test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

astral diamonds for trade window

dravenrosedravenrose Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 15 Arc User
edited December 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
i strongly suggest with the new trade window system, that you add astral diamonds just under the gold currency.
so many players are trying to do trades threw the auction house and being ripped off.
either the item gets bought out from under them / posted for the wrong amount at first / or even not posted and the trader runs off with the item. not to mention the general listing and sell fees

so all in all it just makes more sense to add astral diamonds to the new trade window system. it will work so well with this second pop up confirmation page :)
Post edited by dravenrose on

Comments

• fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Trading AD, the prime currency of the game, directly between characters would make it pointless having separate currencies from Gold in the first place.

In addition, in all MMOs, the following is universal, the AH transaction fees are there to,

1. Make sure players do not use the AH as an extra storage facility.
    2. To drain player currency from the economy as part of doing any player transactions. This adds inflation, forces an improvement in the quality of items and prices listed and encourages other in-game activities to get more currency.
    3. It adds significant costs to "black market" trading of very large amounts of game currency between players.

In other words, you have more chance to see, for example, the introduction of different PvP modes/maps or PvE raids in this game, than you will ever see a costless player-to-player AD Trading option (so, basically never).
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited November 2013
    . . . . . This won't happen as AD are a part of the RTM system and must be traded through the Astral Diamond Exchange. This is not a bug report, so moving it to General.
  • bowdidlybowdidly Member Posts: 261 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    I am not sure about a means to trade AD, there is no need realy.

However one thing that does seriously need looking into and changing is the Guild bank new tab system, the only way to buy new guild bank tabs is through AD, and there is no way for guild members to contribute or deposit AD into a guild fund.
    A guild is all about teamwork and a group of freinds, guild members working together for there guild, but this system makes it so that only 1 player can buy bank tabs. Extra bank tabs are for the whole guild and for every members benifit but yet they can not 'join forces' to purchase them.

In my opinion extra guild bank tabs should be purchasable with GOLD, the guild bank inventory already has a gold deposit which is to be honest at present pointless, but if you could buy guild beifits like extra bank tabs it would be a huge benifit to all members in the guild.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    dravenrose wrote: »
    so many players are trying to do trades threw the auction house and being ripped off.
    either the item gets bought out from under them / posted for the wrong amount at first / or even not posted and the trader runs off with the item. not to mention the general listing and sell fees

I don't think "ripped off" means what you think it does.

If you've arranged to buy an item and someone buys it before you can, that's disappointing, but you still have your money.
    If the seller lists the item for more than you agreed, you are under no obligation to buy. If they made a mistake and pull and relist for you, you have nothing to complain about.
    Likewise, if the trader decides to back out and not post the item you wanted, you have not paid anything.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • tundrrabloomtundrrabloom Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 297 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Trading AD to help pay for Guild Bank Tabs would be great. Even better being able donate AD to the guildbank and buying additional tabs through the bank itself along with other potential guild perks.

Edit: doh! Sorry bowdidly, i didn't see you had already posted this idea.
    edited November 2013
    Trading AD to help pay for Guild Bank Tabs would be great. Even better being able donate AD to the guildbank and buying additional tabs through the bank itself along with other potential guild perks.

Edit: doh! Sorry bowdidly, i didn't see you had already posted this idea.

^^ nps, i have mentioned this a few times since open beta, but alas nothing as ever been said about it.

Like my post above my idea was to make guild banks tabs purchasable with gold, as there is already a guild gold deposit and also this would not have any efect at all on the main currency in the game, AD
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited November 2013
    . . . . . I do agree on Guild Banks. Players should be able to deposit AD into a Guild Bank and then the Guild Leader(s) should then be able to spend it on Guild Only Perks. Right now such a perk only consists of Storage Tabs but could be expanded into other things guild-specific. The AD deposited should not be able to be withdrawn however and there should be a disclaimer/confirmation stating that deposited AD cannot be withdrawn once deposited when a player chooses to do such.
    edited November 2013
    zebular wrote: »
    . . . . . I do agree on Guild Banks. Players should be able to deposit AD into a Guild Bank and then the Guild Leader(s) should then be able to spend it on Guild Only Perks. Right now such a perk only consists of Storage Tabs but could be expanded into other things guild-specific. The AD deposited should not be able to be withdrawn however and there should be a disclaimer/confirmation stating that deposited AD cannot be withdrawn once deposited when a player chooses to do such.

Agree, that is one way of doing it, But IMO to change the cost of guild tab purchase to one of gold, instead of AD would be alot easier to implement, everything is already there in game, just needs a currency change for the Tab
    edited November 2013
    bowdidly wrote: »
    Agree, that is one way of doing it, But IMO to change the cost of guild tab purchase to one of gold, instead of AD would be alot easier to implement, everything is already there in game, just needs a currency change for the Tab
    . . . . . I do agree, that changing it to a coin cost would be much better. Indeed! My post above was drawn from feedback received by several anonymous sources in which I receive feedback from players who do not use these forums. If it were to remain an AD cost, I would like it to be the way I stated for sure. But if at all possible, I surely would rather it be a coin cost too. As I am sure many others, and my sources would agree.
  • zealous5000zealous5000 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    It would still make trading much more fluid if you could put astral in the trade window.

I understand the need for money sinks and costs of player transactions that the Auction house provides... but why not just impose a tax on all player to player transactions as well- the same 10% or so charged by the AH.

Basically- if I'm questing and leveling up and I make a sale in a random zone... why shouldn't I be able to trade right then and there? I would have to go all the way back to the Enclave and go to the Ah... list the item... and then have my buyer find it and buy it... then I have to receive the astral from my mail- after a while it just makes the whole trade more trouble than it was worth.

I think putting in a tax similar to AH cuts on player to player transactions would serve to maintain money sinks in the game and make trading more fluid by streamlining it to our needs.