test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The D&D Degree of Potent Quotables

aandrethegiantaandrethegiant Member Posts: 3,364 Arc User
edited May 2014 in Off Topic
In the same "cloth" of the Seven Degrees of Kevin Bacon, where every Hollywood actor somehow is connected to Kevin Bacon, comes The D&D Degree of Potent Quotables, which is a fun, much simplified concept. In this game - we simply try to find a popular quote that directly relates to D&D, in one degree.

In other words lets see how many quotes from a movie, athlete, tv show, philosopher or any known figure past or present, we can find that somehow directly can be used to describe your Neverwinter experience!!

Here's a few I can think of to start things off nicely!

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein. (which means all of us farming loot runs must be insane!! LOL!)

"Not brutal enough" -Nathan Explosion

"If your keys fall in lava, let them go, cause man they're gone" -Jack Handey

"640k ought to be enough for anybody" -Bill Gates (1981 - not even enough memories for a good SCREEN SHOT of Protectors Enclave - man has the times changed!)

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Neverwinter Online Guild
No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
Post edited by aandrethegiant on

Comments

• Options
    dandare#8529 dandare Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    “There is no instance of a country having benefited from prolonged warfare. ”
    ― Sun Tzu, The Art of War (quite indeed...)
    "You stand as inspiration. You are practically the Avatar of Buttkicking." -Quote towards Minsc
    "I choose You Jymaru!" ~for there are times when more than words need to do the talk
  • Options
    djarkaandjarkaan Member Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    "Starts with S... ends with... litting their throats."
    -Belkar Bitterleaf
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    "As you can see the reports of my death were greatly exaggerated!" - Mark Twain's comments to reporters after his return from Europe where he was reported to have died.

"Say goodbye to your two best friends, and I don't mean your pals in the Winnebago" Dark Helmet Spaceballs

No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
  • Options
    dragoness10dragoness10 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 780 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    "You wanna play rough? Okay. Say hello to my little friend!" (Tony Montana in Scarface)

:Hlafling TR steps out of the shadows from behind an orc:

Maybe I'm not getting this, but that sounds funny to me.
    " I tried to figure out the enigma that was you, and then I realized mastering Wild Magic was easier." - Old Wizard in Waterdeep

"Why is it dragons only use ketchup? I'd like a little wasabi please. Us silvers like a variety of condiments."

"Don't call them foolish mortals. One, they don't learn from it. Two, It just ticks them off." - An Ancient Red Dragon
  • Options
    chaoscourtesanchaoscourtesan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    'Anybody else wanna negotiate?' Korben Dallas - The Fifth Element
    Rhyon Cawdorian GWF | Opa Loka TR | Cormac Argentus III DC | Annika Thornblade GF | Aerys Skydark HR | Bartin Findlor TR | Aellia Baalthrall CW | Lucan Hawkmoon CW | Opa Brahk GWF | Korzbyrk DC | Den Kruk GWF | Jherek Skarsin CW |
    Roland Mac Sheonin GF | Tarron Direheart SW |
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    "They fall in line
    One at a time
    Ready to play
    I can't see them anyway" ~Breaking Benjamin (for all those who ever found themselves surrounded by Perma-stealth rouges on pvp :P)
    "You stand as inspiration. You are practically the Avatar of Buttkicking." -Quote towards Minsc
    "I choose You Jymaru!" ~for there are times when more than words need to do the talk
  • Options
    djarkaandjarkaan Member Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    "Instead of helping an aged dwarf women across the road, you should be shooting her in the face with arrows until it stops being funny."

-Richard, Chief Warlock of the Brothers of Darkness, Lord of the Thirteen Hells, Master of the Bones, Emperor of the Black, Lord of the Undead and the mayor of a little village up the coast.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    "I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick a$$...and I'm all out of bubblegum." - Roddy Piper "They Live"

"Badges? We don't need no stinking badges." Mexican bandit "Blazing Saddles"

• Options
    edited April 2014
    "I drank what?"

- Socrates

"Life is thickly sown with thorns, and I know no other remedy than to pass quickly through them. The longer we dwell on our misfortunes, the greater is their power to harm us."

- Voltaire

"I can't help it, I'm a natural born lever puller."

- Ringo Starr

• Options
    edited April 2014
    “If at first, the idea is not absurd, then there is no hope for it” ~ Albert Einstein
    (For killing an 20,000 lb lizard with electric breathe is best idea little Halfling can have! :D )
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    "Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." - John Wayne

"Courage is being scared to death... and saddling up anyway." - John Wayne