test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Use Gold to rent Mount/Companion/Fashion

chuamishaelchuamishael Member Posts: 73 Arc User
edited January 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
I think we should use Gold to rent epic mounts, and as long as that mount is inside our inventory, you can reduce our gold per hour, lets say 1-2 Gold per hour. you can also do this on Temporary Companions and Fashion Clothing.

Imagine 2g per rent, Mount+Companion+Fashion, that will be 6g per hour. in just 24hours. your will remove so many gold in the system. after that, there will be more people wanted to buy permanent mount in your Zen Shop.
this is a very good business model. it's like giving players a Test Drive of those epic items.

If this successful you can open an AD/Gold Market Exchange. see if that will work.

Although, I wish to suggest using AD to rent, but there is already too much usage of AD.
I think using Gold is better. I got a lot of Gold to Burn you know? I'm not even picking them up anymore.
Post edited by chuamishael on

Comments

• chantola21chantola21 Member Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    being level 30 that sounds really expensive, but I'm sure it's much easier to get that much later on. What I do like is gold/ad exchange. yes we do need that.
  • khimera906khimera906 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 898 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    No offense - I'm not saying your idea is bad, and I am sure many people would rent mounts/companions/fashion, but I wouldn't do it. I can't stand temporary items. I like to own things and I would rather wait till I have enough AD/Zen to buy a permanent mount or whatever, than rent anything.
    I hate dancing with Lady Luck. She always steps on my toes.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited January 2014
    . . .I also hate temporary items. I would much rather just see a reduction in upgrade costs and the addition of a Mount Inventory. These would encourage folks to buy multiple mounts and upgrade them. As it is now, they take up valuable inventory space and are ridiculously expensive to upgrade, especially considering how much they cost in the Zen Market.
  • destinyknightdestinyknight Member Posts: 962 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Dont know about mounts or companions. But I'd certainly rent some fashion items.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    If there were a proper fashion preview for items you don't actually own (heck, gear too), there'd be no need for rentals.

I guess maybe if you wanted to borrow something to roleplay an event or something. But I think the appeal would be really limited outside of just wanting to see how it looks before committing.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • silvergryphsilvergryph Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    chantola21 wrote: »
    being level 30 that sounds really expensive, but I'm sure it's much easier to get that much later on. What I do like is gold/ad exchange. yes we do need that.

Change gold to AD by selling certain vendor items on the AH. I find mounts, companions, profession assets, potions and even skill kits to be viable. Return varies with the market of course.

Changing AD to gold is way easier: buy treasure items from the AH and vendor them.
  • chantola21chantola21 Member Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Change gold to AD by selling certain vendor items on the AH. I find mounts, companions, profession assets, potions and even skill kits to be viable. Return varies with the market of course.

Changing AD to gold is way easier: buy treasure items from the AH and vendor them.
    Hey just asking, I heard from other threads that buying Health Pots for gold would get you astral diamond I think 75k astral per 60 gold. That doesn't seem worth it to me now, bu judging how easy gold might be later on, It might be. Also, Is that the best thing to sell for AD or is there something better? And in the auction house, what price point do I start it for and for how long too? Thanks, Chan
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I suggest you go read Trace's thread on wealth creation in the gameplay forum, rather than asking OT questions here.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • silvergryphsilvergryph Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    The market moves around a lot. I suggest watching the market for a bit and making some small test transactions until you find something that works for you. This thread has a lot of info on acquiring AD: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?567591-Trace-s-Guide-to-AD-Creation-and-Wealth-Building
  • ladymythosladymythos Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 637 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    Rentals? Why? If you just want a random mount, they are cheap enough to buy with in-game gold as it is. It might not be the fastest or fanciest, but you'll get around quickly enough. Or use ADs for a proper mount. And as for fashion, there's already at least one game that does that already. I honesty thought it was a joke at first, but I'd settle for the dumbest idea known to man. I mean, rent clothes? Seriously? What happens when the expiration timer runs out? Are you suddenly naked? Charged extra? Imagine being deep in a dungeon fighting a boss, and all of a sudden you're warned that you have to pay extra for your clothes? Not fun.
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    It would be interesting, though, if you could "try before you buy" on Zen store items - maybe a 15 mins free trial of mounts/companions/clothes - they'd have to code them in such a way that it couldn't be abused, though - like just repeatedly renting a T3 mount to avoid having to pay for it, or something - maybe create a small "mall instance" where you could ride around any mount or test companions against practice dummies, and you couldn't leave the instance w/ them...
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • destinyknightdestinyknight Member Posts: 962 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I'd like the idea of trying out fashion items. Like the ones crafted from the summer festival. they were 8 hours but the timer only went down when you actually wore them.
    I still got characters with the Lair festival masks like that because I unequipped them when didnt have need to wear them.

Dont care much about mounts and companions, I can see that would probably be more trouble than its worth.

But fashion items I can totally dig for renting.