test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Easy fix for Perma-Stealth. (Not sure if this has been mentioned before)

lrdthorrenlrdthorren Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 18 Arc User
edited June 2014 in PvE Discussion
Who knows what is in the minds of the devs whether their for or against perm-stealth.

Here is an easy solution that will still allow for perma-stealth any time they attack just make them go into that shadowy state where they are semi-solid. Make it a cool down equal to the heal debuff that you get when your in combat. Now they still get all their stealth effects.

This makes it more to way DnD is when a rogue attacks as they make themselves known. Yet they will still stay in stealth and if they want they can run away till the timer disappears.
Post edited by lrdthorren on

Comments

• plaviaplavia Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    its nice idea
    I who'd just increase the area you can see rogue in stealth
    so as you say they can still enjoy the biffs etc. but it will be easier to catch them
  • mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I've been saying that since module 2, but got ignored.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • colonelwingcolonelwing Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Stealth should just deplete while attacking. As the developers had it originally planned until their great idea was flushed away by a massive river of TR tears... which hopefully is not going to happen the second time around.

• zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited June 2014
    . . . In my opinion, attacking should break stealth, just like it does in D&D. However, that would change a lot, probably too much. Although, I do rather like the idea presented in the OP.
  • fantasycharacterfantasycharacter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 675 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Don't rogues do 4x dmg with a backstab from the shadows? If we are folowing PnP we will need more damage! I would gladly do my old burst dmg/less stealthy build again if it were viable to survive.
  • cloud990plcloud990pl Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    aaaaand stealth shall become more and more useless, soon it will be like mark on GF (or worse since mark helps the team on PvE).
    But lets put some light into some facts:
    TR was (is?) primary dps and a class that did massive single target dps until river of tears from PvPers came to the forums and it turned into massive nerf over time and made people create diffrent ways to be "good" in PvP while PvE TRs were left with nothing.
    So I'll ask you: What is TR suppose to do? He's damage is done only by lashing blade from stealth (LB without stealth is just like single target CWs sudden storm) and a bit of help from cloud of steel and that's it (PvE has also dazing strike which procs really well with arcane singularity).
    You want easy fix for perma stealth? BUFF TRs DAMAGE. With it perma TRs will disappear (perma stealths need entire power bar filled with non/low damaging powers) or become something like high Def GFs/GWFs
  • twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Stealth should just deplete while attacking. As the developers had it originally planned until their great idea was flushed away by a massive river of TR tears... which hopefully is not going to happen the second time around.
    It wasn't the original plan at all. It was an ill-thought-out nerf hastily introduced in the wake of too many nuubs QQing about nasty stealth TRs and just as hastily dropped when it was pointed out that it would break the entire class.

I have no problem with the TR class being redesigned from the ground up to be less reliant on stealth. But that is literally what you would have to do before you could introduce stealth depletion on all attacks. Otherwise 80% of TR feats become worthless.
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • oicidrazoicidraz Member Posts: 627 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    They should make TRs have the same effect you have when you are using Cloak of Lesser Etherealness, not completely visible, not completely invisible.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited June 2014
    Moderator Notice:
    . . . Okay, that is enough of the blame game. No more of this targeting "nubs" or QQ's or whiners. That does not promote constructive discussion. What's done is done, no need to dwell upon the past. Look to the future and please stay on topic. Thanks!

. . . Do not reply to this Moderator Notice. Instead, contact us via PM to discuss forum moderation. (Note: I'm leaving the thread as is, but further blame gaming like that will be moderated.)
  • shivonomineshivonomine Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    cloud990pl wrote: »
    aaaaand stealth shall become more and more useless, soon it will be like mark on GF (or worse since mark helps the team on PvE).
    But lets put some light into some facts:
    TR was (is?) primary dps and a class that did massive single target dps until river of tears from PvPers came to the forums and it turned into massive nerf over time and made people create diffrent ways to be "good" in PvP while PvE TRs were left with nothing.
    So I'll ask you: What is TR suppose to do? He's damage is done only by lashing blade from stealth (LB without stealth is just like single target CWs sudden storm) and a bit of help from cloud of steel and that's it (PvE has also dazing strike which procs really well with arcane singularity).
    You want easy fix for perma stealth? BUFF TRs DAMAGE. With it perma TRs will disappear (perma stealths need entire power bar filled with non/low damaging powers) or become something like high Def GFs/GWFs

I don't mind if they are able to see me for 1-2 sec after i attack them , It's actually a nc idea . But since it's a nerf we should be given something in return . Impact shot on it's previous condition and i would happily agree to this change of us being visible when we hit but only for a short period of time . 2 seconds max
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited June 2014
    I'm all for either depleting stealth or making a short duration visibility while rogues are doing direct damage.

I've never cared about the damage that rogues do. I have always cared about the damage rogues do while you can't do anything about it particularly because good rogues can rotate stealth and ITC seamlessly. For all I care give them a bunch of damage back and reduce the effectiveness of the permastealth build, my one and only complaint against rogues.
    edited June 2014
    oicidraz wrote: »
    They should make TRs have the same effect you have when you are using Cloak of Lesser Etherealness, not completely visible, not completely invisible.
    That might work in PvE but would be completely worthless in PvP.

They could fix perma-stealth at a stroke by removing the stealth refill from Bait and Switch. Semi-perma (which is what most so-called permas run) is a little trickier but some well targeted adjustments to feats and/or Shadow Strike should be able to make stealth long lasting but nowhere near perma.

They would, however, also have to add some way for TRs to survive longer than a heartbeat when not in stealth.
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Darquess - Soulbinder
    edited June 2014
    I'm all for either depleting stealth or making a short duration visibility while rogues are doing direct damage.

I've never cared about the damage that rogues do. I have always cared about the damage rogues do while you can't do anything about it particularly because good rogues can rotate stealth and ITC seamlessly. For all I care give them a bunch of damage back and reduce the effectiveness of the permastealth build, my one and only complaint against rogues.

The 2nd one . But give us impact shot back .
    edited June 2014

There are a very large number of rogues who would happily trade some stealth for DPS. Playing a perma is an exercise in tedium for the most part. Unless you mess up your rotation. Then it gets real exciting. For a very short space of time.
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Darquess - Soulbinder
    edited June 2014
    There are a very large number of rogues who would happily trade some stealth for DPS. Playing a perma is an exercise in tedium for the most part. Unless you mess up your rotation. Then it gets real exciting. For a very short space of time.

Us being visible for a very short duration of time while we hit should solve their <things> and give us a dps boost .
  • izidiusizidius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 40
    edited June 2014
    That might work in PvE but would be completely worthless in PvP.

They could fix perma-stealth at a stroke by removing the stealth refill from Bait and Switch. Semi-perma (which is what most so-called permas run) is a little trickier but some well targeted adjustments to feats and/or Shadow Strike should be able to make stealth long lasting but nowhere near perma.

They would, however, also have to add some way for TRs to survive longer than a heartbeat when not in stealth.

Exactly this, I have no idea why these people want to touch stealth. It's the friggin' skills that cause permas to stay in stealth forever - those "skills" need adjusting...not stealth.
    edited June 2014
    Leave trs as they are . Just boost their dmg . I ensure you we will prefer high dps and let aside perma - semi perma builds since we won't be able to have both @ the same time. :cool:
  • cloud990plcloud990pl Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I don't mind if they are able to see me for 1-2 sec after i attack them , It's actually a nc idea . But since it's a nerf we should be given something in return . Impact shot on it's previous condition and i would happily agree to this change of us being visible when we hit but only for a short period of time . 2 seconds max

yes but with nerf proposition should go buff proposition on something else otherwise TRs will become less and less useful in PvE and pretty much stealth class will become less stealthy and we'll come to the point where HR will be better stealth class than TR
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    Playing against a perma is an exercise in tedium for the most part.

Fixed it for ya
    edited June 2014

Try itc, i heard it does exactly what you just mentioned.

edited June 2014
    Try itc, i heard it does exactly what you just mentioned.

it doesn't work like this . We got the most pathetic Dps right now .Gfs is the only class that has lower dps than us .(Dcs don't count @ all ).ITC depletes our stealth meter so using it makes us visible .Us being visible for 2 seconds after hitting you is more than enough for us to be locked and killed .
    edited June 2014
    it doesn't work like this . We got the most pathetic Dps right now .Gfs is the only class that has lower dps than us .(Dcs don't count @ all ).ITC depletes our stealth meter so using it makes us visible .Us being visible for 2 seconds after hitting you is more than enough for us to be locked and killed .

Well, TR's are not tanks and being invulnerable for such a long period of time as the majority of TR's want it to be, seems awkward to me.

edited June 2014
    Well, TR's are not tanks and being invulnerable for such a long period of time as the majority of TR's want it to be, seems awkward to me.

The problem is that i am not a perma . I am not an INT based but on both pve and on pvp sometimes i use SS - B&S with an impact shot combo instead of those useless trs that use POB and ITC and make those annoying perma builds ....If stealth changes my build automatically is being ruined . I don't use dot echancement for my weapon neither . Why should my and several other trs build get a nerf just because most of the pugs ain't making the move to read some guides ... ?
  • ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I dont think TRs need to be "redisigned" very much at all.

I think TWO things could be added that would make them fairly viable again.

1) Give a class feature that boosts deflect up to the amount of stealth missing up to 15%.
    2) Give TR the SAME HR "dodge" = short but MANY dodges.
    3) Remove Shadow Strikes ability to refill stealth meter (unless used IN stealth)
    4) Lashing Blade's *NEW* Stealth Bonus should be 50% reduced CD INSTEAD of 100% crit chance.
    5) Impact Shot changed to TWO charges PERIOD - at previous damage (non of this less damage per stacks crud)
    6) Smoke Bomb - add a DoT to targets IN smokebomb as the stealth bonus.

I think this would be a good start - this gives TRs decent survivability outside stealth, gives them decent damage an would make them somewhat fun again. This allows them to be geared towards damage dealing rather than just stealth and would STILL give them stealth options - but hard to go back into it once out.
    edited June 2014
    Plus nerfing Stealth on any aspect will nerf EVERY single Feat of both paragon paths not mentioning Encounter skill nerfs. I Doubt that devs will actually make such a change .They should actually give more ways to track invis targets . This should be for the best .
    edited June 2014

Oh noes! You guys are visible for more than 2 seconds and you get killed?

What about CW and GFs then?
    edited June 2014
    ayroux wrote: »
    I dont think TRs need to be "redisigned" very much at all.

I think TWO things could be added that would make them fairly viable again.

1) Give a class feature that boosts deflect up to the amount of stealth missing up to 15%.
    2) Give TR the SAME HR "dodge" = short but MANY dodges.
    3) Remove Shadow Strikes ability to refill stealth meter (unless used IN stealth)
    4) Lashing Blade's *NEW* Stealth Bonus should be 50% reduced CD INSTEAD of 100% crit chance.
    5) Impact Shot changed to TWO charges PERIOD - at previous damage (non of this less damage per stacks crud)
    6) Smoke Bomb - add a DoT to targets IN smokebomb as the stealth bonus.

I think this would be a good start - this gives TRs decent survivability outside stealth, gives them decent damage an would make them somewhat fun again. This allows them to be geared towards damage dealing rather than just stealth and would STILL give them stealth options - but hard to go back into it once out.

You realize that deflection is a myth right ?
    edited June 2014
    Oh noes! You guys are visible for more than 2 seconds and you get killed?

What about CW and GFs then?

2 -3 seconds are more than enough to kill even one of the most geared trs out there ....
    edited June 2014
    2 -3 seconds are more than enough to kill even one of the most geared trs out there ....

so how many seconds would it take to kill CWs and GFs using that math?
  • iwaslaggingiwaslagging Member Posts: 71
    edited June 2014
    i never saw combat tr beat any pvp spec class or come close to it.combat tr can stalemate dc thats it