test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

First Time Buyer's Pack cannot be claimed

eiagraeiagra Member Posts: 70 Arc User
edited November 2014 in Bug Reports (PC)
I'm having an issue where I cannot claim the First Time Buyer's Pack.

I just charged $10 in Zen to get this, but it's still disabled.

I have purchased Zen in the past. I am sincerely hoping this is not a case where "early adopters" are being penalized by being blocked from this gift.

Could someone confirm whether this is just lag or whether this intended behavior? Thanks.
Post edited by eiagra on

Comments

• coldcanukcoldcanuk Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Agreed. I have purchased Zen multiple times already, but was a first time buyer on my first purchase. Would not be very cool to have that disrespected in this instance.

If I like a game I do try and support it in whatever minor way I can. This would be the worst treatment yet if I do not qualify for this free gift.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited May 2014
  • coldcanukcoldcanuk Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited May 2014

Thank you. But does tis mean previous purchases count too? It is a little vague.
  • eiagraeiagra Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Agreed, would like confirmation that early adopters, not just current first-timers, are suffering the issue. Though lag I can most certainly understand, since it's patch-on-new-module day. There are bound to be some hiccups and such.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    There's been a lot of miscommunication about the gift. The understanding as of right now is that it will not actually apply to past transactions, but it will apply to future ones even though they aren't your first.

Sorry, no idea how they're going to handle transactions processed after the announcement but while the distribution is messed up.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
    edited May 2014
    That seems fair, having it as a first time purchase after the gift went live. It may not be optimal for some, but I can understand that accessing the purchase history would be more headache and consume more development/system resources than should be expected for a freebie. As long as, one way or another, everyone can get one. :)
    edited May 2014
    If we were being blocked from getting it with a future purchase, I would have the same sentiment. But no, this is not quite the case. At least, that's how it seems to me so far. We don't get a gratuity, but we can still get it in the future.
    edited May 2014
    All is well, just received mine. :) Got an e-mail notification as well. The Zen Market item will continue to be greyed out, since this is delivered via in-game mail, and it may take a minute after login to appear, so be patient.

The gift and its contents are account-bound. However, some of the contents are "packs" which, when opened, I presume become character-bound. So don't get unpack happy, stick things in shared storage until you're ready.

Thanks guys. :) This can be closed.
  • signesvenssonsignesvensson Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I bought my first 500 zen last Saturday and I still haven't received any first time buyers pack! I am so disappointed, this is my first experience with handing money to the game, and how the didn't deliver what they promised in return is very discouraging. I tried to file a bug report but the always deleted my post after telling me to click "find known bugs." It just feels like a kick in the face you know!?
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited November 2014
    Per the Rules, please do not necro old threads. You may want to contact Support through the web site since you're having difficulties in game, as the forums will not provide such support.

Safe travels,
    Archmage Zebular of Mystryl

PWE Community Moderator
This discussion has been closed.