test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Looking for a GUILD for my lvl22 Hunter Ranger

y13p334my13p334m Member Posts: 2 Arc User
hi! all

im looking for a guild for my HR (lvl22)

im looking for a guild that shares stuff and/or repository irrespective of level (well not necessarily but definitely doesnt keep the repository locked to the player only because the player isnt at lvl60..also as im lvling my HR very slowly...or well trying to anyways :P), mostly pve based (not saying 'not at all pvp' too), doesnt make it absolutely necessary for every single guildie to spend cash to be involved in the guild events/DD/repository (my reason being: if i did spend 'real cash' ima get shouted or spanked on by my parents)..

of course that being said there are 'ADs' and participating in depositing all i can into the repository and helping other guildies if i can and more :)

and my HR's in a guild atm thats opposite of all that...thats why im searching for a guild as per the above mentioned. :)

please do lemme know asap..

thank you

ash
Post edited by y13p334m on

Comments

• mablus25mablus25 Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    My guild is recruiting by the way also whisper me on Blast Lord
  • aandrethegiantaandrethegiant Member Posts: 3,369 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    y13p334m wrote: »
    hi! all

im looking for a guild for my HR (lvl22)

im looking for a guild that shares stuff and/or repository irrespective of level (well not necessarily but definitely doesnt keep the repository locked to the player only because the player isnt at lvl60..
    ash

Howdy Ash,

Am I reading that right that you want a guild that doesnt limit what you can take out of the guild bank??? Even as a new recruit?

That's a safeguard mechanism that's been built in so that new recruits cant easily rob them blind. It does happen.

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Neverwinter Online Guild
    No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
  • y13p334my13p334m Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Howdy Ash,

Am I reading that right that you want a guild that doesnt limit what you can take out of the guild bank??? Even as a new recruit?

That's a safeguard mechanism that's been built in so that new recruits cant easily rob them blind. It does happen.

ammm...no sir! not at all :P...i didnt at all mean so o.O

what i did mean is that..i wouldnt wanna be completely locked off of the guild repository (completely means not even 1 item from the repository can be removed and i can only and only deposit till im lvl60.. now im not even lvling that fast that i would fly off till lvl60 and so on and so forth...im going as slow as possible on HR.. :)

now i do understand the mechanism completely but im not fully in support of the guild for barring me off of the repository to a level that i can only deposit and not take absolutely anything off of the repository...sure if i fly off to lvl60 (which i definitely can do in a couple of days) ill be able to use the repository to deposit as well as withdraw...unfortunately im not lvling up that fast on this character (unlike my CW which is a lvl60 and not in that guild too) ^_^
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited March 2014
    Level isn't a way to gain trust.

I know Aandre's guild is big time into helping new players and players in his guild would jump at the opportunity to lend a helping hand...
    But trust is earned with actions, deeds and time. There's a huge difference between looking for a guild who wants to help each other and a guild who will allow you to take stuff from its supplies from the get go on blind trust.

Remember, if you need an item there is likely going to be somebody within the guild willing and able to get the item for you.

Personally I would stay away from any guild saying level is a means to advancement. ;)
    It is hard to describe without getting into the gray area of the rules but think of it this way, would a bank hire somebody just because they have a PHD without looking into their criminal history?

There are many guilds that that would love to assist it's members advance in the game but any guild which would allow its members to take from the bank from the get go, high level or not, is not a guild set up for success in my most humble and respectful opinion.
  • aandrethegiantaandrethegiant Member Posts: 3,369 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    y13p334m wrote: »
    ammm...no sir! not at all :P...i didnt at all mean so o.O

what i did mean is that..i wouldnt wanna be completely locked off of the guild repository (completely means not even 1 item from the repository can be removed and i can only and only deposit till im lvl60.. now im not even lvling that fast that i would fly off till lvl60 and so on and so forth...im going as slow as possible on HR.. :)

now i do understand the mechanism completely but im not fully in support of the guild for barring me off of the repository to a level that i can only deposit and not take absolutely anything off of the repository...sure if i fly off to lvl60 (which i definitely can do in a couple of days) ill be able to use the repository to deposit as well as withdraw...unfortunately im not lvling up that fast on this character (unlike my CW which is a lvl60 and not in that guild too) ^_^

Yeah I agree with Ambi, above.

For example, we are a guild known for it's camaraderie, and that means helping out our fellow guildies enjoy their gaming experience with good cheer, allowing them to play their characters the way they were built. In a cohesive guild like ours, we have simple rules for looting so that everyone gets their fair shake. Our bank rules are designed to be very useful for all of our guildies, and is utilized daily. But its safeguarded against looters. As Ambi states, our guildies all help each other gear up, and will even help craft items and such.

As the lead recruiter for Tyrs Paladium in four different games... the first item that pops into my mind is: This guy cares more about our bank than running with our guilldies. Now, you might be the nicest guy since the invention of the Q-Tip... but if the first question and clearly most important detail you care about a guild is "What are the bank rules", the next word I then think of is..... "Next."

Understand, none of the above is directed at you per say, but at those that are thinking of making a "quick buck" and at the guild leaders (and their fellow guildies) that could get suckered.

In a good guild, contributing guild members don't worry about your worry ;)

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Neverwinter Online Guild
    No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Our bank rules are designed to be very useful for all of our guildies, and is utilized daily. But its safeguarded against looters.

We've got multiple tabs with rare gear for under-60s, and the permissions allow even the lowest-ranking members to withdraw 2 items per day from each of those. We've also got a tab with potions and ID scrolls and things that has unlimited withdrawal. Epic items and higher enchants require a few promotions to access. Promotions are based on participating in guild activities, and doing nice things for guildies, not on level or length of time as a member.

Having permissions set such that anyone level 60 has open access and anyone below doesn't just sounds weird. I guess it depends on what's in the bank, as ours is skewed very heavily towards equipment for levelling.

That said, there are players who join guilds specifically for purposes of stripping everything they can from the bank, if they find one with no precautions taken, and then leaving. So that's why bank permissions are a necessity, though being level 60 is no kind of proof that someone isn't a thief.

There are people who post to PE zone chat "looking for guild with well-stocked, poorly secured bank" as a joke because these roving thieves actually are a problem, so making a serious post to look for a guild and coming across as though your main concern is the bank doesn't give a good first impression.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia