test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Thayan Book of the Dead Artifact will be available on the Zen Market.

djarkaandjarkaan Member Posts: 883 Arc User
edited June 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
What other Lockbox drop would you like to see hit the zen market?

For myself:

Termalune Trade Bar Jackpots at 100 zen a pop.

Oh and 6k Zen for a green artifect? realy?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• crazymikeecrazymikee Member Posts: 694 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    everything
    Coach Mike - 19.1k PvP CW
    CRAZY MIKE - 14.6k PvE CW

Backbone - 16.7k PvP HR
    [SIGPIC]http://i59.tinypic.com/s3hts7.png[/SIGPIC]
  • silverquicksilverquick Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    heh,

Wow... its really up there isn't it. Heh and its green. Its actually a really good artifact. But wow... 60 bucks for one, that may be a tad overpriced hehe.
  • hmdq#4491 hmdq Member Posts: 508 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    stop crying im pay other day 4.750.000 ad in ah! and other 6.000zen = 3.000.000ad (1zen=500ad) high cap.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    As I posted before, if they'd priced it around $20, I'd very likely have gone for it. I might have even gone for multiples, altaholic that I am.

$60 for a single rank one artifact... is not happening. No deal!

The introductory price for the Gelatinous Cube mount was a prime example of what happens when the customer base looks at something and collectively think they're getting a great deal. Pretty much everyone I know bought it, including people who never buy anything (even with exchanged AD) and take great pains to keep it that way. I bought it even though I already have a faster account-mount and used the cube for maybe half an hour purely for entertainment, because it was omg-cheap.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    hquadros wrote: »
    stop crying im pay other day 4.750.000 ad in ah! and other 6.000zen = 3.000.000ad (1zen=500ad) high cap.

But yours is already purple, and the cost of refining materials is really high right now.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • silverquicksilverquick Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    heh

Yeah its actually a really nice artifact and the power on it has some great animation, though all artifact powers are seriously underpowered, but still $60 I'm not so sure its THAT nice.

I've got one of these and they are nice, but... errm... $60. Well ok its their choice, I'm wondering if anyone will actually buy one though.
  • hmdq#4491 hmdq Member Posts: 508 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    common with 1.750.000ad (or less vry less) is not vry hard up a green to purple! :/
  • linoge63linoge63 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Would be a nice to acquire but afor 60 bucks for one item inside a game? Most top notch
    games cost that much. Bring the item into a self respectable range...then im in
  • devaneiodevaneio Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I am not going to buy the overpriced artifact, but thanks for the hidden code.
    Oh I would like to see the Sylvan Stag and exclusive pvp gear.
    :)
  • djarkaandjarkaan Member Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Well I was hoping to discuss what else ppl would like to see on the zen market from lockboxes more then the price of the artefact...
  • empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I would love to see the companions for sale(as long as the zen*500 is less than the going AH price).

As for the actual price of the book one way to look at it...if keys are on sale...you can get 60 keys for just a little over 5700 zen. So on those 60 keys will you get either enough AD to purchase on the AH or get lucky and get the book to drop.

So although ya 6000 seems high...not that high. But if you were looking for a sale its not a sale. More like if you want it you can get it but you need to pay what they feel it is worth. So you can play the odds with lockboxes and try to get the book in under 60 tries...or just plop down the 6000 and say I got it on my 60th try :)
  • giggliatogiggliato Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    We are definitely through the looking glass.
  • fantasycharacterfantasycharacter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 675 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I couldn't spend that much on one green item for a single character. That is as much as other games cost completely and would offer more entertainment value than a single item.
  • fantasycharacterfantasycharacter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 675 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    djarkaan wrote: »
    Well I was hoping to discuss what else ppl would like to see on the zen market from lockboxes more then the price of the artefact...

Everything!

Just not at insane prices. I don't gamble and I try not to overspend.
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Meh, don't care. Would love to have a pseudodragon available though. A steaming pile of doo doo, but it's too cute.

Also, why such a steep price? Changes nothing. The rich can buy em out, and resell on the AH again, but poor people are screwed over as usual.

2 DAYS? Only someone who's sitting on a mountain of ZEN were prepared for this all of a sudden event.
  • rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Artifact = way overpriced. No sale, here.
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I know it isn't a lockbox item but I would buy the Sylph if they are selling anything , oh as long as it is the same price as other epic pets and not in the price range of a small sports car .
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • naicalusnaicalus Member Posts: 645 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    More and more I'm convinced that PWE is completely out of touch with reality. The coal ward mess. This.

I mean, really. 60 bucks. For a single item. In this day of 'Finished the tutorial, time to go grab three companions and an artifact'? Are they nuts? The sad thing is, people will be foolish enough to buy this and they'll think the pricing was a great idea. Nope.

But oh I've dropped 60 bucks on this game before! Except it was on something that actually had use and value. Bought the Knight of the Feywild pack for that. And what did I get? An account-wide 110% mount, an account-wide purple companion, account-wide fashion set that looks good, a couple of random items I don't use much but hey, nice to have them should I want them and the neck thing looks kind of cool, a character slot and an exclusive race to make with said slot, 600k AD... Every char I make ever on my account now, they get a purple companion at L4 to help them out and a 110% mount as soon as they hit 20, which is worth the cost of admission alone IMO ignoring the other extra bits. (Well, yes, technically they receive the mount at L4 too, but you can't use it until 20 lol)

Er, yeah, not seeing the value comparison. Incredibly useful account-wide purple items vs... One green item. Especially with the cost nowadays of RP.

Hell, I recently bought Assassin's Creed IV when New Egg had it on sale for 20 bucks. That's an entire game for a third the cost of one item. Not even some obscure indie title, a full-on major game. Uh... Yeah.

Lockbox stuff in the Zen store is cute, and there's some things I might buy if they were sanely priced, but this is not sanely priced. Granted, there's never been anything in Lockboxes I've wanted that bad that I had to have it.
    Largely inactive, playing Skyforge as Nai Calus.
  • naicalusnaicalus Member Posts: 645 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    I know it isn't a lockbox item but I would buy the Sylph if they are selling anything , oh as long as it is the same price as other epic pets and not in the price range of a small sports car .

Why not just buy the KotF pack? A single epic companion is 25 bucks. If you have two chars you're near even, if you have more than 3 you start very quickly coming out more and more ahead. (I have 10 so that's like 6 bucks each for their Sylphs and that's not even thinking about the mount, heh)
    Largely inactive, playing Skyforge as Nai Calus.
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    Lmao at complaining it costs 3mil ad.

Check out what Thayan artifact prices where a few days ago. Learn some math, then come back
  • iamannoyingdeviliamannoyingdevil Member Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Lmao at complaining it costs 3mil ad.

Check out what Thayan artifact prices where a few days ago. Learn some math, then come back

Why what was the price of a green uncommon Thayan artifact a few days ago? enlighten us please.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited June 2014
    Green ones were not for sale a few days ago. The Epic (purple) fully refined ones were however.
  • tinead51tinead51 Member Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    naicalus wrote: »
    More and more I'm convinced that PWE is completely out of touch with reality. The coal ward mess. This.

I mean, really. 60 bucks. For a single item. In this day of 'Finished the tutorial, time to go grab three companions and an artifact'? Are they nuts? The sad thing is, people will be foolish enough to buy this and they'll think the pricing was a great idea. Nope.

But oh I've dropped 60 bucks on this game before! Except it was on something that actually had use and value. Bought the Knight of the Feywild pack for that. And what did I get? An account-wide 110% mount, an account-wide purple companion, account-wide fashion set that looks good, a couple of random items I don't use much but hey, nice to have them should I want them and the neck thing looks kind of cool, a character slot and an exclusive race to make with said slot, 600k AD... Every char I make ever on my account now, they get a purple companion at L4 to help them out and a 110% mount as soon as they hit 20, which is worth the cost of admission alone IMO ignoring the other extra bits. (Well, yes, technically they receive the mount at L4 too, but you can't use it until 20 lol)

Er, yeah, not seeing the value comparison. Incredibly useful account-wide purple items vs... One green item. Especially with the cost nowadays of RP.

Hell, I recently bought Assassin's Creed IV when New Egg had it on sale for 20 bucks. That's an entire game for a third the cost of one item. Not even some obscure indie title, a full-on major game. Uh... Yeah.

Lockbox stuff in the Zen store is cute, and there's some things I might buy if they were sanely priced, but this is not sanely priced. Granted, there's never been anything in Lockboxes I've wanted that bad that I had to have it.

Couldn't agree more, good luck to anyone who wants to pay for this Artifact. They're on a slippery slope to nowhere with promotions like this.
  • loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Last price in my DB is 4.7M for purple Thayan. So 3M off the ZEN shop is very reasonable, you can probably refine it deep into the 70s for 1.7.
  • thesensaithesensai Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    ghoulz66 wrote: »
    Meh, don't care. Would love to have a pseudodragon available though. A steaming pile of doo doo, but it's too cute.

Also, why such a steep price? Changes nothing. The rich can buy em out, and resell on the AH again, but poor people are screwed over as usual.

2 DAYS? Only someone who's sitting on a mountain of ZEN were prepared for this all of a sudden event.

I second the call for Pseudodragon. Would be nice if it was an account wide version, People MIGHT even pay 60 bucks for that, but I doubt they would for a one time use one.
  • vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Oh and I thought it is just stupid russian server joke -.-

At least they didn't make some ridiculous surrealistic pirate-like description like they did on russian server.
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    FWIW, I have my reasons to question the price point and the extreme limited availability of the item. However, please be aware that P2W discussions and allusions are still prohibited topics under Rules of Conduct, and that must be observed.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • erdokanerdokan Member Posts: 188 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    loboguild wrote: »
    Last price in my DB is 4.7M for purple Thayan. So 3M off the ZEN shop is very reasonable, you can probably refine it deep into the 70s for 1.7.

Yeah, and? It only went to that price because the lockbox that the epic TBOTD version is in is no longer the main drop lockbox in NW. I remember it being under 3m AD on the AH when I came back. Either way, if a way becomes available which makes the item less scarce then the price should drop considerably aswell, and it hasn't due to the 6k zen price tag. I feel that 3k zen would've been a fair price tag.
    David Valtiere, Lvl 70 TR with perfect Lvl 60 gear which I don't want to replace cause nostalgia yo ;_;
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    Why what was the price of a green uncommon Thayan artifact a few days ago? enlighten us please.

I think do not follow/have much knowledge about this economy at all. I'd suggest to refrain from comments regarding matters pertaining to it for now until you've followed it more than 1-2 days.

Green ones were not sold ever, before this sale.

Purple ones were going for more than 4mil almost reaching 5mil though.

Anyway, my comment still stands. People here are completely ignorant of how much Thayan were going for.

3mil for a thayan artifact is not overpriced (based on the current supply/demand)
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Any of you guys think that they set the price at $60 so there wasn't a flood of people buying it, and only the people who really, really wanted it will fork over the AD for it?

If they'd priced it at a "reasonable" level, the effects of a powerful, yet relatively cheap artifact would have rippled through the rest of the artifact market, and probably have negative effects on the other artifact prices as well.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1