test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Thayan Book of the Dead Artifact will be available on the Zen Market.

13»

Comments

• frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    hquadros wrote: »
    its a free to PLAY and not free to take everything/anywhere and other Cryptic need to make money, in fact the company (any company) usually do favors for their consumers! they have employees, wages, rents, taxes, etc. simple! just think! and if u not agree simple again dont buy! :-)

Oh yeah completely right. I totally forgot that developers that sell paid games for the same or less amount don't need to get paid, the devs for subscription games that you can buy several months of don't need to get paid. Also every other decently priced f2p games don't need to pay staff either. I'm also glad that f2p was for our benefit and not a marketing decision.

Seriously, I wish people would drop the free card when they do sell clearly overpriced stuff. No-ones complaining about the free stuff here.
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    frishter wrote: »
    Seriously, I wish people would drop the free card when they do sell clearly overpriced stuff. No-ones complaining about the free stuff here.

Clearly overpriced? Did you see the market value for thayan artifacts before this sale? It was 4000 zen more expensive!

Maybe you should spend some time studying Neverwinter's economy before you get scared of a 6000zen price tag and react accordingly.

But I'll reiterate my point: it is normal to feel scared of the 6000zen price tag. Some people are scared of having to pay 1mil diamonds for pete's sake since that is their entire life savings (in-game). I think people should understand though that the Thayan artifact was going for 9000-10000zen before the sale and also if Cryptic released it at a very cheap price, it would devalue the artifact and would be an injustice to those who have spent real money buying keys to get that artifact.

If money is a problem and so 6000zen (roughly 3mil ad) seems like the moon, fret not. Farm castle never, study the auction house, do your leadership, get good at the game. Sooner or later, you will reach my financial position and begin to have perspective even on high priced items. You won't panic as soon as you see a 6000zen pricetag because you have extensive knowledge of the economy and the game. Also, 6000zen isn't the moon for you so the natural reaction of hopelessness and panic won't arise due to the fact that you are confident in your financial situation in neverwinter.
    edited June 2014
    Clearly overpriced? Did you see the market value for thayan artifacts before this sale? It was 4000 zen more expensive!

Maybe you should spend some time studying Neverwinter's economy before you get scared of a 6000zen price tag and react accordingly.

But I'll reiterate my point: it is normal to feel scared of the 6000zen price tag. Some people are scared of having to pay 1mil diamonds for pete's sake since that is their entire life savings (in-game). I think people should understand though that the Thayan artifact was going for 9000-10000zen before the sale and also if Cryptic released it at a very cheap price, it would devalue the artifact and would be an injustice to those who have spent real money buying keys to get that artifact.

If money is a problem and so 6000zen (roughly 3mil ad) seems like the moon, fret not. Farm castle never, study the auction house, do your leadership, get good at the game. Sooner or later, you will reach my financial position and begin to have perspective even on high priced items. You won't panic as soon as you see a 6000zen pricetag because you have extensive knowledge of the economy and the game. Also, 6000zen isn't the moon for you so the natural reaction of hopelessness and panic won't arise due to the fact that you are confident in your financial situation in neverwinter.

I have multiple millions of ad in investments. A million ad doesn't scare me and I know the amount I've earned isn't realistic for the majority. When the artifact was coming from the active lockboxes they cost 3m ad for a purple, being random seller, they'll sell for whatever they can get. The ah isn't always known for bargains when some items can sell for more than exchange rates or bazaar prices.

When you put a zen price on something, that's a monetary value. What would I rather buy, a single virtual item at it's lowest rank that took little effort to create. Or a whole freaking game consisting of many assets that took a lot of work to create. There's also several months of subscription. People spend a lot of money on this game, and I don't know why they spend money to support a company that doesn't care about providing value or quality. That's not to say I've not supported them at all, but I have my limits. So yes, it's clearly overpriced.
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    I have multiple millions of ad in investments. A million ad doesn't scare me and I know the amount I've earned isn't realistic for the majority. When the artifact was coming from the active lockboxes they cost 3m ad for a purple, being random seller, they'll sell for whatever they can get. The ah isn't always known for bargains when some items can sell for more than exchange rates or bazaar prices.

When you put a zen price on something, that's a monetary value. What would I rather buy, a single virtual item at it's lowest rank that took little effort to create. Or a whole freaking game consisting of many assets that took a lot of work to create. There's also several months of subscription. People spend a lot of money on this game, and I don't know why they spend money to support a company that doesn't care about providing value or quality. That's not to say I've not supported them at all, but I have my limits. So yes, it's clearly overpriced.

They cost 3mil at the lowest end, it was temporary as there was a boom of people opening them. Now they cost 4.5-5.5mil. The current one posted is for 8mil but that is an anomaly.

The thing is, even with the green vs purple difference, the new Thayan artifact is still much cheaper. And no, it doesn't take forever to make a green artifact into a purple.

So no, its not overpriced. Posting a Thayan artifact for 500zen would be an injustice done to those who have spent real money buying keys trying to get it in the past.

3mil diamonds for a green artifact > 5mil for a purple artifact
    edited June 2014
    They cost 3mil at the lowest end, it was temporary as there was a boom of people opening them. Now they cost 4.5-5.5mil. The current one posted is for 8mil but that is an anomaly.

The thing is, even with the green vs purple difference, the new Thayan artifact is still much cheaper. And no, it doesn't take forever to make a green artifact into a purple.

So no, its not overpriced. Posting a Thayan artifact for 500zen would be an injustice done to those who have spent real money buying keys trying to get it in the past.

3mil diamonds for a green artifact > 5mil for a purple artifact

Remind me again how a single item in a game being the same price as the most expensive games out there is not overpriced again? Also of course the artifact costs more now since the lockboxes are unobtainable. Why compare unobtainable (and limited) price to a now even more obtainable price (due to it not being in limited in quantity in the zen store)? How many people do you really expect to justify the cost? To pay high prices, I expect high value or high quality. This game provides neither when spending real money. There's no reason for a single virtual item to cost so much.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited June 2014
    . . . Settle down please, there is no need to argue opinion. If the argument must continue, please take it to PMs. Thanks!
    edited June 2014
    What is wrong with debating exactly? We're not making it personal or trying to be insulting.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited June 2014
    What is wrong with debating exactly? We're not making it personal or trying to be insulting.
    . . . Well, when it's the same few people arguing back and forth, we'd just like to see more time inbetween replies. Allow others to voice in their opinions too. I know I often have to step back myself when replying like such to topics I am passionate about. When I see myself posting many replies like so, I step back and give the thread time to air out and be read and responded to by more of the community.

. . . If you'd like to discuss this further (about moderation, not thread topic) please feel free to PM me.
    edited June 2014
    My face has a sad ):

On a side note, there really should be an inbox notification of some kind.
  • mistranmistran Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    In my opinion something is overpriced when people who want to buy the item, look at the price and immediatly decide not to buy it.