test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Too low astral refinements per day?

brun2000brun2000 Member Posts: 244 Arc User
edited January 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Has anyone else noticed this? They had more ways to make AD, but they lower the ammount you can refine per day to the ground, 24k is nothing and I feel thats it needs to be higher.
For example, I get about 3.8k from my professions + about 14k from dailys + Salvaging items wich takes 3-12k (I mostly do 4k, wich are the pvp sets), mostly 2 of them per day, and also, calling the mighty gods (2k) so lets count it...

3.8 + 14 + 8 + 2 = 27,8k and this is a minimum, then, if I want to buy something costly, I dedicate myself to farming them, guess what, I make bout 32k, how Am I supposed to get an expensive item fast if I can only have stored rough astral diamonds? you need to wait 2 days just to refine 48k, thats nothing!

I admit before it was way too high, but this is like saying, buy ZEN to trade it fast for AD, and that is really bad!

Anyone else feeling this?
Post edited by brun2000 on

Comments

• Options
    tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Dailies are not the primary means of making AD for many people. I get a lot of AD from the auction house and from zen/AD trading.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    brun2000 wrote: »
    how Am I supposed to get an expensive item fast if I can only have stored rough astral diamonds?

By selling stuff, mostly. (Also, mandatory plug for Trace's wealth creation guide http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?567591-Trace-s-Guide-to-AD-Creation-and-Wealth-Building )

Capping refinement limits inflation. If everyone could refine more ADs per day, you'd see higher prices to compensate, and it wouldn't actually help anyone buy the stuff they want any faster.

Dailies are ok when you're starting out, but ultimately too time-consuming to be a regular source of income.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited January 2014
    . . .I personally think 24k per day is fine. This is per character and you can pool your AD from all your characters on the account through the AD Exchange. Just be glad we don't have the 8k per day limit that Star Trek Online does. ;)

. . .If it were more, then the value of everything in game would sky-rocket as AD floods the economy and players would just be right back here asking for another cap increase. This would just let the rich get richer while making new players farther from being able to afford things until much, much later.

. . . Nay, I say. Leave the cap where it is.
  • Options
    brun2000brun2000 Member Posts: 244 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    tang56 wrote: »
    Dailies are not the primary means of making AD for many people. I get a lot of AD from the auction house and from zen/AD trading.
    Sure, let me just wait 1h spamming th chat to get a group for a dungeon so I can sell some stuff... GUESS WHAT, I never get invited because people aparently want 14k+ everytime and i'm not even 12k yet...

What else can I do? every item I drop = 5k-20k
    I don't think that's enough if I want to buy items to get better GS and get invited for dungeon delves.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited January 2014
    Sure, let me just wait 1h spamming th chat to get a group for a dungeon so I can sell some stuff... GUESS WHAT, I never get invited because people aparently want 14k+ everytime and i'm not even 12k yet...

I don't think that's enough if I want to buy items to get better GS and get invited for dungeon delves.
    . . . It more sounds to me like you need an active guild rather than an AD cap increase. The reasons you state is why I don't play in Pugs and form my own groups from within my Guild and the great Community of players in the NW_Legit_Community channel.
  • Options
    jenisydejenisyde Member Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited January 2014

That is just a silly PUG requirement. Similar to the obsession with x3 or x4 CW in PUG groups.
    Jaylo
    Halfling - Devoted Cleric - Divine Oracle
    Neverwinter Tribunal
    <Genocidal Tendencies>
    www.genotendencies.enjin.com
  • Options
    tornnomartornnomar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 396 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    The only time I ran into an issue with this was when I hit a lick on the Waukeen chests. I hit the large RaD jackpot an absurd amount of times.
    [img][/img]NORresized.png
    Branch Lead
  • Options
    syka08syka08 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    tornnomar wrote: »
    The only time I ran into an issue with this was when I hit a lick on the Waukeen chests. I hit the large RaD jackpot an absurd amount of times.

does't sound like a problem at all to me =P.

====

Keep the cap as is. I've never come across any argument that's convinced me otherwise that it should be adjusted in any way. There's plenty of ways to flip, trip, and skip into some AD and RAD without spending a dime.

At any rate, for as long as I've been playing (215 days, give or take) it's always been 24k a day. Now, maybe back when I barely understood the concept of RAD it might have been higher, but I can't recall a time we've ever been able to refine more than 24k a day. So either I'm misreading that point in your argument that they've lowered it or I'm missing something entirely.
    contents to be decided
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    syka08 wrote: »
    So either I'm misreading that point in your argument that they've lowered it or I'm missing something entirely.

He's saying it's not enough, not that it's been reduced.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    syka08syka08 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    He's saying it's not enough, not that it's been reduced.

----
    ...they had more ways to make AD, but they lower the ammount you can refine per day to the ground...
    I admit before it was way too high...

Definitely makes it seem like he though it was higher. But I did get the general point of it.
    contents to be decided
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    I just read that as saying you can make more rough AD in a day than you can refine, and wanting the refining cap raised accordingly.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    dkcandydkcandy Member Posts: 1,555 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    24K AD a days is fine. With leadership you have a very hard time capping the 24k AD. I average about 14-20k a day with just leadership.
  • Options
    dndmasterdarkdndmasterdark Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    You can raise the daily limit yourself, every alt you make is another 24,000. Want it raised? then roll another alt :p
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited January 2014
    Inflation is Bad.

This thread is, economically speaking, the equivalent of asking for minimum wage increases.

When minimum wage is increased the prices of everything goes up. When the prices of everything goes up the cost of living increases. In the end you end up exactly where you started or often times worse off.

There are good reasons to increase the refine limit or increase the earning potential of a player but, no offense intended, hitting the limit is not one of them. The limit is there to balance the economy and it needs to be there. :)
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    This thread is, economically speaking, the equivalent of asking for minimum wage increases.

I think people generally ask for minimum wage increases in order to keep up with the cost of living, but I suppose this is veering OT.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    xxmantaraxxxxmantaraxx Member Posts: 362 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Inflation is Bad.

When minimum wage is increased the prices of everything goes up. When the prices of everything goes up the cost of living increases. In the end you end up exactly where you started or often times worse off.

This exactly!!! The RL example is perfect.

Ara Atheanes GWF
    Traxus Atheanes GF
    Bastiel Atheanes DC
    Ellara Atheanes CW
    Keira Atheanes TR
    Sarasin Atheanes SW
    Jerkface McGee HR
    -MANTARA- OP