test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Simple fix to fixing PVP Domination

myth8892myth8892 Member Posts: 48
edited February 2014 in PvE Discussion
Get rid of the 4k diamond rewards for playing pvp, just let people earn glory for gear..
I don't know about GG pvp since i am not guilded, But i hear alot of people in pug pvp matches say they are only there
for the 4k diamond reward and they don't do nothing but complain about it, they could give a rats butt if they win or lose...

SO GET RID OF THE DAILY REWARD
and let people that just like to pvp for the competition and or to earn gear do it...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I'm not sure but I think in the preview server the pvp daily gives glory points and not AD anymore. I migth be wrong though.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    benskix2benskix2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 674 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Currently I think people grinding glory for the PVP artifact is bringing more non PVPers to PVP matches than the AD daily is.
  • Options
    slushpsychoslushpsycho Member Posts: 657 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2014
    simple fix is to have a Dev solo queue all day and ban all the bad players and quitters.

wait that can't work because Dev is **** at PVP.
  • Options
    ryugasiriusryugasirius Member Posts: 996 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Also, give us another way to earn glory (or the artifact), i.e. with gauntlgrym coins.

I'm currently trying to get enough glory for the artifact, but I'm terrible at pvp and don't have proper powers/feats, so i just ruin my unfortunate teammates' day :P
  • Options
    morsitansmorsitans Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,284 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2014
    myth8892 wrote: »
    Get rid of the 4k diamond rewards for playing pvp, just let people earn glory for gear..
    I don't know about GG pvp since i am not guilded, But i hear alot of people in pug pvp matches say they are only there
    for the 4k diamond reward and they don't do nothing but complain about it, they could give a rats butt if they win or lose...

and let people that just like to pvp for the competition and or to earn gear do it...

Wait, so people endure the awful, awful experience that is 90% of NW PvP so they can get artifacts/AD, and your fix is not to make PvP less awful, but to remove the rewards?

So you're basically saying "Yup, PvP is fine at the moment, apart from all these nubs."

I'm gonna hazard a guess that you don't play PvP as a DC....
  • Options
    themaesethemaese Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    A few ideas here:

1- Need at least 3 Tieres of PVP, like in dungeons: 8300 min gs, 11000 min gs and 14000min gs, and ajust glory and ads gain to the tier...
    2- More MAPS!! and more pvp styles, like "last alive wins" and "top killer wins", not just ctf.
    3- Some T2 gear for TONS of glory, like 25k per piece...
    4- TAKE ALL GLORY from quiters inventory and give it to charity
    5- 1v1 duels are extremly needed
    6- Maybe some sort of system to pre-arrange guilds combats, so we can fight against another guilds and not just random players.
  • Options
    offworldwaroffworldwar Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2014

I think the AD from Rhix is a good thing. I play for AD and Glory but I've earned all the armor I can get for one of my characters. I'm working on my next character now for Glory but when I'm done I'll only be in it for the AD. It seems like a very one sided event..The team I'm on only wins about 15 to 20 % of the time. Not sure why this is. But people leave in the middle guess they get tired of getting the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> beat out of them..Should be some sort of penality for leaving in the middle of an event.
  • Options
    badeacelraubadeacelrau Member Posts: 85
    edited February 2014
    I don't understand why people always demand for a matchmaking system based on GS. If I wanna troll, I'm gonna troll, if I want easy glory I'm going to get it... all i have to do is change gears once the match begins.

This is no easy fix imo. We need a serious ladder system that matches people of similar rank.
  • Options
    reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    badeacelrau, that might happen, but they could make it so higher tiered pvp matches give more glory or something.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I don't understand why people always demand for a matchmaking system based on GS. If I wanna troll, I'm gonna troll, if I want easy glory I'm going to get it... all i have to do is change gears once the match begins.

Because no Dev could ever foresee this obvious trick and implement a system that locks out gear-changes after you hit the queue button, or checks that the gear you are using when it invites you to a match is in the right GS range and locks you into it then or .....
  • Options
    frost168frost168 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    The fix to pvp is coming. As this is, and always will be a pve oriented mmo, there are two new games on the horizon <of which I can not mention> that are pvp oriented. It has to be obvious to most pvp'ers, that the top people have quit/moved on. Of the few that remain, some are staying, the rest are hanging around until these games go live.

What will be left will be the few top pvpers who will dominate unlike never before, and a ton of tier 2 pvp wannabes. The quality of pvp has greatly diminished the past couple of months, which is a shame. I can't wait to hear the new QQ from the wannabes who can't compete due to the new design. If they think they can't compete now, they are in for a total shocker soon.

GL for those top pvp'ers who remain and dominate. To the wannabes, stick to pve.
  • Options
    murdercure01murdercure01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0
    edited February 2014

This would be my idea to make people participate and play in order to achieve the daily reward.
    1. Accept Daily Quest
    2. Participate in X amount of PvP matches meeting requirements

Requirements for a PvP match to count for daily:
    -Capture at least 2 Objectives
    -Obtain at least 5 Defend Kills/Kill Assist
    -Obtain at least 5 Offense Kills/Kill Assist
  • Options
    veramis1veramis1 Banned Users Posts: 191 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2014
    Reward people for losing, eliminate pvp quitters.
  • Options
    killzoneexkillzoneex Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    But people leave in the middle guess they get tired of getting the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> beat out of them..Should be some sort of penality for leaving in the middle of an event.

Well, currently there is a HUGE penalty for staying in such a match. You get about 1/10th the glory. Thus if you are pretty sure you can get a winning team, there is no incentive to stick it out with a bad or vastly outclassed team.
  • Options
    ryugasiriusryugasirius Member Posts: 996 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    mconosrep wrote: »
    Because no Dev could ever foresee this obvious trick and implement a system that locks out gear-changes after you hit the queue button, or checks that the gear you are using when it invites you to a match is in the right GS range and locks you into it then or .....

There are so many wrong things in this game that anyone could foresee except the devs, that i wouldn't count on that. Elo score matchmaking is coming, so I suppose it's better than nothing (but depending on how it is implemented, people will certainly find a way to fool it for easy pvp).
  • Options
    seddy1seddy1 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    so much crying and complaining about leavers. I have a suggestion. IF 3 or more from same group continue in PVP (in other words keep queuing together) put them in their own bracket with the rest of you "pro" PvPers...
    The state of the game and the current Pvp structure is off the hook broken. I will say this. It's not fun guys... It's not fun to walk in with a group of ppl you KNOW are experienced and farm kills for 30 sec, until there is 1 left on the other side. And what, your suggesting that they punish these ppl for leaving??? What the hell is wrong with you??? You want Cryptic to FORCE the pugs to stay while we farm their spawn???? I say put the PRE-MADES in their OWN group, make our rewards better and give us a reason to actually BRAG on our achievements, instead of KNOWING 9/10s of it was farming noobs. Make a Pvp guild actually be something to be noticed, instead of Oh there is *insert guild name* lets leave. Stop sounding like a bunch of freaking abused children that want a game manufacturer to FORCE or PUNISH people for not letting you get your jollies off..... I am thankful none of my friends have posted anything like this garbage...
  • Options
    twstdechotwstdecho Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 630 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2014
    I think it's funny when I run into PvP with other guild members in a "premade" group of people who don't like PvP and are only doing it to farm AD and Glory, then, inevitably, we are stuck with one of two things happening.

1) We run into a real premade that we stand no chance again.

2) We run into a pug group where, as soon as they see that we are all in the same guild, one or two of them quit.
  • Options
    jazharajazhara Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    when i do domination and endup against a pvp centric premade, im wont lie, i just quit, its no fun when you have zero chance no matter how good your team is or how well they work togather, because you are out geared and against people who spend all day/night pvping.

again the solution I show above fixes the gear problems, it also makes balancing easier on cryptic because they dont have to balance pvp and pve on the same builds, separating them allows for greater balancing, and thats good for everybody but the guys who spent 500uds to gear up for pvp.....
  • Options
    dominiq666dominiq666 Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    jazhara wrote: »
    when i do domination and endup against a pvp centric premade, im wont lie, i just quit, its no fun when you have zero chance no matter how good your team is or how well they work togather, because you are out geared and against people who spend all day/night pvping.

again the solution I show above fixes the gear problems, it also makes balancing easier on cryptic because they dont have to balance pvp and pve on the same builds, separating them allows for greater balancing, and thats good for everybody but the guys who spent 500uds to gear up for pvp.....

The problem with normalized gear is that it's normalized. Which is bad.

For example, my character has no use for things like deflection, max hp, recovery, armor pen, move speed and to a lesser degree life steal.

But normalized gear implies that all these stats are vomited on the items in equal amounts, whether you want them or not. Making the concept of "builds" meaningless. It also removes any form of identity from a character.

Creating teams based on GS would be more then enough.

Later, the devs could add ELO rankings within the GS brackets and pair the players that way.
  • Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    dominiq666 wrote: »
    The problem with normalized gear is that it's normalized. Which is bad.

For example, my character has no use for things like deflection, max hp, recovery, armor pen, move speed and to a lesser degree life steal.

But normalized gear implies that all these stats are vomited on the items in equal amounts, whether you want them or not. Making the concept of "builds" meaningless. It also removes any form of identity from a character.

Creating teams based on GS would be more then enough.

Later, the devs could add ELO rankings within the GS brackets and pair the players that way.
    Problem is gs isn't a good match up considering some classes have more gs naked because of feats etc. You can also win with low gs with teamwork.

About normalization, normalization removes any reason to play end game. Too often it's vomited out that those with gear paid for it in money when that isn't the case. Many people, I'd say most with high gs have just been playing long enough. They played the game, they got stuff, and their character improved which is pretty much what you do at level cap in an mmo. Not improving your toon at endgame means that the game has no endgame.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Wow, such censorship on these forums...
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    charononus wrote: »
    Problem is gs isn't a good match up considering some classes have more gs naked because of feats etc. You can also win with low gs with teamwork.

About normalization, normalization removes any reason to play end game. Too often it's vomited out that those with gear paid for it in money when that isn't the case. Many people, I'd say most with high gs have just been playing long enough. They played the game, they got stuff, and their character improved which is pretty much what you do at level cap in an mmo. Not improving your toon at endgame means that the game has no endgame.
    I so agree, normalization shouldn't happen. Most of the "nerf" battle cries are because ppl go up against premade groups and get owned by this or that class Ex. "omg they need to NERF GWF"... failing to understand that the Dc is keeping him/her alive, and with his/her skill in owning the other team. All they see is an unstoppable GWF... Even if they have it as an option, you can do premade DoMs with a group for much better rewards OR you can farm pugs, then at least it will show which guilds or groups are scrubs or which are actually really good. Give achievement titles to premade groups that preform well. Why do we always have to move backwards? Normalizing gear is just a bad idea. Give us a reason to actually compete in premade pvp.... Bonus glory? Higher tier pvp armor? bragging rights with our sexy titles... Everyone has paingiver, executioner, helping hands, headhunter blaa blaa... Make a premade pvp system that offers freaking awesome rewards and it will leave the occasional pvper to enjoy their game, and it will stop making ppl want to rage quit because 3 out of the 5 members of your party went to cap a base no one is contesting...
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    let me be more clear, normalized for each class.

and no, it dosnt
    implies that all these stats are vomited on the items in equal amounts
    normalized as in everybody of the same class gets the same gear, with states the developers feel are balanced for that class.

you really need to look into how GW2 does pvp before you go off about how horrible an idea it is and talking our your posterior.

and no, it dosnt make builds meaningless because you still have your skills and feats to choose yourself, just the factor of gearscore and p2w are removed, meaning you wont have people with rank 4 and 5 enchants and lessers on blues up against people in full epics running rank10 runes and perfects, you would have a truely level playing field.

hell just normalize with GG pvp gear and rank10 enchants, you could even allow people to change out the PVP only enchants to "tweak" their build.

it wouldnt stop people from using grim coins to buy pvp gear for pve(i quite like my champion mages set in pve honestly)

what this would do is level the playing field as anybody could join and compete, all based on skill rather then who has better gear/stats, and by skill I also mean picking the right powers andfeats build for their play style, again, you REALLY REALLY need to look into how gw2 does pvp, its FAR FAR FAR more balanced then what NW offers, and dosnt require devs to balance the gear and skills for both pvp and pve, instead they can focus on balance for each seperatly.

I honestly wish the luscans would get smart and just refuse to leave the spawn point till they fix the pvp balance, because its total bs having teams with maxed out everything against teams of people in whatever they got as a drop....

P2W sucks...period....and gw2 you cant p2w in pvp....its just not possible.....and in pve who care if somebody paid to get their gear rather then earning it.....it just makes dungeon runs faster when you pug :)
  • Options
    edited February 2014

you really need to look into how GW2 does pvp before you go off about how horrible an idea it is and talking our your posterior.

and no, it dosnt make builds meaningless because you still have your skills and feats to choose yourself, just the factor of gearscore and p2w are removed, meaning you wont have people with rank 4 and 5 enchants and lessers on blues up against people in full epics running rank10 runes and perfects, you would have a truely level playing field.
    Oh yes, lets change our system to GW2 zergs... Please. GW2 concept was a nice thought...GW1 much better but then evey other week GW1 is nerfing builds... GW2 is garbage, and classless. Dungeon play is frustrating at its best, with MOST experiences ending with you naked because there IS no healer or no tanks or anything it is just mass chaos when doing anything... Please stop cluttering up game play discussion with a class-less game... EVERYTHING is normalized in GW2, all heal, all dps, all <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.. been there done that got 6 lvl 80s sitting on Jade Quarry rotting because it is meaningless after you are ranked number 1 server for months and months and all the scrubs are xfering to it because THEY stand no chance. Yes they do have a "ladder" system that was kinda cool when the game was first released, but the rewards were not enough to hold pve ppls interest, and the PvP game declined from its first 6 months of release.
    So not to be rude but IF GW2 had to do it again, I think they would re-think their whole "normalization" of everything as that game now has just a little more population that the first gw... And the first one was released like 10 years ago...
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    http://waa.ai/YRK

read that, it explains gw2 pvp, GG and Domination are forms of structured pvp meaning they could be made to use the gw2 model
    Two Types of PvP: Structured PvP and World PvP
    Structured PvP is what you would call the hardcore competitive PvP. This type of PvP is entirely based on player skill, teamwork, communication, and strategy. No equipment stats and levels apply here, as professions will use default stats. All that you will be able to choose is your skill build. Here is a list of points and features of structured PvP:

Maximum 5v5
    Retain profession and race
    All players at max level
    All skill sets available
    Equipment stats and bonuses do not apply

they could also setup some "world" style pvp for the p2w folks who want to see if the money they spent can out "pwn" the money other p2w folks spent....i would have no issue with that.....none at all...infact i think it would be great....
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    seddy1 wrote: »
    Oh yes, lets change our system to GW2 zergs... Please. GW2 concept was a nice thought...GW1 much better but then evey other week GW1 is nerfing builds... GW2 is garbage, and classless. Dungeon play is frustrating at its best, with MOST experiences ending with you naked because there IS no healer or no tanks or anything it is just mass chaos when doing anything... Please stop cluttering up game play discussion with a class-less game... EVERYTHING is normalized in GW2, all heal, all dps, all <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.. been there done that got 6 lvl 80s sitting on Jade Quarry rotting because it is meaningless after you are ranked number 1 server for months and months and all the scrubs are xfering to it because THEY stand no chance. Yes they do have a "ladder" system that was kinda cool when the game was first released, but the rewards were not enough to hold pve ppls interest, and the PvP game declined from its first 6 months of release.
    So not to be rude but IF GW2 had to do it again, I think they would re-think their whole "normalization" of everything as that game now has just a little more population that the first gw... And the first one was released like 10 years ago...

zergs only apply in RvRvR not structured pvp and, GG is already zergs, so your point is invalid.

and just because you suck and cant finish dungeons in gw2, dosnt mean everybody has that issue, again the only part normalized is structured pvp, L2Read
    Two Types of PvP: Structured PvP and World PvP
    Structured PvP is what you would call the hardcore competitive PvP. This type of PvP is entirely based on player skill, teamwork, communication, and strategy. No equipment stats and levels apply here, as professions will use default stats. All that you will be able to choose is your skill build. Here is a list of points and features of structured PvP:

Maximum 5v5
    Retain profession and race
    All players at max level
    All skill sets available
    Equipment stats and bonuses do not apply

RvRvR is pve gear based much like GG is and it like GG is a zerg fest, thats not what i was talking about(and you know it)

you clearly love the p2w system and, i would bet you are one of the people whos spent hundreds buying AD so you can gear up for pvp and "pwn noobs"

btw, mages can heal in gw2, most just dont bother, if you dont suck and L2P and dont try and play it like its WoW, you will have alot more fun, the only reason I dont play more, the perf sucks in World events and RvRvR so its no fun(like like malabogs with shadows on....)

I do love that you think RvRvR is really competitive pvp though....what a ****.

gw2 is not your typical WoW clone, sorry, reading you post clear that upsets you greatly....i suggest you go play some Aion or another WoW clone, you will like that better as you can P2W and feel good about yourself that way....(i have cleared every dungeon in gw2 with my mage and my friends, very few wipes and never did anybody endup nude....if you did....you really really really suck....or have no friends....or both.....
  • Options
    edited February 2014

and no, it dosnt normalized as in everybody of the same class gets the same gear, with states the developers feel are balanced for that class.

That - is - BAD.

As I said, normalization means being forced to use "generic" gear, and such gear needs to have a little bit of everything to work. But that is bad because it makes abilities, feats and paragons meaningless. If half my gear contains attributes i don't "need" then my build is useless.

So all specialized builds get axed, so everyone would be forced to use the most efficient build relative to the normalized stats, so everyone would be playing the same build, essentially.

All games would become mirrored, stale, boring.

PvP would thus suck even more.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    magenubbie wrote: »
    Which is exactly why they are doing it. How else do you expect a new lvl60 -or someone not interested in pvp at all, but needs the glory for the companion/artifact/gear- to get glory against 12-15k teams? by getting themselves killed over and over? It's most likely the only points they'll get. 50 glory is better than no glory.

The biggest mistake Cryptic made with PvP is giving rewards for PvP that PvE players need. 90% of the people you describe -and prolly the quitters as well- probably don't give a rats behind about PvP. They just need the rewards. As soon as they have them, they'll most likely never PvP again unless they need the AD badly enough. And with the attitude of the average hardcore PvPer I can't honestly blame them.

I agree. I got a nice friendly whisper from some clown yesterday because I "left" when 4 of my teammates capped our home base...after I politely suggested that 4 go to 2, instead 4 went to 3 and capped an uncontested base while the other team had 3 at 2. Then they bash me for trying to explain to them how to do it saying I am a casher LOL, I suppose all that game time from June till now was meaningless.... But I get their frustration, been on the bad side of things more times than I can count. It is just not worth it to stay in a match when glory farming and your team is just bad, partly because they are so used to going to 2 facing off with a superior team and like you said, getting nothing but a beat down. To be honest, the ONLY reason I will stay in a bad match is because I know that all will leave and IF I am trying a new build and after the beat down I can stick around and duel ppl to test my build because NW doesn't have dueling in it... which is dumb and should happen.