test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Module 4: What Module 4 NEEDS to have for Neverwinter to succeed.

124»

Comments

• lwedarlwedar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 790 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    For anybody interested , some serious GWF and CW nerfing coming , Tyranny of the dragon CW and GWF skill changes patch notes for preview here , just a taste CW eye of the storm now has 90 sec ICD , GWF Unstoppable: Unstoppable now grants 5-10% damage resist when activated (down from 25-50%) - http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?692671-Tyranny-of-Dragons-Preview-Patch-Notes-NW-25-20140616d-2&p=8209941#post8209941

wow thats alot changes...
    "we all love this game and want it to thrive"
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    nvm used wrong context reading the guy above's post I think XD
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • hamletswordshamletswords Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,320 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    Wow can you read? you see the words " just a taste"? try clicking the link before you make ignorant comments.

I don't think he's being sarcastic. It IS a lot of changes.
    My Harem: Dawn HR, Erin CW, Piper TR, Zoe GWF
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I don't think he's being sarcastic. It IS a lot of changes.

If that's the case then I'm a derp for reading it wrong , I thought he was being sarcastic , I appologise if he actually meant it XD
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • puredestruction2puredestruction2 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    morsitans wrote: »
    No, 15k is insane and wholly unnecessary for all PvE content. My DC is almost a year old and is still only just over 14k (mostly because of artifact bloat). All my other dudes are like 11-12k.

All those dungeons can be done at minimum requirements with a team that works well together, and at 11k pretty easily even with a team of randoms. What class are you?

I guess you were right and those first few runs were just flukes of bad players and i wasn't really so awful. I have a CW and
    GWF at 60 around 11k, but yea i found a team last night that we managed to do 4 FH runs in 2 maybe 2 and a half hours, and the only wipes were after we killed last boss b/c its faster than killing everything. Also should say i in no way really felt useless like i had in those runs before. I will have to try using Legit channel now though, i didn't know about it. It's usually ridiculous convincing someone that i'm not a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> and won't make us wipe 50 times b/c of my low gs.
    edited June 2014
    If that's the case then I'm a derp for reading it wrong , I thought he was being sarcastic , I appologise if he actually meant it XD

no worries. I did mean it :) some very big changes as well
  • todesfaelletodesfaelle Member Posts: 1,370 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Ideas for a 25-man Raid Battle against Tiamat.

We need a raid, we need PVE content that doesn't feel linear and will be a different experience for each run.
  • melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    ayroux wrote: »
    This isnt about PVP versus PVE guys... Its about what should be included in mod 4 to bring this game back on track...

In my opinion, PVP adds alot of value to games like this because there are entire communities that are looking to play a game like this, with PVP.

PVP brings alot of good to the game, which is why it SHOULD get some updates. Noone is saying PVP should be the end all be all, bit ignoring it is also a big mistake - as seen here in NW. I cant even count the number of ppl that have quit just because there is nothing to do anymore.

Even PVPers run alot of PVE SO they can PVP... BOTH need to be addressed...

...on track from what?

PWE is regularly updating neverwinter and providing great content. i don't see any indication that they are hurting. as a free to play game, it is always going to have players coming and going whether it's new players or returning players. it's just the nature of f2p MMOs.

as for what it needs to succeed, i'm confident that whatever they release will be just fine. the refinement system was changed and this upset some but the game still has a solid core player base. balance changes have been made that upset some but people are still playing the game. through many forum explosions, the game is still operating. people are still employed and churning out content, weekly patches, etc.

i don't think it's going anywhere any time soon. i'm looking forward to the new content. and the module after that and the one after that.
  • melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    also, this thread has been moved from the live forums to the preview forums since M4 is now on the preview shard. i'm sure M4 will be discussed in this thread and we don't want anyone to confuse these discussions with what's on the live shard.

thanks.
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Striker (Ranger, Rogue, Warlock)
    Strikers specialize in dealing high amounts of damage
    to a single target at a time. They have the most concentrated
    offense of any character in the game. Strikers rely
    on superior mobility, trickery, or magic to move around
    tough foes and single out the enemy they want to attack.

If this is the case (I'll have to take your word for it as all of my PnP books are 1e and 2e), then I have a major gripe as a PvE-only HR. We have *NO* ranger-specific gear that increases Movement. None. My movement bonus is 100% from:

- dark enchantments in utility slots
    - Hrimnir's jewelry (rings + amulet)
    - Aurora's Catalogue

If we're supposed to have superior mobility, then why in the Hells do we have NO equipment to give us said mobility? Something is very wrong here. Can we get at least *something* in M4 to correct this?

To get a little closer to topic:

IMHO, M4 *needs* dynamic questing instead of just the same predictable dailies. Maybe some randomness, maybe chain quests together, maybe a quest tree where the path is determined randomly: there are potentially lots of possibilities.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • lyaiselyaise Member Posts: 491 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    DC is actually in a decent spot right now. In my opinion an ideal pvp class makeup requires a DC they are also required for PVE already.
    GWFs already have a roar nerf incoming as well as a nerf to unstoppable REcovery - a feat that accounts for a LARGE portion of a GWFs self healing using ACT during pvp. With roar+unstop recov being nerfed, ALONG with the changes above, I think you will find the GWF is not the beast it currently is in PVP. If a CW can control easier, if a GF can deal more damage and a TR isnt forced to hide in stealth, the GWF will feel much more squishy compared to what he is now.

'DC is actually in a decent spot right now' - Never has so much error been contained in so few words. You have either never played the class at end level, or the decent place you refer to is getting stomped every few seconds.

Please do not post anything further in regard to the DC.

Let me refer you to this:
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?684491-Goodbye-all-!!-Goodbye-cleric-!!

The guy was one of the founders of the cleric playerbase, helped create the best cleric guides out there - and has now quit. He stuck with the class since beta and knows it inside out, helping other players all this time.

So do not for 1 minute listen to someone who flies past the class saying they are ok. They do need improvements, and it appears Mod-4 is just another missed opportunity for this ignored class.
    ...............vote for your favourite expansion..........
    "Mod 6. Oh my f****** god. It gutted the game pure and simple. And what wasn't gutted was messed up by the poorly thought out new level cap and equip. The game never recovered from that atrocity".
    ..............not this one then.............
  • gunbahahagunbahaha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 139
    edited June 2014
    new pvp modes like arenas is for sure one thing
    even more pvw dungeons why not
    also guilds have to be more useful

as for pvp balance i laughed when the op said that trs HAVE to go to stealth
    yes my friend that is what makes them op in pvp and i will never stop saying this
    its the only class in the world who can take you down from stealth all the way
    (plus itc)
    increase dmg maybe but when you do dmg or take dmg must take stealth away or they will keep being the kings for ever
    the dc indeed is in a good spot , dc is not here to kill but to protect and he does this very well especially himself
    most of the guys who complain havent played the end-game , trust me guys to see the full potential of a class
    get him to above 17-18k gs and you will see
    some classes like tr and hr may be low at low gs but boost above the others at high gs
    same goes for dc
  • bucklittlebucklittle Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    To succeed Neverwinter needs to keep GWF as a strong PVP class.
  • lyaiselyaise Member Posts: 491 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    bucklittle wrote: »
    To succeed Neverwinter needs to keep GWF as a strong PVP class.

Well, my main is a DC, but my first alt is a GWF so I completely agree :-)
    But there is always a but....
    I think you could have every different class player coming on here and saying the same thing for CW, TR, HR etc etc...oh and DC of course!

The main focus is balance, but balance with a caveat:
    I think it is unreasonable to expect that you will get balance between every class in a 1v1 pvp situation. The closest other games have come to this is specific class killers.

What I mean is that you have classes A,B,C etc
    Class A tends be better fighting B. Whereas B is better against C, C in turn does better against A.......and so on.

That's not to say that the matches can never result in different outcomes, but getting a perfect balance is a utopian and impossible situation. The only way to guarantee this would be all playing the same geared class.

Back to the Preview Patch Notes:
    I feel there is too much here. Ok, some classes where regarded as OP, but surely this is a case for gradual adjustments and immediate fixes to abilities not working properly, not several paragraphs of changes.

I fear that the extent of these changes will only introduce another stage of an OP class or classes.
    ...............vote for your favourite expansion..........
    "Mod 6. Oh my f****** god. It gutted the game pure and simple. And what wasn't gutted was messed up by the poorly thought out new level cap and equip. The game never recovered from that atrocity".
    ..............not this one then.............
  • ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    If they put me in charge of new content here is what mod 4 would look like.

1) 10 man versions of ALL the T1 heroic dungeons.
    - New T3 gear/gearsets for each class.
    (leaves potential for another 10 man re-work of the T2 dungeons)

2) New PvP domination map.

3) Arena PVP
    - 2v2/3v3/5v5 TEAMS you make (like a guild), with VISIBLE rating.
    - New T3 PVP gear sets earned from Arena.
    (Idea here is think of that initial contact at mid when its 5v5... Thats what it would look like in a sense)

4) New PVE campaign
    examples could be:
    - Complete 20 heroic dungeons.
    - Complete 20 "10 man" dungeons.
    - could even do class specific things here like top damage, top healing etc.

5) Push out the warlock

DONE.

Basically NO true "NEW" content or storyline needed. Although this isnt what Mod 4 is supposed to be because of the DnD rules coming, but this is what I would do maybe for mod 5 then, since mod 4 is probably close to coming to the PTR within a few weeks.
    edited June 2014
    If they put me in charge of new content here is what mod 4 would look like.

1) 10 man versions of ALL the T1 heroic dungeons.
    - New T3 gear/gearsets for each class.
    (leaves potential for another 10 man re-work of the T2 dungeons)

2) New PvP domination map.

3) Arena PVP
    - 2v2/3v3/5v5 TEAMS you make (like a guild), with VISIBLE rating.
    - New T3 PVP gear sets earned from Arena.
    (Idea here is think of that initial contact at mid when its 5v5... Thats what it would look like in a sense)

4) New PVE campaign
    examples could be:
    - Complete 20 heroic dungeons.
    - Complete 20 "10 man" dungeons.
    - could even do class specific things here like top damage, top healing etc.

5) Push out the warlock

DONE.

Basically NO true "NEW" content or storyline needed. Although this isnt what Mod 4 is supposed to be because of the DnD rules coming, but this is what I would do maybe for mod 5 then, since mod 4 is probably close to coming to the PTR within a few weeks.

I like all of this sir. I would throw in some class specific boons as well. let the classes differentiate themselfs more
  • reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I actually like to have new maps to explore with every module. I'd hate for this module to now have anything actually new to see.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • fdsakhfduewhfiuffdsakhfduewhfiuf Member Posts: 604 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    It's too late for wishes for module 4. Development will already almost be done by now. There's only bug-fixing and tweaking left. In the next few weeks all of module 4 will need to be available on the preview server if they want to give us time for beta testing before the release mid-August.

From the stuff that's currently on preview it seems new quests have been added revisiting existing areas like Icespire Peak. Also the concept of heroic encounters has been extended to lower levels and other areas like Icespire Peak.
  • nurmoodnurmood Member Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    5) Weapon/Armor Enchants Redone[/SIZE]
    Crush is aware of this, there are many thread about how 1) weapon enchants done scale across all classes evenly, making all enchants a % DAMAGE increase rather than based on weapon damage allows this to scale across all classes much better.

Armor enchants are ALL lackluster. CDs need to be dropped down, benefits need to be increased...

well this one of the most important changes that this game needs
  • b3llist0rb3llist0r Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    1) New PVE DUNGEONS.
    New dungeons. More players. Timers. More equipment options... all said in the last 100 pages.

I want to add: IMPROVE THE DUNGEONS
    -Non-epic and epic. Not enough. Add from real-epic to insane-epic difficulty levels for EVERY DUNGEON with a-little-bit-better Loot. We do everything for some more power ;-) Higher mob levels. More abilities for mobs. Different KI ... scripts, Deadly traps (means 10k-40k DMG!! oops!). Timer events.. reach the next door in 180s or get dropped down by one difficulty level. Dungeon tasks: Collect 7 key-stones from mobs (so u have to kill all!!!) to open the door OR kill the LvL99 Guardian Golem (which is nearly impossible an takes 2 hours). Very hard to insane boss skill rotations and abilities. Example: Aboleth Overseer could cast the hell (time stop, metor rain, walls of force at random positions)... punishment leads to fun here.. challenge me!
    - Rework all dungeons. More jump-and-run bonus areas.. Pirate King dungeon design is a good start. Balance the Boss Fights. Example: ToS dungeon. Spider Queen is OK .. for a since-beta boss everybody can do now. But the other bosses before... a joke! I can kill them alone! Rework please!
    - Change/improve boss rotations to be random and deadly.
    - Improve dungeon skill node loot by something around 1000% and make them rare. Let them search for it! Add interesting quests to them like tried (?) in Cloak Tower where u can find some items and put em on the pillars to get another chest... ATM this is no reason for a player to collect the stuff because the chest contains...<font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. Speed run the dungeon -> Ok. But players who explore and invest time to kill all mobs, open all chests, search all corners could have fun too... and the reviews in gaming magazines... :--)
    - Add some good items to the standard mob loot tables. Why should anyone kill trash?
    2) New PVP Maps and Gametypes
    and
    3) Contesting needs to be removed from PVP
    Yes! PvP is a joke and stuck. It needs constant improvement and changes to be challenging and interesting!
    4) Balance
    Yes! They try... let´s give MOD4 a chance.
    5) Weapon/Armor Enchants Redone
    Yes! I want D&D. The torture to decide which item i wear. Not the no brainer BIS. See Avatar of War... WTF? 95% of all LVL60 purple stuff is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> and 95% of all enchants are useless!

Do it now! Neverwinter rocks and I want it to survive!

//Bellistor
  • ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    It's too late for wishes for module 4. Development will already almost be done by now. There's only bug-fixing and tweaking left. In the next few weeks all of module 4 will need to be available on the preview server if they want to give us time for beta testing before the release mid-August.

From the stuff that's currently on preview it seems new quests have been added revisiting existing areas like Icespire Peak. Also the concept of heroic encounters has been extended to lower levels and other areas like Icespire Peak.

Yeah I know....

I just feel like the game need some bigger group content, not like zone pvp or GG even. Look, I am HEAVILY against huge raids, or having "raid times" and all that <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. But I do think even 10 man dungeons could work wonders in NW.

I used to love to PVE, I would LOVE re-visitng the old T1 dungeons (AGAIN EVEN!) with a 10 man group if it was ALOT harder and required alot of actual skill and coordination to run.

Honestly, the way I personally would implement this is:

Create a "daily quest" from Lord Neverrember (sp?) for ONE specific 10 man dungeon a day. So this would mimic Mod 2s campaign in that you had a set schedule which days were which dungeons.

Each 10 man T1 (now called T3) dungeon, youd have ONE daily quest to run a specific one each day, this would allow you only 1 run per day, it would "focus" people to run THAT dungeon - almost exactly like "dailies" on ALL the new mods except it would be for a PVE dungeon.

The ONLY problem I think would be scaling.... YOu cant just boost damage by 100% because youll 1 shot tanks, I think you can almost just double HP of all classes , but maybe a 30% damage modifier would work...
  • group5egroup5e Member Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    As a mostly perma TR.... I would definitely love to have more dps, even if they rework the stealth. Right now I find myself doing more and more controlling with smoke bomb load out so that aoe classes like CW's can have an easier time. Not really what I envisioned when I rolled a TR... I'd love to use Dread equipment or try the Ilyunbruen equipment... but I can't give up my stealth until they fix our dps.
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    The biggest things they need out of all those suggestions are 10-man, 20-man PVE dungeons and Guardian Fighters to be buffed