test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Pvp ...

haloofbl00dhaloofbl00d Member Posts: 2
edited November 2013 in PvE Discussion
Okay, this is the problem with pvp: Guardian Fighters are pretty much invincible while blocking, I can never kill one since all they do is keep knocking me down and stunning me. Great Weapon fighters get their "berserk" or whatever it is so they gain (a lot of) temporary HP and are unaffected by everything, not to mention the damage they do. Trickster Rogues get stealth which makes their Lashing Blade crit with 100% chance and their Impossible to Catch is completely overpowered while stealthed. Now Control Wizards just do damage with nothing that makes them invincible like the other classes, and the Devoted Clerics just don't do enough damage but they are a support class. Why is it so unbalanced? I'm not whining, I'm actually wondering why.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Each class plays a ROLE in pvp.

Fighters - Tanky absorb damage and stand on points (Block/Unstoppable)

TRs - I agree that LB shouldnt be 100% crit ive addressed this before that its CD should be bumped up a tad, and then in stealth drops the CD down to about 12 seconds instead of 100% crit.

CWs - can deal MASSIVE damage when played correctly. That is the reason people go for them first. Because if left alone, they can blow someone up and from ranged too... Also get several "blinks" and while they do die alot, they can be very strong and change the tide of battle.

DCs- Arguably the weakest class atm in pvp. They are pretty good at holding nodes with someone but are a LONG way off from being good 1v1.

Part of the issue is people look at pvp as a 1v1 scenario and fail to look at it as a GROUP play. Play your role correctly and you will do amazing things.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Oh, I also forgot to mention the whole leaving party issue if their team is losing, I think they should be penalized at least 1,500 glory for that, if they keep doing it, it goes up to 2,000, then 3,000 and then 4,000 etc.
  • Options
    vorphiedvorphied Member Posts: 1,870 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    (belongs in Gameplay and PvP Discussion forum)

The system is far from perfect, but it's not as bad as it seems. If you play each class in the game, you will understand how their mechanics work, and it will be less frustrating and mysterious. Some quick points without going in extreme detail:

1. Guardian Fighter block mechanic is defeated by rapid hits, Freeze, and attacks from behind. Try to avoid getting caught in a small space and maintain distance if attacking from range. Anticipate Prone rotations and dodge/teleport. Don't hug and hold hands when a GF approaches, because the entire team is asking to be laid out like bowling pins by Frontline Surge.

2. Great Weapon Fighters can be some of the toughest to fight if Sentinel spec and played well. Watch for Unstoppable to fade, then burst down. Prone is helpful since Unstoppable can't be activated to escape it. Some GWF animations are a tad slow, which make them easy to dodge on reaction.

3. A good Rogue can be challenging, but the basic rule is to stay mobile and evasive while Impossible to Catch is active (can tell by the shadowy animation), not wasting encounters on an immune target. Intelligent guessing helps to foil stealthed TRs, as do certain AoE powers.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• Options
    ikeepit3hunnaikeepit3hunna Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    How to kill gwf as cw: choke meatball drop enfeeble meatball push iceknife repel repeat
    U R 2 E Z- SENT IV GWF undefeated 16k GS
    FaceRoller- regen recovery TR (put on the shelf for now) 14k GS
    Supreme CHAOS - IV GF (put on the shelf for now) 16k GS
    White Khalifa- tene/hp/regen CW (retired) 11k GS (tene)
    Death From Above- TANK ranger 16kGS
    (all halfling everything)

Proud rank 6 of: <Enemy Team>

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    How to kill gwf as cw: choke meatball drop enfeeble meatball push iceknife repel repeat

Meatball o.O? lol
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Shard of avalanch

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Ah, I've been kind of iffy on using that in pvp
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Use it on tab. Its the hardest encounter in the game to use. But if u do it good u become a boss. Go watch a lemonade stand or enemy team match on utube from a cw point of view. U can learn a lot about pvp just watchinga match or 2

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    tarmalentarmalen Member Posts: 1,020 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    DCs may not have much damage but they can hold a point like a beast.

A well played DC sitting at mid is like a sent GWF on a back cap.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    tarmalen wrote: »

Best match up is dc vs gf or gwf to bounce them off for points and rotate with someone to heal if someone needs

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    IMO They really need to place a rule which wouldn't allow creating QQ thread about each class OPness...
    There are too many of them for real. It's not even interesting to read the forum now, for real! At least one thread of....this!
  • Options
    tarmalentarmalen Member Posts: 1,020 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    vasdamas wrote: »
    IMO They really need to place a rule which wouldn't allow creating QQ thread about each class OPness...
    There are too many of them for real. It's not even interesting to read the forum now, for real! At least one thread of....this!

Let us make a sticky.

DC=OP - They can HEALZ
    CW=OP - They have RANGE
    GF=OP - They can BLOCK
    GWF=OP - They have UNSTOPPABLE
    TR=OP - They have STEALTH

I'm thinking I covered all the bases.
  • Options
    fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Ray of Frost
    Icy Rays
    Shard of the Avalanche (in Spell Mastery slots)
    Conduit of Ice
    Repel (sometimes this even works through GF's in Villain's Menace!).

All of the above either work regardless of GF's Guard or can be used instantly when a GF opens up on you.

CW's have a ton of tools to deal with all but the most skilled (and fortunate) GFs.

So, this is just one more QQ thread by a total newbie, unfortunately...
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    fondlez wrote: »
    Ray of Frost
    Icy Rays
    Shard of the Avalanche
    Conduit of Ice
    Repel (sometimes this even works through GF's in Villain's Menace!).

All of the above either work regardless of GF's Guard or can be used instantly when a GF opens up on you.

CW's have a ton of tools to deal with all but the most skilled GFs.

So, this is just one more QQ thread by a newbie, unfortunately...

Harder to deal withtr then a gf as cw

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    zvieriszvieris Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Unbalance in PvP in Neverwinter? I'd say it's pretty balanced. You obviously haven't seen the PvP in my last action MMORPG... It was horrendous. 3 classes beat every other class (10 in total) to a pulp before you could think of three letters "W T F". But here? The only big balance issue with PvP I see is mounts. I liked the lvl 10-19 PvP bracket a lot more without those folks with their +110% speed mounts.

But anyways, I'm more annoyed by team 'mates' pvping outside tower zone rather than some insignificant balance issues. Lost like 9000+ random fights just because ppl prefer getting +50 points for a kill instead of +300 points for a zone capture and losing a match which means like 2-3x lower prize... 'Logic' :cool:
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    zvieris wrote: »
    Unbalance in PvP in Neverwinter? I'd say it's pretty balanced. You obviously haven't seen the PvP in my last action MMORPG... It was horrendous. 3 classes beat every other class (10 in total) to a pulp before you could think of three letters "W T F". But here? The only big balance issue with PvP I see is mounts. I liked the lvl 10-19 PvP bracket a lot more without those folks with their +110% speed mounts.

But anyways, I'm more annoyed by team 'mates' pvping outside tower zone rather than some insignificant balance issues. Lost like 9000+ random fights just because ppl prefer getting +50 points for a kill instead of +300 points for a zone capture and losing a match which means like 2-3x lower prize... 'Logic' :cool:
    Pug?
    An intelligent pug? Go forth. And multiply

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    zvieriszvieris Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Pug?
    An intelligent pug? Go forth. And multiply

Yea well, it doesn't take a genius to figure out the basics of domination. Yet somewhat the majority find it challenging...
  • Options
    dante123pldante123pl Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 282 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    never seen some 1 complaining about GF being able to guard, i think shield is just for the look then
  • Options
    godlysoul1godlysoul1 Member Posts: 293 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    You said it yourself, DC is a support class, so why would you expect them to be able to do high damage? Also, CW that are built right can apply constant freezes and stunlock combos, as well as be able to nearly 1 shot people with the ice knife daily which is very fast to reacharge due to high AP gain.
  • Options
    gokkensgokkens Member Posts: 104 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    tarmalen wrote: »

Nope no 50% damage reduction
    no damage like GWf meaning you will not free the point and get points from it

The dc healing is not even close to the Gwf from restoring strike and all his temp hp
  • Options
    gokkensgokkens Member Posts: 104 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    godlysoul1 wrote: »
    You said it yourself, DC is a support class, so why would you expect them to be able to do high damage? Also, CW that are built right can apply constant freezes and stunlock combos, as well as be able to nearly 1 shot people with the ice knife daily which is very fast to reacharge due to high AP gain.

I think the thought came from seeing they suck at supporting, and they have no shield logic dictates they must be good at damage dealing.
  • Options
    dante123pldante123pl Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 282 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    gokkens wrote: »

The dc healing is not even close to the Gwf from restoring strike and all his temp hp
    i guess u never seen regen/def/deflect cleric then, he can hold cap much better than senti
  • Options
    wh0wh0 Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    dante123pl wrote: »
    i guess u never seen regen/def/deflect cleric then, he can hold cap much better than senti

Exactly. Even top TR have problem taking it down.
  • Options
    overddriveoverddrive Member Posts: 722 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    Okay, this is the problem with pvp: Guardian Fighters are pretty much invincible while blocking, I can never kill one since all they do is keep knocking me down and stunning me. Great Weapon fighters get their "berserk" or whatever it is so they gain (a lot of) temporary HP and are unaffected by everything, not to mention the damage they do. Trickster Rogues get stealth which makes their Lashing Blade crit with 100% chance and their Impossible to Catch is completely overpowered while stealthed. Now Control Wizards just do damage with nothing that makes them invincible like the other classes, and the Devoted Clerics just don't do enough damage but they are a support class. Why is it so unbalanced? I'm not whining, I'm actually wondering why.

I think cw is one of the best pvp classes really, and I don't even play mine from range, I fight right on the node. CW is mobile, GF in block is barely mobile. As long as your not getting knocked down by a control power, you can run straight at a gf or gwf and then teleport right behind them, dangle them and have your way with em. It is good to push THEM off the block and use a control power and then just light them up. I would even say a cw is one of the best "tanking" classes for pvp because you can cc people and run around blinking in and out everywhere while 3-5 of the other team tries to kill you, your contesting the node and allowing the rest of your party o capture other nodes.
    PanzerJäger HR Hybrid
    Jugger Conq GF
  • Options
    esteenaesteena Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1
    edited November 2013
    gokkens wrote: »

ayroux wrote: »
    DCs- Arguably the weakest class atm in pvp. They are pretty good at holding nodes with someone but are a LONG way off from being good 1v1.

^ These guys don't understand how to play DC well in PvP.

gctrl wrote: »

^ That guy does.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    esteena wrote: »
    ^ These guys don't understand how to play DC well in PvP.

^ That guy does.

yea lmao, i suggest people who dont understand how to play the game to watch some of these videos, and there is even more posted up on youtube if u want a variety of matches

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    hidahayabusahidahayabusa Member Posts: 634 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    I don't think that there is any class capable of shifting the balance towards its team, other than a good DC.
    * Notorious Dwarven Bear Cavalry Leader *
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    I don't think that there is any class capable of shifting the balance towards its team, other than a good DC.

a good cw can carry an entire team to victory if it isnt focused down hardcore. theres this one cw that i 5v5 against that tends to wreck the entire game if we dont lock him down 24/7

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    hidahayabusahidahayabusa Member Posts: 634 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    The thing is that CWs that get focused die easily. On the other hand DCs can give a run for their money. But yes, CW's performace is also a cornerstone.

They are also DC's biggest nightmare :)
    * Notorious Dwarven Bear Cavalry Leader *
  • Options
    pers3phonepers3phone Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    overddrive wrote: »
    I would even say a cw is one of the best "tanking" classes for pvp because you can cc people and run around blinking in and out everywhere while 3-5 of the other team tries to kill you, your contesting the node and allowing the rest of your party o capture other nodes.

I'm sure you jest :) CWs are the worst possible choice at contesting points and tanking, by far. There are probably like 4-5 CWs in the entire game that I know of who are capable of doing a slightly decent job at this, but still extremely underwhelming compared to tank DC/sent/TR/GF
    a good cw can carry an entire team to victory if it isnt focused down hardcore. theres this one cw that i 5v5 against that tends to wreck the entire game if we dont lock him down 24/7

Yeah, but only a dumb team doesn't focus the CW. The audio from PM vs PM streams/video is telling it all: "Focus the CW", each and every time without exception. So sadly, the CW is the least capable class of carrying teams to victory in my opinion, I played quite a few games against very good PvP CWs when they had bad pugs as a team and many of them even left in frustration while others stood at camp and chatted instead.

Basically there's no reason to not focus the CW: they are dangerous and they are squishy too. So there are no excuses.