test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Coalescent Wards

124»

Comments

• Options
    degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Now we're having two different discussions about why Coal prices are awful.

Anyone here with as much Neverwinter economic savvy as I am want to discuss a different dimension of why Coal ward prices need to be lowered instead of the usual "waah I can't afford perfect enchants"
    evrisa wrote: »
    PW - Please do something about the coalescent ward pricing and the ability for a few to control the market on the AH. The daily rise in the AH price is absolutely ludicrous and has all the appearance of purely being a money maker for the company. Today's the lowest price for a coal is 260k!!!! This game has become "How to make AD" and not about classes, abilities, battles, etc.

Here's the original post. It's price QQ, plain and simple. Why are C. Wards so expensive?

Supply and demand.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • Options
    calvin1tagcalvin1tag Member Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Except that wasn't my point.

My point was, coal wards are primarily being used to manipulate the market and also to perform underground trading either through trade chat or third party websites. Neither cryptic nor majority of the players are benefitting from it and in fact are harmed.

This I find very interesting. I honestly don't know what your alluding to and I've been playing daily for over a year and have to be in the top 1-2% or so for AD base I'd think (I can't think there are many players that have 100's of millions of AD in game.) I'm not bragging that is not my intent but I could very easily go online right now and buy every Coal Ward on the AH but I don't see any real value to doing that beyond hanging on to them for a couple months and hopefully putting them back on for a increase but it might be a long while before I get my 260k-300k AD per ward back + AH fees considering they will still be coming onto the market for that entire time I'm hanging on to them (albeit much slower then it used to be but they are still coming out and getting listed daily). I would like get more info on what you're alluding to please. Can you enlighten us/me? Or if you don't want to discuss openly, please message me and we can take the discussion offline. (This is not flaming or sarcasm I'm genuinely very curious)

Thanks
    Calvin
  • Options
    frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Well the supply and demand reasoning could also apply to the greater marks of potency for more than the bazaar cost and the zen store items on the ah that cost more than the exchange rate. It's fine to say the demand is there because they actually sell but it doesn't make it any less ridiculous. I can't stop others from being ill informed to put it a nice way. I think there should be an increase in supply, or a more sensible cap on the zen store price as $150 per perfect is ridiculous and I'd rather buy 4/5 games or get a subscription than a single enchantment (well excluding the other costs).
    Only a million? That is small time.

It is too easy to earn ten million per week without stepping foot outside PE. For me at least

No it isn't.
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Only a million? That is small time.

It is too easy to earn ten million per week without stepping foot outside PE. For me at least

Did you even read the post I was replying to , anybody who has played the game long enough knows how to play the exchange and AH and earn lots of AD , the post I was replying to questioned the ability of somebody to earn 1 million Ad in a month I simply corrected them.
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    Did you even read the post I was replying to , anybody who has played the game long enough knows how to play the exchange and AH and earn lots of AD , the post I was replying to questioned the ability of somebody to earn 1 million Ad in a month I simply corrected them.

I wouldn't say anybody. There can be instabilities in the market and I'm sure there are plenty that can lose by it. His post came off as epeen boasting to me though. If it was really easy for everyone to make 10m each week, then ad would be a lot more inflated. With such markets you get people who can work it, and people that lose out. It's all based on factors you can't control too but there can be some patterns.
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    frishter wrote: »
    I wouldn't say anybody. There can be instabilities in the market and I'm sure there are plenty that can lose by it. His post came off as epeen boasting to me though. If it was really easy for everyone to make 10m each week, then ad would be a lot more inflated. With such markets you get people who can work it, and people that lose out. It's all based on factors you can't control too but there can be some patterns.

I know that XD , the original question I replied to was questioning whether it was possible to earn 1 million ad in a month from a fresh start which is probably realistic if you know what you are doing but yeah , claiming to be able to make 10 million in 1 week from fresh start with no help whatsoever from alts is pushing the realms of possibility somewhat but I find it isn't worth calling people who make such claims out since it's forum drama I can do without , all I care about is that I earn enough to keep my main going xD .
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    ryugasiriusryugasirius Member Posts: 996 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    frishter wrote: »
    Well the supply and demand reasoning could also apply to the greater marks of potency for more than the bazaar cost and the zen store items on the ah that cost more than the exchange rate. It's fine to say the demand is there because they actually sell but it doesn't make it any less ridiculous. I can't stop others from being ill informed to put it a nice way.

Information is just another currency. The more you have, the less other resources you spend :P
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    I know that XD , the original question I replied to was questioning whether it was possible to earn 1 million ad in a month from a fresh start which is probably realistic if you know what you are doing but yeah , claiming to be able to make 10 million in 1 week from fresh start with no help whatsoever from alts is pushing the realms of possibility somewhat but I find it isn't worth calling people who make such claims out since it's forum drama I can do without , all I care about is that I earn enough to keep my main going xD .

I knew what you meant :). Although if any newbies are looking at this I probably would look too much into it unless youre very confident. To play the exchange you can lose a lot if you make the wrong move. My personal way would have been just to level to 60 and farm cn even though it did take me a while to build up to that point o.o. Well I guess I did use to pug which slowed progress and doesn't fill you with confidence for the higher end content, and my first build was terrible for dps. I used to add people for if they were just capable of beating dwarf king when gg came out... Anyway I guess that's kind of off topic. Oops... But yeah there are plenty of way to achieve it when you already have an understanding of the game.
    Information is just another currency. The more you have, the less other resources you spend :P
    Absolutely though ideally the ah should be a place to look out for deals. Of course some items it's hard to do that for like companions since once you equip it it's bound so there's little reason to buy and then sell one otherwise. In the case of coal wards their value is increasing which we can't help and it could potentially (but maybe won't quite coz of trade bar costs) be more expensive than the zen store cost like other zen store items which is why I personally would prefer a permanent reduction in zen store cost to something still high in value but not overbearingly high. For me it's not too much of a big deal though. I'm just thinking about the general population that may not be as well off as us or have as much of a skilled group (or have to pug even).
  • Options
    morsitansmorsitans Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,284 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    Pretty much this.

Saying "It is too easy to earn ten million per week without stepping foot outside PE. For me at least" comes across like Donald Trump being astounded that other people don't simply make millions by buying and selling companies.
    It requires a stupid amount of time and effort, a huge amount of initial capital, and it absolutely requires that not many people are doing it: If everyone could do it, it would have no value (and wouldn't really work: even with free AD coming in every day, what with AH charges and the astral bazaar, the market is close to a zero-sum game, so every time you profit, usually someone else loses).

Also, how much of your game do you want to spend playing as a trade sim?
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited May 2014
    The game is balanced for the entirety of the player base.

Just because you may not want to do something doesn't mean the options don't exist. It's fairly common that I see people say something even as extreme as they don't want to buy things from other players. If you choose to take a path of resistance such as that the choice is yours because the game is not, will not and can not be balanced for such.
  • Options
    degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    10 million AD in a week starting fresh is very outlandish without using a method that is against Cryptic's TOS. For anyone interested in AD wealth building legitimately, please check out this guide. It gives you a few tips.

1kk AD in a month is very realistic, even if you do not play the ZAX.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • Options
    rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    10 million AD in a week starting fresh is very outlandish without using a method that is against Cryptic's TOS. For anyone interested in AD wealth building legitimately, please check out this guide. It gives you a few tips.

1kk AD in a month is very realistic, even if you do not play the ZAX.

Depends on how much capital/time you have.

Its all relative you see. And you need a heck of guessing and knowledge about the future. But for someone who's been studying NW's economy since open beta, I am usually more right than wrong.

And no, with that much assets at stake, I'd be a complete idiot to risk violating TOS at this point
  • Options
    broborabrobora Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 196 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    Just a hint about the master guide, if everyone is flipping margin traders win. Smart individual aims his low so all others flip higher, and don't undercut as it's rude, then the price is inflated for a week until the point of no sale, this happens on obscure stuff a lot, things like Holy Avenger.

Just pointing out that Coal wards are priced so high at the minute that Lesser Enchants - crafting away your shards, is actually a losing venture with the people who had cheaper coals stored are selling below the AH rake.

275k for a coal from AH + 4 free shards from dungeons.

300k price tag on the lesser - 30k in auction fees = -5k.

Today's prices, as yesterdays, are lower than 300k.