test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

You open the heavy stone door to find…A new Community Manager! What do you do?

akromatikakromatik Member Posts: 1
edited April 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Greetings, adventurers!

I’m Akromatik, the rootinist, arrow-shootinist, rollin’-for-lootinist Community Manager this side of Myth Nantar!

I fancy myself a “gamer anthropologist” and I want to use my know-how to help make this community a fun place we can come together and celebrate the amazing game that is Neverwinter.

Y’all will be seeing more of me in the weeks to come and I’m looking forward to having some fun with you all. I’ve been playing D&D for about 11 years and am a huge Forgotten Realms fan who loves dishing about past adventures…especially the crazy ones. I know I’ve got big shoes to fill, but I fully plan on picking up where Sominator left off. Keep your eyes peeled for Foundry Spotlights, Neverwinter Adventure Hours, and more!

Feel free to use this thread to ask me any questions you might have (within reason, of course)!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• brazennlbrazennl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 44
    edited April 2014
    Good luck and have fun!
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited April 2014
    Welcome to the crew akromatik!

I wish you the best of luck and from the bit we have spoken with so far I know you will do just fine.

May Umberlee grant you strong winds and smooth seas in your newest adventure. :)
  • akromatikakromatik Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2014
    Welcome to the crew akromatik!

I wish you the best of luck and from the bit we have spoken with so far I know you will do just fine.

May Umberlee grant you strong winds and smooth seas in your newest adventure. :)

The power of the Queen of the Depths is strong with me. I shan't disappoint you!
  • nurmoodnurmood Member Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I wish you the best - i hope you have a lot patience with all these people nagging about stuff and still find the courage to improve.
  • melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    congrats, akromatik! and welcome to the neverwinter forums! :D
  • zippichzippich Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Hi! :)

/10chars
  • cmpinpointerrorcmpinpointerror Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 646
    edited April 2014
    Welcome aboard! :)
  • wingedkagoutiwingedkagouti Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    akromatik wrote: »
    Feel free to use this thread to ask me any questions you might have (within reason, of course)!
    Welcome to the madness that is managing an online community for a MMO.

A minor question, but have you played any of the other Cryptic games (CoX, CO, & STO)?
  • schweifer1982schweifer1982 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,662 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Greetings, adventurers!

I’m Akromatik, the rootinist, arrow-shootinist, rollin’-for-lootinist Community Manager this side of Myth Nantar!

I fancy myself a “gamer anthropologist” and I want to use my know-how to help make this community a fun place we can come together and celebrate the amazing game that is Neverwinter.

Y’all will be seeing more of me in the weeks to come and I’m looking forward to having some fun with you all. I’ve been playing D&D for about 11 years and am a huge Forgotten Realms fan who loves dishing about past adventures…especially the crazy ones. I know I’ve got big shoes to fill, but I fully plan on picking up where Sominator left off. Keep your eyes peeled for Foundry Spotlights, Neverwinter Adventure Hours, and more!

Welcome and i hope y enjoy your work .
    I have deep hope y can do somthing about nerf threads :). "Atomatic" delete or somthing like ..
    GWF 3700Ilvl Éjsötét & ProPala 3200Ilvl Menydörgés (main) & Szürkefarkas 2600 ilvl
    edited April 2014
    Welcome to the madness that is managing an online community for a MMO.

A minor question, but have you played any of the other Cryptic games (CoX, CO, & STO)?

I played a bit of CoH/V back in the day and I've a little STO. NW is what I know best though! :D
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Hehe new fish!
    Bring forth the comfy chair! We must break this new one in...properly. :D
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Hello new CM , how are you? welcome to our community xD
    Feel free to use this thread to ask me any questions you might have

Is Warlock next class and when is it coming , feel free to pm me the answer , you can trust me , I swear ... truuuust..
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • wimpazoidwimpazoid Member Posts: 504 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I turn to page 404.

"Sorry, the page you are looking for does not exist! Your adventure ends here..."

Welcome and have fun on your job! ;)
  • schweifer1982schweifer1982 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,662 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    Hello new CM , how are you? welcome to our community xD

Is Warlock next class and when is it coming , feel free to pm me the answer , you can trust me , I swear ... truuuust..

LOL Will be the next Druid ? I wont tell any one just in factory to few friends :)
    GWF 3700Ilvl Éjsötét & ProPala 3200Ilvl Menydörgés (main) & Szürkefarkas 2600 ilvl
  • wingedkagoutiwingedkagouti Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I played a bit of CoH/V back in the day and I've a little STO. NW is what I know best though! :D
    Nice to hear that you're not a complete newbie when it comes to Cryptic game design.

Hope you get to share some of the inside stories you learn. :)
  • jorifice1jorifice1 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    [Rolls save vs. Moderation with a -2 penalty]
    [Natural 1]
    [Critical Failure]
    [Consults Table]
    [Player must remain upbeat and helpful]

Well, it was worth a shot!
    So, welcome to the Forums!
    We are EXACTLY as weird as we sound!
    So flee while you still have your sanity!

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
    edited April 2014
    jorifice1 wrote: »
    [Rolls save vs. Moderation with a -2 penalty]
    [Natural 1]
    [Critical Failure]
    [Consults Table]
    [Player must remain upbeat and helpful]

Well, it was worth a shot!
    So, welcome to the Forums!
    We are EXACTLY as weird as we sound!
    So flee while you still have your sanity!

Excellent! I like weird people! As for my sanity, I already traded it away for a glow-in-the-dark D20...

Totally worth it.
  • reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Welcome and I hope you'll have fun!
    I'm so glad that we'll have someone for foundry spotlight! Many of us have been missing that :)
    Good luck!
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • joocycuzzzzzzjoocycuzzzzzz Member Posts: 577 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    OP What will your role be exactly ?
    Beta player

One of the many Control Wizards that misses Shard Of The Endless Avalanche. RIP Shard (Beta-Mod3)
  • obsiddiaobsiddia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,025 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Welcome. Are you going to be running Team Fencebane Adventure Hours
    on Twitch channel? Or is Sominator still able to do that?
    Did you really think anyone could steal the power of the god of thieves?
    edited April 2014
    obsiddia wrote: »
    Welcome. Are you going to be running Team Fencebane Adventure Hours
    on Twitch channel? Or is Sominator still able to do that?

I fully intend to pick up where Sominator left off with the Team Fencebane Adventure Hour. In fact, I'd really love to keep Team Fencebane together for more Neverwintery shenanigans!
  • nwnghostnwnghost Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Welcome, do you have a PhD just like sominator did? Maybe in gamer anthropology? :D

Have fun in your new role, drop by my thread some time and help pin out ;)
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    You are not recognized by this Angry Sprite until you divulge:

TWITTER HANDLE PLEEZES?

(And welcome. We have withdrawals of harassment of GM).
  • iliveforpvpiliveforpvp Member Posts: 268 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2014
    Also haha welcome new manager :) to the arger that is the NW player base.

Seriously though it's good to meet you. I can already tell by your first post that you will most likely fit in very well here. See you in game!
  • syka08syka08 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I fully intend to pick up where Sominator left off with the Team Fencebane Adventure Hour. In fact, I'd really love to keep Team Fencebane together for more Neverwintery shenanigans!

Ohhoho? More chances at that plastic bag, Ehhhhhh? Count me in good sir (or madam)! I look forward to meeting you in the arena of NWAH. May Team Fencebane prevail!
    contents to be decided
    edited April 2014
    nwnghost wrote: »
    Welcome, do you have a PhD just like sominator did? Maybe in gamer anthropology? :D

Have fun in your new role, drop by my thread some time and help pin out ;)

No PhD here. But I do have BAs in both psychology and anthropology. I actually wanted to write my senior thesis on MMOs, but my prof wouldn't let me...so I wrote it on anime fan communities instead! I did, however, write a paper on D&D. I was only my first *real* college paper, but definitely one of my favorites.
    You are not recognized by this Angry Sprite until you divulge:

TWITTER HANDLE PLEEZES?

(And welcome. We have withdrawals of harassment of GM).

Twitter handle? Sure! Ask and you shall receive, Angry Sprite! https://twitter.com/NeverwinterGame ;D
    syka08 wrote: »
    Ohhoho? More chances at that plastic bag, Ehhhhhh? Count me in good sir (or madam)! I look forward to meeting you in the arena of NWAH. May Team Fencebane prevail!

Indeed! Huzzah!
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Twitter handle? Sure! Ask and you shall receive, Angry Sprite! https://twitter.com/NeverwinterGame ;D!

Oh PFFFT! I've been following THAT one since before you guys created it. Okay, then - if you won't have a Twitter alter-ego then fine. You are officially blessed by me (but I'm still an Angry Sprite). :P

Really happy to have you here, we miss Som, not so much Som himself, but a warm body to berate and harass about. -winks-
    (Should I be embarrassed to state I still follow Som at Twitter? LOL)

Hey, welcome home. We need you here. :)
  • harnelharnel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    A new community manager? Excellent! And he's a weirdo gamer just like us? Even more excellent!

Good to have you Akro. We'll try not to make it too hard on you as you ease int the job, but just remember this is an MMO forum. Here is where the vitriol pours forth like clear water from a mountain spring. You're in for a semi-depressing time, but it should be livened up by those of us that are actually friendly :p

Why don't you pop on over to the arts and fiction section? Sprite, I, and a few others are going to be doing a March of the Cubes dealy and maybe you'd like to take part.
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Yey! Fresh meat. I mean, hail and well met new trap finder...I mean, party member!

Here's a welcome present from all of us. It's definitely NOT a mimic. Probably not. Really, not a mimic. Maybe. Well, it could be. There's only one way to find out.

/runs
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited April 2014
    Yay free treasure!!!!

*Tries to open the chest and then notices it isn't Dungeon Delve Hour*

Darn. If only Module 3 was out I would buy a key but nooooo.