people whose GS is a lot higher (19K) than mine, and also partied with people whose GS is a lot lower (6k) than mine. The matchmaking system seriously needs a fix.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    melodywhr wrote: »
    so... the irony here is you're either going to win or lose a match. for some people, when they start to lose, they tend to give up or not work as hard towards winning. it may be human nature you're seeing as opposed to some fault with the matchmaking system.
    hahahaha and now the real story, fault of matchmaking is higher geared ones have to boost lower geared ones, no opposits at all in that version.
    you can keep defending it, but the matchmaking problem already been forwarded to the devs by a producer or something.
    so kind of useless.

this problem could have been prevented already months ago, because it was an easy predicteble outcome as i wrote months ago but you standard replied it was speculation.
    i`m not going to spend anymore time on this and neither should you with defending it.
    it`s all useless and timewasting.
  • Options
    melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    you cannot use any single match as an example of a failed matchmaking. here is why:

let's say the time is 10pm on thursday morning, pacific standard time. you queue up for pvp and at that same moment, 20 people queue up with you. so there are 20 people in queue and their class and ratings are as follows (based on a rating scale of 1-1000, 1000 being top, 1 being bottom - 500 is the score that everyone begins at with no matches won or lost):
    1. GWF, 997
    2. CW, 800
    3. HR, 950
    4. TR, 900
    5. CW, 700
    6. GF, 600
    7. HR, 400
    8. DC, 560
    9. GWF, 850
    10. GWF, 300
    11. TR, 500
    12. DC, 650
    13. CW, 100
    14. HR, 250
    15. GF, 751
    16. DC, 300
    17. TR, 670
    18. GF, 430
    19. CW, 150
    20. DC, 540

all 20 of these players are going to be teamed together even though their ratings are all across the board because this is all that are currently queued for pvp domination. this is regardless of their GS because GS is not part of the matchmaking process. it has been stated by the devs that gear is not an appropriate indicator of skill. so no matter what the GS of the character, they will be placed by their rating. is is possible that someone can have a GS of 15k and be placed with someone with a 6k GS? absolutely. if you could limit your matches to the top 10% then you might be waiting a long time to get into a match. but this would all depend on who is in the queue and when.

is it likely that CW #19 has a high GS? probably not. it's also possible that they haven't played a lot of matches or don't understand the strategies of pvp domination. but they are in queue to pvp at this exact moment and someone is going to get them on their team.

this is all based on the fact that pvp is not limited to hardcore players only. they could place a GS limit on end game pvp, but this would cut out potential pvpers from enjoying part of the game and could increase wait times for others.

there are many ways to skin a cat and some people may not agree with this method of matchmaking, but the alternate seems to be no matchmaking or high wait times. and we know how much people like high wait times.
  • Options
    hamletswordshamletswords Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,320 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014

Well, you have a point since we are ranked individually.
    My Harem: Dawn HR, Erin CW, Piper TR, Zoe GWF
  • Options
    tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    melodywhr wrote: »
    -Unproven conjecture-

Yeah, I'm gonna ignore anything you say on the topic of PvP.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • Options
    edited June 2014

In the mean time pvp guilds can play in normal queue if they want to play in a team. It doesn't make normal queue any less competitive or honorable or glorious or whatever pvp teams are after. It just makes it so pvp teams cant climb the ladder which is an individual ladder.
  • Options
    hypervoreianhypervoreian Member Posts: 1,036 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Bah. So called competing guilds (I prefer to call em OPvP roflstomping guilds) don't want competition. They exist to feed egos, not to play competitive. I'm sure there's an exception or two, but I never ran into em. If they really want to compete against each other there's more than enough ways to do so.

^^^
    This.I pugged today for the daily rhinx pvp reward.
    i am 14,6 Gf i ended up with 2 Cws (one of them real good ) a 12gs HR and a 10gs GWF.

While the enemies were in a single team:
    Black Lotus perma.Tornado of souls GWf.EoA HR.these i saw.They wee 2 more Tornado of Souls/Black Lous.I do not remember the classes cause the "X" page showed all map players in red(bug).And did not had time to see who was in my team and who not;.
    Now that was lame.They made a op premade and pugged to farm kills.
    Their tactics?Roar fest ,and perma lashing blade the roared opponents.These are the "pvp" guilds.And somehow devs respect these trolls and even hear thier suggestions from time to time..Pfff
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    In the mean time pvp guilds can play in normal queue if they want to play in a team. It doesn't make normal queue any less competitive or honorable or glorious or whatever pvp teams are after. It just makes it so pvp teams cant climb the ladder which is an individual ladder.

Again, what is the mean time? A year maybe? That's like joining a football team where every game day you arrive at the field with countless other teams and pick teams, pretty useless.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    ^^^
    i am 14,6 Gf i ended up with 2 Cws (one of them real good ) a 12gs HR and a 10gs GWF.

Black Lotus perma.Tornado of souls GWf.EoA HR.these i saw.They wee 2 more Tornado of Souls/Black Lous.I do not remember the classes cause the "X" page showed all map players in red(bug).And did not had time to see who was in my team and who not;.
    Their tactics?Roar fest ,and perma lashing blade the roared opponents.These are the "pvp" guilds.And somehow devs respect these trolls and even hear thier suggestions from time to time..Pfff

Your experience would still be the same if you were pitted against 5 random, highly geared/skilled hardcore pvp'ers...without pvp guild tags. Or just a few hardcore pvp'ers on the opposing team for that matter.

What are those suggestions the dev hear from pvpers you speak of? I truly want to know.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    ....5 random, highly geared/skilled hardcore pvp'ers....?man this is less possible to happen from a comet hitting the earth tomorrow.Are you trolling us? :) the whole thread is about mismatching and you say to me that you can pited (or be in the same team ) with 5 random high geared pvpers? This happens one time in 100.While premades farming kills is happening regularly.if you fail to recognize that ,then for me,you are just an apologiser for their lame behaviour.

And before you start talking ,the perma BLotus TR-troll reached the spawn area in hotenow and pushed me over :P Now man this was a new glitch for me.I was familiar with the leap slam of the GWfs but this has to happen to me for quiiiittteeee some time.Perma to reach the respawn point .

back to topic :
    5 random players would not be 2 GWfs roar champions ,one perma that worked in synergy with the gwfs and one Bis hardcore pvper HR.I think the fifth was a Cw not sure though.
    You think by luck you can get this composition and gs???? Common!!! :)

(and to be honest and to give respect where deserves:the EoA player was descent and talkative.As general EoA players tend to be...I am not familiar with ToS i have not played against them many times.but definitely the remaining guild whic i do not say its name is a guild of trolish behaviour of epic proportions )

You have a lot of noise up there^. And yea, there are people that solo que that are pvp'ers. I've been in many a match that consists of these folks who stomp the ****e out of the opposition. And as I said, even just a few of those will do. Just with the team comp you mentioned it was basically you and a good CW that had to carry the team. You are sittin at 14k and a bad spot because GF haven't had the love in far too long. You and that C dub are not going to carry that team if you get ANY serious competition. Nevermind you have 2 CWs in a pug...

But to ask again, what are the suggestion the pvp guildies mention that the devs hear? Don't dodge it, answer it.

ETA: There's no need to talk guilds, general chatter will do.
  • Options
    proneificationproneification Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 494 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    ^^^

Permas don't use Lashing :| Black Lotus is a PvE guild lol (yes they do have a few good PvP players).

"They made an OP premade" or "they pugged"? Which is what now?!?

What you seem to have met is a full premade or maybe 2 duo semis, that's all. Your only valid complaint here is that you got matched against these guys in a ****ty team.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Again, what is the mean time? A year maybe? That's like joining a football team where every game day you arrive at the field with countless other teams and pick teams, pretty useless.

A better analogy would be showing up to the park to play basketball and shooting for teams every game to make sure the games are fun and fair.

The current system is like rolling up to the park with 4 of your D1 athlete buddies and expecting to play as a team in a pickup game.

As far as how long it takes to establish a team ladder, that's not something anyone can answer, so I don't know how long the mean time is. My guess is that it would probably have something to do with how much people actually cared about it being in the game.
  • Options
    hamletswordshamletswords Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,320 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    What you seem to have met is a full premade or maybe 2 duo semis, that's all. Your only valid complaint here is that you got matched against these guys in a ****ty team.

What probably happened is he got matched with other puggers against "2 duo semis", which is the point of this thread.

1 of those partial premades should have been on his side if matchmaking was working as intended for the most balanced match possible.
    My Harem: Dawn HR, Erin CW, Piper TR, Zoe GWF
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    A better analogy would be showing up to the park to play basketball and shooting for teams every game to make sure the games are fun and fair.

The current system is like rolling up to the park with 4 of your D1 athlete buddies and expecting to play as a team in a pickup game.

As far as how long it takes to establish a team ladder, that's not something anyone can answer, so I don't know how long the mean time is. My guess is that it would probably have something to do with how much people actually cared about it being in the game.

Sorry bro, the teams are established before arrival at said park (using your analogy). As it's set in NW, the guilds are long established teams in many cases. The pick up groups are the daily type pve'res or pvp'ers who choose to solo. Since we have control of who our team is (or party, if you like), there is no hoping to be on a team, it happens if you so choose. No need for a pick-up. You know this. There is no reason to strip this away from the said teams already in existence.. fix the match-making.

Your analogy would only be valid if solo que was the only option this game delivered from the beginning and that is not the case.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    What probably happened is he got matched with other puggers against "2 duo semis", which is the point of this thread.

1 of those partial premades should have been on his side if matchmaking was working as intended for the most balanced match possible.

Probably true. Instead of the elo ranking used to find suitable opponents it creates a comparably ranked team...or at least it seems that way fairly often.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    "Permas don't use Lashing " Thanx i did not know the lashing blade sound and animation .After almost 8 months of playing you GWF opened my eyes!!Thanx!!

If the TR used Lashing Blade, they were not using a permastealth build, the end. There is no use for LB in a permastealth build because... it throws the TR out of stealth. It's a burst damage skill. Perma has no burst damage.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Leveled new fresh 10k HR, joined arena, got party of 10k people and faced full R10s+legendary artifacts GWF, that killed us 1vs5. Oh, and he was in duo premade.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz