test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Module 4: What Module 4 NEEDS to have for Neverwinter to succeed.

ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
This may be my last post until I see module 4 on the PTR. In an effort to try and steer this in the right direction for the new module, I really hope the DEV team sees this. Pleae no flaming here.

1) New PVE DUNGEONS.
Problem: No module has released anything comparable to Castle Never, there is nothing to keep the PVE camp going. We need a new dungeon harder (and I dont mean MORE adds) then Castle Never.
Possible Solutions: A 10 man "RAID" instance would be awesome here. I really think players should be locked to the instance AND its put on a weekly CD. This prevents loot from being flushed into the economy from farming, but gives everyone something to farm and WANT to farm. Gear should be TRUE T3 gear - so the most powerful gear. These items honestly should NOT be "set items" just really powerful individual items - this allows players to mix n match their own sets. I really think sets is what is ruining the itemization for this game.

2) New PVP Maps and Gametypes
Problem: We have been playing the SAME maps for a year and a half. The PVP community is DYING.
Solution: You DONT have to put a TON of work into the maps, you can recycle chip sets from all 3 modules. What ALSO needs to be done is more gametypes. Slayer match would be awesome, combined with an "oddball" gametype. For Oddball - all players powers would be "locked" while holding the ball, ball drops upon death of the player and its click cast to pick up.

3) Contesting needs to be removed from PVP
Problem: PVP has turned into stalemate domination. TRs dont even attack anymore just waste time contesting on nodes. Yesterday played a match that took over an hour to score 300 points..
solution: Contesting doesnt REMOVE the point gain but just diminishes it. Normally nodes give 1 point per second. Contested nodes provide 1 point every 3 seconds. So contesting still plays a roll, but its not THE solution. This would REALLY help PVP.

4) Balance:

Guardian Fighters:
Problem: Block meter sucks, Tab function is lack luster. GFs just are not needed in PVE and PVP.
Solution: Guard meter set to a pure "time" function like stamina. A base of 5 seconds should be ok, then strength/feats/gear would boost this. Guardian Fighters need to have the same "stat" benefits as GWFs. STR = Damage bonus, CON = HP/ARP DEX = Crit/Deflect. This would give GFs more crit overall and therefore more damage.
Guardiant fighters TAB should be able to be cast on a TEAMMATE with a GREEN "X" that would BOOST DR, now it can be used as an offensive tool or defensive tool.

Trickster Rogue:
Problem: TRs are forced into playing perma stealth in PVP. Their damage has been nerfed too hard and they dont have the tools to survive outside stealth.
Solution: TRs need to PLAY more like an HR in melee currently. They need defensive tools like more deflect, more dodges, and more damage!!! Lashing Blade needs a rework to be more beneficial, impact shot needs to be brought back but at reduced number of charges. Smoke Screen should provide damage as well, or a -DR debuff. ETC...

Hunter Ranger:
Problem: HRs are all melee spec because of the build currently available. There is no other good choice for them.
Solution: I really think if you improve the Ranger Tree more HRs will try this out. It would be nice to see the final capstone buffed back to benefit rangers to make that a viable spec. ALSO - HRs have a feat that gives DR and is reduced based on the number of targets around them, this should be REVERSED to gives DR not reduced by number of opponents but gives DR BASED on number of opponents nearby...

Control Wizard:
Problem: CWs dont have enough control both in PVP and PVE. This is what requires PVE groups to run more CWs and why in PVP they are not frankly that great.
Solution: CWs need their overall damage reduced, but with that, more control powers. Every power a CW has should have some "control" function to it. This is NOT a DPS class but a Control class. They should feel like they can control things well, but cant deal as much damage. I wont get into specifics here

5) Weapon/Armor Enchants Redone

Crush is aware of this, there are many thread about how 1) weapon enchants done scale across all classes evenly, making all enchants a % DAMAGE increase rather than based on weapon damage allows this to scale across all classes much better.

Armor enchants are ALL lackluster. CDs need to be dropped down, benefits need to be increased...

I will end here but feel free to post more!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• psychaos999psychaos999 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    DC? GWF? Are they perfectly fine according to you?
  • ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    DC? GWF? Are they perfectly fine according to you?

DC is actually in a decent spot right now. In my opinion an ideal pvp class makeup requires a DC they are also required for PVE already.
    GWFs already have a roar nerf incoming as well as a nerf to unstoppable REcovery - a feat that accounts for a LARGE portion of a GWFs self healing using ACT during pvp. With roar+unstop recov being nerfed, ALONG with the changes above, I think you will find the GWF is not the beast it currently is in PVP. If a CW can control easier, if a GF can deal more damage and a TR isnt forced to hide in stealth, the GWF will feel much more squishy compared to what he is now.
  • aulduronaulduron Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,351 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Control_Wizard

"Control Wizards primarily focus on controlling the battlefield and dealing damage to a large number of creatures simultaneously Because of the wizard's role as a controller, they possess more crowd control options than any other class. Their ability to deal high amounts of damage gives them the secondary role of striker. They wield a magical orb and are capable of unleashing torrents of damage on enemy parties. They can only wear cloth armor."

http://www.wizards.com/DnD/Article.aspx?x=dnd/drfe/20091202

"A controller discourages enemies from making certain choices with his area offense attacks, by which the controller punishes enemies from grouping together or takes a direct hand in influencing actions."

http://dnd4.wikia.com/wiki/Wizard

"Wizard overview

Wizards are scions of arcane magic. Wizards tap the true power that permeates the cosmos, research esoteric rituals that can alter time and space, and hurl balls of fire that incinerate massed foes. Wizards wield spells the way warriors brandish swords. "

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Character_class_%28Dungeons_%26_Dragons%29

"Controllers focus on affecting multiple targets at once, either damaging or debuffing them, or altering the battlefield's terrain. Some classes, such as Wizards and Invokers, are focused towards ranged combat, while Druids can specialize in ranged or melee combat."

Sounds to me like they're supposed to be a DPS class.

DCs are nice to have, but few groups need one. Fulmi is probably the only encounter in the game I haven't done without a DC.

As long as TRs can hide in stealth, they [/i]will[/i] hide in stealth. If you're going to give their damage back to them, you need to change the way they fight in stealth.
  • realramaladnirealramaladni Member Posts: 51
    edited June 2014
    Agreed with pretty much everything. The game is about the same it was months ago, nothing is being done to change. People are getting bored and saturated of the same old routine with nothing to do in the game...

P.s: DC is completely fine in PVP.
    Hot Pants

#1 Enemy Team PvP Devoted Cleric

Best rapper 2014
    Alpha female
  • lazaroth666lazaroth666 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I don't like raids, leave that to other games. I really like Neverwinter because you just need a group of 5 in order to complete dungeons not 10, 15, 30, w/e where you just need LUCK to get your items, not your gear/effort/skills as player, etc.

DC's feats must be reworked, that's a fact.

Enchantments rework? that would be great.

Guild should be more useful, not just for GG.

New Classes, not just one. Variety is always a plus.

New paragons.

Finally, OP, if you are going to say something like: "Problem: HRs are all melee spec because of the build currently available." Don't forget that almost every GWF is Destroyer, Instigator tree must be reworked as well. I would love to see for every class something like the CW where you can be either Renegade or Thaumaturge and be good with both, at least for PvE.
    fkze9t.jpg
    ▄▀▄▀ Check out my blog for more information and cool videos: NWO-Battleground ▀▄▀▄
    Proud founder of the 'Primacy' alliance
    edited June 2014
    magenubbie wrote: »
    Good points, although Roar doesn't get a nerf of course. It gets fixed. There is a difference. And I'm not so sure it'll make GWFs any easier to take down. If anything the GWF kills a little slower. Again, there's a difference.

Correct, its getting fixed to work as intended which as a result will nerf the skill compared to what it does now. 6 in one, half a dozen in the other.... same difference. Roar right now provides ALOT of added tankyness to the class, It provides ALOT of determination which is enabling GWFs to pop unstoppable more often, GWFs will now have to take the skill as is, or swap to FLS, either way there will be a noticeable loss in the ability to take damage.

In reply to the OP:
    1: Definitely agreed.

2: Obviously not. People have been crying for a new PvP option for ages, they get an open world PvP, 3 massive campaigns and they aren't even using it. I'm not against it, but judging by how often OPvP is played, I'd say the elite PvPers have been heard more than their player base is worth for the moment. Time to let the majority of the players have their share of the fun.

Wrong, the last 2 modules were PVE based, not one new pvp map was introduced since open beta. If you see my FIRST point is more PVE, the "elite PvPers" were not asking for open world pvp, in fact the "elite pvpers" were AGAINST it because of companions and balance concerns. The "elite pvpers" asked for more MAPS and GAMETYPES NOT open world pvp. Open world failed because of lack of incentive AND communication on WHEN zone pvp is happening. It could work, but needs a re-work to work which wont happen. so it failed...

3: This is not the solution. DCs and GFs are not exactly able to capture nodes either. The best they can do is try to hold and contest it till backup arrives. You're merely trying to take the perma TR out of the equation.

DC and GF are more "group/support" classes. This is exactly the point as well, PvP shouldnt be a game about stalemate it should be a team oriented game. Contesting needs to be re-done so that it will still work but if your a healer in pvp you can bet you wont be effective without someone to heal...

4: You're leaving out the DC, who needs an awesome buff when it comes to PvP. HD takes way too much out of them. Also I'm missing the GWF. If you're talking about balance and ignore the GWF's OP status in every aspect of the game, you're merely joking. You're on the right path when it comes to the other classes, but at least make the list complete. No class should have the best of everything. GWFs have control, damage, defense and healing. Oh and they are also AoE. How's that not out of balance compared to any other melee class in existence?

Disagree. We have some awesome DCs in our guild and have played some awesome DCs. Not only are they tough to kill, but they also can outheal ALOT of damage. Just yesterday played a match where our DC healed 1 Dest GWF who was getting pummled by TWO GWFs at once and was able to out heal 2 GWFs damage. Trustm e when I say, you cant kill anyone but the DC when the DC is around, its just too hard unless you have ALOT of DPS... DCs actually are pretty powerful in groups.

5: Agreed. There should be more alternatives for the 3 enchantments people use now. Clearer descriptions of their workings would be a nice bonus.

My points above are in green as to respond to each of your points.
  • mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    2: Obviously not. People have been crying for a new PvP option for ages, they get an open world PvP, 3 massive campaigns and they aren't even using it. I'm not against it, but judging by how often OPvP is played, I'd say the elite PvPers have been heard more than their player base is worth for the moment. Time to let the majority of the players have their share of the fun.

This is because no one asked them to make OPvP but to give us new Domination maps and PvP modes.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • crusherbeastcrusherbeast Member Posts: 426 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    All well said. But also you have to add that gwf damage and stuns need to be nerfed. Same HR new path has to be nerfed. Those 2 classes are op in pvp.
    Tairev-TR(All kind of killing tools)
    Asha-DC(Faithful-Anointed Champion)
    Vilgefortz-CW(Thaumaturge-balance)
  • wolfzzzzwolfzzzz Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    aulduron wrote: »

"Control Wizards primarily focus on controlling the battlefield and dealing damage to a large number of creatures simultaneously Because of the wizard's role as a controller, they possess more crowd control options than any other class. Their ability to deal high amounts of damage gives them the secondary role of striker. They wield a magical orb and are capable of unleashing torrents of damage on enemy parties. They can only wear cloth armor."

http://www.wizards.com/DnD/Article.aspx?x=dnd/drfe/20091202

"A controller discourages enemies from making certain choices with his area offense attacks, by which the controller punishes enemies from grouping together or takes a direct hand in influencing actions."

http://dnd4.wikia.com/wiki/Wizard

"Wizard overview

Wizards are scions of arcane magic. Wizards tap the true power that permeates the cosmos, research esoteric rituals that can alter time and space, and hurl balls of fire that incinerate massed foes. Wizards wield spells the way warriors brandish swords. "

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Character_class_%28Dungeons_%26_Dragons%29

"Controllers focus on affecting multiple targets at once, either damaging or debuffing them, or altering the battlefield's terrain. Some classes, such as Wizards and Invokers, are focused towards ranged combat, while Druids can specialize in ranged or melee combat."

Sounds to me like they're supposed to be a DPS class.

DCs are nice to have, but few groups need one. Fulmi is probably the only encounter in the game I haven't done without a DC.

As long as TRs can hide in stealth, they [/i]will[/i] hide in stealth. If you're going to give their damage back to them, you need to change the way they fight in stealth.

Aulderon I strongly agree with everything you've pointed out here regarding the CW. If some folks would read these things it might clear up a lot of misconceptions. Since the beginning of PnP D&D wizards have been what many here would consider "OP". It is what has always been intended for the class and nothing has changed.

Having said that, the devs have heard all the crying and "big changes" are in the works, so I fear anything we say here may not matter at all.

Regarding the TR, personally I would turn your statement around and say if you are going to mess with stealth you need to give them their damage back. Which would make them much more viable again in PVE.

I used to really enjoy playing my combat-spec TR, but now every time I roll her out I become frustrated and disappointed anew when her lashing blade hits like a wet noodle (not to mention all the other skills I don't even slot anymore because they've been nerfed into complete uselessness). Franky, what's been done to the TR is a joke. Make them a real DPS class again please, devs.
    edited June 2014
    I don't like raids, leave that to other games. I really like Neverwinter because you just need a group of 5 in order to complete dungeons not 10, 15, 30, w/e where you just need LUCK to get your items, not your gear/effort/skills as player, etc.

Hey, its just an idea that many have proposed before. The issue with NW is you can get a farm group, find the easiest comp to run or worse, find bugs in the dungeon to exploit and farm over and over and over. The SECOND issue with 5 man groups is because your party is so limited, it creates a problem where the BEST way to clear is the fastest way to clear which leaves people out AND adds to the first issue.

Creating a system where its on a CD - like they do with module dailies, prevents people from spam farming groups and flushing the economy with loot. I WOULD like to see BOE gear come back - like CN weapons - but I would also like to see weekly CDs on dungeons that require more time than just a sit down session with a 3 CW group to farm it.

I think adding the number of classes you can bring, would make sure that all players can come, even if they arent the proper "meta" for the run. Having it on a CD makes people less concerned about running as fast as possible and I think it becomes a little more fun. PLUS, you can add alot of things to a 10 man group you cant with a 5 man - like fun encounters that REQUIRE certain classes. An example would be magic immune classes - requiring melee classes, and another would be MASSIVE amounts of adds that pretty much require amazing CC etc...

DC's feats must be reworked, that's a fact. Agree to disagree here, I dont play one and I dont PVE anymore so maybe they need to be reworked for PVE, but they are pretty good for PVP and with HR/GWF self healing nerfs inc, I think DC will be even more viable then.

Enchantments rework? that would be great.

Guild should be more useful, not just for GG. Agree for this, not sure how to do this without raids?

New Classes, not just one. Variety is always a plus. Agree again, Id love to see a warlock and Druid make appearances.

New paragons. agree

Finally, OP, if you are going to say something like: "Problem: HRs are all melee spec because of the build currently available." Don't forget that almost every GWF is Destroyer, Instigator tree must be reworked as well. I would love to see for every class something like the CW where you can be either Renegade or Thaumaturge and be good with both, at least for PvE.
    The issue with HRs is they SHOULD be more of a ranged class. Hunter RANGER - we already have GWFs/TR/GFs as melee classes, we dont need the HR to be a melee focus class. The ranger WAS amazing when it was released because the range tree was powerful, id like to see the focus of the class back on range ability with melee mixed in, or atleast VIABLE paths on each side, right now its melee or gtfo a LARGE reason is the way pvp domination works right now - if contesting was fixed you might see more DPS oriented HRs.

Look, im not saying my suggestions above address EVERY issue in the game, but I think they are the major issues that need to be re-worked asap to make this game fun again.

There are other things like a base stat re-roll I would love input, Id love Foundry pvp, ALOT of things i'd ideally love to see, but the fact is the game is WAY too broken right now for it to even be fun and introducing more classes, more paths, more gear will only give MORE options for people to find and make broken builds... Im not against it, they just need to be more responsive for module 4 and actually give the players what they are asking for - like new pvp maps for heavens sake... GG was fail, zone pvp was fail, when will they realize we dont need NEW pvp we just want MORE MAPS

Again in green is my responses.
    edited June 2014
    All well said. But also you have to add that gwf damage and stuns need to be nerfed. Same HR new path has to be nerfed. Those 2 classes are op in pvp.

They have already announced this in the works.
  • query523query523 Member Posts: 1,515 Arc User
    edited June 2014

So their secondary role is striker. Sounds to me like if your primary role is striker you should have higher DPS right?

"The Hunter Ranger is Neverwinter's sixth class, introduced with the Shadowmantle module. Hunter Rangers are strikers who switch between melee and ranged attacks using the Tab key. The ability to switch between melee and ranged attacks is gained upon reaching 10th level. The Hunter Ranger's dodge mechanic, also known as a shift, is of shorter distance than the Cleric's, Rogue's, or Wizard's, but drains less stamina. "

Or what if their primary role is simly 'damage'?

"A rogue is a martial class with primary role of attacker. This rogue build relies on deception to attack enemies - slipping out of shadows - to deadly effect. The Trickster's unique combination of skills sets up this Rogue build to have a secondary role of controller. It is a damage-dealing class specializing in stealth, speed, precision with a pair of two sharp blades and a store of daggers which can be thrown to distract the enemy. Rogues usually wear leather armor.

Unlike the other five classes, the rogue has two primary paths of focus, both of which are equally viable. The first is the stealth rogue, able to maintain stealth permanently. This path isn't as good at DPS, but can often save a whole dungeon run by soloing the final boss for the last little bit. The second is the combat rogue, who's all about the damage output. This combat rogue is usually preferred in parties, but in exchange, if something goes wrong, the combat rogue will go down with the rest of the party. "

So if you believe in your own source you should be begging for massive damage buffs for TRs and HRs until CWs average third in DPS. Or nerfing CW DPS until it is comparably low.
    edited June 2014
    TO magenubbie,

It looks to me like module 3 wasnt really much of anything TBH, if the focus was PVP, then the entire zone would have been PVP not just a small section of the zone.

When you think of what they added, if you take out the PVP campaign and PVP zone, its basically just another module with dailies and new gear to get with a new "skirmish".. Add the PvP zone and pvp campaign and boom mod 3. I wouldnt say the focus is pvp, because it didnt really bring anything to the table. Now if they had added more dom maps or something, then yes. I acknowledge they TRIED to give pvpers something more, but the fact is, they just tried to supplement a module with pvp choices.

The only reason the majority are PVE players is because of the complete lack of pvp, so the pvp players join the game, get good, get geared, then 2 months later quit because nothing comes through.

I would easily bet - and no use really talking further about this, that more PVP players have quit the game than PVE players and more PVPers have PLAYED this game than PVE players in the entirety of the game. When it first launched the PVP community was HUGE and its been suffering ever since. - also again, I put new PVE content as my FIRST on the list. The fact is PVP brings alot of publicity to the game, PVE doesnt.

Im not neglecting the TR situation, if you see I addressed them in my OP as they need to be changed. Ive also supported and made many threads about this as well, TRs need to have their damage back, but the perma build needs to go AND the contesting function/role in pvp currently needs to go - it just makes matches no fun and the point of pvp domination should be team work to capture nodes, not "who can contest this node the best 1v1" - it takes away from the game.

Yeah its harder to be a good DC than a good GWF I get that forsure, but when I look at what needs to be done, its based on potential ability. DCs atleast have POTENTIAL to play well and be useful, TRs currently ONLY have perma/contesting - which needs to be fixed.

GWFs all play Dest because Sent deals no damage and their only roll is "contest" - which again needs to go.

GFs dont even have potential, id rather take a DC in a group than a GF and id rather have a CW than a GF...
  • silverquicksilverquick Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    query523 wrote: »
    So their secondary role is striker. Sounds to me like if your primary role is striker you should have higher DPS right?

"The Hunter Ranger is Neverwinter's sixth class, introduced with the Shadowmantle module. Hunter Rangers are strikers who switch between melee and ranged attacks using the Tab key. The ability to switch between melee and ranged attacks is gained upon reaching 10th level. The Hunter Ranger's dodge mechanic, also known as a shift, is of shorter distance than the Cleric's, Rogue's, or Wizard's, but drains less stamina. "

Well whether you like it or not...

D&D classifies AoE damage as "Control" so if you are a controller in D&D, you have a larger amount of AoE damage than any other class.

It classifies Single Target as "Striker"..... so IF your role is defined as "Striker"... you should indeed have greater single target damage but that doesn't include AoE damage.

Which is why the CW works the way it does.

Its not a "controller" in the sense you thought of in other games.

Its just an AoE damager with control components thrown in per standard D&D classification.
    edited June 2014
    Look overall I think we all agree:

1) We need more PVE - CN LIKE dungeons that require a skill party to run and drop GOOD gear.

2) We need more PVP MAPS - its really that simple, people want to see new environments.

3) Contesting needs to be changed for pvp to make pvp a viable game again.

4) We need class re-balance/re-work.

5) Weapon enchants need a re-work across the board.

I mean #1 really opens the door for ALOT....
    I dont think people want more boons, I dont think people want more skirmishes or anything, give us more dungeons, more loot and more gear - that DOESNT require us to get all 4 pieces for it to be useful.

-imagine them creating a CN-like dungeon that was 2x as long and could be run as a 5 man or 10 man group.
    5 man drops T3 gear.
    10 man drops T3.5 gear (basically just a little stat point difference).

All on a weekly timer. This allows you to get almost exactly the same gear as a 5 man, but the 10 man puts guild function into it, and the weekly timer allows for people to actually run this versus just "farming it".

Thats what I would like to see.

As for pvp - alot needs to be done there.
  • morsitansmorsitans Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,284 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    I'm pretty sure if they just ditched PvP entirely, the forums would explode but the game would just carry on pretty much unchanged. I don't think you could say the same if they ditched PvE.
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    morsitans wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure if they just ditched PvP entirely, the forums would explode but the game would just carry on pretty much unchanged. I don't think you could say the same if they ditched PvE.

If you want an example of this. Just look at STO. Their PVP is pretty much as close as one can get to not existing. Even the Devs have called it insignificant. As such, there has been zero updates to it, for years now.

It's absence has done nothing to lower either popularity or revenue from the game. It's still considered a highly successful title by both PWE and Cryptic.
  • spongebob56spongebob56 Member Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    ayroux wrote: »
    DC is actually in a decent spot right now. In my opinion an ideal pvp class makeup requires a DC they are also required for PVE already.

That is actually the problem. Name another class that requires an "ideal pvp class makeup" to be viable in PvP? The fact is DCs can't do well in a PUG group like the other classes. The class is also insignificant in PvE outside damage mitigation late game. Lifesteal and pots make healing unnecessary. Debuffing of mobs is easily done without them and new ways of debuffing come out with almost every module.

What DC's need that you don't know about:

1) More DPS. Nothing drastic but it is currently too low. IWD has driven this point home.

2) Combat encounters fixed. Less telegraphing, AoE's that don't reduce damage based on number hit, and proper CC abilities.

3) Healing depression exception in PvP. Similar to the control resist exception made for CWs. The percentage is debatable.

4) Remove Righteousness. Currently with healing depression cutting healing by 50% + righteousness at 40% a DC can only heal self at 10% capacity. Why is the class's defense feature nerfed so hard?

5) Fix the feat tree. It is full of useless "heal" feats. Virtuous serves no purpose and should be redesigned to be PvP oriented branch.
    edited June 2014
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    If you want an example of this. Just look at STO. Their PVP is pretty much as close as one can get to not existing. Even the Devs have called it insignificant. As such, there has been zero updates to it, for years now.

It's absence has done nothing to lower either popularity or revenue from the game. It's still considered a highly successful title by both PWE and Cryptic.

This isnt about PVP versus PVE guys... Its about what should be included in mod 4 to bring this game back on track...

In my opinion, PVP adds alot of value to games like this because there are entire communities that are looking to play a game like this, with PVP.

PVP brings alot of good to the game, which is why it SHOULD get some updates. Noone is saying PVP should be the end all be all, bit ignoring it is also a big mistake - as seen here in NW. I cant even count the number of ppl that have quit just because there is nothing to do anymore.

Even PVPers run alot of PVE SO they can PVP... BOTH need to be addressed...
  • goldroger007goldroger007 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    ayroux wrote: »
    My points above are in green as to respond to each of your points.

to ur answer to other guys post
    3. do u forgot about icewind pvp? im a DC currently i have 1.3k kills-500 deaths. most of the tme i can face and kill enemies who comes to try to kill me on icewidn "just bcs im a dc". but there are many dcs out there that arent dps, all they can do is try to run, they cant even heal themselves bcs od healing deppresion and healing penalty on themselves.

u forgot about 3 campaings are made for solo, which makes playing a DC and GF a hell.and u need to dps in ecnounters to get a decent reward, which there is no way for a dc or gwf to outdps cws or gwfs.

4.there are so many things wrong here u may have misunderstood. u said it was a GWF, prolly it was the GWF regen,defense,hp buffs, lifesteal who outhealed the dmage from those 2 gwfs not the DC. if u want to get good heals u need a DC with 12k+ healing and that will lead u to a DC with pve armor which is even worst since u will die on few hits.

and im not sure if u were playing against good players, i mean who attacks a tank/gwf when there is a dc alive????
    edited June 2014
    query523 wrote: »

"A rogue is a martial class with primary role of attacker. This rogue build relies on deception to attack enemies - slipping out of shadows - to deadly effect. The Trickster's unique combination of skills sets up this Rogue build to have a secondary role of controller. It is a damage-dealing class specializing in stealth, speed, precision with a pair of two sharp blades and a store of daggers which can be thrown to distract the enemy. Rogues usually wear leather armor.

Unlike the other five classes, the rogue has two primary paths of focus, both of which are equally viable. The first is the stealth rogue, able to maintain stealth permanently. This path isn't as good at DPS, but can often save a whole dungeon run by soloing the final boss for the last little bit. The second is the combat rogue, who's all about the damage output. This combat rogue is usually preferred in parties, but in exchange, if something goes wrong, the combat rogue will go down with the rest of the party. "

So if you believe in your own source you should be begging for massive damage buffs for TRs and HRs until CWs average third in DPS. Or nerfing CW DPS until it is comparably low.

These sources say that controllers control with massive AoE damage. You took one line from one source. TRs do need their damage re-buffed. A ranger is also and controller and a striker. They do a lot of damage. Having never played one, I'm not going to go on about what they do or do mot need.

I'm just sick of people saying CWs aren't supposed to do a lot of damage.
  • fuzzychaos13fuzzychaos13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 127 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    Good points, although Roar doesn't get a nerf of course. It gets fixed. There is a difference. And I'm not so sure it'll make GWFs any easier to take down. If anything the GWF kills a little slower. Again, there's a difference.

In reply to the OP:
    1: Definitely agreed.

3: This is not the solution. DCs and GFs are not exactly able to capture nodes either. The best they can do is try to hold and contest it till backup arrives. You're merely trying to take the perma TR out of the equation.

4: You're leaving out the DC, who needs an awesome buff when it comes to PvP. HD takes way too much out of them. Also I'm missing the GWF. If you're talking about balance and ignore the GWF's OP status in every aspect of the game, you're merely joking. You're on the right path when it comes to the other classes, but at least make the list complete. No class should have the best of everything. GWFs have control, damage, defense and healing. Oh and they are also AoE. How's that not out of balance compared to any other melee class in existence?

5: Agreed. There should be more alternatives for the 3 enchantments people use now. Clearer descriptions of their workings would be a nice bonus.

No actually there is no difference, is fix is a nerf. its going to do what its supposed to do, and that is to interuppt and do a very short mini stun.
  • fuzzychaos13fuzzychaos13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 127 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014

GWF Dmg is fine, and their stuns(prones) are fine, If you cant learn to dodge, I dont know what to tell you.

Dmg is coming from Destroyer spec, which makes them Squishy.

Once roar is fixed GWF's are completely 100% balanced/fine in PvP.
    edited June 2014
    All of this is off topic.

Again, to bring it back to discussions surrounding positive fixes for mod 4:

1) NEW PVE! NOT just another dungeon to farm but truly an "end game worthy" dungeon. Something that makes people WANT to group up with guildies to play this. I am thinking of some type of system that only lets you run the dungeon once per day/few days/week.

- Its the same mentality of "events" where you want people doing the same thing at the same time. So make it so player can only run this new dungeon once per X days, and now players will get groups, and not just random groups/farm it.

2) New PVP maps - again something people have been PLEADING for for ages. We can throw contesting removal in here as well.

3) Class balance. MAINLY around TRs NOT being forced to play perma (get their dmg back!) GFs being useful and changes to HR/CW as well.

4) Enchant re-work!
  • akemnosakemnos Member Posts: 597 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    These sources say that controllers control with massive AoE damage. You took one line from one source. TRs do need their damage re-buffed. A ranger is also and controller and a striker. They do a lot of damage. Having never played one, I'm not going to go on about what they do or do mot need.

I'm just sick of people saying CWs aren't supposed to do a lot of damage.

No one is saying that CW's shouldn't do damage its just that the damage the are outputting right now is way out of line.

From the PHB handbook for 4th edition DnD (where the terms originated for the game)

Controller (Wizard)
    Controllers deal with large numbers of enemies at the
    same time. They favor offense over defense, using powers
    that deal damage to multiple foes at once, as well as subtler
    powers that weaken, confuse, or delay their foes.

Striker (Ranger, Rogue, Warlock)
    Strikers specialize in dealing high amounts of damage
    to a single target at a time. They have the most concentrated
    offense of any character in the game. Strikers rely
    on superior mobility, trickery, or magic to move around
    tough foes and single out the enemy they want to attack.

Notice how the the controller role states "deal damage to multiple foes" while the striker role reads "High amout of damage to a single target." This is not accurately represented in the game as it is right now. GWF powers and possibly some CW powers will do more damage than a TR or HR power to a single target. Also if you look into the Char optimization board on the wizard forums Strikers have a way higher DPS per round than a controller does. Its not even a close comparison in most cases.

CW's are without a doubt outperforming in their secondary role compared to the other classes. Instead of having a primary (controller) and secondary (stirker) role they have 2 primary roles.
    edited June 2014
    akemnos wrote: »
    Notice how the the controller role states "deal damage to multiple foes" while the striker role reads "High amout of damage to a single target." This is not accurately represented in the game as it is right now. GWF powers and possibly some CW powers will do more damage than a TR or HR power to a single target. Also if you look into the Char optimization board on the wizard forums Strikers have a way higher DPS per round than a controller does. Its not even a close comparison in most cases.

CW's are without a doubt outperforming in their secondary role compared to the other classes. Instead of having a primary (controller) and secondary (stirker) role they have 2 primary roles.

And most of a CWs damage is done to many enemies. Granted, Ice Knife is a single target and does a great deal, but RoE (a debuff), Icy Rays and single Chill Strike don't do so much. When a CW gets paingiver, it's mostly because of his AoEs.

A TR should do more single target damage and used to, until people cried about them in PvP.
  • brzezin1brzezin1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Dc can heal because he have miracle healer set but when they put hd to this set dc will be nothing in pvp . So play as a dc witchout this set and try to heal someone . So dc need total rework. Im pretty good dc with perfects and 10 enchantments so i know what i say.
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Keep it constructive and on topic. The topic is: What mod 4 NEEDS to be successful, in your opinion.

That is all.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Please please please give tr more damage and more ways to survive outside stealth, more dodges, more cc, maybe poison? don't force us to be in stealth nost of the time dealing useless damage anymore... make the class fun again!
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • goldroger007goldroger007 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    GWF Dmg is fine, and their stuns(prones) are fine, If you cant learn to dodge, I dont know what to tell you.

Dmg is coming from Destroyer spec, which makes them Squishy.

Once roar is fixed GWF's are completely 100% balanced/fine in PvP.

fine?? yep sure its fine when GWFS are dealing 100k more than TR, their dps is really Op, they really need to nerf their dps, or increase TRs dps by 3x so they can compete with GWFs in pve