Install Arc
Options

Shadowmantle Preview Patch Notes NW.14.20140224a.7

Comments

• Options
    frariifrarii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    And you sir... are doing it wrong

i refuse to kite even in FH... if you are losing agro from any mob in any circumstance... respecc because you are really badly specced, and please, if you do it to lvl 7 rangers... you should just play another game, this one is not made for you, as i saaid before, our agro is fine, to the point of being walking singularities, when i was 22k power focused timeless hero i usually was just behind CWs in DPS, kills, topped often healz and obv damage taken... and i was still not doing my job properly, because well, that job can be done more efficiently for GWFs or another CW, so now, as a 19k KC set buff bot, my DPS is probably a 30% lesser than it was, but my runs in ANY instance are fast and smooth, but i still see the deficiencies of the toon, and those are not agro related, are as i said before, animation speed and niche in high end parties... for anything other than high end parties our class has always been ok, since day 1 of open beta.
  • Options
    pers3phonepers3phone Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    Changes are due within the next few weeks according to cmpinpointerror:
    When asked

He replied

Here : http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?615991-Items-Preview-New-PvP-Equipment&p=7348131&viewfull=1#post7348131

I've read that post, that's why I posted what I did :)

My hope is that "few weeks" is not 2-3, but rather 10+.

Can be either way.

Since I'm posting this, let me reiterate:

Do NOT rush this update! It's not nearly finished/properly tested!
  • Options
    methuselasmethuselas Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    frarii wrote: »
    And you sir... are doing it wrong

i refuse to kite even in FH... if you are losing agro from any mob in any circumstance... respecc because you are really badly specced, and please, if you do it to lvl 7 rangers... you should just play another game, this one is not made for you, as i saaid before, our agro is fine, to the point of being walking singularities, when i was 22k power focused timeless hero i usually was just behind CWs in DPS, kills, topped often healz and obv damage taken... and i was still not doing my job properly, because well, that job can be done more efficiently for GWFs or another CW, so now, as a 19k KC set buff bot, my DPS is probably a 30% lesser than it was, but my runs in ANY instance are fast and smooth, but i still see the deficiencies of the toon, and those are not agro related, are as i said before, animation speed and niche in high end parties... for anything other than high end parties our class has always been ok, since day 1 of open beta.

Excuse me? I *KNOW* how to play a GF, thank you. I've been playing one "since day 1 of open beta." *rolls eyes*

AOEs BREAK marks. You LOSE threat, no matter what. Any AOE attack/heal will draw away mobs from a marking opponent, because you lose threat. End of story.

And it's great that you "refuse" to kite. I bet you're REALLY popular. *again rolls eyes*

If you're gonna troll, at least learn to be a good one.....
  • Options
    frariifrarii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Yeah is clear that im trolling... well, whatever... just give us 90-100% into the fray and i will be happy forever
  • Options
    warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    methuselas wrote: »
    This is a joke, right?

Seriously, this *IS* a joke, right?

So, thanks to "Tenacity" *EVERYONE'S* damage is reduced, yet you decide to reduce the damage frontline surge does by 25%, but only increase the number of targets by 2, reduce the prone time and reduce the cooldown a whopping one second??!?? That's the *ONLY* AOE attack a GF has. The only other class that has any kind of damage reduction to encounters is the TR and they've been OP since day one. Oh and thanks for the 25% healing nerf using Fighter's Recovery now. We can't always line up 5 targets for frontline surge.

"Enhanced Mark", actually mark in general, is ABSOLUTELY USELESS! We can't hold it and using "Enhanced Mark" takes up a coveted slot. Oooh. Now I can mark an extra 3 opponents. Big deal. *ANY* AOE attack, by another class instantly kills our mark. In Orc Assault -CTA, I was, as a Level 60 LOSING aggro to a 7th Level Ranger.

SEVENTH LEVEL RANGER.

I have continually tweaked my GF and I'm still lucky to get the 3rd spot in damage done, but I'm a tank. I don't "tank the boss". I don't get the highest number of kills. I don't do the most damage. Lemme explain to you what my "role" is as a Guardian "Fighter."

I kite.

Kite
    1. (verb) A term in video gaming and elsewhere to describe when a ranged fighter skirmishes with a hand-to-hand fighter by running and shooting. This can have 2 purposes: a) to damage the enemy while staying outside of hand-to-hand range, or b) to make the enemy follow you so you can lead them to a specific location.

So, let me get this straight. I'm the SLOWEST toon in the group and I'm expected to do the job of someone that has RANGED attacks AND is fast.

You screwed us GFs, when you gave GWF Iron Vanguard. Now, we're even MORE useless. Hell, even in my guild my GF is only invited along when they need someone to kite. Yet, unlike everyone else, I can actually STAND in AOE attacks from the boss, throw up guard, TAKE the hit, instantly get my guard meter refilled AND still swing.

Way to go, Cryptic. WAY - TO - GO!

*rolls eyes*

btw they did not nerf frontline they buffed it up and even if they reduce its damage by 50% would be still to big for aoe encounter it dose more damage then 1 target encounter and hits more target have instant cast and prone ....
  • Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Excuse me? I *KNOW* how to play a GF, thank you. I've been playing one "since day 1 of open beta." *rolls eyes*

AOEs BREAK marks. You LOSE threat, no matter what. Any AOE attack/heal will draw away mobs from a marking opponent, because you lose threat. End of story.

And it's great that you "refuse" to kite. I bet you're REALLY popular. *again rolls eyes*

If you're gonna troll, at least learn to be a good one.....

He's right though if you lost aggro to something that you had actually attacked to a level 7 character you were doing it wrong. Period. End of Story.
  • Options
    zargorius666zargorius666 Member Posts: 118 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2014
    charononus wrote: »
    He's right though if you lost aggro to something that you had actually attacked to a level 7 character you were doing it wrong. Period. End of Story.

Only the CTA has some weird level scaling which creates hilarious results in DPS outputs and Charts - anything that happens in a CTA should stay in a CTA and not be used as an argument in any serious conversation - and if you did even a few of them you WILL know this is true as one has to be blind to not see the weird stuff going on.
  • Options
    zankardzankard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    ...you decide to reduce the damage frontline surge does by 25%, but only increase the number of targets by 2...

Just want to comment on this part. Just how many more targets would you like it to hit? More than the enemy team actually has? Or you think you will always find them all piled up together anyways to even reach your 5 target limit. Perhaps you mean pve then? Do the math, in pve it does MORE damage, +25% with those 2 more targets. And you get to prone more targets.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Only the CTA has some weird level scaling which creates hilarious results in DPS outputs and Charts - anything that happens in a CTA should stay in a CTA and not be used as an argument in any serious conversation - and if you did even a few of them you WILL know this is true as one has to be blind to not see the weird stuff going on.

Yup, CTAs are mondo-weird because of the damage scaling calculations.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited February 2014

And yet my GWF that isn't as geared as I would like and has problems still holding aggro with good teammates can hold aggro all day long in a cta vs any and all lower players. I stand by my assertions, if a gwf with far lower threat mods, that have to hold aggro thru pure dps, can hold aggro just fine, a gf with higher threat mods should be able to with far less problems unless they are a bad player.
  • Options
    eton3000eton3000 Banned Users Posts: 230 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2014
    kunekaden2 wrote: »

This just seems like a summary of updates that have already been pushed to preview for the most part?

Where is the Deep Gash fix? Any ETA or acknowledgement that this feat is being worked on?
    By how much is Frontline Surge recast timer being decreased?

deep gash still has a long way because they still have to make it up for the destroyers/instigators' dps lost on fixing deep gash
  • Options
    ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    charononus wrote: »
    Pretty sure you can block more than 3 hits in a row, so you already have more than you should compared to other classes.

Right now Traditional block is about 7 hits, with GG gear AND the increased block feat, you can block about 10, then your a sitting duck. 10 hits sounds like alot, but a flurry wipes it out, and at will spamming reduces that really quickly... I would REALLY like seeing block just be a pure stamina mechanic that as you hold it, it drains stamina regardless of damage.

This makes it more skill based.
  • Options
    astronaxastronax Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    ayroux wrote: »
    I would REALLY like seeing block just be a pure stamina mechanic that as you hold it, it drains stamina regardless of damage.
    This makes it more skill based.

Really cool idea. But, from what i've seen, Cryptics usually don't give a flying duck about suggestions to add some new stuff/rework old one. (Unless whole server asks them for)
    I've been waiting Oppressor rework since early beta, you know ;)
  • Options
    melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    just because this hasn't been on the test shard for players doesn't mean it hasn't been tested. if you recall, the matchmaking system was slated to hit the preview shard a while ago but QA found some issues which kept it off the preview shard. it is going up later today and it will likely be up for a few weeks before it goes live. if you have no confidence in the developers of this game, then why would you waste any time hanging around the forums waiting for things to get better?
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Ehmm... I'm all patched up and copied over, but the server is offline.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Any ETA on the server getting unlocked?
  • Options
    astronaxastronax Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    astronax wrote: »
    I've been waiting Oppressor rework since early beta, you know ;)
    melodywhr wrote: »
    if you have no confidence in the developers of this game, then why would you waste any time hanging around the forums waiting for things to get better?
    Melody being classy, speaking to noone in particular ;) Well, I just believe I have a right to express my opinion (without being banned); also in Santa and other kinds of miracles ;)
  • Options
    panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer
    edited February 2014
    dardove wrote: »
    Any ETA on the server getting unlocked?

Should be unlocked now, we were checking a few things out just to be safe.
  • Options
    trippysmurf1trippysmurf1 Member Posts: 188 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2014
    Is there any DC, CW, or TR that is happy with this patch? Show me one.

The most glaring issue of this entire thing has yet to be addressed. How will premades queue against each other in this new system? -.-
  • Options
    darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Oh nice lots of fixes, including artifacts, but how is Emblem of the Seldarine still not getting a fix? It doesnt give stats, tryed everything, unslot, slot again, unsummon pet, summon, nothing. Its broken, and many players are very disapointed with this, cause they payed lots of ADs for that item.
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • Options
    sicxs666sicxs666 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    wondering if the devs ever played a real pvp match on the live server
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited February 2014

The most glaring issue of this entire thing has yet to be addressed. How will premades queue against each other in this new system? -.-

I'd be surprised if they allowed premades to arrange and queue together in the current system simply because of the ability to exploit the system to farm glory in huge chunks and yes I know most premades wouldn't dream of doing that but unfortunately the asshats who do try to explot the system have to be catered for ,plus if the elo system works as it should then surely the very best premades should automatically be queued against each other in any case , and before you go off at me I don't make the rules or necessarily agree with the way they do things at cryptic I'm just saying what is obvious.
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    jazzfongjazzfong Member Posts: 1,079 Arc User
    edited February 2014

Yes, as a cleric i am here happy with this patch as we clerics FINALLY got some good, reliable epic sets for pvp instead of using youth blues, but sadly traded those with our near-to-none dps, healing and tanking abilities. However, why lifedrinker, soulforged, healing boons, tranquility, artifacts etc are double or triple nerfed by righteousness, healing depression and shadowtouch? Lesser soulforged on us just heal near 1.3k while others heal for 4.3k+!! Avoid righteousness and HD on items and enchantment pls!!!
  • Options
    edited February 2014

I'm not happy for my CW :(

My CC is not working, my burst is gone, 6 million AD for P/Vorpal down the drain, I hate gear without regen, ArP is not working on my spells, I hate Healing Depression, I hate my SF being nerfed, another millions of AD down the drain, I hate having to have 2 sets of gear without being able to FREELY swap enchants, I am skeptical about how can we queue together and arrange matches, I hate not having Dual Spec, I hate that they destroyed the Shard Combo, I don't want and don't like playing DoTs or single target debuff&nuking, I hate not being able to properly kite any longer.

I like Resilience (as applied in WOW! not here).

I like matchmaking.

I fear this patch will go to live very soon and I might even quit the game to be honest. If I cannot play my magic ranged DPS/CC properly, that would be it for me.
  • Options
    todesfaelletodesfaelle Member Posts: 1,370 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Panderus, is there any news regarding a fix for the Steel Defense class feature for the Swordmaster?
  • Options
    panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer
    edited February 2014
    Panderus, is there any news regarding a fix for the Steel Defense class feature for the Swordmaster?

No, not that I am currently aware of. You are going to need to be more specific. What specifically is wrong with it that you are referring to?

@Pers3phone: Regarding Control Wizards not being able to control anyone, please try playing again on this update as they now get some penetration to Tenacity.

As for Premades, matchmaking should take care of that as they will be player better and better players as their skill rating increases. What should happen is the best PUGgers and premade players will rise to the top to play each other when available. We will be monitoring this system to make sure it is behaving as expected as the system begins to match players to their preferred matchups.
  • Options
    kaylos29kaylos29 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Panderus,

Has there been any discussion regarding accounting for premade developed rating leaving you to pug against high level premades? I know many people who are like me who do both premades and pug. Obviously in a premade, your rating will be higher than as a pug. But that would leave you potnetially pugging against high level premades. Even with very good pugs, this leaves you with a distinct disadvantage.
    Mindflayer - Exodus
    Daria - Dwarf Sentinel GWF (mistaken for Halfling a lot)
    Karia (aka "The Pug") - Human Combat HR
    Kayd - Human Conqueror GF - Retired
  • Options
    todesfaelletodesfaelle Member Posts: 1,370 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    It has been reported in the Preview Bug Reports numerous times by other players. Examples are here and here. It has also been discussed in the Barracks forum. You also mentioned that you forwarded this to the department responsible for it.

Specifics, aside from the ones listed in those bug reports, basically it's not working. We use a daily and we do not get the damage immunity. Steel Defense is currently working fine on live, but on the Preview Shard it remains broken. If there is a more systematic way of reporting bugs we see in the Preview Shard, we would gladly do it. It doesn't seem like the bug reports in the preview forum are getting much attention.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    panderus wrote: »
    @Pers3phone: Regarding Control Wizards not being able to control anyone, please try playing again on this update as they now get some penetration to Tenacity.

As for Premades, matchmaking should take care of that as they will be player better and better players as their skill rating increases. What should happen is the best PUGgers and premade players will rise to the top to play each other when available. We will be monitoring this system to make sure it is behaving as expected as the system begins to match players to their preferred matchups.

I will, and report back with detailed feedback.

About matchmaking:

We are used to run Premade vs Premade, intentionally. In case you don't know how this goes, I'll explain:

- we make teams, agree upon comps etc.
    - we queue at the same time until we find the other premade - might take a few tries

This means we have to leave matches OFTEN, from the start, until we find the other guys.

Problem with the new system is that we won't be able any longer to leave matches because of the leaver penalty.

So how are we supposed to arrange matches between predetermined teams? Can you please address this issue?

Thank you.
  • Options
    zippichzippich Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    pers3phone wrote: »
    I will, and report back with detailed feedback.About matchmaking:We are used to run Premade vs Premade, intentionally. In case you don't know how this goes, I'll explain:- we make teams, agree upon comps etc.- we queue at the same time until we find the other premade - might take a few triesThis means we have to leave matches OFTEN, from the start, until we find the other guys.Problem with the new system is that we won't be able any longer to leave matches because of the leaver penalty.So how are we supposed to arrange matches between predetermined teams? Can you please address this issue?Thank you.
    Agree. We have custom matches in STO, not counting as dailies until specific conditions are met, maybe do the same here? ;)
This discussion has been closed.