test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Shadowmantle Preview Patch Notes NW.14.20140224a.7

124»

Comments

• Options
    ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited March 2014
    I don't think ITF needs increased uptime. With the Tactician recharge feat and 3300 recovery my GF has only ~1.5 seconds of ITF downtime. What would make it much more useful would be vastly increasing the amount of Temp HP it granted the user and party members.

The developers keep focusing on giving GF more threat when there's no reason to tank mobs because a full DPS party kills them so fast. Give us damage and durability, threat is useless.

The reason "entry-level" epic groups need tanks and "end-game" epic groups don't is because end game is not challenging. End game right now is a matter of finding the fastest method to farm CN for maximised profits. This is a stark contrast to fresh level 60s, where characters without perfect enchants and their BiS epic gear rely on the tank to survive. Until we have challenging end game content we don't need to bother holding aggro or tanking bosses, we can just kill them before they kill us, and GFs don't provide any value to those groups.

Group dynamics for fresh level 60s is fairly balanced and GF generally don't have a problem finding their way into dungeons. But by the time you are ready to farm CN, you are ready to leave the GF behind. This is the area wherein GF needs to be balanced.

Furthermore, what's the point of increasing our threat when the adds in the final boss fights of the last 2 expansions are immune to threat but not immune to CC? Whose idea was that, and are they deliberately attempting to exterminate GFs? And why hasn't it been fixed yet?

The only alternative to increasing the damage output of GF to be equal to other classes that I can see would be to improve their ability to mitigate damage to be on par with at least DC if not CW (because CW are actually the kings of both offense and defense, DC are superfluous). This would entail a major rework of several GF skills.
  • Options
    ortzhyortzhy Member Posts: 1,103 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    ranncore wrote: »
    The reason "entry-level" epic groups need tanks and "end-game" epic groups don't is because end game is not challenging.

The end game is challenging... problem is with CW-eye of the storm that can allow them 80-90% crit chance without even needing crit as a stat hence 9k power builds and with GWF- deep gash with a similar 70-80% crit chance and 12k power builds. To that we also have the incredible well balanced soulforge that can allow you to go full glass cannon without a second thought.

Imo the dracolich is still a poor balanced encounter that is only doable cause of the reasons above. Also pls fix the knockback so i can stop being a flipper ball as a dwarf GWF/GF in there.
  • Options
    theosymphanytheosymphany Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    panderus wrote: »
    • Linked Spirit: Now triggers on the first tick of heal of time effects.

[*]An issue where the Devoted Cleric feat “Linked Spirit” could be triggered by activating “Channel Divinity” after casting a heal.

Panderus- can you please get your QA team to look at Linked Spirit again? I've tested this every week up to 10 minutes ago on preview and Linked Spirit still grant ZERO stat increase on Astral Shield despite the icon showing. If you look at the stats during Linked spirit and compare to after icon expires there is no change. In comparison, Forgemaster's Flame will net you an immediate increase in stats. If you cannot get this fixed by Thursday can you please take out the changes until it is ready.

Bug report was filed below (original post) and still relevant.

Appreciate your attention and hard work.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?585111-DC-Channel-Divinity-HoT-Linked-Spirit-broken
    Kaelac Symphony LaggyGamerz Community
    Guild and guide info

Module 4 Comprehensive DC guide |Module 4 MoF CW Handbook |New! Scourge Warlock Guide| NW Numbers and Mechanics guide |Crit, Power and DPS guide | Dungeon Delving guide and more
  • Options
    mqgnusmqgnus Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    ranncore wrote: »
    I don't think ITF needs increased uptime. With the Tactician recharge feat and 3300 recovery my GF has only ~1.5 seconds of ITF downtime. What would make it much more useful would be vastly increasing the amount of Temp HP it granted the user and party members.

The developers keep focusing on giving GF more threat when there's no reason to tank mobs because a full DPS party kills them so fast. Give us damage and durability, threat is useless.

The reason "entry-level" epic groups need tanks and "end-game" epic groups don't is because end game is not challenging. End game right now is a matter of finding the fastest method to farm CN for maximised profits. This is a stark contrast to fresh level 60s, where characters without perfect enchants and their BiS epic gear rely on the tank to survive. Until we have challenging end game content we don't need to bother holding aggro or tanking bosses, we can just kill them before they kill us, and GFs don't provide any value to those groups.

Group dynamics for fresh level 60s is fairly balanced and GF generally don't have a problem finding their way into dungeons. But by the time you are ready to farm CN, you are ready to leave the GF behind. This is the area wherein GF needs to be balanced.

Furthermore, what's the point of increasing our threat when the adds in the final boss fights of the last 2 expansions are immune to threat but not immune to CC? Whose idea was that, and are they deliberately attempting to exterminate GFs? And why hasn't it been fixed yet?

The only alternative to increasing the damage output of GF to be equal to other classes that I can see would be to improve their ability to mitigate damage to be on par with at least DC if not CW (because CW are actually the kings of both offense and defense, DC are superfluous). This would entail a major rework of several GF skills.

What would be the point of increasing GF's damages ? We will just be another DPS class playing with a shield, that's all.

Didn't sign for it. ^^

My toughts are that the IA is bad designed for tanking, bosses will never shred anyone with low defense and even the soulforge is here to save the day. Others mobs destroy our shield : 1 boss can be tanked infinitly while 8-10 minions are far more deadly or hard to handle if not killed quickly, at best our shield will be low filled at worst it'll be broken the second after we rise it.

I'd rather suggest to adds a armor penetration rating for all NPCs, in this way, tanks will be more important since they will not suffer from losing even 2000 Def for exemple (my GF has 5K atm with GR set), while they will obliterate thoose with low defence and AC. This is very simple idea i had yesterday in a flash, i'm barely able to see its couterparts/bad sides right now but i think this isn't that bad !

Threat increasing is a good thing but not the ultimate solution, now, changes and balances have to be done on other classes to fill the gap between GFs and the rest of the crew. This is a teamplay game, so why keep focusing on ONE class to resolve problems ? ^^

But i'm definitly agreed about temporary HP given by ITF. I'd suggest to put a base bonus at 2,5% of our max HP and increase it by 2,5% at each rank so we provide 7,5% (i have 33K HP so it'll provides ~2K5 HP to everyone) of our max HP at rank 3 of ITF while providing 15% bonus movespeed (maybe lower that to 9-10% too) and 5% damage if the GF is running a tactician spec.

Cya
    Top tip for passing the time : Read a book, write a book or book a holiday for your book !
  • Options
    pers3phonepers3phone Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    ortzhy wrote: »
    The end game is challenging... problem is with CW-eye of the storm that can allow them 80-90% crit chance without even needing crit

Stating these things makes you look REALLY bad.

How about documenting yourself and checking the CW forums where the crit chance was calculated to take into account EotS uptime?

Guess what? Not nearly 80-90% (lol).

I can prove this to you any day... any minute... with actual ACT logs. Not with imaginative opinions.
  • Options
    warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    pers3phone wrote: »

How about documenting yourself and checking the CW forums where the crit chance was calculated to take into account EotS uptime?

I can prove this to you any day... any minute... with actual ACT logs. Not with imaginative opinions.

eye of storm is op beyond any reason this class future makes your dps almost 2 times better how else do u think cw could have 40% damage form one encounter ?
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    warpet wrote: »
    eye of storm is op beyond any reason this class future makes your dps almost 2 times better how else do u think cw could have 40% damage form one encounter ?

I can disprove this as well, with ACT logs, not just opinion and speculation.

Anything else?

Please ask for logs I will happily provide them as soon as I run CN. Might even have some log files in Trash for impatient ones.
  • Options
    astronaxastronax Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    warpet wrote: »

Dem GFs, trying to theorize about CWs damage output.. lol! ;)
    In fact, EotS increase overall damage output by approximately 15% (at best, with P. Vorpal). Which is totally comparable with Evocation and other class features. Overall crit chance, provided by it, can't surpass 50-55% at very best, which comparable with TR's and HR's one (or may be even with GWF's one, i'm not sure about this).

In details:
    Assume your crit rating is 3500, which gives you around 38% natural crit chance (taking feats and CHA in account), and you have your EotS 100 seconds out of 400 (uptime 25%) (which is really good, and in fact, usually less than that). That means, 25% of time your crit chance is 100% and rest 75% its 38%. On infinite time interval your overall crit chance will be 0.25*100% + 0.75*38% = 53.5%
    More natural crit you have, less bonus crit (less bonus damage) you have from EotS.
  • Options
    edited March 2014

I am used to looking bad.. i just cant help it :o

Here is how it goes... i put my shard down, put CoI on targets tick tick EotS pops send the shard in and watch the numbers fly. For some reason i have a feeling that Storm Spell has something to do with the fast procs of EotS also.

Tbh it would be alot better that EotS would provide a certain %Crit similar to Weapon Master.

Link to your logs as i want to see them so i have a reference to compare with my own.
    Also be a little more concerned on how your own acts make you look cause you are a bit off the track... We can talk on numbers if you can learn to respect other peoples opinions.

@astronax woaaa the math!!! are you sure u haven't missed some things?!
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    ortzhy wrote: »
    I am used to looking bad.. i just cant help it :o

Here is how it goes... i put my shard down, put CoI on targets tick tick EotS pops send the shard in and watch the numbers fly. For some reason i have a feeling that Storm Spell has something to do with the fast procs of EotS also.

Tbh it would be alot better that EotS would provide a certain %Crit similar to Weapon Master.

PS: link to your logs as i want to see them so i have a reference to compare with my own.

I'll send you some as soon as I run CN.

However, you do it sub-optimally :)

If you pre cast shard, then CoI, shard will have a predetermined crit chance from its first cast, regardless of CoI proccing EotS. If you want to guarantee shard crit, you need to cast it DURING EotS.

Because of how skilled CWs use their nukes, crit chance appears quite big sometimes for their encounters, since you try to cast during EotS. That doesn't mean that overall crit chance is 90% :)

You can EASILY check that with ACT.

I am personally way too lazy to bother doing that much work for PvE. I have a PvP build, I no longer top CN when I play against great CWs, and I'm OK with that. So I cannot care less when I cast nukes and if they crit.

I care solely for the AD share after I finish the chore that is running the same stupid dungeon 1000 times. Nothing else.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    here is the main thing... put aside rotations and all. My main point is that this ability can be abused and is very similar to deep gash as it provides more than it should imo.

If you only read the crit % on all abilities that means nothing as it averages to your overall crit %, but this ability gives u the chance to almost always crit with your two hard hitting abilities ( reason behind my numbers).

To rephrase my initial saying: too much of the overall dmg is dmg done by crit (hope this sounds a bit better).
  • Options
    kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Well well well... Mr. Owl...

tootsie-pop-owl.jpg

Can you tell me, using actual ACT logs:

137-00112.jpg

Can you?!!?

Owl+gang.+Rubber+trucking+owls+trucking+with+my+ship+come+at_336c87_3199217.gif

:cool:
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    I cannot import your lollypop into ACT Leeroy, it gives some error :(

What should I dooooooo.....
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    I cannot import your lollypop into ACT Leeroy, it gives some error :(
    Dang it!
    What should I dooooooo.....
    Might I suggest, since you are a Control Wizard, that you try...

tumblr_mkxkvhe54v1rc113po1_250.gif

Just an idea! ;)

PS --- IMG_2310.gif
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Dang it!

Might I suggest, since you are a Control Wizard, that you try...

tumblr_mkxkvhe54v1rc113po1_250.gif

Just an idea! ;)

Magic is cool :)

Mine is however waning since yesterday. It's like going darker and darker. With my last powers, I estimated that my magic will become extinct in approximatively 2 days, Thursday the 6th of March.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Magic is cool :)
    Dang right it is! *high five* :cool:
    Mine is however waning since yesterday. It's like going darker and darker. With my last powers, I estimated that my magic will become extinct in approximately 2 days, Thursday the 6th of March.
    tumblr_lucqr4joAy1qeeql4.gif
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    **** right it is! *high five* :cool:

tumblr_lucqr4joAy1qeeql4.gif

lol.

OK man, thanks for the cheer up, I honestly appreciate it.

I'll see what I can do :P
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    lol.
    :cool:
    OK man, thanks for the cheer up, I honestly appreciate it.
    YEEEEAAAAAHHHH!!!

david-caruso-s-sunglasses-o.gif
    I'll see what I can do :P
    tumblr_mko458rctg1qfa9ryo1_500.gif
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    vladdry5vladdry5 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Guys, what with Vorpal? Many players says that comes vorpal nerf 6 March? Sorry for engrish btw
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    vladdry5 wrote: »
    Guys, what with Vorpal? Many players says that comes vorpal nerf 6 March? Sorry for engrish btw

Vorpal isn't being nerfed directly ,it will still work exactly the same in pve ,in pvp vorpal will be effected by tenacity that reduces critical strike damage by 10% and players in tenacity gear get a resistance to critical hits , I think that is what they mean.
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    Vorpal isn't being nerfed directly ,it will still work exactly the same in pve ,in pvp vorpal will be effected by tenacity that reduces critical strike damage by 10% and players in tenacity gear get a resistance to critical hits , I think that is what they mean.
    Exactly, since the 'burst damage' capability of Vorpal Enchantments is being advrsely affected, I believe you will start to see a great deal of other Enchantments on characters...

I know for my GWF I'll be testing out Frost/Bilethorn/Flaming/Terror/Feytouched/Lightning/etc. :D
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Will the GG Trader be available on the live shard tomorrow after the patch?!
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Will the GG Trader be available on the live shard tomorrow after the patch?!

Should be. These are basically our preview for this week's patch notes, barring last second changes, but I don't see why they'd withhold the trader.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Exactly, since the 'burst damage' capability of Vorpal Enchantments is being advrsely affected, I believe you will start to see a great deal of other Enchantments on characters...

I know for my GWF I'll be testing out Frost/Bilethorn/Flaming/Terror/Feytouched/Lightning/etc. :D

I think overall this is good, in fact they should either revamp some of the enchants or bring vorpal more in line during pve as well, pigeonholing is always bad imo.

Ironic that they are pigeonholing my DC even more in pvp though =P. We used to hit like a wet noodle, now its more like a crackly dry one.. all it takes to shroud our divine intervention apparently is a numbed up GWF..

Prepare the way for the divine cleric , who sits around and buffs others.. cant even heal themselves any more =P. If I was in a pug as a leader I would kick myself =P..
  • Options
    macaran5123macaran5123 Member Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Resolved Issues and Bug Fixes
    • [...]
    • An issue where the Devoted Cleric feat “Linked Spirit” could be triggered by activating “Channel Divinity” after casting a heal.
    • [...]

Bug: Devoted Cleric
    Somewhere along the line the linked spirit fix has become screwy. I just tested it today and it will not proc off the DC healing herself at all, except for Astral Shield procs. Healing Word will proc it when healing others, but not count the DC (whom is healed) as a multiplier for the buff bonus (despite still giving LS to the DC). Divine Sun Burst will proc it when healing others, and _does_ count the DC as a person for buff multiplier, same for Baston of Health and Forge Flame.

Astral Shield, on the other hand, procs LS, but does not give any stat buff at all, and is the only divine heal that gives a LS buff when the cleric is solo (though still 0 stats from it).

Since I don't know if the "not letting LS proc solo" is intended or not, I won't touch on that. However, I would ask wholeheartedly that the Linked Spirit feat be modified so that when 5/5 points are put in it, it changes Divine Sun Burst from a knockback to an interupt. I have no problem paying a pip of Divine power to give my group Linked Spirit, but given the virtual necessity of slotting Sun Burst in dungeon runs for action point gain, and the fact that Astral Shield is almost always dropped on cooldown (i.e. not able to time it to get the group together for LS buff), if a cleric wants to run a Linked Spirit build they are forced to use their third slot as either Forge Flame or Baston, as Divine Sun Burst knockback is not acceptable in PvE dungeon runs.

The simple change of making the Linked Spirit paragon change the Sun Burst divine from a knockback to something else once 5/5 points are invested in it, would give DCs at least a single skill slot that they can choose for their own personal playstyle.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    while waiting for your logs here is a quick test (in 1st and only attempt):

http://i916.photobucket.com/albums/ad7/Yhztro/Test-1_zps33194cee.jpg

My CW is 13k GS, having 1k crit rating and only a greater vorpal, even so if i give it a few more tries i;ll be able to get even higher numbers, but i think this is enough to back up my earlier claims and i am far from being the best cw out there.

Shard+Sudden Storm from my own experience is 66%+ of overall dmg.

(ST=71% SS=62% Shard=69% Oppressive=72%)
  • Options
    ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited March 2014
    mqgnus wrote: »
    We will just be another DPS class playing with a shield, that's all.

Didn't sign for it. ^^

I'd rather suggest to adds a armor penetration rating for all NPCs, in this way, tanks will be more important since they will not suffer from losing even 2000 Def for exemple (my GF has 5K atm with GR set), while they will obliterate thoose with low defence and AC.

I agree, and this is a very good idea, but until dungeon design is vastly different, the only thing every team needs to complete them is DPS - so until GF have competitive DPS or until we have enough content that everyone wants to run that is difficult enough to require a tank, they just won't be needed, no matter how much threat they generate.

I don't think that giving more threat to GF's is the best way to improve their ability to mitigate damage for the party. CWs do this more efficiently by controlling mobs, which is why Frontline Surge may have just become the GF's greatest power for mitigating damage - because mobs that are prone can't do damage.

GF needs more AoE attacks and party buffs to be good for groups.

For example:

I believe this skill would be much more valuable if it provided a portion of its bonuses as a buff to nearby players, in much the same way Battle Fury for GWF functions right now. Iron Warrior would now grant a smaller portion of temporary hit points to nearby allies based on their own missing hit points, as well as giving them increased Stamina recovery, and granting a bonus to their Damage Resistance based on the GF's Damage Resistance.

If Iron Warrior is only good for keeping the GF alive, why not just bring a CW who can keep everyone alive by just controlling or killing the mobs, or a DC who can protect and heal everyone at once. AoE is king in this game for PvE and GF don't have enough of it. The AoE buffs we are getting are a good step in the right direction.
  • Options
    todesfaelletodesfaelle Member Posts: 1,370 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    One more thing: Steel Defense JUST got a fix, thanks for kicking us on that!

Apparently this wasn't fixed with this patch. Is there any possibility that it would get in by Thursday? Steel Defense sort of makes or breaks the one probable way of playing as a Swordmaster GF.
  • Options
    destinyknightdestinyknight Member Posts: 962 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Apparently this wasn't fixed with this patch. Is there any possibility that it would get in by Thursday? Steel Defense sort of makes or breaks the one probable way of playing as a Swordmaster GF.

And there lies the problem with Swordmaster as a paragon path as a whole for GF.

There is nothing that Sword Master offers a GF that Iron Vanguard doesnt do better. Would hope they adjust the skills and abilities of Swordmaster Paragon specifically for GF's so it works similar to GWF but differently in some way.
  • Options
    umut1390umut1390 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    gauntyrm Dwarf king dungeon drops are now bounded character is that bug or something ?
This discussion has been closed.