test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[Resolved] Unexpected Outage

Comments

• proteusknightproteusknight Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I was right in the middle of assigning my profession workers their assignments, now I'll never get them back from coffee break!
  • jhale230jhale230 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    << link removed >>
    The Launcher server was online at first, it is down now too though. Maybe a sign of a fix or maybe the opposite lol
  • mistressphoenixmistressphoenix Member Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Update 2: ETA 25 minutes or so!
  • oldman47oldman47 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    My carpal tunnel can heal a bit now. Thanks.
  • k1572k1572 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Hamster. There is no "P" in the Hamster!

Why? Is it dehydrated?
  • winterhawk16winterhawk16 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Well this is the real adventure.
    extending patience.
    holding back the temper.

Oh my.. i will just kill VALINDRA! grr..
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Come on guys everyone is talking about hamsters and redcaps powering the servers. It's actually kobolds and they died. The dev's now have to go into the sewers to capture a new kobold slave workforce to run on the wheels to power the servers.
  • thegrayspiritthegrayspirit Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    jhale230 wrote: »
    The Launcher server was online at first, it is down now too though. Maybe a sign of a fix or maybe the opposite lol

Sorry but that site is SOOOOO out of date! :)
  • cessa06cessa06 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    k1572 wrote: »
    Why? Is it dehydrated?

If it is dead yes it is dehydrated
  • terradraconisterradraconis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Update 2: ETA 25 minutes or so!

Oh good I have time to go take a shower or do something else constructive. ::shudder::

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dndmasterdarkdndmasterdark Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Oh good I have time to go take a shower or do something else constructive. ::shudder::

Thanks for the reminder its been weeks!
  • ponecakeponecake Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Pee break-sammich eating break-let the dog out. I'm good.
  • archerbahmarcherbahm Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    igbarash11 wrote: »
    Wow these guys are good - try getting this kind of response out of Square Enix support - and they take money from me every month :(

Yea - good on them for the updates and good response.
    Aeria would have just redefined the outage as a new enhancement and tried to charge for it.
  • faerenifaereni Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    charononus wrote: »
    Come on guys everyone is talking about hamsters and redcaps powering the servers. It's actually kobolds and they died. The dev's now have to go into the sewers to capture a new kobold slave workforce to run on the wheels to power the servers.

But wouldn't quicklings be more efficient? It'd help Sharandar too :D
  • nebb1234nebb1234 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    thanks for the updates guys, well played
  • vivamordvivamord Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    My hands are shaking... I can't take it!

hay my hands are shaking too but I think I just gone too long without my hit man lol

so upsetting I just got 2 friends to start playing and they get booted lol. :rolleyes:

but really im glad they know about it and are working on it, so fast these guys deserve a medal
    edited December 2013
    Heh, they tried to stealth change the ETA, but i'd already copy/pasted it. Now it says 30min.
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    faereni wrote: »
    But wouldn't quicklings be more efficient? It'd help Sharandar too :D

Perhaps but it's more cost effective to capture kobolds, they breed like rabbits and live right in the sewers beneath the city rather than out in the wilds.
  • vintenarvintenar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Yeah kind of sucks, the game was just about to hand out the epic purple ranger item from the gauntlegrim run when it crashed, and in never got a measage telling who one the item. Not sure if anyone got it or not.
  • dirtdawgisminedirtdawgismine Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    what the hell is a shard?
  • jorifice1jorifice1 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    charononus wrote: »

They need to stop buying their !@&amp;*^% Server Kobolds from @#*$%^ Dungeon Defenders.

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited December 2013
    Update: we estimate that the shards will be up in about 30 minutes or so. Thanks for your patience!
    Was posted about 10 minutes ago. (source)
  • millenniumogmillenniumog Member Posts: 38
    edited December 2013
    Taking bets on whether or not this fixes the insane lag "server not responding" issues or makes it worse.
  • deathknightruindeathknightruin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    LMAO i thought i was the only one who did dishes when a server crashes :)
    edited December 2013
    Heh, they tried to stealth change the ETA, but i'd already copy/pasted it. Now it says 30min.
    now it says 30 min or so LOL
  • panacea2112panacea2112 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    will my graphics be pretty again? o.O
  • ashworthrd99ashworthrd99 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    dezstravus wrote: »
    Update 2: ETA 30 minutes or so!

Love that.. OR SO.. haha
    edited December 2013
    Taking bets on whether or not this fixes the insane lag "server not responding" issues or makes it worse.

Well, part of that is that for some insane reason they doubled the size of the individual instances in Protector's Enclave back up to 150, even though that was shown to cause all kinds of problems in the past. Problems which the previous mod (Feywild) fixed when they reduced the size down to 75. Not sure why they decided to torture us all again with this mod.
    edited December 2013

the thing that's not working..... :p
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited December 2013
    A shard is a sub-server within a main server.
This discussion has been closed.