test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Tymora's Coin is cursed?!

azahronazahron Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2 Arc User
edited March 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
It seems I can no longer unequip Tymora's Coin, did some tricksters curse it today when darkness fell over our fair Neverwinter?! :eek:
(I can't move it to a different slot either, and yes, that is when the buff is off cooldown and completely gone.)
Artificer.jpg
Post edited by azahron on

Comments

• Options
    midnightfang93midnightfang93 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    If you used it, you can't remove it until the cooldown expires.
  • Options
    akemnosakemnos Member Posts: 597 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    as per the patch today it can be unequipped during its cool down.
  • Options
    azahronazahron Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    If you used it, you can't remove it until the cooldown expires.

It seems I made my edit too late; my problem is that I can't remove it even after the cooldown has expired and the buff is long gone.
    Artificer.jpg
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    azahron wrote: »
    It seems I made my edit too late; my problem is that I can't remove it even after the cooldown has expired and the buff is long gone.

Have you tried after 10 minutes? , if you read the item description it says the cooldown is 600 seconds but when the coin goes onto cooldown it only shows as 7 minutes so I'm guessing it will be stuck on your belt slot for the full 600 seconds ,if that is the problem then they need to change the shown cooldown to a full 10 minutes .
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    Have you tried after 10 minutes? , if you read the item description it says the cooldown is 600 seconds but when the coin goes onto cooldown it only shows as 7 minutes so I'm guessing it will be stuck on your belt slot for the full 600 seconds ,if that is the problem then they need to change the shown cooldown to a full 10 minutes .

Yep, I waited until the buff was completely gone (aka 10 min if I'm not mistaken) before I tried removing it again.
    Artificer.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Yep, I waited until the buff was completely gone (aka 10 min if I'm not mistaken) before I tried removing it again.

Ugh I hope I'm not stuck with this in my belt forever , major bug after major bug is making it's way into the game now , wtf is happening at Cryptic ..
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    Ugh I hope I'm not stuck with this in my belt forever , major bug after major bug is making it's way into the game now , wtf is happening at Cryptic ..

Let me know if it works for you, when you get a chance to try it. :)
    Artificer.jpg
  • Options
    mct318mct318 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Tried doing this, buff was gone, coin was off cooldown, wasn't able to unequip from belt slot.
  • Options
    radtatatradtatat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 201
    edited March 2014
    Yup it is bugged. Logged into my toon for the first time today. Did not use coin at all. Tried to move it to bag and a message popped up saying I cannot unequip it when it is on cooldown. I guess they made it on perm cooldown even when it is not in use...

On a side note. Even when i am not using the coin, once in a while I'll hear the sound effect for flipping the coin...strange...
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    radtatat wrote: »
    Yup it is bugged. Logged into my toon for the first time today. Did not use coin at all. Tried to move it to bag and a message popped up saying I cannot unequip when it is on cooldown. I guess they made it on perm cooldown even when it is not in use...

On a side note. Even when i am not using the coin, once in a while I'll hear the sound effect for flipping he coin...strange...

Yep, it seems stuck on "cooldown" when it comes to unequipping it.
    Artificer.jpg
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    On a side note. Even when i am not using the coin, once in a while I'll hear the sound effect for flipping the coin...strange...

You can hear everyone else around you flipping their coins.

Hey, sound designers... the clinking is driving me bonkers!
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Let me know if it works for you, when you get a chance to try it. :)

Yeah I left it a good 20 minutes or more and no luck ,it's well and truly bugged .

Ahaha , I thought I was imagining that .
  • Options
    psycobrabillypsycobrabilly Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    It's the new fad, flipping coins. Now if only mt toon could chew a toothpick...
  • Options
    cmpinpointerrorcmpinpointerror Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 646
    edited March 2014
    We hope to have a fix for this soon. Sorry for that!
  • Options
    psyb3rtr011psyb3rtr011 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Is it cursed? If only such were true!

My favorite PnP memories, are of Cursed devices that gave more good things than bad, but the bad was humorous, or manifested at the worst possible times, and were character impeding, not killing.

I have had some evil, twisted, demented DM's in my almost 40 years of gaming.
    Psyb3rTr011
    AKA Cyber Troll and Euben Hadd
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Is it cursed? If only such were true!

My favorite PnP memories, are of Cursed devices that gave more good things than bad, but the bad was humorous, or manifested at the worst possible times, and were character impeding, not killing.

I have had some evil, twisted, demented DM's in my almost 40 years of gaming.

Sounds like good times to me! :)
    Artificer.jpg
  • Options
    mystagoguemystagogue Member Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    We hope to have a fix for this soon. Sorry for that!

I hope you fix it as well as you did the Stones of Radiance.

Urp wait, no.

I hope you fix it better than you did the Stones of Radiance.

Uhh, well, maybe...

I hope you fix and and explain why there was no explanation as to why.

Oh I give up. I'm glad I like my coin at least...
  • Options
    kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    Not only is it cursed, I am haunted by it.. I haven't equipped one on any character, but I swear that I hear the "ting!" of the cointoss in the Dread Ring solo instances, with no other players around. Spooky.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    kattefjaes wrote: »
    Not only is it cursed, I am haunted by it.. I haven't equipped one on any character, but I swear that I hear the "ting!" of the cointoss in the Dread Ring solo instances, with no other players around. Spooky.

Soon you'll start catching glimpses of it in the corner of your eye... :eek:
    Artificer.jpg
  • Options
    kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    Soon you'll start catching glimpses of it in the corner of your eye... :eek:

*twitch twitch*
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited March 2014
    . . . The devs should toss the Girdle of Masculinity/Femininity in the game without notice. I would love that.... I can see it now...

. . . What's this belt? Ah, my ID scroll says it is a belt that makes me stronger! Great! *the old mage puts on his new belt then screams in horror in a girly voice*
  • Options
    desertravelerdesertraveler Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I am still unable to unslot my tymora coin from my belt, any idea when this will be fixed?
  • Options
    midnightfang93midnightfang93 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I am still unable to unslot my tymora coin from my belt, any idea when this will be fixed?

Tomorrow.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?632831-Shadowmantle-Owlbear-Preview-Patch-Notes-NW-14-20140310a-2

Unless something changes in the preview patch and live patch, of course.
  • Options
    killianthefoxkillianthefox Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I have this same bug (Coin cannot be removed from slot), so I will be looking forward to this supposed fix.