test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Coalescent Wards

evrisaevrisa Member Posts: 40 Arc User
edited May 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
PW - Please do something about the coalescent ward pricing and the ability for a few to control the market on the AH. The daily rise in the AH price is absolutely ludicrous and has all the appearance of purely being a money maker for the company. Today's the lowest price for a coal is 260k!!!! This game has become "How to make AD" and not about classes, abilities, battles, etc.
Post edited by evrisa on

Comments

• skalt112skalt112 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    i have 14 of them.
  • candinho2candinho2 Member Posts: 550 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    evrisa wrote: »
    PW - Please do something about the coalescent ward pricing and the ability for a few to control the market on the AH. The daily rise in the AH price is absolutely ludicrous and has all the appearance of purely being a money maker for the company. Today's the lowest price for a coal is 260k!!!! This game has become "How to make AD" and not about classes, abilities, battles, etc.

PW has done everything to raise coallescent ward ad price in order to sell zen ones wich cost 1000 zen, so u can be prepared to buy it at 450~500k on few days
  • haven112haven112 Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    skalt112 wrote: »
    i have 14 of them and am quitting the game in a month. (depending on gf changes of course). when I do imma randomly mail them to people i see in PE. hehe.

Nooo give some to me! Or at least make a game forum thread to give them off or something! Make it more exciting :D!
  • tundrrabloomtundrrabloom Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 297 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    The best way to buy them is through Keys using the "trade bars" that drop inside. This way you get a chance of making most of your AD back through selling the items you find in the chests.
  • evrisaevrisa Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I understand that the company has to make money with a *cough, cough* F2P game, however this is one of those areas where it is blatantly a money maker for the company. Somewhere, in 80% of the cases (the 20% being those who have 50 chars all doing lvl 20 leadership) someone is buying something from the store. Coal's are practically a necessity in this game, not entirely but nearly. The price wasn't too bad until Cryptic lowered the drop rate from the coffers, they have since literally doubled in price. But oh wait! I forgot! You can buy one for $10 in the store ...:eek:
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    I really hope they make an event that drops coal wards....in fact an idea for a new thread right here
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I really hope they make an event that drops coal wards....in fact an idea for a new thread right here

They could make them a super rare epic HE drop in IWD or even a super rare reward for overleveling .
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • joocycuzzzzzzjoocycuzzzzzz Member Posts: 577 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I remember when Coal wards were 50K back then and weren't *that* hard to get.

Good times.
    Beta player

One of the many Control Wizards that misses Shard Of The Endless Avalanche. RIP Shard (Beta-Mod3)
    edited May 2014
    I remember when Coal wards were 50K back then and weren't *that* hard to get.

Good times.

Cryptic made several events to purposely lower the price of dragon eggs and in turn make gemmed shirts/pants more affordable to most players.

It did, the prices was cut by 50%.

I hope they do the same for coal wards.
  • vorticanvortican Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 367 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Cryptic made several events to purposely lower the price of dragon eggs and in turn make gemmed shirts/pants more affordable to most players.

Yes, but then they nerfed profession nodes so that the farmers couldn't get as many, and now the eggs are double what they once were. It used to be possible to make money crafting regular shirts/pants. Now it is not. The gemmed versions are out of reach for new players unless they spend all day playing.
  • devaneiodevaneio Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I guessed that their intention was obvious for the "new refinement system". Bags and C.wards.

How long will take for people to realise that IWD is for you to buy companions from Zen store?
  • degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    New lockboxes are around the corner. Although boxes don't drop as many T-bars as before, you can expect a small prices decrease. Most likely C. Wards will hover a bit below Zen Market value eventually.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    vortican wrote: »
    Yes, but then they nerfed profession nodes so that the farmers couldn't get as many, and now the eggs are double what they once were. It used to be possible to make money crafting regular shirts/pants. Now it is not. The gemmed versions are out of reach for new players unless they spend all day playing.

Eggs are still pretty cheap nowadays, especially compared to the 100k they used to cost. Nodes do kinda suck though for real players to farm. I'd like to see shirt/pants prices to go up. Dem tools are expensive...

Anyway, I would like some sort of price drop on coal ward, they are reaching a ridiculous amount. I stockpiled a lot before module 2 and they've almost all run out now ):

If something doesn't happen, I'm not convinced that they won't go up a little more. Atm the new system is slightly better for weapon/armour enchants, but it's creeping up to the point where it won't give as much as a benefit and just adds hassle. And of course lessers are more expensive to make than what they were.
  • ryugasiriusryugasirius Member Posts: 996 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    New lockboxes are around the corner. Although boxes don't drop as many T-bars as before, you can expect a small prices decrease. Most likely C. Wards will hover a bit below Zen Market value eventually.

^ this

I've noticed there's not much lockbox-opening now, and prices involving various lockbox commodities (namely, mid rank enchantments) has increased. Lockbox players are recapitalizing and stocking keys for new lockboxes, not many will risk buying stuff now and get caught without keys when new lockboxes hit the live servers.

AFAIK we have no information about how the new lockboxes will be, so it is a sort of gamble.

Nothing has changed in the coalescent ward availability since the last trade bars nerf (3 months ago or so), the current price rise is all about mod3 anticipation, thus due to players and not Cryptic. Prices will drop quite sharply after mod3 hits, right now it's time to sell and not buy.
  • tundrrabloomtundrrabloom Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 297 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    ^ this

I've noticed there's not much lockbox-opening now, and prices involving various lockbox commodities (namely, mid rank enchantments) has increased. Lockbox players are recapitalizing and stocking keys for new lockboxes, not many will risk buying stuff now and get caught without keys when new lockboxes hit the live servers.

AFAIK we have no information about how the new lockboxes will be, so it is a sort of gamble.

Nothing has changed in the coalescent ward availability since the last trade bars nerf (3 months ago or so), the current price rise is all about mod3 anticipation, thus due to players and not Cryptic. Prices will drop quite sharply after mod3 hits, right now it's time to sell and not buy.

Agreed 100%
  • evrisaevrisa Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I agree, to a point. Prices started going up before the announcement of Mod 3 but after the coffer nerf. Since the formal announcement of Mod 3, players are capitalizing on Cryptic's actions, as well. CW's may very well go down 2-4 weeks after Mod 3 (doesn't take long to go thru new content in NW) but not within a reasonable range. New players are overwhelmed by tremendous need for AD in order to gear up and be considered adequately geared. If you didn't play the game before Mod 2, you simply do not have the resources at hand within a reasonable time.
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited May 2014

Not really equivalent situations - they don't sell Dragon Eggs in the zen store for $10.
  • loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    The Price of a Coal in the ZEN store is over 400k. Go figure. They want it to be bought and will nerf Coal drop rates / availability until the price will get there.
  • frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    ^ this

I've noticed there's not much lockbox-opening now, and prices involving various lockbox commodities (namely, mid rank enchantments) has increased.
    Prices have actually gone down from the high end stuff from the new lockboxes recently since the sale. I suppose they'll be a lot of players opening the new ones as soon as they come out. But with new players I suspect more people will want coal wards, especially when mod 3 stuff is harder than mod 1 and 2 (minus the epic skirmish atm which is actually pretty easy).
  • destinyknightdestinyknight Member Posts: 962 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I have not seen the prices of Coal wards drop not once. Only constantly going up more and more since the enchanting refinement system was introduced.

And since that patch. I've not bought not one coal ward. And only gotten one from the 7 day coffer through all 9 of my characters since that patch. I've pretty much given up on getting coal wards at all since the last few months because I refuse to buy them from the zen store for what they cost and everytime I get just enough to buy one from AH, the prices raises just out of my reach.
    edited May 2014

He is correct. The new lockboxes will most likely lower it down to 200k.

However @OP, http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?658991-Request-to-make-an-Event-that-drops-coal-wards I have made a thread requesting for a new event to drop coal prices further because i believe 200k isn't the right price for a coal ward.
    edited May 2014
    Please don't be delusional. The price of CWards will settle at 400k. That's the long term goal of many changes regarding Coal drop rates.
    edited May 2014
    loboguild wrote: »
    Please don't be delusional. The price of CWards will settle at 400k. That's the long term goal of many changes regarding Coal drop rates.

They can easily get there using 1 small change, make them cost 400 tarmalune bars
  • vvv459vvv459 Member Posts: 161 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    coals are in high demand. people who think the price will ever decrease know nothing.
    edited May 2014
    They can easily get there using 1 small change, make them cost 400 tarmalune bars

I don't know why, but the changes to Coals have been more subtle. Maybe they don't want the obvious to be obvious. A player without knowledge of specifics may as well blame the player driven market for the prices.

Since the big Tarmalune nerf from Lockboxes and we see two effects combine for the ongoing raise. First, fewer Bars come out of lockboxes and are converted into Coals. Second, players that anticipated the Coffer change are slowly running out of stockpiled Coals and now have to hit the market to get additional ones. So in a way, also the Coffer nerf kicks in now. We are really only one small change away from another big jump to the wanted 400k mark.
  • grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    skalt112 wrote: »
    i have 14 of them and am quitting the game in a month. (depending on gf changes of course). when I do imma randomly mail them to people i see in PE. hehe.

Good idea. Go for it.
    edited May 2014
    loboguild wrote: »
    I don't know why, but the changes to Coals have been more subtle. Maybe they don't want the obvious to be obvious. A player without knowledge of specifics may as well blame the player driven market for the prices.

Since the big Tarmalune nerf from Lockboxes and we see two effects combine for the ongoing raise. First, fewer Bars come out of lockboxes and are converted into Coals. Second, players that anticipated the Coffer change are slowly running out of stockpiled Coals and now have to hit the market to get additional ones. So in a way, also the Coffer nerf kicks in now. We are really only one small change away from another big jump to the wanted 400k mark.

I agree. Maybe cryptic is intent on making those 1000zen coal wards look attractive and we certainly are heading in that direction
  • overddriveoverddrive Member Posts: 722 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    400k coalwards is almost enough to kill this game imo. Buying as little as possible and being as powerful as possible is what every player is trying to do. The "crafting" element of refining enchants requiring expensive coalwards makes refining almost a no go. It will push the ad cost of any high end enchant/adequate weapon or armor enchant into an area most people wont pay imo.
    PanzerJäger HR Hybrid
    Jugger Conq GF
  • degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    overddrive wrote: »
    400k coalwards is almost enough to kill this game imo. Buying as little as possible and being as powerful as possible is what every player is trying to do. The "crafting" element of refining enchants requiring expensive coalwards makes refining almost a no go. It will push the ad cost of any high end enchant/adequate weapon or armor enchant into an area most people wont pay imo.

Please. Do you know how inexpensive the total cost of enchanting is compared to before the refining changes? P. Vorpals were selling for 8kk-11kk AD. Even if C. Wards settled around 400k AD, that's not a deal breaker by any means.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Please. Do you know how inexpensive the total cost of enchanting is compared to before the refining changes? P. Vorpals were selling for 8kk-11kk AD. Even if C. Wards settled around 400k AD, that's not a deal breaker by any means.

+1 and we played 2 module with this..so