test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Yes, I know HAMSTER got an Owlbear, Inferno Mount, Rust Monster or whatever. So what!!!

2»

Comments

• skandrann0nskandrann0n Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I think they are a bit much right now. At peak times, even with chat filtered down to just Guild, it gets to be an issue to keep up.
  • dragonchow1dragonchow1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    There's a limit on gold you can have? I guess that could be a good thing, just never heard of that.
  • obsiddiaobsiddia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,025 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    skylher12 wrote: »
    the question is how does the same person (orange) get 15 messages in a two minute period, something is wrong with that scenario, no way he used 15 keys and got a mount/companion in each one something fishy there
    Weird. I saw ORANGE get several in a row, myself. Always guessed most of these people are made up by the company. Makes it look like people are winning, so other people buy keys. I've not seen a single Rust Monster in the game, and only seen Kwalish a few times.
    Did you really think anyone could steal the power of the god of thieves?
  • radbaneradbane Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    melodywhr wrote: »
    it's the admin channel. *snip*

Yes, we know it's the admin channel. But is it really a administrative message? I'd say no!
  • yokihiroyokihiro Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 510 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    yeah this is a pointless information. if this should encourage players to buy more keys to also get a mount out of a lockbox then this is just a dream. it won't work. i won't buy keys only by seeing that someone else got a mount. when i am shopping in a computer store they don't tell us over the mic "tim bought a new xbox one"... "jeff bought a new sony tv"... that would be ridiculous and no one else would then buy such stuff, too, only because of that.

on top of that the language "bug" also is annoying. things (also in trade) show up in the language of the clients of the people posting them. so if a french guy acquires a mount it is showing up in the middle of the screen in FRENCH! why would i want to even know this information in french??? it's pointless in english already!
  • vortix44vortix44 Member Posts: 680 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    ladymythos wrote: »
    Honestly, I can't be the only one who's sick of the "Some random guy has gotten a random mount or companion" every freakin' minute.

+1

Who cares. Cryptic got money, great, gz to them. Do we have to know? Does our illusion of being in a f2p have to be broken every minute? Do those system, automated messages have to be of "Admin", un-filterable status?
    English is not my first language.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    obsiddia wrote: »
    Weird. I saw ORANGE get several in a row, myself. Always guessed most of these people are made up by the company. Makes it look like people are winning, so other people buy keys. I've not seen a single Rust Monster in the game, and only seen Kwalish a few times.

ORANGE is clearly someone who opens lockboxes in bulk. Not only have I seen her avatar around PE, but also other auctions of hers of lockboxy items that don't generate admin spam.

If you actually browse the AH to keep tabs on prices of various things, you'll see that the people whose names come up repeatedly are real, and are selling their winnings. Basically, they're playing the odds that if they open enough boxes, they can turn a profit on selling the stuff from them.

Everyone should stop being so flipping paranoid.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited December 2013
    . . . . . I do agree, these Admin messages are becoming quite the eye-sore. I am getting tired of having my guild and party chat scrolled out of my view by these messages before I can see messages pertinent to my chat tabs. Please, for the love of Mystryl, allow us to disable these from our custom chat tabs. Thanks!