test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

You open the heavy stone door to find…A new Community Manager! What do you do?

Comments

• forever16bitsforever16bits Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    First of all hello and good luck.

Does having community manager means we will have proper Foundry Spotlight?
  • orangefireeorangefiree Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,148 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Welcome. Will you do the foundry featuring? If so, how often?
    Neverwinter players are stubborn things....until you strip them down to bone. (Cursed players, my flowers, MINE!) Oh how I plotted their demise.
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited April 2014
    First of all hello and good luck.

Does having community manager means we will have proper Foundry Spotlight?

The spotlights have been lacking since Som left and we are full aware of that.
    Pinpointerror was just spread too thin in all of the various responsibilities.

Today is akromatik's first official day on the job but he has expressed an extreme amount of desire to focus on the foundry community. The community driven foundry support is something the company didn't decide to back off on and is something which will be reinvigorated by akromatik.
  • akromatikakromatik Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2014
    I definitely plan to give the Foundry the love it deserves. Still working out the details, but rest assured: there will be Foundry love in the future.
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Welcome aboard.

Foundry love is great. How about achievement love? Currency inventory love?

Also what are your thoughts on mimcs? And spider mimics and mimic moons?
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited April 2014
    Dardove, shhhhh!

If we throw everything on his desk all at once he might run away and that would be bad. ;)
    Don't worry, before he knows it he will have a desk full of feedback. :)
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Dardove, shhhhh!

If we throw everything on his desk all at once he might run away and that would be bad. ;)
    Don't worry, before he knows it he will have a desk full of feedback. :)

On the flipside, he needs to learn to deal with me sooner rather than later. :P
  • akromatikakromatik Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2014
    dardove wrote: »
    Welcome aboard.

Foundry love is great. How about achievement love? Currency inventory love?

Also what are your thoughts on mimcs? And spider mimics and mimic moons?

All I can say is that I will do my best to make sure you guys have a safe and positive space to express yourselves in a constructive manner. I can also say that I will do all within my power to make the Neverwinter community the best it can be!

Lastly, my love for mimics is very real. If there were mimic plushies, I would totally have one by now.
    edited April 2014
    A CM who loves mimics? This is now the best news I have heard all day.
  • harnelharnel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    akromatik wrote: »
    If there were mimic plushies, I would totally have one by now.
    *hugs my rust monster plush*

I need a mimic and a gelatinous cube. That last one would be... hard to do, though.
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    If there were mimic plushies, I would totally have one by now.

I like the way this guy thinks. Now make it happen. I expect Mimic plushies up on the Zen store next week.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • macaran5123macaran5123 Member Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Lastly, my love for mimics is very real. If there were mimic plushies, I would totally have one by now.

I'd love for mimics to be more of a danger in Neverwinter dungeons. First would be making the "hover over a mimic and no loot icon shows" bug go away, and then having all the dungeons use the code from the table top event to randomize which chest is a mimic. =)
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I'd love for mimics to be more of a danger in Neverwinter dungeons. First would be making the "hover over a mimic and no loot icon shows" bug go away, and then having all the dungeons use the code from the table top event to randomize which chest is a mimic. =)

Trust me, you dont need to do much. I saw a lot of people murdered by that evil chest in the event, many times. Even with the silly icon.
  • valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I've yelled in many groups...millions and millions and millions of time, "IT'S A MIMIC, DON'T OPEN", yet someone always does. The mimic must use some Jedi mind trick on the weak minded. :rolleyes:

P.S. Welcome akromatik :D
  • bluedarkybluedarky Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    valwryn wrote: »
    I've yelled in many groups...millions and millions and millions of time, "IT'S A MIMIC, DON'T OPEN", yet someone always does. The mimic must use some Jedi mind trick on the weak minded. :rolleyes:

P.S. Welcome akromatik :D

It's the Jedi mind trick called "I'm a big chest of the sort you keep finding filled with stuff."

Also welcome to the madhouse akromatik
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Welcome aboard, akromatik.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • jorifice1jorifice1 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    All I can say is that I will do my best to make sure you guys have a safe and positive space to express yourselves in a constructive manner. I can also say that I will do all within my power to make the Neverwinter community the best it can be!

Then just for you, some red hot (O.K., Red CIRCLE) Mimic On Mimic Action!
    screenshot_2014-04-01-17-36-00_zps85b8fca8.jpg

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I definitely plan to give the Foundry the love it deserves. Still working out the details, but rest assured: there will be Foundry love in the future.

*sniff* I love you man.
  • orangefireeorangefiree Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,148 Arc User
    edited April 2014

Awsome! Looking forward to seeing your plans.
    Neverwinter players are stubborn things....until you strip them down to bone. (Cursed players, my flowers, MINE!) Oh how I plotted their demise.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited April 2014
    Well met and welcome, indeed!

Now roll a saving throw vs. rsw.
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Greetings. Here's your standard issue bubble wrap, padded desk, and your banhamster cage. Just remember to feed and water it occasionally. Oh, and careful--she bites.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • frariifrarii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I'm utterly dissapointed on this forum and this community, this is unforgivable, i can't even decide if yelling at a cloud or stop breathing till this is fixed and all you are ashamed of yourselves...

You Open The Heavy Stone Door To Find…A New Community Manager! What Do You Do?

Attack! To the eyes Bubu, to the eyeeess!!!! Cast a fireball!!

Took 6 whole pages, SIX!!!!
  • klkcahboy90klkcahboy90 Member Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Hi, welcome=)

Hope you will give the much needed attention the Foundry (one of, if not the only, thing that this game has that others don't) needs.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?644211-Sad
    This could be a good read to get a feel of how Foundry authors feel about the current Foundry system=)
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    edited April 2014
    Welcome! I'm a little confused. I thought Som was still going to be doing Adventure Hour (Unofficially, of course). So are there now going to be 2 Adventure Hours? :confused: And what's your GM handle going to be in game, so we all can add you and get you in Team Fencebane?
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited April 2014
    kreatyve wrote: »
    Welcome! I'm a little confused. I thought Som was still going to be doing Adventure Hour (Unofficially, of course). So are there now going to be 2 Adventure Hours? :confused: And what's your GM handle going to be in game, so we all can add you and get you in Team Fencebane?
    . . . Akromatik's going to be taking this over from Sominator. When Ak starts this up again, he'll give out such information.
  • tornnomartornnomar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 399 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Well at least the new Community Manager wasn't hiding behind the door in Cloak Tower.
    [img][/img]NORresized.png
    Branch Lead
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    What do I do? Wall of flames, fire storm, fireball, I summon a spider, push it inside the room and close the door.
    edited April 2014
    diogene0 wrote: »
    What do I do? Wall of flames, fire storm, fireball, I summon a spider, push it inside the room and close the door.
    Aw, so harsh. But that leaping lizard in your avatar is too darn cute, so you're forgiven!
  • eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    diogene0 wrote: »

Pfft. Amateurs. Such a waste of mana.

Rock to mud. Count one......two.... Wall of ice horizontally on top of mud.
    Neat, tidy, no burning chests and bags of incinerated loot. :p
  • lewel555lewel555 Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    What would be nice would be to come in PE and give buffs.