Install Arc
Options

Matchmaking- partial premades put together against pugs

13»

Comments

• Options
    reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I don't know why pvp guilds would be against only solo ranked matches and unranked free matches, after all we've been playing unranked since a long time ago, so what's the difference? just a few months with the leaderboard?
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    kolevrakolevra Member Posts: 345 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    reiwulf wrote: »
    I don't know why pvp guilds would be against only solo ranked matches and unranked free matches, after all we've been playing unranked since a long time ago, so what's the difference? just a few months with the leaderboard?

Exactly. Let teams queue for normal matches. It would be the same as it always has. Enforcing solo-queue for ranked matches would only be furthering the accuracy of the current ladder while deterring teams from stacking odds in their favor in order to take advantage of the obvious inconsistencies of match-making to climb the ladder unfairly.

There is nothing wrong with wanting to play --win, lose, faceroll, whatever -- as a TEAM, all I'm saying is that it's unfair to be able to climb the INDIVIDUAL-ladder as a TEAM.

If PvP teams want competitive, ranked team vs team play, then they should advocate for an additional TEAM-BASED LADDER, or better perhaps, a GUILD-BASED LADDER, and consequently a RANKED TEAM/GUILD-BASED QUEUE MODE. The current ladder is an INDIVIDUAL LADDER and yet we still allow for TEAM QUEUE. Personally, I would love to see these implemented as well as the current ladder we have, but for now, we need a queue-mode that reflects the ladder properly.

Enforcing solo-queue for ranked matches is not in anyway trying to stop people from playing with their friends/guildies, it is merely an attempt to create a more fair and competitive game-mode that better reflects the current ranking system.
    --- Ranked matches need to be solo-queue only
    Enforce rainbow parties in PvP ---- 10v10 PvP ----
  • Options
    pherrowpherrow Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    kolevra wrote: »
    Exactly. Let teams queue for normal matches. It would be the same as it always has. Enforcing solo-queue for ranked matches would only be furthering the accuracy of the current ladder while deterring teams from stacking odds in their favor in order to take advantage of the obvious inconsistencies of match-making to climb the ladder unfairly.

There is nothing wrong with wanting to play --win, lose, faceroll, whatever -- as a TEAM, all I'm saying is that it's unfair to be able to climb the INDIVIDUAL-ladder as a TEAM.

If PvP teams want competitive, ranked team vs team play, then they should advocate for an additional TEAM-BASED LADDER, or better perhaps, a GUILD-BASED LADDER, and consequently a RANKED TEAM/GUILD-BASED QUEUE MODE. The current ladder is an INDIVIDUAL LADDER and yet we still allow for TEAM QUEUE. Personally, I would love to see these implemented as well as the current ladder we have, but for now, we need a queue-mode that reflects the ladder properly.

Enforcing solo-queue for ranked matches is not in anyway trying to stop people from playing with their friends/guildies, it is merely an attempt to create a more fair and competitive game-mode that better reflects the current ranking system.

Oh, pfft. If that was what you meant in the beginning then I apologize. I had the misunderstanding that you were saying the ONLY thing available would be a solo Q that was ranked. Ha, if it is simply the same when you q premade you just don't get ranked matches, that's all good. I didn't see that in your meaning so I must have misread. Since most seem to state they don't care what the leader board says then most should not care about ranked solo Q. So with that being said, I agree with you. My bad.